Carlsbad women first gay couple from ...

Carlsbad women first gay couple from Eddy County to get NM marriage licenses

There are 155 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Aug 27, 2013, titled Carlsbad women first gay couple from Eddy County to get NM marriage licenses. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Submitted photo The Rev. Dave Rogers, left, poses for a photo with Megan Hicks, center, and Erica Ellis, after officiating their wedding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Lori

Hobbs, NM

#21 Aug 28, 2013
The Saint wrote:
I give this less than a year.
Bull lesbians like this beat the hell outta each other!
Some sort of power/control takes place.
Lots of domestic violence.
Karma's a bitch, and a comment like that will bring on a visit!
Lori

Hobbs, NM

#22 Aug 28, 2013
she reminds me wrote:
<quoted text>
And you call yourself a Christian? Judge not lest thou be judged
These people are not Christians at all, they just use Christianity to support their hatred. I'm sure that God will judge them as well!
The Saint

Houston, TX

#23 Aug 28, 2013
Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful. I use to live in a place called Walnut Creek in California , it has a very high concentration of gay people, and witnessed it for myself. Every weekend they would get drunk, and pound on each other down the street. Even the fruity dudes would make fun of them for it! Also after moving to Presidio heights the older Bull Lesbians had the police to their home at least once a month. It seems to be more prevalent with the more masculine types.
I'm not making fun.
Love

Artesia, NM

#24 Aug 28, 2013
Joe wrote:
So true that girl aint guna have jack in a few months speaking on a knowledge of it.... I know there are a few kids involved can you image the future they have to face.... They are already seeing the ineqaulties of a that woman.... Imagine the thoughts and judgemental comments they will see in the future... The innocent are always the first to suffer.... Poor kids. Is sickening to see such an impractical person try and be mommy, or a partner in life
Leave the kids out of it! If you don't like it then don't marry the same sex or even look at gay couples but you know what I know a lot of straight couples in Carlsbad that are worse parents and should not have their kids so why not worry about that and let these 2 live their lives together just as anyone else would want!
Super Christian

Carlsbad, NM

#25 Aug 28, 2013
Obviously all of you need to go re-read Leviticus and see that HOMOism is a SIN spelled out right there in black and white!! Go to the RIGHT church people and get a good dose of the TRUTH!!! HALLELUYA! These lesbo's are going to burn for eternity! HA! I've been a Christian since birth and I KNOW EXACTLY what is right or wrong!!! Go read your Bible People!!! I weep for this great nation and pray for the souls of those so flippin dadgum lost they think supporting homoism is good!!!
Lori

Hobbs, NM

#26 Aug 28, 2013
The Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Doubtful. I use to live in a place called Walnut Creek in California , it has a very high concentration of gay people, and witnessed it for myself. Every weekend they would get drunk, and pound on each other down the street. Even the fruity dudes would make fun of them for it! Also after moving to Presidio heights the older Bull Lesbians had the police to their home at least once a month. It seems to be more prevalent with the more masculine types.
I'm not making fun.
Sounds to me like you're stereotyping gay people with your labels.
Masculine types? Fruity dudes? Bull lesbians?
Remember, Karma's a bitch!
Lori

Hobbs, NM

#27 Aug 28, 2013
Super Christian wrote:
Obviously all of you need to go re-read Leviticus and see that HOMOism is a SIN spelled out right there in black and white!! Go to the RIGHT church people and get a good dose of the TRUTH!!! HALLELUYA! These lesbo's are going to burn for eternity! HA! I've been a Christian since birth and I KNOW EXACTLY what is right or wrong!!! Go read your Bible People!!! I weep for this great nation and pray for the souls of those so flippin dadgum lost they think supporting homoism is good!!!
You do realize that gays and lesbians have been around long before the bible was written and they'll be around long after religion is looked upon as myth and fable. Comments like yours are only turning educated Christians away from organized religion and more sympathetic toward gays and Lesbians.
LMAO

Artesia, NM

#28 Aug 28, 2013
I appreciate the comedy of this site and the comments attached! Wait... you're serious? How sophomoric. When you can't argue intelligently, attack the physical appearance. When you have no idea what's going on, keep talking. If your marriage is harmed by these women getting married, you already had problems. If your christian beliefs do not coincide with theirs, do not go to their church or listen to their pastor (or the ones who have blessed them outside of the marriage ceremony itself). The anonymity of this site allows for many childish and ugly comments to be made. Congratulations on keeping the credibility of this site at zero. More importantly, congratulations to the happy couple... may you have many years of blessed union.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#29 Aug 28, 2013
Joe wrote:
The one on the left looks just like my boys ex wife who has tried gettin back with him on 4 different occasions since their divorce from what I've gotten out of it. Even told me on one accation was in fact 4 days prior to this wedding or what have you.. Goes to show you how trusting one can be behind pass coded phones I'm sure.... Now lets wait and see the outburst of the first gay marriage divorce in carlsbad whoohoooo.... Since the argus publishes this as proper I bet it will not publish the ending of a gay marriage...
Are you talking about Scott? I knew she was a bed jumper.
Dumbpeople

Hobbs, NM

#30 Aug 28, 2013
Super Christian wrote:
You also sound like an inbred fucktard
The Saint

Houston, TX

#31 Aug 28, 2013
Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you're stereotyping gay people with your labels.
Masculine types? Fruity dudes? Bull lesbians?
Remember, Karma's a bitch!
I can pretty much guess you have never been around any gays!
They(gays) are pretty mean to each other, and funny too!
I have been called a Breeder, blood sucker,(In reference to oral sex) Hetero, chases split tails.
Maybe you are too sensitive?
cBad

Carlsbad, NM

#32 Aug 28, 2013
ellvis wrote:
sorry erica...but cant back you up here....i cannot condemn you or your partner....but the fact that you choose a lesbian lifestyle means that you turn your back on God....and his regulations....and for Dave Rogers to perform the ceremonies proves what ive believed all along....that he is not a true christian but a weed sown among the wheat....someone who misleads the flock that follows him and out of fear of man and convenience does what he does....sure Jesus said "he who is without sin cast the first stone" but then he told the prostitute that to go and sin no more....and the apostle paul as well as other bible writers under inspiration from the Christ and God the father condemned anykind of sex outside of marriage....this of course included homosexuality....by compromising christianity in this matter you give another foothold to Satan and his workings into undermining holiness which belongs to Gods people....sure im not and anyone else is not perfect so we should not cast stones....just tell it like it is....but as a man of the cloth and compromising on many things condemned in the bible you prove that you are only in it for the money.....i wish you would use some of it to buy you a new pair of shoes.....i would be embarrassed to have you ministering in those attrocious shoes you had on.....
This is the first time I've agreed with you ellvis.
Joe

Carlsbad, NM

#33 Aug 28, 2013
Has the countdown begun? I'm an excited individual to see what carlsbads first gay marriage ends up being! anyone with me on that? will it make the paper as well i doubt it very seriously!, give it 2 months to see the period plugging strings untie!! I'm a firm believer of the bible so anyone contesting my opinions is against the bibles homosexualuality beliefs... Go to church you congratulating idiots!!! Adam and Eve!! LOL sorry bro im just stickin up for my boy in a right way. What a fake woman the hicks chick!! And to the guy speaking of bulls and domestic violence awesome!!

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#35 Aug 28, 2013
Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
oh..so you think you know karma...you one dumb bittch.....karma is a ancient hindu pagan teaching....has not one thing to do with christianity ....in fact it is the exact polar opposite of Jesus teachings....Jesus taught love and relying on God to help you ....not on making your own fate which is a teaching that Satan taught Eve ....and of course many others....when you place your hope on pagan teachings and expectations instead of bringing them to Christ then you show which side of the fence you are on....not the one where Christ is sheltering you...which is what he promised he will do when you rely on him....not a pagan teaching like karma....we have a wonderful tool in modern times called google....try it sometime and maybe you wont look so foolish like all the other pagan influenced people who would rather place their beliefs and faith on evil teachings instead of the word of God....the bible...karma can visit me anytime...i have Gods protection so it just give me an other opportunity to prove the devil a liar....
orrrrly

Carlsbad, NM

#36 Aug 28, 2013
Do you decorate a Christmas tree every year? speaking of Pagan traditions and all....all you Christians and your double talk hypocrisy and bigotry continues to be amusing.
ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>oh..so you think you know karma...you one dumb bittch.....karma is a ancient hindu pagan teaching....has not one thing to do with christianity ....in fact it is the exact polar opposite of Jesus teachings....Jesus taught love and relying on God to help you ....not on making your own fate which is a teaching that Satan taught Eve ....and of course many others....when you place your hope on pagan teachings and expectations instead of bringing them to Christ then you show which side of the fence you are on....not the one where Christ is sheltering you...which is what he promised he will do when you rely on him....not a pagan teaching like karma....we have a wonderful tool in modern times called google....try it sometime and maybe you wont look so foolish like all the other pagan influenced people who would rather place their beliefs and faith on evil teachings instead of the word of God....the bible...karma can visit me anytime...i have Gods protection so it just give me an other opportunity to prove the devil a liar....
The Saint

Houston, TX

#38 Aug 29, 2013
Lickalotapus wrote:
Ah yes Megan. Keeps her first husband up all night bitching at him, and he falls asleep at the wheel on his way to work and loses his life. Marries a hard working man whom she has I think two more kids with. Then BAM, wakes up one day and decides she's a lesbian. She's an attention seeking drama queen who has never grown up. Oh. And. Wow. I guess to match her "partner," she has really let herself go. She's quite the tubby little troll now.
Oh yeah!
Like I said you are gonna see some knock down drag outs with these two!
Coming soon to a trailer park near you soon.
My money is on the one in the dress.
Hehehe!!!
Lickalotapus

Hobbs, NM

#39 Aug 29, 2013
I will absolutely love it when the day comes when she wakes up and thinks..."hmmmmmmm, I think I like sausage again." Did they get his and hers matching towels? Do the little ones call Erica dad?
The Saint

Houston, TX

#40 Aug 29, 2013
Lickalotapus wrote:
I will absolutely love it when the day comes when she wakes up and thinks..."hmmmmmmm, I think I like sausage again." Did they get his and hers matching towels? Do the little ones call Erica dad?
Could imagine the Hawgleg marital aid these two take to each other!?
Let me tell ya you wouldn't!
A regular type snausage ain't gonna cut it anymore brother!
Hahaha!!!!
Ok, I'm done....
Inside

Hobbs, NM

#41 Aug 29, 2013
Did you hear about the girl meg fired who was watching her son? Her son got into some of hicks pills, took them, and she accused the girl that baby says him of drugging the little boy. Over some Benadryl missing is what I have heard . Sad sad woman. She needs help .
Fronds

Hobbs, NM

#42 Aug 29, 2013
Yeah I heard about that, Megan has told so many people about it.. I don't think that poor girl will ever be able to babysit again . Megan trashed her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Tre H 6,955
News Anti-Gay Church Protests Brookfield 'Mega Church' (Jul '12) 7 hr fuuny 21
News Space ship found in ice, Hillary's boozing, and... 23 hr Tex- 18
News Anti-gay marriage fight costs Kentucky at least... Sun One 17
News Thousands dance through Berlin to promote gay a... Sun non homo pheobie 11
News New pastor wants to 'draw the circle wider' aro... Sat do Tell 1
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) Sat General Kabaka Oba 52,056
More from around the web