Bounce-n-Play Fundraiser Proceeds go to Child with Cancer

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

More than 250 came out Tuesday to support a beautiful little girl fighting cancer.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Hello

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Wonderfully done community! Thank you to BNP for their generosity.
durr

Altavista, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

BNPs owner is not generous, they did it for the publicity because her store is failing. The owner is an awful woman, I've seen her fire people for not being pretty enough (no thats not the official reason, but she told me that)...

Great job community for coming together for a positive cause!
James

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

durr wrote:
BNPs owner is not generous, they did it for the publicity because her store is failing. The owner is an awful woman, I've seen her fire people for not being pretty enough (no thats not the official reason, but she told me that)...
Great job community for coming together for a positive cause!
How fast does someone turn ugly? If what you are saying is true about firing someone for not being pretty, would that not be evident at hiring time? By your rational, wouldn't she simply not hire them in the firt place?

If they dressed up for the interview then came to work dissheveled, I'd fire 'em too.
Anne

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Are we so quickly forgetting the reason for the event? It was a terrific event to help support a wonderful little girl who is battling cancer. It was the community coming together to show love and support for a family who deserves nothing less.

And just so you (durr) know Bounce and Play received NO money for allowing this event to take place. They allowed the community to use their facility without charge and with ALL donations going directly to support a local family. No matter how awful you might think the owner is, she did a pretty awesome and generous thing so let's keep this story positive, okay?
FormalCompetitor

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

As a formal franchise member and competitor with all bounce rental companies in the area. I just want to say a few things. I've never met the owner of Bounce and Play so I can't speak to what may or may not have been done in the past. Once cannot please everyone. What I do know from first hand experience is that maintaining, securing, cleaning, and sterilizing inflatable rental equipment is a tough job. I enjoyed my short-term venture with the inflatable industry and I've been thinking about starting my own company back up. The reason I left the franchise I was involved in was because, everything had to be approved. You could not simply do a pay for play bounce with-out prior approval which, is understandable of course. I would like to say.. Thank you to Bounce and Play for such a generous offer. Yeah, BNP receives publicity but please don't forget the work involved to maintain a clean inflatable. I appreciate the generosity of BNP and the community. I hope the little girl recovers fully ASAP.
Melissa

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

For find out more ways to help and support the Vincent family go to:
https://www.facebook.com/BounceAThonForSophie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••