'Marriage between different races not...

'Marriage between different races not good'

There are 91 comments on the Iol.co.za story from Sep 22, 2013, titled 'Marriage between different races not good'. In it, Iol.co.za reports that:

The SA Human Rights Commission is investigating a Seventh-Day Adventist pastor who allegedly refused to marry a white woman and coloured man, the Sunday Times reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Iol.co.za.

JOSH

Seattle, WA

#49 Sep 29, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only replying to Gabriela's statement about race having a role in the bible. She stated that race isn't mentioned in the bible and this is clearly incorrect. Not sure why the others hadn't picked up on that already, but the half dozen verses I quoted show that race/ethnicity is highlighted prominently in the old testament.
I have zero interest in wading into the complex issues that others have with people's ethnicity. Being christian or not, we are all the same. Beliefs/philosophies make us no different in biological or evolutionary terms than being of one ethnicity or another. So, I agree with you, but would take it one step further to include all members of the human species.
Let's wade through this since you brought it up.

N.T.-There is only ONE marriage relationship in which is forbidden by God-God's people are forbidden to marry those who do not believe. 2 Corn.6 1 Corn.7;39.They can't find true happiness with a unbeliever-their spiritual growth will be hampered.
Cornith was a very cosmopolitan city.The church there was made up of Jews gentiles and many races.So it's very significant, that it was to the church at Corinth that was the instruction.Race was NOT mentioned.

Old testament-God forbid it because of religion reason not race.If they intermarried it may have caused them to go after falsehoods.

BTW that's pretty crappy you mistreated and harassed her before like that! What's your problem?
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#50 Sep 29, 2013
JOSH wrote:
<quoted text>Let's wade through this since you brought it up.
N.T.-There is only ONE marriage relationship in which is forbidden by God-God's people are forbidden to marry those who do not believe. 2 Corn.6 1 Corn.7;39.They can't find true happiness with a unbeliever-their spiritual growth will be hampered.
Cornith was a very cosmopolitan city.The church there was made up of Jews gentiles and many races.So it's very significant, that it was to the church at Corinth that was the instruction.Race was NOT mentioned.
Old testament-God forbid it because of religion reason not race.If they intermarried it may have caused them to go after falsehoods.
I don't disagree with your point. It is actually another correction to Gab's statement. Race/ethnicity is absolutely addressed in the bible, old and new testament. Your interpretation is a good one.
BTW that's pretty crappy you mistreated and harassed her before like that! What's your problem?
BTW that's crappy that you would get taken hook-line-and-sinker by someone's one-sided assertion, but whatever. I guess most folks are too lazy to try to do a little digging to find out the truth of the matter. That's your problem though.

You'll believe anything it looks like. If you had asked me I'd show the very 1st post Lori ever wrote to me. She calls me a cockroach. It's not a very christian thing to do from what I understand. Now if I ignore her like I've been doing for months she pretends she's a victim and makes a point to say "I'm not posting here anymore because BF is posting." It's all very, very odd behavior. Did I mention I've been on this forum for 5 years? I guess lori arrived 10 months ago but keeps trying to tell people like me that I can't post here. Again, very, very odd behavior. Maybe we should talk about lori's friend 'pioneer israt'(is his current name) and how lori refuses to condemn his idea about killing the children of atheists and children with terminal diseases? It's seems very unchristian, but you tell me, Josh.

I'm happy to have a chat with you, but if you're gonna pretend you've been around and know who's who without actually being around or knowing any of us, then have a good one. There are a bunch of strange characters here (maybe you're one too. can't tell yet). You may want to reserve judgement til you've read a little more...

“Adonai YHWH Jesus Saves!”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#52 Sep 29, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with your point. It is actually another correction to Gab's statement. Race/ethnicity is absolutely addressed in the bible, old and new testament. Your interpretation is a good one.
<quoted text>
BTW that's crappy that you would get taken hook-line-and-sinker by someone's one-sided assertion, but whatever. I guess most folks are too lazy to try to do a little digging to find out the truth of the matter. That's your problem though.
You'll believe anything it looks like. If you had asked me I'd show the very 1st post Lori ever wrote to me. She calls me a cockroach. It's not a very christian thing to do from what I understand. Now if I ignore her like I've been doing for months she pretends she's a victim and makes a point to say "I'm not posting here anymore because BF is posting." It's all very, very odd behavior. Did I mention I've been on this forum for 5 years? I guess lori arrived 10 months ago but keeps trying to tell people like me that I can't post here. Again, very, very odd behavior. Maybe we should talk about lori's friend 'pioneer israt'(is his current name) and how lori refuses to condemn his idea about killing the children of atheists and children with terminal diseases? It's seems very unchristian, but you tell me, Josh.
I'm happy to have a chat with you, but if you're gonna pretend you've been around and know who's who without actually being around or knowing any of us, then have a good one. There are a bunch of strange characters here (maybe you're one too. can't tell yet). You may want to reserve judgement til you've read a little more...
You are the number one strange character here.Your lies are disgusting,how many things did you call me BF? You forget right?? Your posts were deleted because you were so horrible to me!

You just talked to me a week ago or so ago BF,not "several" months ago .....remember!!??
I am no longer posting on your stupid degrading "evolution" "atheists" threads!

I have posted on two other threads this past week and you seem to be following me..Are you stalking me or something???

And quit saying that Brampton is my friend..I have no control over what he says?? Stop your nonsense,just stop!

#53 Sep 29, 2013
Correction-unquote-"sever al".

One more thing that "cockroach" thing was not directed towards any particular person..You have no problem being called an Ape..Just cant let it go can you?
I am sorry BF or whatever your name is,and I've told you that before,where is my apology???!

You have absolutely no place to correct Christians when you are an atheist and a hateful one at that!You have blasphemed the Lord God Many times and the scriptures!
Rambeaux

Malvern, PA

#54 Sep 29, 2013
If it was simply a matter of different skin colors,there would be no problem. But it usually means a clash of cultures, and there's the rub.
JOSH

Seattle, WA

#55 Sep 29, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
She seems like a very passionate,sincere,down to earth woman.She has some resentment towards you for sure,but perhaps deserved.

It's looks like she has apologized for whatever misunderstanding happened,can't you be fair and do likewise,? She says you blasphemed God and that is a serious offense, being a atheist you may or may not realize the seriousness of that?//

Back to topic-Glad you appreciated the interpretation.
JOSH

Seattle, WA

#56 Sep 29, 2013
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>You are the number one strange character here.Your lies are disgusting,how many things did you call me BF? You forget right?? Your posts were deleted because you were so horrible to me!
You just talked to me a week ago or so ago BF,not "several" months ago .....remember!!??
I am no longer posting on your stupid degrading "evolution" "atheists" threads!
I have posted on two other threads this past week and you seem to be following me..Are you stalking me or something???
And quit saying that Brampton is my friend..I have no control over what he says?? Stop your nonsense,just stop!
Lori,as I stated to your Arch enemy Blind faith,you seem like a sincere passionate lady,remember what Jesus said in 5:44,"But I tell you,love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

:)
Pioneer Isarat

Brampton, Canada

#57 Sep 29, 2013
Lori norskigirl wrote:
Correction-unquote-"sever al".
One more thing that "cockroach" thing was not directed towards any particular person..You have no problem being called an Ape..Just cant let it go can you?
I am sorry BF or whatever your name is,and I've told you that before,where is my apology???!
You have absolutely no place to correct Christians when you are an atheist and a hateful one at that!You have blasphemed the Lord God Many times and the scriptures!
Lori, don't worry with that renegade nomad, BF. He's partially blind to the truth. Let's look at the evidence. He says I said something about killing babies. That's not true as you well know. It was Pope Francis who suggested to Olasson that perhaps euthanasia was in order for suffering atheists since to them, life was just a meaningless random occurrence. Why should they suffer when they can choose to disappear, according to their own beliefs. They say plainly they are monkeys and when they die, that's it for them. Now that cockroach is playing the victim, declaring hurt feelings. What a joke!

He still hasn't addressed the issue of his magic rock and given scientific evidence of how it grew a tail.

#61 Sep 30, 2013
JOSH wrote:
<quoted text>Lori,as I stated to your Arch enemy Blind faith,you seem like a sincere passionate lady,remember what Jesus said in 5:44,"But I tell you,love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
:)
Yes,I know what Matt.5:44 says..Thank you for your comforting and nice words.I have done nothing wrong to him,but he continues to falsely accuse me of things that are not true....
I'm getting tired of it he just continues to make up more lies.I've been here for 1 1/2 years not 10 months,like he said,just another lie on his part and making up stories.

Take Care
=)

#62 Sep 30, 2013
Josh,One more thing if I may,you can asked handfuls of Christians on here how he (BF) is...He is rude,mean and nasty to all of us,it's not just me.
His reputation certainly follows him!
I will just not tolerate his overbearing harassment any longer.He tends to take advantage of/harass women more then men though.
JOSH

Puyallup, WA

#63 Sep 30, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Josh, if we wanted a mediator we would have asked for one. Thanks, but maybe you should try to get to know folks before playing peace-maker, pal.
I'm reading you write a lot of "looks like" and "seems like". Can I come butt into to some of your business without having a clue about the business, too? It looks like such fun and, the way you're going about it, it looks like a great chance for a person to make themselves look foolish.
I'll leave you with the child-euthanizers to play. Have a blast.
I'm going to have to believe the lady,I doubt very seriously that she would condone such sadistic acts.

Listen "pal",I look down on men that mistreat women,it becomes my business instantly.I reckon you owe her a apology, why be spineless about it?
JOSH

Puyallup, WA

#64 Sep 30, 2013
Blind,The point she made about your blaspheme was enough for me to see what kind of a bad egg you are.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#65 Sep 30, 2013
JOSH wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to have to believe the lady,I doubt very seriously that she would condone such sadistic acts.
Listen "pal",I look down on men that mistreat women,it becomes my business instantly.I reckon you owe her a apology, why be spineless about it?
Believe what you will. Pass judgement without knowing the facts if you are too lazy to be bothered. It's your book that says this is wrong.

The thing is that you don't have to rely on *belief* if you have evidence.

Here's the page where lori's friend from Brampton, Canada states that he'd like to euthanize another posters nephew that is sadly losing his sight at a very young age. The entire forum shunned the guy for a while and he's still an outcast even though he posts regularly to lori.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d...

The only one that would not state that his statements were disgusting was lori. The reason she gives: "He was always nice to me."

The same guy implies he'd like to rape another poster's 13 year old daughter. Again, lori is the only one that will not condemn his statements because "He was always nice to me."

You two are probably perfect for each other now that you've shown your willingness to believe anything that doesn't conflict with your preconceived views, josh. It's sad that in this day people will rely on hearsay to pass judgement, but *never* bother to even look at the evidence that is a button-click away.

Lazy minds make rotten people, but that's what you've chosen for yourself, josh. I hope you're never convicted of a crime you didn't commit, only to have people such as yourself sitting on the jury. Oh, then you'd like a little objectivity, I bet.

Enjoy your fairy-tales, kiddies. The real-world awaits the rest of us. Come and join if you can ever grow your own minds. Until then, its safer if we can monitor your behavior right here where there aren't any sharp objects.

Oh, you mentioned I blasphemed the supernatural being you've chosen to believe in? But, you have no problem breaking the rules yourself in passing judgement? Hmm. Hypocrite much? Toodles.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#66 Sep 30, 2013
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>You are hateful and evil and a liar!~are you human at all?? I would never be for such a evil thing and I am against abortion which I consider to be killing children also,and I'm sure you are for it right?? So that makes you a murderer! Go get some help sicko and repent!
A murderer?? What kind of drugs are you smoking, lori? Take your continued false statements and abusive language toward me and get some help, for Pete's sake.

What is wrong with you? You must have completely lost your mind. First, I've never shared my opinions on abortion with you or anyone else here. Second, I've never been part of anyone's having an abortion. Third, I work to *feed* the sick and hungry, not murder them.

Why can't you just stop with the lies? I've made statements that can **all** be backed up with posts from *this* forum. You've chosen to make up the worst kind of lies imaginable.

If your god is real, surely you will burn for the completely insane, abusive, slanderous statements you continue to make about me.

Show us all, lori, where I've condoned abortion or the murder of children.

You've completely lost it this time, lori. There is no returning from the pit of lies you've dug for yourself. With your continued lies and false accusations, you've blasphemed your god and truly shown that you are a 'christian' in name only.

I may not believe as you folks do, but I would never, EVER accuse someone of MURDER without some sort of evidence.

I'm writing to topix to get your posts removed. Shame on you, lori.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#67 Sep 30, 2013
I've asked topix to remove lori's libelous post for her protection and mine. Libel is serious and carries very real legal ramifications. I don't want to see her get in trouble, but I refuse to allow such a hurtful and false statement to remain in public.

As I already stated, each of my points from earlier can be linked to statements from other threads. I have evidence to back up my statements. Every single one can be backed up with evidence.

If you folks think that disagreeing about religious views gives any of you license to commit crimes like libel, then you had better investigate the facts first. People get sued and people go to jail for making these types of posts.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Lori, you've crossed a very bright line established by legal language, where we both reside. I suggest you take a step back and think about your next move. You are way, way out of line.

Josh, I'm not sure what role you play in this, but I'm advising you to be careful as well.

#68 Sep 30, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
I've asked topix to remove lori's libelous post for her protection and mine. Libel is serious and carries very real legal ramifications. I don't want to see her get in trouble, but I refuse to allow such a hurtful and false statement to remain in public.
As I already stated, each of my points from earlier can be linked to statements from other threads. I have evidence to back up my statements. Every single one can be backed up with evidence.
If you folks think that disagreeing about religious views gives any of you license to commit crimes like libel, then you had better investigate the facts first. People get sued and people go to jail for making these types of posts.
Lori, you've crossed a very bright line established by legal language, where we both reside. I suggest you take a step back and think about your next move. You are way, way out of line.
Josh, I'm not sure what role you play in this, but I'm advising you to be careful as well.
Abortion is murder! You have slandered me so many times by saying I condone the euthanize of children! You are are sickening!You have no idea how badly you have hurt me! I have miscarried a couple of babies,and I almost died!I am sobbing so badly right now I can barely type..
For you to say those things to me,there are no words to describe the heartless person you are! Don't EVER talk to me again,UNLESS IT'S A APOLOGY!
JOSH

Seattle, WA

#69 Sep 30, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you will. Pass judgement without knowing the facts if you are too lazy to be bothered. It's your book that says this is wrong.
The thing is that you don't have to rely on *belief* if you have evidence.
Here's the page where lori's friend from Brampton, Canada states that he'd like to euthanize another posters nephew that is sadly losing his sight at a very young age. The entire forum shunned the guy for a while and he's still an outcast even though he posts regularly to lori.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d...
The only one that would not state that his statements were disgusting was lori. The reason she gives: "He was always nice to me."
The same guy implies he'd like to rape another poster's 13 year old daughter. Again, lori is the only one that will not condemn his statements because "He was always nice to me."
You two are probably perfect for each other now that you've shown your willingness to believe anything that doesn't conflict with your preconceived views, josh. It's sad that in this day people will rely on hearsay to pass judgement, but *never* bother to even look at the evidence that is a button-click away.
Lazy minds make rotten people, but that's what you've chosen for yourself, josh. I hope you're never convicted of a crime you didn't commit, only to have people such as yourself sitting on the jury. Oh, then you'd like a little objectivity, I bet.
Enjoy your fairy-tales, kiddies. The real-world awaits the rest of us. Come and join if you can ever grow your own minds. Until then, its safer if we can monitor your behavior right here where there aren't any sharp objects.
Oh, you mentioned I blasphemed the supernatural being you've chosen to believe in? But, you have no problem breaking the rules yourself in passing judgement? Hmm. Hypocrite much? Toodles.
What the hell are you talking about?? We are not even talking about him we are talking about her! I read her posts it looks to me like she is more of a sweetheart then I first thought!All of her posts are very nice,she's done nothing wrong!
Get a back bone boy!
JOSH

Seattle, WA

#70 Sep 30, 2013
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion is murder! You have slandered me so many times by saying I condone the euthanize of children! You are are sickening!You have no idea how badly you have hurt me! I have miscarried a couple of babies,and I almost died!I am sobbing so badly right now I can barely type..
For you to say those things to me,there are no words to describe the heartless person you are! Don't EVER talk to me again,UNLESS IT'S A APOLOGY!
Oh Lori,I'm so sorry to hear that,that's sad,I hope you are doing o.k?
JOSH

Seattle, WA

#71 Sep 30, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
Come on dude,this is getting way out of hand,she did'nt mean it like that.She's crying and stuff.Everybody just needs to mellow out.You are not innocent in this.
JOSH

Bellevue, WA

#72 Sep 30, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
Like I said, Pioneer Israt(pope francis) and Lori are all for killing children if their parents aren't all the same faith as these two knuckleheads.
It's a very sick world that you folks have created. What kind of dishonesty allows you to condone such terrible behavior and then to simply cloak yourselves in christianity to pretend that makes it ok?
So very jesus-like...
Hey,in this post you are accusing Lori of being all for killing children,I'm sure this post could easily be reported! You have crossed the line here yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 21 min cpeter1313 10,097
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 27 min EdmondWA 105
News Same-sex marriage protesters clash - exchange v... 1 hr Malcom 3
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 6 hr EdmondWA 56
News Free weddings for all same-sex couples: mayor's... 8 hr Wondering 5
News Worker fired for same sex 'No' vote hits out Fri Wondering 24
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... Fri WB and hell bound 36
More from around the web