Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leade...

Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill

There are 136 comments on the EDGE story from Feb 11, 2013, titled Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill. In it, EDGE reports that:

Officials from the Mormon Church have apparently been working with Utah's LGBT community in order to create a bill that would protect gays from housing and employment discrimination in Utah, Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#110 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you really are an idiot. Let me guess, Google is not allowed by your parents.
I don't Google your weirdo sex positions and acronyms because I really don't care to know about such perversions.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#111 May 9, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't Google your weirdo sex positions and acronyms because I really don't care to know about such perversions.
The irony here is that these last few posts have done nothing but betray how much of a liar you are.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#112 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you don't care about facts and reality, you just want to make up reasons to hate other humans.
Considering I said nothing of not caring for facts and reality and you accuse me of hating humans, you have judged your attitude colours as a far left prejudicial, discriminating judgemental bigoted liberal of the worst kind that exists. Nice job, well done. Anything else you wish to reveal about yourself?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#113 May 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Justify" is a protestant obsession.
Most gay people I know feel no need to "justify" anything except their monthly bank statements.
"Justify" is a homosexual obsession to prove they are no different than the next person. And I understand it.
But justifying one's sexual activity by what other animal species do, that I don't understand. I think it fails on many levels. Animals also do many other things not being referenced by humans who partake in the same things like incest, infanticide, a new dominant male murdering younger male offspring, polygamy, etc.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#114 May 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering I said nothing of not caring for facts and reality and you accuse me of hating humans, you have judged your attitude colours as a far left prejudicial, discriminating judgemental bigoted liberal of the worst kind that exists. Nice job, well done. Anything else you wish to reveal about yourself?
Yep, you ignore reality.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#115 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony here is that these last few posts have done nothing but betray how much of a liar you are.
Typical left wing response. Whenever liberals are losing an argument or void of ideas, they resort to either calling their opponent a "racist" or "liar".

I guess we've reached that point.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#116 May 10, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical left wing response. Whenever liberals are losing an argument or void of ideas, they resort to either calling their opponent a "racist" or "liar".
I guess we've reached that point.
Interesting, you just called yourself and everyone else on here a liberal.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#117 May 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you ignore reality.
Yeah well, if that were really true, I'd still be in a better reality than those trying to prove/justify what they do sexually should be okay because animals do the same thing...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#118 May 11, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well, if that were really true, I'd still be in a better reality than those trying to prove/justify what they do sexually should be okay because animals do the same thing...
You ignore reality so you can justify hating fellow humans in your mind. I'd rather be the better person who treats everyone equally.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#119 May 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore reality so you can justify hating fellow humans in your mind. I'd rather be the better person who treats everyone equally.
You don't have the capacity to treat people equally. You have proven beyond a doubt your a far left judgemental prejudicial bigot.
I originally stated/insinuated it wasn't a good thing to justify one's human sex actions by comparing oneself to the sexual actions of animals and you went all looney tunes claiming I hate people.
You're a clown and a joke to speak of treating people equally by judgement.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#120 May 12, 2013
No surprise is a liar filth

He is on another thread trying so desperately to "explain" that black people "might" have come from the curse of Cain.

His rationale? "different skin colors had to come from somewhere since the days of Adam"

and so therefore he goes on and on explaining how passages in the Bible that have NOTHING TO DO WITH CAIN point to God "possibly" cursing him with black skin and that being passed down...

even though... in the bible, cain is cursed from growing crops...

So this LIAR is on one hand arguing the curse being black skin which was passed down, but ignores the actual CURSE on the ground...

because black people have been always able to grow crops. thats what they were enslaved to so hundreds of years ago... DUH...

But this LIAR talks to you guys about equality and then defends the Mormon teachings that supported slavery and linking blacks to Cain.

He's a LIAR just like all the Mormon prophets.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have the capacity to treat people equally. You have proven beyond a doubt your a far left judgemental prejudicial bigot.
I originally stated/insinuated it wasn't a good thing to justify one's human sex actions by comparing oneself to the sexual actions of animals and you went all looney tunes claiming I hate people.

Location hidden

#121 May 12, 2013
Look at the liar go!

Go liar go!

Justify what mormons did that was screwed up, because "other churches" taught it.

but nature itself, is not justifiable for accepting with two gay people do, of their own choice, without forcing others.

Go liar GO! Go liar GO!

See No Surprise Type
See No Surprise Lie
See No Surprise Post

Post No Surprise Post!
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
"Justify" is a homosexual obsession to prove they are no different than the next person. And I understand it.
But justifying one's sexual activity by what other animal species do, that I don't understand. I think it fails on many levels. Animals also do many other things not being referenced by humans who partake in the same things like incest, infanticide, a new dominant male murdering younger male offspring, polygamy, etc.

Location hidden

#122 May 12, 2013
But you, being the liar,

you explain to me in the OTHER thread that the attitude of whites that exhibited bigotry...

oh wait... let me quote the liar...

"Mormon leaders weren't against slavery per se because it was a Biblical teaching and at the time it was legal to own slaves of any colour. But neither were they for the enslavement of people which was a bit of a contradictory position as they believed as Smith taught the African should be free, not a slave.
But Mormon leaders approached slaves as Christianity did, according to traditional teaching and the laws of the land.
But it wasn't rooted in hate as you claim. See, for most people when you hate something, you don't want anything to do with what you hate. Thats how it usually goes. And if you have to deal with what you hate, you get rid of it however you can so it isn't in your life any more.
Did people hate Africans and want to see them dead in the 1800s? of course. But what you're claiming is people hating Africans loved to have them as slaves and loved to feed them and clothe them and tend to them when they were sick so they were productive slaves. Your hate statement is a racists rant and makes little sense."

This is from No Surprise in the other thread. Apparently my statement about Mormon leaders teaching hate against blacks... you know "If anyone marries a negro, death on the spot" and such...

According to this liar below thats MY hateful rant not theirs..

Oh and this liar's assessment of the worst kind that exists? It's apparently worse than this crap he said above.

Let's give the liar a round of applause...
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#123 May 12, 2013
One time the liar, no surprise did a good one

I asked him for evidence... and he replies

"Oh you want some evidence? Well chew on these opinions"... then posts a long post of discredited theories that have no bearing on the conversation.

He's the most full of crap person on this forum...

I replied... if I ask for evidence and you give me opinions... maybe if I ask for opinions, you'll give me evidence...

THAT is how bad he is
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you ignore reality.

Location hidden

#124 May 12, 2013
Because of No Surprise lying so much in the other thread... and because of how I see him lying in here...

I, a hetersexual person, will come in here and glady fiercely defend the homosexual people, on all fronts in this thread against all his posts.

i will help fortify against him, and at all times, reveal his biblical ignorance, contradictions.

I will happily help humiliate him by pointing out simple obvious inconsistencies in the first sentence of his long diatribes that totally make it clear that reading the rest is a waste of time.

And more importantly I will make sure, for as long as he defends this curse of cain blasphemy, i will break him down and I hope you all will capitalize on his impotence along the way

Location hidden

#125 May 12, 2013
Homosexual activity is normal, as it is a usual standard of activity among humans for eons..It's occuring naturally throughout the world. It was prevalent among the Greek culture during it's various periods, and among other cultures of antiquity.

So find that humorous too...
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
nor·mal [ náwrm'l ]
usual: conforming to the usual standard, type, or custom
healthy: physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy
occurring naturally: maintained or occurring in a natural state
Exiting religious dogma for the moment, the three main groups of sexualality are normal within the animal kingdom: hetero, homo and bi. But it's only the homosexual crowd that uses this fact to justify human homosexuality. I find that ironic, that's all and a bit humorous :)

Location hidden

#126 May 12, 2013
What do you guys think of mine?

It's really my response to the liar's avatar.

I felt a bird stomping and overpowering a snake was telling...

The point being, that this relationship is often assumed to be one way, but in the end, the facts speak for themselves. Birds don't need to merely fly away, they can fight back and win.

that's also very telling of how conversations go.

how one person assumes to lead them, and how that he's unable to handle it when he is passed by the reality of what's going on.

No surprise,

you're a liar. Period. You talk about bigotry in here, and then you justify it in the other thread.

Your scum
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you love it ;)P
It's actually there to see who would notice the relationship between the nickname and avatar.
For the snake it'll be no surprise to sneak on the unsuspecting bird for a meal.
But there's no surprise for the bird when it flies off at the crucial moment to the surprise the snake.
I find the above relative to conversations that take place in Topix.

Location hidden

#127 May 12, 2013
Remember NO Suprise spoke of "NORMAL"

See if you can find this in another Mormon leader quote, then watch how No Surprise definition of Normal will change. It's how the liar does:

Prophet George Albert Smith (1870 – 1951):

“Your ideas, as we understand them, appear to contemplate the intermarriage of the Negro and white races, a concept which has heretofore been most repugnant to most normal-minded people from the ancient patriarchs until now.... there is a growing tendency, particularly among some educators, as it manifests itself in this area, toward the breaking down of race barriers in the matter of intermarriage between whites and blacks, but it does not have the sanction of the Church and is contrary to Church doctrine.”

- LDS First Presidency (George Albert Smith), letter to Virgil H. Sponberg (critic of the anti-black ban), May 5, 1947, quoted in Lester E. Bush, Mormonism’s Negro Doctrine: An Historical Overview, p. 42

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#128 May 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You are projecting here, pure projection from a bigot.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#129 May 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are projecting here, pure projection from a bigot.
...and you know projecting really well...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 9 min spocko 339
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 9 min Prep-for-Dep 1,252
News Another KY clerk vows to not issue same sex mar... 24 min sammy 5
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... 25 min George 18
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... (Mar '15) 7 hr Zorri 7,285
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 10 hr Belle Sexton 34,844
News .com | Philippine church leaders urge oppositio... 15 hr Belle Sexton 3
More from around the web