Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill

Feb 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

Officials from the Mormon Church have apparently been working with Utah's LGBT community in order to create a bill that would protect gays from housing and employment discrimination in Utah, Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Comments
41 - 60 of 136 Comments Last updated May 16, 2013

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are about as educated as a two year old, if you really believe what you just posted.
That's about the caliber of response I expected when after I poured cold water on your argument.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about the caliber of response I expected when after I poured cold water on your argument.
So you are asserting that there is no homosexual activity in the wild? Sorry, we've documented more than in humanity.

You are saying it's "perverse" .... why? What an organism is attracted to is a trait which is controlled through genetics, and can be beneficial or detrimental on an evolutionary scale based on many factors, including which of the several hundred methods of breeding has developed in that species.

The irony is that our method of breeding is perverse, an unadaptive dichotomous gender breeding system is not only rare, it's rare for the species of such breeding systems to survive long.

Then there's the thing that anything within the laws of nature is natural, that's a small fact you ignore. Since it does not break any of the laws of nature, the speed of light for example, it is perfectly natural.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
No, pretty much all of nature is normal. This sexual perversion called homosexuality is pretty much limited to a handful of outspoken human beings. The medical dictionary describes a sexual perversion as being something unusual within a culture, and dudes liking other dudes fits the bill.
You really should educate yourself on a topic before posting like that and embarassing yourself so thoroughly.

Homosexual behavior is well documented in hundreds if not thousands of species besides humans. The book "Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity" by Bruce Bagemihl is a popular summary of the evidence and is available in most public libraries. Go look it up.

The medical profession doesn't back you up either on labeling homosexuality as perverse. The psychiatric ruling bodies (I mentioned previously) stopped treating homosexuality as a disorder back in the 1970s. Were you even alive then? You post like someone who is in their early teens.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

So the mainstream media is making this gay ball player who came out, to be a national hero. And why? Because he's a no-name mediocre pro player who came out and proclaimed that he likes to sleep with other guys!?

Goodbye America, been nice knowing ya. You're witnessing the decline of a nation. I'm sad to say that this country's greatest days are behind it. Thanks a lot, liberals.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Sneaky Pete wrote:
Goodbye America,
So you're leaving this country? Then good riddance. Perhaps Iran or Saudi Arabia might be more to your liking, bigot boy.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're leaving this country? Then good riddance. Perhaps Iran or Saudi Arabia might be more to your liking, bigot boy.
Nope, I'm going down with the ship, sorry.

And the bigot here is you! I have no problem with gays being gay, I just don't agree they should get "married". You libs are all about people being who they are and expressing their opinions, that is, until someone disagrees with you, then we're "haters" and "bigots".

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Sneaky Pete wrote:
So the mainstream media is making this gay ball player who came out, to be a national hero. And why? Because he's a no-name mediocre pro player who came out and proclaimed that he likes to sleep with other guys!?
Goodbye America, been nice knowing ya. You're witnessing the decline of a nation. I'm sad to say that this country's greatest days are behind it. Thanks a lot, liberals.
I think all men who play with balls are gay, I mean, you'd have to be to like balls so much, no?

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I'm going down with the ship, sorry.
And the bigot here is you! I have no problem with gays being gay, I just don't agree they should get "married". You libs are all about people being who they are and expressing their opinions, that is, until someone disagrees with you, then we're "haters" and "bigots".
I don't like knuckle-dragging homophobic morons but I haven't tried to deny you your civil rights!

You seem to be unclear on what a bigot is. Here's a definition from the Merriam-Webster online dictionary:
bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

If the shoe fits...

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
I don't like knuckle-dragging homophobic morons
bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
If the shoe fits...
Hmmm, "knuckle dragging homophobic moron", eh? Yes, I know what "bigots" are, and they are pro gay bullies like yourself who meet anyone that favors traditional marriage with "hatred and intolerance" (does Chick Fil a ring a bell??)

Yes, the shoe certainly fits...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, "knuckle dragging homophobic moron", eh? Yes, I know what "bigots" are, and they are pro gay bullies like yourself who meet anyone that favors traditional marriage with "hatred and intolerance" (does Chick Fil a ring a bell??)
You really think that a boycott is hatred? Sad, you are so anti-American it's almost humorous.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that a boycott is hatred? Sad, you are so anti-American it's almost humorous.
You must've missed all of the vile hate that was spewed from your ilk, directed towards that establishment and it's employees. You're so clueless it's humorous. If you hate my country and it's traditions do much, why not leave?

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is working to deny a group of citizens their civil rights? And how again does legal recognition of same-sex marriages have any effect on heterosexual marriages?

Boycotts are bad? You better run over to the American Family Association, the "One Million Moms", and groups like that and tell them quick. They obviously haven't gotten the memo because they've been calling for all sorts of boycotts.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is working to deny a group of citizens their civil rights? And how again does legal recognition of same-sex marriages have any effect on heterosexual marriages?
Boycotts are bad? You better run over to the American Family Association, the "One Million Moms", and groups like that and tell them quick. They obviously haven't gotten the memo because they've been calling for all sorts of boycotts.
Who are you to deny a pervert his right to marry his horse, or a dude to marry three other dudes. After all, isn't it everybody's right to marry the object of their affection? Oh that's right, horses and polygamy don't adhere to your agenda.

I never said boycotting is bad. The issue I have is the sick rhetoric and anger associated with it that was shown toward a business owner for his traditional beliefs. Perhaps bigots like you need to familiarize yourselves with another important word, H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E.

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

You're right -- marriage between unrelated consenting adults is EXACTLY like marrying an animal, because everyone knows animals are considered to be consenting adults capable of signing legal contracts!

And you've totally convinced me that the poor chick-fil-a owner suffered treatment far worse than the treatment directed at gays and lesbians for generations. I'm sure Matthew Sheppard and the rest of us LGBT people would agree with you.

Didn't Jesus say that we are to treat others the way we would like to be treated? Since you're determined to treat LGBT citizens as undeserving of civil rights, I'd like to know which of your civil rights you think should be taken away. Just so you're not being a hypocrite and all.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You must've missed all of the vile hate that was spewed from your ilk, directed towards that establishment and it's employees. You're so clueless it's humorous. If you hate my country and it's traditions do much, why not leave?
"My" ilk? Kid, you don't know who or what I am other than a poster on a forum. I defend equality, no matter who's equality, sadly you have a right to your opinions too, but your "facts" are wrong. You do not have a right to misrepresent the facts.
Dr Dolittle

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you could try pouring cold water on these penguins:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/denm...

Or perhaps you could try pouring cold water on these 1500 species of animals that have exhibited homosexual behavior:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/2...

Homophobia causes brain rot and we can see this clearly reflected in your ignorant posts defending your primitive hate based religious beliefs.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Dr Dolittle wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you could try pouring cold water on these penguins:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/denm...
Or perhaps you could try pouring cold water on these 1500 species of animals that have exhibited homosexual behavior:
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/2...
I find this ironic of the above. If someone against homosexuality and or gay marriage begins to make comparisons of this and that the prohomosexual/same sex marriage crowd lets loose in hysteria.
But, but as you have done which is quite commonly done by the prohomosexual crowd, you/they have no problems equating and comparing themselves to the actions of animals as a way to justify human homosexuality as 'normal' because animals also do it. See the irony? To defend homopsexual behavior you compare human homosexuality to animal behavior and you see nothing wrong in doing that lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I find this ironic of the above. If someone against homosexuality and or gay marriage begins to make comparisons of this and that the prohomosexual/same sex marriage crowd lets loose in hysteria.
But, but as you have done which is quite commonly done by the prohomosexual crowd, you/they have no problems equating and comparing themselves to the actions of animals as a way to justify human homosexuality as 'normal' because animals also do it. See the irony? To defend homopsexual behavior you compare human homosexuality to animal behavior and you see nothing wrong in doing that lol.
So then what are you basing "normal" on?

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then what are you basing "normal" on?
Apparently in his world humans are robots or something since we're not supposed to be part of the animal kingdom.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Love your avatar!

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••