Puerto Rico slowly warms to more gay rights

Mar 2, 2013 Full story: Bellingham Herald 88

In this Feb. 18, 2013 photo, demonstrators stand outside the capitol building during a "Puerto Rico Rises" rally to protest any move to legalize same-sex marriage in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Full Story
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#22 Mar 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husband is an American from Puerto Rico but you met "lots" of Puerto Ricans?????
...and you're still going strong?????
while meeting some small, large, extra large...????
These two messages are as contradictory as the article itself.
You're married but at the same time sleeping around?
Jorge; one doesn't have to 'sleep' with a 'rican to detect they are giants among men
They can't hide it
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#23 Mar 3, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Jorge; one doesn't have to 'sleep' with a 'rican to detect they are giants among men
They can't hide it
Hey there, Rainbow kid;

Long time haven't "heard" from you. Have to "drop by" the Gay forum, once in a while.

BTW, this topic is posted in the Puerto Rico forum, as well (which explains the reason I "jumped" all over some Argentinian complaining about gay life here, in the islands.

The "thing" with this David fella' is that his insults come all nicely wrapped up with generalizations (but, still..insults are insults).

LOL, he thinks that I was "bragging", as if "THAT" were some sort of asset or something.

Hey, if you don't know what to do with "it"...might as well...(eyewink).

Ask any Chinese or Japanese.

Masters at the art, and still....LOL

Tons of hugs and best wishes, always!
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#24 Mar 3, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fix your own country and then we'll talk about mine (the big, ol' USA)."
David left the USA for Argentina years ago.
No one seems to miss him.
He left years ago???

LOL

What in heck happen to this guy in our country? I insist ICE caught put him back on the next plane to Argentina.

He still holds a grudge.

Allegedly, he had a "grand time" here in Puerto Rico, USA (where according to him, all the men sleep around but are hypocrites), got a Puerto Rican husband and is still bitchin' about us (from there).

Who the he ll cares if someone's honest or a hypocrite, especially after a good laid?

Who cares? Who cares?

After a good laid, a person has to drop on its knees and give thanks to God for being alive and allowing us to enjoy another person's body.

And then he goes on and tries to sell that he's "happily married".

If he got "married", it must have been in Buenos Aires.

And why did he marry, in the first place?

The guy's married and still bitchin' and whining about life as a bachelor.

Give us a break!

Some people are never satisfied with anything.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#26 Mar 3, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fix your own country and then we'll talk about mine (the big, ol' USA)."
David left the USA for Argentina years ago.
No one seems to miss him.
You try leaving El Segundo and see what happens ..
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#27 Mar 3, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>You try leaving El Segundo and see what happens ..
Latin Americans are always bitchin' about the US; yet 99% want to immigrate here.

I insist, someone gave you up to "la migra", for you're still bitter and angry (that what happens when you're here, in our country, illegally-with an expired tourist visa).

We, Puerto Ricans, much unlike our White and Black Anglo fellow Americans, know you, Latin Americans guys (for we share the same Hispanic blood and heritage).

So go f_ck yourself and stop bitchin' in a US forum.

Do it in an Argentinian one, if you're so lucky to have one.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#28 Mar 3, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>No ; my husband is Puertorican and , after many years , we're still going strong .. He likes it here .. We both hate anything that smacks of nationalism ; which is nothing else but " loving " your country and hating every other .. Ignoramus stuff ..
Ohh.. A Rico esposo? LUCKY you! Give him a big basura for me.

Palm Springs, California

#29 Mar 3, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>You try leaving El Segundo and see what happens ..
It's ironic, El Segundo, or El Stinko as locals call it, due to its smelly Chevron plant and LA Airport a mile away, and he has that easy access to the world and still stays in that living hell. Sad little man.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#30 Mar 3, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It's ironic, El Segundo, or El Stinko as locals call it, due to its smelly Chevron plant and LA Airport a mile away, and he has that easy access to the world and still stays in that living hell. Sad little man.
Ironically, CurlyCheeze is not only heterophobic, he is also geophobic. He hates everywhere.

Palm Springs, California

#31 Mar 3, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, CurlyCheeze is not only heterophobic, he is also geophobic. He hates everywhere.
Nope, I grew up in Redondo Beach and loved it. I peddled my bike up and down the entire beach Stand hundreds of times in the summer and sometimes in the winter, if weather was good.

I loved Hermosa Beach, I loved Manhattan Beach, I liked Torrance, I liked Playa Del Rey, and even Westchester was OK. I only recall, when I was young, while driving north on Sepulveda, that when cars weren't universally air conditioned like today, we had to roll our windows up anywhere north of Rosecrans, and couldn't open them again till we hit the tunnel under LAX.

I've been out of the South Bay for 10 years now. Maybe El Stinko has improved, maybe. All I know that in my day it was where the poor lived to grab a bit of the beach life, despite the stench.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#32 Mar 3, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Ohh.. A Rico esposo? LUCKY you! Give him a big basura for me.
I will .. He IS beautiful .. Best
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#33 Mar 3, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>I will .. He IS beautiful .. Best
You're the one complaining about Puerto Ricans (being hypocrites, and whatever)....

Make up your mind.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#34 Mar 3, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>I will .. He IS beautiful .. Best
You, people, still haven't found the funds for an urban train for Córdoba (after all these years?).

And that is the least of your problems, so...try fixing your own problems first (you won't find time to bitch about anyone else's).
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#35 Mar 3, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't know the half of what David (and that poor Puerto Rican hubby of his) are going thru hours away from B. Aires (the only city worth living in Argentina).

And if they really live in La Falda (much worse), a 15,000 town 70 km from the province's capital (and I bet, as homophobic and mentally backwards as any small Latin American town).

The guy got deported, if you ask me.

Is the only way to switch La Falda (????) for one of the world's largest economies, California (and LAX's in particular).
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#36 Mar 3, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>...
I've been out of the South Bay for 10 years now. Maybe El Stinko has improved, maybe. All I know that in my day it was where the poor lived to grab a bit of the beach life, despite the stench.
I bet if you give David the choice of living anywhere in Los Angeles, we'll all be amazed at the speed he'll leave La Falda (Córdoba and even Argentina, for all it matters). His patriotic love would be toilet flushed down in Ezeiza...LOL

Palm Springs, California

#37 Mar 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet if you give David the choice of living anywhere in Los Angeles, we'll all be amazed at the speed he'll leave La Falda (Córdoba and even Argentina, for all it matters). His patriotic love would be toilet flushed down in Ezeiza...LOL
Why all the dolores? David's hooked up with a Rico...what more could he ask for? A BLANCO? I know since I am, that they can be as boring as white bread. Not ME, but other blancos suenos.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#38 Mar 3, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text> A BLANCO? I know since I am, that they can be as boring as white bread. Not ME, but other blancos suenos.
Oh! you Californians...LOL

Still to learn the difference between "a race" and "a culture"....LOL

This is too funny!

Palm Springs, California

#39 Mar 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! you Californians...LOL
Still to learn the difference between "a race" and "a culture"....LOL
This is too funny!
I'm white...I freely admit my race and my culture. It is impossible to separate them. Why do you try?
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#40 Mar 3, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I'm white...I freely admit my race and my culture. It is impossible to separate them. Why do you try?
Which is your race and which is your culture?

If "white" is your culture, so much for an Anglo or Hispanic culture)....

If "white" is your race, then so much for skin pigmentation...

These differences are "things" you learn in grade school (for crying out loud).

Otherwise, I rest my case.

There's some other personal agenda which I really need to be spared and can care less.

Palm Springs, California

#41 Mar 4, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>

Otherwise, I rest my case.

Thank the LORD. Now maybe you'll shut up about it.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#42 Mar 4, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Thank the LORD. Now maybe you'll shut up about it.
It has nothing to do with people like you.

...and a lot to do with my choice of discussing racial and LGBTT matters only with Americans of Puerto Rican ancestry.

So, find someone else with enough patience to care and take up the challenge to improve your unfinished and poor basic education and lack of cultural skills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min Boy G 50,583
Open and shut 37 min Ace Macmillan 5
Gay marriage news: NC magistrate won't marry co... 49 min Jonah1 166
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 14
Catholic bishops drop moves to accept gays 1 hr Christsharian Law 32
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr RevKen 25,270
Pat Robertson Tells Bigoted Idaho Wedding Chape... 3 hr Smack Down 1

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE