God at the Gay Pride Parade

There are 17 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Jun 11, 2013, titled God at the Gay Pride Parade. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

As acceptance of LGBT people, relationships, and legal equality spreads in communities of faith, churches and other religious groups are boosting their visibility in pride celebrations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#100 Jun 17, 2013
This is where you belong rainbow
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay
Yes your mistake.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#101 Jun 17, 2013
RevKen wrote:
Apparently he forgot that it takes one to know one.
I know 'thats' true!
My gaydar tells me so ;o))
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#102 Jun 17, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure looks like the Episcopal Church Forum to me pervert.
You guys are so original. Next you will be saying "I'm rubber and you are glue".
Were you born a male or not sissy? If so you are a man who can't handle the pressure of real world situations so you put on your best little dress and no one is supposed to confront a little pervert sissy right.
Geez you people are sickening
Sorry to pop your latex bubblemeister; sugarbro; but i have never worn a dress
100% man-candy here podnuh
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-54_DrYDb1b4/TjwBKaj...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#103 Jun 17, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
Sure looks like the Episcopal Church Forum to me pervert.
I speak Episcobabble too
I can prove it; check this out:
Only gay men will make it to heaven
They will only be redeemed from among men, and they have to be the first fruits
Men who have sex with women won't get in
++++++++++
Revelation 14:1> And I looked, and loe, a Lambe stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundreth fourty and foure thousand, hauing his Fathers Name written in their foreheads.
Revelation 14:2> And I heard a voice from heauen, as the voice of many waters, and as the voyce of a great thunder: and I heard the voyce of harpers, harping with their harpes.
Revelation 14:3> And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the foure beasts, and the Elders, and no man could learne that song, but the hundreth and fourtie and foure thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Revelation 14:4> These are they which were not defiled with women: for they are virgines: These are they which follow the Lambe whithersoeuer hee goeth: These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits vnto God, and to the Lambe.
Revelation 14:5> And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
++++++++++
Its in The Book; aren't you glad I was your counselor today; sugarbro?
You so lucky ;o))
Truth

Tulsa, OK

#104 Jun 17, 2013
god is imaginary. If he is real he is a weak-ass worthless piece of shit. So is the bastard he supposedly fathered.
Truth

Tulsa, OK

#105 Jun 17, 2013
P.S.
queers are worthless pieces of shit, also.

amen.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#106 Jun 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
P.S.
amen.
Poof! You're a fairy
http://i.eatliver.com/2011/8073.jpg
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#107 Jun 17, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to pop your latex bubblemeister; sugarbro; but i have never worn a dress
100% man-candy here podnuh
See now that is what I think of when I think of your kind.
Man candy? Latex bubblemeister? Sugarbro? Where do you come up with this slang?
Try acting like a regular person amd maybe---maybe we will take you seriously.
You are a sickening freak of nature.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#108 Jun 17, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You questioned why I was posting here and then said it was a queer/lesbian thread which it is definitely not.
That is one of the problems I have with your kind taking over a Church thread to spread your propaganda and agenda. Go to your kinds queer/lesbian thread and help us all.
This is an Episcopal Church thread not some dirty gender confused thread.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#109 Jun 17, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Poof! You're a fairy
http://i.eatliver.com/2011/8073.jpg
You of course know Truth is right-
Truth
P.S.

amen
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#111 Jun 17, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You questioned why I was posting here and then said it was a queer/lesbian thread which it is definitely not.
That is one of the problems I have with your kind taking over a Church thread to spread your propaganda and agenda. Go to your kinds queer/lesbian thread and help us all.
This is an Episcopal Church thread not some dirty gender confused thread.
The name of this chat room is 'God at the Gay Pride Parade'
That'd be us; sugarbro

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#112 Jun 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD does NOT make gay people - that is your choice.
yet you have shown that you did not choose which gender you are attracted to, why do you think others did?

why do you keep repeating this lie you have been caught out in before?

does your cult approve of lying about others to support their twisted world view?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#113 Jun 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
True Meaning of the Word
If the Word of God does not mean the Bible, what does it mean?
Much the greatest Word that God has ever spoken is his Son. Jesus is the supreme manifestation of the word of God. The Apostle John began his gospel:‘In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.’ Later in the same chapter we read:‘And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.’ Revelation 19:13 gives Jesus the same title:‘His name is called the Word of God’. Hebrews 1:1 and 11:3 have the same implication:‘God ... in these last days has spoken to us in his Son ... through whom also he made the world’; ‘By faith we understand that the world was prepared by the word of God’.
Jesus is the supreme and central manifestation of the word of God. All other manifestations of that word relate to him. The phrase the word of God in Scripture is also used to describe anything that God said to anyone or through anyone. For example,‘the word of the Lord came to Moses’,‘the word of God came to John in the wilderness’,‘the word of the Lord to Israel through Malachi’ or ‘the words of Amos which he saw concerning Israel’.
When God speaks, it is the word of God. In the Old Testament God spoke directly to the prophets. He spoke to others through them. He also spoke through events in the lives of individuals and the nation. This state of affairs continued essentially until Pentecost, when the Spirit was poured out upon all flesh. The circle of those to whom he wants to speak directly is extended to all who believe. No longer is it only the few prophets and leaders, but it is the common man.
It is contrary not only to scripture, but also to nature and reason, to believe that God wants to use a book as his primary method of communication. Writing is in general a bad way of communicating, as it is static and inflexible. For most purposes speaking is much better, and I should think ninety per cent of human communication is done that way. Writing is only better when you want a permanent record. It combats the failing of human memory and removes grounds for argument.
Several further factors confirm the Bible is not God’s primary method of communication. Only a minority of the human race, and not even all Christians, own Bibles. Before the last century’s great increase in literacy the number was much smaller. Before the invention of printing and the reformation privately owned Bibles were unimagined and all Bibles were in Latin anyway. Even for the privileged few that own Bibles today there are further problems. Our Bibles are not the original inspired words, but very fallible translations. Even the best scholar cannot begin to know an ancient language as well as a child speaks its native tongue, because he has only a fraction of the study material. The scholar has a limited number of ancient manuscripts, while the child is surrounded by a ceaseless flow of speech. Even if scholars knew Greek and Hebrew as well as we know English, it is still impossible to translate the exact meaning from one language to another. God has placed limitations on the wonderful book he has given us because he has something better and greater.
Let me stress again, God’s primary way of speaking to man is directly through the Holy Spirit to those who have earsing through them. What they said was the word of God to their hearers. When a man or woman today speaks under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, that also is the word of God for whomsoever God intends it. When God speaks a message directly to our hearts by the Holy Spirit, that also is his word.
When Satan quoted scripture to Jesus in the wilderness, it was not the word of GOD.
yet this "word of your god" has been proven to be false, as has the concept of divine inspiration, so the bible is just the writings of humans, nothing more...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#114 Jun 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD does NOT make gay people - that is your choice.
Prove it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#115 Jun 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
True Meaning of the Word
If the Word of God does not mean the Bible, what does it mean?...
First off, "the Bible" is not a single work. It is two related anthologies of individual writings collected, in the case of the Hebrew writings by an academy of Pharisees after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the Greek writings assembled and argued over by various people over a period of centuries.

Of the Hebrew writings, not all of it is prophetic utterence. The Jews themselves, even the Pharisees in their synagogues, separate the writings into three grouping that came to be know as the TaNaKh, and acronym for "the Torah, the Prophetics, and the Writings". So not all of it is of the same weight, and definitely not all divine utterence however delivered. The collected Hebrew writings of the TaNaKh are simply those Required, and Best-Of bit of Hebrew literature and history, the equivalent in it's time of, say, the series "The Great Books of the Western World" that every even moderately educated family (or those wanting to seem so) had in it's library. The TaNaKh was the basic synagogue kit, if you will. It was adopted by the gentile followers of Saul who went to the Pharisees to learn how to read and translate it. I guess they forgot to beware that leaven, so rather quickly christendom began to more and more resemble pharisees in a great many aspects of their religious and liturgical practices, manners, attitudes and thought. Christendom drifted further from Yeshua's teachings and further into an odd mixture of diaspora phariseeism, Alexandrian-Greco-Romanism, and some vague psudo-nostalgic constructs of Jerusalem temple practices.

By the way, the phrase "Son of God" in the Jewish tradition of Yeshua's time differs markedly from them meanings assigned by gentiles unfamiliar with non-pharisaic Jewish conceptual history, and definitely different from that developed by gentiles without even that much.

Consider:

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13912-...

Now about "the Word".

"John" was composed by someone very well acquainted with the writings of the thoroughly Hellenized Jewish philosopher, Philo of Alexandria.

Consider ...

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12...

Saul blatantly plagiarized Plato and the Stoics.

Consider ...

http://www.worldandi.com/newhome/public/2004/...

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13232-...

That's enough for now. It's time for Lauds.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#116 Jun 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet this "word of your god" has been proven to be false, as has the concept of divine inspiration, so the bible is just the writings of humans, nothing more...
Only in your mind is the Bible false. I have explained this to you enough believe what you want.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#118 Jun 18, 2013
Lilith_Sparkles wrote:
<quoted text>here let me give you an example of your wonderful gods behavior....
"Pssst" Hey buddy..(God says to Abraham)... if you love me you will KILL your children!!!!! No Really... If you freakin love me you will butcher the little brats right now!!!
Ya some swell God you got there
LOLOLOL
GOD provided a sheep at that mountain top and pulled the knife from Abraham hand - you forgot that part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 18 min The_Box 3,507
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 22 min Pietro Armando 2,487
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 38 min Wanderer2452 3,206
News In Arkansas, Huckabee poised to launch 2nd Whit... 1 hr spocko 27
News Pat Robertson Urges Parents to Skip Child's Sam... 1 hr Gremlin 5
News Australian leader brushes off snub to diplomat'... 1 hr Aspirin Between M... 2
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 2 hr Reverend Alan 577
More from around the web