God at the Gay Pride Parade

God at the Gay Pride Parade

There are 97 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Jun 11, 2013, titled God at the Gay Pride Parade. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

As acceptance of LGBT people, relationships, and legal equality spreads in communities of faith, churches and other religious groups are boosting their visibility in pride celebrations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#28 Jun 15, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"God you worship has been proven false"
......... and that proof is ... lol !
your own bible, the foundation of your cult.

i already gave you the proof and you couldn't counter any of it.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#29 Jun 15, 2013
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#30 Jun 15, 2013
whelp wrote:
If God was really at a gay pride parade, he would probably be there to shake his head at all the mistakes he made
GOD does not make mistakes. This is the "Gays" doing/choice for themselves - not GODS.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#31 Jun 15, 2013
Listen to the Word wrote:
Just because churches show up at the Gay Pride Parades does not mean that God approves. It means that ...
It means that religious people who truly believe in sharing the love and wonder of God with everyone, are actually walking that walk and talking that talk with real human beings.

So many religions and so-called religious people work tirelessly to drive gay people out of their churches and away from God, and all for a natural and God-given trait that wasn't asked for, wasn't chosen, and can't be changed.

You should be thankful, if you are a Christian, that so many churches are willing to step up, and step out with gay Christians (and millions of potential Christians, and try to change the message of fear, ignorance, and hatred that permeates so many "religious" people, who should know better.

It you are afraid to do it, don't whine when others are called by God to do so.

Location hidden

#32 Jun 15, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD does not make mistakes. This is the "Gays" doing/choice for themselves - not GODS.
We all make choices, all the time. But the gender we can be attracted to is not one of them.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#34 Jun 15, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
We all make choices, all the time. But the gender we can be attracted to is not one of them.
You are exactly right. How anyone can disagree with you about this is simply beyond me.

The only thing I can figure is that the most vehemently negative to this idea are likely in personal denial.

Rev. Ken

St. Croix valley

#35 Jun 15, 2013
His-truth wrote:
gave it to you so many times already. try to counter even one of the facts first...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#36 Jun 16, 2013
Gator Bait wrote:
<quoted text>
You Queers are proven birth defects. You are freaks.
You usually abusive to those with birth defects?

Location hidden

#37 Jun 16, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
G-d created all in perfection. It is what you do with it that perverts perfection. He still loves you but not your sinning ways.
Your kind are not normal and you know it.
You have done the damage, no one else.
Wherever did you get THAT notion?

The Hebrew in Genesis doesn't mean "perfect" but "good enough", as in "It'll work" kind of good enough.

Location hidden

#38 Jun 16, 2013
Norton wrote:
God don't cotton to homosexuality. Why do you think the world is being destroyed by extreme weather?
Study some chemistry, then study some meteorology.

Location hidden

#40 Jun 16, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly right. How anyone can disagree with you about this is simply beyond me.
The only thing I can figure is that the most vehemently negative to this idea are likely in personal denial.
Rev. Ken
It's simple sadly. All sin must be choice, by definition.

So, if it's important to you to believe that being gay is a sin, you MUST believe it's a choice, despite all evidence to the contrary, and the personal life experiences of just about every gay person on the planet.

And yet, under the law, it really should make no difference.

St. Croix valley

#41 Jun 16, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
you haven't read you bible, have you?

he made many. for some of them he came back as jesus (so the myth goes) and corrected his mistakes.(flying full in the face of the whole concept of an infallible god...but there it is, right in the bible)

I haven't found a cult yet that doesn't disprove their own created god...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#42 Jun 16, 2013
Listen to the Word wrote:
Just because churches show up at the Gay Pride Parades does not mean that God approves. It means that apostate church leaders approve. Nor do church leaders need to show up to know that "God is at the Gay Pride Parade." He is present everywhere -- even in hell ("If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there" (Psalm 139:8) That does not mean God is present to suffer in hell. He is there is carry out his justice. Satan is just another prisoner, not the warden. If anyone draws the conclusion that, just because clergy and church groups show up at any event, this proves God is present and approves of everything the event stands for, they are bigger fools than one ever imagined.
Your theory can not been proven in a court of law
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#43 Jun 16, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm-mmm-mm; sugar
GOD invited the straight people's churches to our parade
The churches accepted GOD's invitation
Would you accept GOD's invitation to our parade if you received one?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#44 Jun 16, 2013
Gator Bait wrote:
<quoted text>
You Queers are proven birth defects. You are freaks.
If what you say is true; then we qualify for disability benefits and handicap parking stickers.....
Thanks for the tip; sugar
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#45 Jun 16, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm-mmm-mm; sugar
GOD invited the straight people's churches to our parade
The churches accepted GOD's invitation
Would you accept GOD's invitation to our parade if you received one?
You did not read my post close. Let me start by saying if a gay walked into our church - he would be welcomed and treated just like anyone else. I am not judging anyone - that is not my place - my comment was "GOD does not make mistakes."
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#46 Jun 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you haven't read you bible, have you?
he made many. for some of them he came back as jesus (so the myth goes) and corrected his mistakes.(flying full in the face of the whole concept of an infallible god...but there it is, right in the bible)
Prove it.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#47 Jun 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you haven't read you bible, have you?
Yes I am sure you can not because GOD does not like it.

Leviticus 18:22 &#9658;
King James 2000 Bible (2003)
If a man also lies with a man, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

These are NOT MY WORDS they are GODS WORDS.

St. Croix valley

#48 Jun 16, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not read my post close. Let me start by saying if a gay walked into our church - he would be welcomed and treated just like anyone else. I am not judging anyone - that is not my place - my comment was "GOD does not make mistakes."
...which has been proven to be a false statement.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#49 Jun 16, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD corrects his own mistakes
The world used to be flat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... 14 min T-bag 49
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 9,775
News Worker fired for same sex 'No' vote hits out 1 hr Prosperity Fundie... 11
News Roger Hines: Clarity and controversy from the B... 8 hr facts 92
News Trump Adds to Rollback of Obama Legacy With Ant... 23 hr TomInElPaso 106
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sep 18 Boro parent 32,019
News Australia's Turnbull Defends 'Religious Freedom... Sep 18 Gremlin 2
More from around the web