Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in ...

Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?

There are 1177 comments on the The Marion Star story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Is 2014 the year for gay marriage in Ohio?. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Robert Johnson-Keeton grew up in a religious community just outside Chillicothe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#126 Mar 17, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no problem paying for their expensive medical bills when they get HIV too, huh?
Allowing marriage would not change who pays. It could reduce the incidence however, since it encourages fidelity and discourages promiscuity, which is the REAL reason for the spread of the disease.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#127 Mar 17, 2014
Pam wrote:
No.
God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
One pair has children the other pair has diseases like aids, gonorrhea from cruising in public showers and bath houses and extreme promiscuity.
That's right Pam.

According to my Bible, Homosexuality is a work of the flesh - like adultery.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest which are these: adultery, fornication, unclean sexual acts, lasciviousness.

Unclean sex would include homosexuality, bestiality, incest and polygamy which are all contrary to the Word of GOD.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#128 Mar 17, 2014
Attention all stupid people spending millions of dollars on a lost campaign.

Ohio has an amendment to the constitution that defines marriage, and was voted on by the people.

using the word MARRIAGE is 100% political.

if your desire is to form a partnership with a person not described in Ohio's marriage amendment, then seeking an Attorney to set up power of attorneys and a legal partnership is immediate solve to your issue.

Remember when screaming about rights that everybody has the same set of them......you are screaming about a right nobody else has either.

If we are determined to re-define marriage, then Divorce needs re-defined as well.

New definition of divorce is, aborting wife from your life.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Planet Earth

#129 Mar 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
Ohio has an amendment to the constitution that defines marriage, and was voted on by the people.
Texas had the same amendment. It was ruled unconstitutional 3 weeks ago.
Moral Truth

Washington, DC

#130 Mar 17, 2014
Basta wrote:
<quoted text>And I bet you'd have no problems with paying the medical bills for a straight person with AID's now would you ? H.I.V. is a disease that affects all humans whether gay or straight ! Besides your obviously bigoted post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread ! Are you aware that "World" wide the vast majority of AID's cases are of a heterosexual nature,see Africa ! Fact is you're to stupid to realize that you've lost the war on marriage equality and it's coming to your state soon ! You don't have to like it but you will have to live with it !
There's a reason why Queers can't donate blood! Because they're disease infested.
Moral Truth

Washington, DC

#131 Mar 17, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>Allowing marriage would not change who pays. It could reduce the incidence however, since it encourages fidelity and discourages promiscuity, which is the REAL reason for the spread of the disease.
You Queers don't know how to stick with one d!ck.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#132 Mar 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
So, attention taxpayers of Ohio?
Reality Speaks wrote:
using the word MARRIAGE is 100% political.
Tell me,
1. Is marriage a fundamental right?(This is a trick question)
2. Can fundamental rights be voted upon?
3. Can you indicate a compelling governmental interest served by limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman that would render such a restriction (and by extension the Ohio Amendment) to be Constitutional?
Reality Speaks wrote:
if your desire is to form a partnership with a person not described in Ohio's marriage amendment, then seeking an Attorney to set up power of attorneys and a legal partnership is immediate solve to your issue.
That is not equal protection under the law as mandated by the 14th Amendment.
Reality Speaks wrote:
Remember when screaming about rights that everybody has the same set of them......you are screaming about a right nobody else has either.
Saying that everyone has equal protection to marry under the existing unconstitutional definition is asinine.
Reality Speaks wrote:
If we are determined to re-define marriage, then Divorce needs re-defined as well.
And?
Reality Speaks wrote:
New definition of divorce is, aborting wife from your life.
That may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Planet Earth

#133 Mar 17, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You Queers don't know how to stick with one d!ck.
Do you support the right of someone to paint their house purple? If so, does that mean your house is purple? Tiny minds think that way. One does not have to be gay to support gay rights, one only has to be an understander of liberty.

BTW, I have an appointment to give blood on the 20th.

Sponsor Name: St Mary's-Family Life Center
Site: St. Mary's Family Life Center
Address: 40 E. 4th Street , Chillicothe, OH 45601
Room Name: Family Life Center Room
Drive Date: 3/20/2014
Appointment Time: 02:00 PM
Procedure Type: Blood
Moral Truth

Washington, DC

#134 Mar 17, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you support the right of someone to paint their house purple? If so, does that mean your house is purple? Tiny minds think that way. One does not have to be gay to support gay rights, one only has to be an understander of liberty.

BTW, I have an appointment to give blood on the 20th.

Sponsor Name: St Mary's-Family Life Center
Site: St. Mary's Family Life Center
Address: 40 E. 4th Street , Chillicothe, OH 45601
Room Name: Family Life Center Room
Drive Date: 3/20/2014
Appointment Time: 02:00 PM
Procedure Type: Blood
Yeah the ONLY way a Queer, like you, can donate blood, is to do what you do best, LIE
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#135 Mar 17, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Tell me,
3. Can you indicate a compelling governmental interest served by limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman that would render such a restriction (and by extension the Ohio Amendment) to be Constitutional?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Saying that everyone has equal protection to marry under the existing unconstitutional definition is asinine.
<quoted text>
And?
<quoted text>
your post is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Basta

Dublin, CA

#136 Mar 17, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Tell me,
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And?
<quoted text>
First and foremost I applaud your efforts ! But me, I'm wondering how you use logic when you're obviously dealing with a clueless,Delusional,bible thumping Neanderthal who thinks our nation is a theocracy ! I wonder if The bat shyte crazy whacko ever read our Constitution or the 14th amendment or if he even gives a crap about it at all,sigh !
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#137 Mar 17, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas had the same amendment. It was ruled unconstitutional 3 weeks ago.
2nd Amendment was specifically written to end life terms of rogue judges according to our 3rd POTUS.

since when does anyone have right to re-define 2000 year old words?

hence the problem & entire point.

a thought.....when by mass majority society voted in favor of an amendment to define marriage, and radicals spit in the face of religion that formed this country, how on earth does 3% of the population think they are going to force 97% to abide?

There is a very simple way to handle your goals, but the way the minority is forcing people against their religion to accept, may well lead to serious problems where society completely shuns by force the minority.

and if the world has so dramatically changed from 10 years ago.....put it on ballet again to prove it.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#138 Mar 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
your post is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
And yet, you seem ill equipped to answer the simple and direct questions contained within it, or offer any form of factually supported rebuttal. The mere existence of a law does not guarantee that said law is Constitutional.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#139 Mar 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
Marriage is a great deal older than Christianity.
Reality Speaks wrote:
I think you have neither a problem, nor a point.
Reality Speaks wrote:
a thought.....
I very much doubt it.
Reality Speaks wrote:
when by mass majority society voted in favor of an amendment to define marriage, and radicals spit in the face of religion that formed this country, how on earth does 3% of the population think they are going to force 97% to abide?
There is a very simple way to handle your goals, but the way the minority is forcing people against their religion to accept, may well lead to serious problems where society completely shuns by force the minority.
Herein lies the problem.
The US Supreme Court has held that marriage is a fundamental right on 14 Separate occasions.
http://www.afer.org/blog/video-14-supreme-cou...
The court has also held that, "One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/...

You need not accept gay marriage, nor need you participate in such a union. You do not have the right to use the law as an instrument to force others to live by your religious moral standards. To do so would be a violation of their free exercise of religion. One reason why you should be wary of such a tactic, for example, is that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. What if, in the near future, a majority of Americans were Muslim? Would you care for them to be able to legally enact Sharia law?
Reality Speaks wrote:
and if the world has so dramatically changed from 10 years ago.....put it on ballet again to prove it.
I agree, let's have a dance off on the issue and see who Pliés.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#140 Mar 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
2nd Amendment was specifically written to end life terms of rogue judges according to our 3rd POTUS.
Would you care to offer verification of this claim?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#141 Mar 17, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Pam.
According to my Bible, Homosexuality is a work of the flesh - like adultery.
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest which are these: adultery, fornication, unclean sexual acts, lasciviousness.
Unclean sex would include homosexuality, bestiality, incest and polygamy which are all contrary to the Word of GOD.
Too bad your Buybull is irrelevant when it comes to civil law, ain't it?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#142 Mar 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
a thought.....when by mass majority society voted in favor of an amendment to define marriage, and radicals spit in the face of religion that formed this country, how on earth does 3% of the population think they are going to force 97% to abide?
Which ballet? Swan Lake?

No religion formed this country, dumbass. We are a secular nation.
Moral Truth

Washington, DC

#143 Mar 17, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Which ballet? Swan Lake?

No religion formed this country, dumbass. We are a secular nation.

Fagg@ts sure didn't form this country, dumb a:ss

Planet Earth

#144 Mar 17, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the ONLY way a Queer, like you, can donate blood, is to do what you do best, LIE
So here's how it's going to go down.

The US Supreme court is going to declare all laws barring gays from marrying unconstitutional.

Morons like you are going to die by the thousands when your heads explode.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#145 Mar 17, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Fagg@ts sure didn't form this country, dumb a:ss
How do you know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 14 min American_Infidel 234
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 22 min WeTheSheeple 4,587
News The Christian owners of a bakery found to have ... 34 min Reverend Alan 7
News Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay ... 36 min Imprtnrd 30
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 39 min fedupwiththemess 2,523
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr EdmondWA 33,241
News Ireland gay marriage: Northern Ireland must now... 1 hr Scandinavian uber... 6
More from around the web