Carlsbad women first gay couple from Eddy County to get NM marriage licenses

Aug 27, 2013 Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus 155

Submitted photo The Rev. Dave Rogers, left, poses for a photo with Megan Hicks, center, and Erica Ellis, after officiating their wedding.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Lori

Hobbs, NM

#1 Aug 27, 2013
Congrats! This is wonderful and a step forward for New mexico and Carlsbad!
BlessedBe

Artesia, NM

#2 Aug 27, 2013
Congratulations and many blessing for a wonderful future together.
really

Hobbs, NM

#3 Aug 27, 2013
Great news! Carlsbad's finally coming into the real world. Congratulations!
MrGarrison

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Aug 27, 2013
http://youtu.be/zS0srpFJl2o

oh scissor me timbers!
lesbiahonest this isn't news.
cBad

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Aug 27, 2013
Congratulations!!! This is a step back for Carlsbad, New Mexico and the whole US. If you want to be together then do it. You shouldn't have to post a news story about it. That is my main problem with gays is they think they need to force their beliefs down our throats.
Oil wrestling

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Aug 27, 2013
Yeehaw! Now let's repeal any laws that won't let hot chicks walk around topless...or in the nude!!!!!!
You sir are an idiot

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Aug 27, 2013
Nobody's forcing anything, they just want to be afforded the same rights as straight people. They deserve to be miserably married just like us straight folks! Lol

In short, if you don't like gay marriage, don't marry someone of your same sex. In the mean time, let everyone else decide who they want to love and marry and stay out of it.
Joe

Hobbs, NM

#8 Aug 27, 2013
The one on the left looks just like my boys ex wife who has tried gettin back with him on 4 different occasions since their divorce from what I've gotten out of it. Even told me on one accation was in fact 4 days prior to this wedding or what have you.. Goes to show you how trusting one can be behind pass coded phones I'm sure.... Now lets wait and see the outburst of the first gay marriage divorce in carlsbad whoohoooo.... Since the argus publishes this as proper I bet it will not publish the ending of a gay marriage...
norris

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Aug 27, 2013
You sir are an idiot wrote:
Nobody's forcing anything, they just want to be afforded the same rights as straight people. They deserve to be miserably married just like us straight folks! Lol
In short, if you don't like gay marriage, don't marry someone of your same sex. In the mean time, let everyone else decide who they want to love and marry and stay out of it.
now they can pay more tax then 2 singles because of the marriage penalty
Benefits my ass

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Aug 27, 2013
sorry erica...but cant back you up here....i cannot condemn you or your partner....but the fact that you choose a lesbian lifestyle means that you turn your back on God....and his regulations....and for Dave Rogers to perform the ceremonies proves what ive believed all along....that he is not a true christian but a weed sown among the wheat....someone who misleads the flock that follows him and out of fear of man and convenience does what he does....sure Jesus said "he who is without sin cast the first stone" but then he told the prostitute that to go and sin no more....and the apostle paul as well as other bible writers under inspiration from the Christ and God the father condemned anykind of sex outside of marriage....this of course included homosexuality....by compromising christianity in this matter you give another foothold to Satan and his workings into undermining holiness which belongs to Gods people....sure im not and anyone else is not perfect so we should not cast stones....just tell it like it is....but as a man of the cloth and compromising on many things condemned in the bible you prove that you are only in it for the money.....i wish you would use some of it to buy you a new pair of shoes.....i would be embarrassed to have you ministering in those attrocious shoes you had on.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Joe

Hobbs, NM

#11 Aug 27, 2013
They both shoulda wore pants judging the looks. And totally agree with u on Dave. More than likely only Christian on the weekends..
Duck Commander

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Aug 27, 2013
Lesbian, gay, man on dog, pig on hog, ungodly,
Satan worship, whatever, but one thing is for
sure - those shoes have to go! Lord have Mercy!
Sweet Jesus!
The Saint

Houston, TX

#13 Aug 27, 2013
I give this less than a year.
Bull lesbians like this beat the hell outta each other!
Some sort of power/control takes place.
Lots of domestic violence.
dbew42

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Aug 27, 2013
Yea, those were some ugly shoes alright.
Joe

Hobbs, NM

#15 Aug 27, 2013
Talking about shoes.. Did u exactly take a look at the one on the right. My god is it a future drag queen maybe or do I need to get my eyes checked. Sorta makes me want to slap my boy for losing his wife to that whatever u call it. And again both should have wore pants as I see the legs.... Looks like shreks wife Fiona in a white form... And pastor should be put in ICP.. ( in church suspension) like a kid in ISS in school..
throwedc

Hobbs, NM

#16 Aug 27, 2013
ellvis wrote:
sorry erica...but cant back you up here....i cannot condemn you or your partner....but the fact that you choose a lesbian lifestyle means that you turn your back on God....and his regulations....and for Dave Rogers to perform the ceremonies proves what ive believed all along....that he is not a true christian but a weed sown among the wheat....someone who misleads the flock that follows him and out of fear of man and convenience does what he does....sure Jesus said "he who is without sin cast the first stone" but then he told the prostitute that to go and sin no more....and the apostle paul as well as other bible writers under inspiration from the Christ and God the father condemned anykind of sex outside of marriage....this of course included homosexuality....by compromising christianity in this matter you give another foothold to Satan and his workings into undermining holiness which belongs to Gods people....sure im not and anyone else is not perfect so we should not cast stones....just tell it like it is....but as a man of the cloth and compromising on many things condemned in the bible you prove that you are only in it for the money.....i wish you would use some of it to buy you a new pair of shoes.....i would be embarrassed to have you ministering in those attrocious shoes you had on.....
COULD NOT have said this better myself! i am so highly disspointed that he can even be referred to as a "minister" so sad! and as for these two idiots.....i would HATE to be that paralegal once the marriage goes sour....geesh talk about a nasty firing......:/
Joe

Hobbs, NM

#17 Aug 27, 2013
So true that girl aint guna have jack in a few months speaking on a knowledge of it.... I know there are a few kids involved can you image the future they have to face.... They are already seeing the ineqaulties of a that woman.... Imagine the thoughts and judgemental comments they will see in the future... The innocent are always the first to suffer.... Poor kids. Is sickening to see such an impractical person try and be mommy, or a partner in life
she reminds me

Hobbs, NM

#18 Aug 27, 2013
throwedc wrote:
<quoted text>
COULD NOT have said this better myself! i am so highly disspointed that he can even be referred to as a "minister" so sad! and as for these two idiots.....i would HATE to be that paralegal once the marriage goes sour....geesh talk about a nasty firing......:/
And you call yourself a Christian? Judge not lest thou be judged
hmmmmm

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Aug 28, 2013
hear another gay couple got married on tuesday
really

Hobbs, NM

#20 Aug 28, 2013
ellvis wrote:
What an ignorant thing to say, then again you're a mexican! Dumbass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 23 min wichita-rick 17
Young, Evangelical, and Pro-GayBy Gene Robinson 1 hr Mitt s Airtight D... 1
Southern Governor Fights Same-Sex Marriage - An... 1 hr Delbert 11
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 1 hr Garry Ackerman 52
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 1 hr nhjeff 20
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr mahz 49,895
Thousands attend first Coal Country Go Tell Cru... 3 hr FearDevil 1
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE