Illinois Catholic cardinal fights gay marriage tide

Jan 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

A showdown in Illinois is the first test of strength between the Catholic Church and gay marriage advocates since Election Day in November.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jan 14, 2013
mea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Did you see the story about what the federal congress did to protect the chaplains in the military from being forced to go against the Bible and their belief in God's way by being made to MARRY---in the sacrament of marriage---two people of the same sex?
Congress gave them a law, buried it in must need
legislation, to be able to say "NO, I cannot do this. I will not marry two people of the same sex." Obama screamed that it was buried in there!
He was ticked off royally, but had to sign the bill and promised in written form to ignore the protection and to circumvent the provision!
(Jan 2).
Thank you Congress!
And now this in Illinois!
The next step is forcing people---all people to go against
everything that God is about and do as MAN (twisted thinking man) wishes
and defines things.
The Cardinal is absolutely correct on this whole affair.
Our world is getting turned upside down and perverted and twisted into something that isn't even normal anymore.
IT IS NOT NORMAL and totally against nature to
try and breed two men together and then call that
NORMAL.
Blue mixes with yellow--green results
Blue mixes with blue? there is no green
plain simple period
Where is the reason that a kindergartener even knows?
But if these people who are pushing perversion
get their way? Next thing a kindergartener will begin to learn that
"Oh, blue and blue make green! It is bad to mix
blue and yellow. It is good to mix blue and blue."
Blue will become to be know in fact as the new green!
Dooley

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Way to go Cardinal Francis George !!!

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

mea wrote:
Did you see the story about what the federal congress did to protect the chaplains in the military from being forced to go against the Bible and their belief in God's way by being made to MARRY---in the sacrament of marriage---two people of the same sex?
No law ever was proposed, and certainly the president never proposed, that would have forced ANY religious cleric to perform ANY service ANYWHERE in the US.

Feel free to quote from and link to any proposal by Congress or the President to the contrary.
mea wrote:
legislation, to be able to say "NO, I cannot do this. I will not marry two people of the same sex." Obama screamed that it was buried in there!
He was ticked off royally, but had to sign the bill and promised in written form to ignore the protection and to circumvent the provision!
(Jan 2).
Thank you Congress!
Feel free to quote from and link to any reputable news story where President Obama opposed religious exemptions for chaplains having to perform marriage ceremonies.

What the chaplains were opposed to was getting rid of DADT and being required to minister to all servicemembers regardless of sexual orientation.
mea wrote:
and defines things.
Wrong.

What the cardinal is doing is instructing Catholics to pressure legislators, and pressuring them himself, joined by like-minded clerics, to craft laws that force non-Catholics to follow Catholic doctrine. That makes it everybody’s business.

It is the right — I would say duty — of non-Catholics to resist religious notions being imposed on citizens through law.

Since: Jan 13

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Gay Marrage = Perversion dressed up to be normal.
nOgOd

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

The catholic church warning the Illinois legislature about homosexuality is like the kettle calling the pan, tire, 8-ball and the night sky black!
Jayce

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

nOgOd wrote:
The catholic church warning the Illinois legislature about homosexuality is like the kettle calling the pan, tire, 8-ball and the night sky black!
You apparently know that the priest abuse scandal was over 80% homosexual in nature and primarily involved homosexual molestation of minor young men, with very little pedophilia reported. The Cardinal was part of a national crackdown on homosexual priests that has nearly eliminated any reporting of recent events. That qualifies him to make a moral judgement on this issue, which of course any Christian is obligated to do..

All homosexual behavior is repeatedly condemned by God in both Testaments and in the clearest of terms.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Jayce wrote:
<quoted text>You apparently know that the priest abuse scandal was over 80% homosexual in nature and primarily involved homosexual molestation of minor young men, with very little pedophilia reported. The Cardinal was part of a national crackdown on homosexual priests that has nearly eliminated any reporting of recent events. That qualifies him to make a moral judgement on this issue, which of course any Christian is obligated to do..
All homosexual behavior is repeatedly condemned by God in both Testaments and in the clearest of terms.
Know what? You're most likely right about the bible condemnation, but how do you KNOW God "inspired" those books? Anybody could have made those claims. Know what else? People who believe in those UNPROVABLE BOOKS do so because they WANT to. If they didn't have today's "God's Word" books - they'd make another one up.
SHYKORA paul ARTs

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

nOgOd wrote:
..yha..the night sky is...black,here...(-)....
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

mea wrote:
(Jan 2).Blah, blah, blah.
Thank you Congress!
and defines things.
The Cardinal is absolutely correct on this whole affair.
Our world is getting turned upside down and perverted and twisted into something that isn't even normal anymore.
IT IS NOT NORMAL and totally against nature to
try and breed two men together and then call that
NORMAL.
Blue mixes with yellow--green results
Blue mixes with blue? there is no green
plain simple period
Where is the reason that a kindergartener even knows?
But if these people who are pushing perversion
get their way? Next thing a kindergartener will begin to learn that
"Oh, blue and blue make green! It is bad to mix
blue and yellow. It is good to mix blue and blue."
Blue will become to be know in fact as the new green!
Blah, blah, blah.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

is there anything dumber then a catholic... hmmm... no

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
is there anything dumber then a catholic... hmmm... no
LOL - you crack me up. Is there anything dumber? Yeah! Paul Yada u!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Lilith - Actually, I know many intelligent Catholics. But - they sure are brainwashed. I used to believe it all too, and now I'm wondering why! I never questioned anything they taught - that's answering my own question. Once I started studying as an adult, that was it....

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

mea wrote:
Why would we use tax-payers dollars to pay a military chaplain, and then allow him or her to try to harm the very tax-payers that hired them?

As a Christian chaplain, if you can't work with and serve ALL of the troops, just as Jesus worked will ALL of the population, then you certainly should not be in the armed services.

Find another job where your beliefs are supported, but do not expect taxpayers to foot the bill.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Jayce wrote:
<quoted text>You apparently know that the priest abuse scandal was over 80% homosexual in nature and primarily involved homosexual molestation of minor young men, with very little pedophilia reported......

The only reason that the church had an issue with same sex abusive behavior is because they ONLY recruited sexually immature and religiously confused males who believed their lack of attraction to women was a sign from God.

That's a recipe for disaster right there.

Same with the Boy Scouts, with their ban on ONLY "avowed" gay men. As long as you are willing to deceive everyone around you and remain in the closet, you are perfectly welcome to be a leader.

And guess what types of people THAT little rule draws in?

People with a stake in deceit and lies.

The law of unintended consequences is a problem, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••