Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill

Feb 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

Officials from the Mormon Church have apparently been working with Utah's LGBT community in order to create a bill that would protect gays from housing and employment discrimination in Utah, Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Comments
81 - 100 of 136 Comments Last updated May 16, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
nor·mal [ náwrm'l ]
usual: conforming to the usual standard, type, or custom
healthy: physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy
occurring naturally: maintained or occurring in a natural state
Exiting religious dogma for the moment, the three main groups of sexualality are normal within the animal kingdom: hetero, homo and bi. But it's only the homosexual crowd that uses this fact to justify human homosexuality. I find that ironic, that's all and a bit humorous :)
"Justify" is a protestant obsession.

Most gay people I know feel no need to "justify" anything except their monthly bank statements.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither. Doesn't matter though. Love is love. Anybody who would deny marriage between a man and his truck will be declared a bigot and truckophobe!
Nope.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're against me marrying my truck? You're a bigot.
Of course not, but until your gitalongwagon can demonstrate understanding of the terms of the contract, consent to the contract, and sign a marriage license, the issue is a false one.

Marriage is a contract between two parties who can demonstrate understanding of the terms and consent to them without coercion, manipulation or duress.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>In other word, it is you who hates your own mom and that is sick.
Aw, you're stalking me, how cute, like a lost little puppy.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're against me marrying my truck? You're a bigot.
as many times you've masturbated in the bed of it maybe you should make it legal, maybe a new tire as a engagement ring. You know Trucks aren't very effeminate not like a sexy little sports car "like I drive" so a marriage to a truck could be perceived homosexual, just say'n

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's BDSM slang, and it comes from the heterosexual crowd. So if you don't know what it means, that means you are also not straight.
No idea what "BDSM" is either. Call me old fashioned, but I don't feel the need to learn a bunch of stupid, fancy words to have sex. I just go get it done.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I know the LGBT are like the racist,gays hate blacks because blacks are normal and gays are perverse by definition.
http://allisonkilkenny.com/wordpress/wp-conte...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>In other word, it is you who hates your own mom and that is sick.
Calumny is grievous sin, bucko.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea what "BDSM" is either. Call me old fashioned, but I don't feel the need to learn a bunch of stupid, fancy words to have sex. I just go get it done.
How much do you usually pay?

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
How much do you usually pay?
Just because you can't get laid, doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if using your own hand counts, Pete.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
I'm not sure if using your own hand counts, Pete.
It doesn't. But that I'm certainly not ashamed to admit that I use it every now and then between dates. Even a stud like myself can't have access to the ladies 24/7.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you've discovered that for many there is a price for anything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't. But that I'm certainly not ashamed to admit that I use it every now and then between dates. Even a stud like myself can't have access to the ladies 24/7.
Not known as a problem for the average gay man.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not known as a problem for the average gay man.
I reckon not. I'm sure guys like you drop your drawers for every bathroom toe tapper and Craigslist ad you come across. Guys like me however have things called standards.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I reckon not. I'm sure guys like you drop your drawers for every bathroom toe tapper and Craigslist ad you come across. Guys like me however have things called standards.
And here we gay guys thought straight guys would sleep with anything female that had a pulse!

Most gay guys, contrary to your misinformed belief, have standards. The ones who are into "toe tapping" are generally closet cases like whatshisname the politician who got caught. Most gay guys meet their partners through things like common interests (clubs or sports or whatever), through school, through family and friends, or in bars or at parties.

In my own case I met my spouse when we were both students in university. We met through the LGBT student group on campus. We're legally married now (we're Canadians, and same-sex marriage is legal in Canada) and have been in our happily monogamous relationship now for 25 years.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Gay And Proud wrote:
And here we gay guys thought straight guys would sleep with anything female that had a pulse!
Not quite, but some nights it depends on how much PBR and Icehole I've had

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Fancy? Bwahahaha, you don't know "fancy" words at all, that's for sure, but BDSM is neither a word, nor is it in any way "fancy," and you are lying when you say you don't know what it means, or you have been living under a rock at the bottom of the Mariana trench. In other words, you'd be the most stupid English speaker in the world.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fancy? Bwahahaha, you don't know "fancy" words at all, that's for sure, but BDSM is neither a word, nor is it in any way "fancy," and you are lying when you say you don't know what it means, or you have been living under a rock at the bottom of the Mariana trench. In other words, you'd be the most stupid English speaker in the world.
I'd be the "most stupid English speaker"? Overlooking the fact that your sentence was written poorly, it may surprise you that we all aren't on the same page with your gay sex terminology. What!? You don't know what a buscadero rig is!? You must be lying or living under a rock!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be the "most stupid English speaker"? Overlooking the fact that your sentence was written poorly, it may surprise you that we all aren't on the same page with your gay sex terminology. What!? You don't know what a buscadero rig is!? You must be lying or living under a rock!!
Wow, you really are an idiot. Let me guess, Google is not allowed by your parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••