Gay marriage fight unlikely to disapp...

Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon

There are 344 comments on the Daily Reporter story from May 25, 2014, titled Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon. In it, Daily Reporter reports that:

The most recent battle is being played out inside the Republican Party, as delegates to the party's upcoming convention ponder whether the GOP platform should support defining marriage as being between one man and one woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Reporter.

Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#266 Jul 12, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>It is only being widely quoted by the gay community. Even the A.P.A. is not putting much stock in the study. The problem is that sexual stimuli are not the only things that affect penile circumference. Anything that causes an emotional reaction will be measured as a positive by the plethysmograph as ANY increased blood flow in the body with go to ALL parts of the body.
Let's look at it this way. Saying that all intense dislike of gays as suppressed homosexual feelings would be akin to saying all racial hatred is based on having secret desires for the people one professes to hate.
I suppose you think I have repressed gay feelings. I'd love to see you try and prove that.
You are a clueless twit. This study more complex than you can understand.

https://my.psychologytoday.com/files/u47/Henr...

FYI.... notice the top right corner.... Copyright 1996 by the American Psychological Association, Inc.

Also notice how they controlled the "aggression" variable. Don't try speaking for the APA. You are WAY out of your league.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#267 Jul 12, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever hear of morning wood? No sexual stimulus required.
"morning wood" wasn't part of the study. Your comment is irrelevant.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#268 Jul 12, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
I suppose you think I have repressed gay feelings. I'd love to see you try and prove that.
Yes, we do think you have repressed gay feelings. Your biggest give-away is your overly emotional response to a plethysmograph. Lie detectors aren't admissible in court either. Do you think you could pass that?

Specifically, the present study was designed to investigate
whether homophobic men show more sexual arousal to homosexual
cues than nonhomophobic men as suggested by psychoanalytic
theory.
A secondary goal
was to evaluate whether homophobic individuals are persons
who are more generally hostile or aggressive than nonhomophobic
men. The present investigation was designed to evaluate
these two hypotheses.

So...... try finding another argument.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#269 Jul 12, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text> Bologna!]I have made intelligent posts based on facts and not wishful thinking. Fact - The plethysmograph produces false positives, can be manipulated, and its results are inadmissible in a court of law. As for the post I respond to here, I see nothing on your partto even try to back up your specious claims, only your say so which is of dubious value..
No.... you made posts on what you wanted to believe were facts. As it turns out, your arguments were covered in the study design.

This study only confirmed long standing psycho-analytic theory. It's 'hard' data.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#271 Jul 12, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI.... notice the top right corner.... Copyright 1996 by the American Psychological Association, Inc.
Also notice how they controlled the "aggression" variable. Don't try speaking for the APA. You are WAY out of your league.
Anybody who has to resort to insults in a debate is a hopeless loser and it casts doubts about whether you can even be taken seriously. Why do you have to post as a graybox? Be a man and sign up for a Topix account. I refuse to debate anybody who refuses to debate like a man.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#272 Jul 12, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we do think you have repressed gay feelings. Your biggest give-away is your overly emotional response to a plethysmograph. Lie detectors aren't admissible in court either. Do you think you could pass that?
Specifically, the present study was designed to investigate
whether homophobic men show more sexual arousal to homosexual
cues than nonhomophobic men as suggested by psychoanalytic
theory.
A secondary goal
was to evaluate whether homophobic individuals are persons
who are more generally hostile or aggressive than nonhomophobic
men. The present investigation was designed to evaluate
these two hypotheses.
So...... try finding another argument.
You walked right into my trap. I don't hate gay people, but I do have concerns about gay adoption and gays in the military. In 1969 I got to talk with a gay and I told him that I had no problems with it. After seeing what gays are really up to and getting religion, I have rethought that one. Are you trying to say I magically transformed from a well adjusted heterosexual when I was 20 to a repressed gay today? That is absurd thinking on your part. I would have no problem taking a polygraph test.

Let me add that when men try to get too cuddly with me I don't feel comfortable with it. On the other hand, I just love a woman's touch. I always felt there was something pleasantly special about girls even as a child.

Getting back to my rethinking about homosexuality, later in 1969, I got religion which led me to change some views. I also got to understand why gays would be a problem in the military. With Obama's allowing gays to serve openly, homosexual rapes are sharply on the increase in the military. If I could believe gays could keep it in their pants and not gawk, I'd have no problem with them serving openly. The problem is that too many of them can't. I can just imagine your cock-eyed sewer sludge take on what I have posted. Let me add that I have had friends in the past who had gay tendencies. I am OK with gays in my presence as long as they respect my sexual orientation. So much for your bologna that I am a hardcore homophobe. You don't know squat about me.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#273 Jul 12, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
"morning wood" wasn't part of the study. Your comment is irrelevant.
Of course you will disdain what is inconvenient to your interests.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#274 Jul 12, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No.... you made posts on what you wanted to believe were facts. As it turns out, your arguments were covered in the study design.
This study only confirmed long standing psycho-analytic theory. It's 'hard' data.
Where? I didn't see anything you claimed about in the upper right corner.

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

#275 Jul 12, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>It is only being widely quoted by the gay community. Even the A.P.A. is not putting much stock in the study. The problem is that sexual stimuli are not the only things that affect penile circumference. Anything that causes an emotional reaction will be measured as a positive by the plethysmograph as ANY increased blood flow in the body with go to ALL parts of the body.
Let's look at it this way. Saying that all intense dislike of gays as suppressed homosexual feelings would be akin to saying all racial hatred is based on having secret desires for the people one professes to hate.
I have nothing to prove, all of your time and energy spent on the Gay/Lesbian Forum speaks for itself.

Actually, anger and disgust are one of the major mental components in Erectile Dysfunction.
As one physician stated, "The blood may rush to your face, but it won't help you where you want it to go. I guess that's why men buy all of those magazines with pictures of grotesquely ugly females to get in the mood.

I have read a little about it and have not yet come across any information on "false positives." You are correct that it is not admitted in court (neither is a lie detector) but these techniques are used on sex offenders to see how likely they are to offend again. It sometimes makes the difference between someone being granted parole or not.

Now, for that "false positive" link, I'd be very interested to see that.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#276 Jul 12, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever hear of morning wood? No sexual stimulus required.
Morning erections are associated with REM sleep, the dreaming state. I wonder what you dream about?

No, wait. I don't really want to know.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#277 Jul 12, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Very informative, bookmarked for further study. Also found a list of the most likely demographics to display homophobic tendencies:

Causes of Homophobia

In contrast to most phobias, it is widely believed that homophobia is primarily caused by a person’s direct environment rather then an inherent view held within them or any series of traumatic events. Here are the most common demographics that have reported the highest levels of homophobia:

Older men
Low levels of education
Religious
Supportive of traditional gender roles
Politically conservative
Residing in a geographic area where tolerance of same-sex marriages are incredibly low (Southern regions of the United States, for example)

Read the Full Page: Homophobia – Causes of Homophobia – Treatment of Homophobia
AllAboutCounseling.com

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#278 Jul 12, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You walked right into my trap.

I don't hate gay people,

I do have concerns about gay adoption

With Obama's allowing gays to serve openly, homosexual rapes are sharply on the increase in the military.

If I could believe gays could keep it in their pants and not gawk, I'd have no problem with them serving openly. The problem is that too many of them can't.

You don't know squat about me.
a) Not likely.
b) BS
c) Children being raised by same sex parents have been studied by the APA for decades, would you like some links to peer reviewed studies?
d) Cite your sources, you claim to post facts instead of wishful thinking (opinions) put up or shut up.
e) Are you sure you're not posting about heterosexuals here? I think you've gone off the rail.
f) Your posts reveal so much more than you realise.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#280 Jul 13, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
a) Not likely.
b) BS
c) Children being raised by same sex parents have been studied by the APA for decades, would you like some links to peer reviewed studies?
d) Cite your sources, you claim to post facts instead of wishful thinking (opinions) put up or shut up.
e) Are you sure you're not posting about heterosexuals here? I think you've gone off the rail.
f) Your posts reveal so much more than you realise.
You are partially or completely wronhg on all points. Have you heard of the cases where gay male couples have either abused adopted sons or allowed them to be abused? It is not heterosexuals males who can't keep it in their pants in the presence of other males or gwak at one another in the shower. As for the increase in homosexual rape in the military since gay personnel have been allowed to serve openly, I have these links that prove that increased rates of gay rape are not my imagination or wishful thinking.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/item/155...
http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/bryan-...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/...
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#281 Jul 13, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate gay people, but I do have concerns about gay adoption and gays in the military. In 1969 I got to talk with a gay....With Obama's allowing gays to serve openly, homosexual rapes are sharply on the increase in the military..
You're a serial, sick, homophobic bigot, as is anyone who uses the phrase, "a gay," rube.

It wasn't just Obama repealing DADT, that was 90% of Congress and the entire upper echelon of the military...except for the Marine Corps head who had reservations at the time. No serious person objected to the repeal a year later when there were no issues.

_Reports of all kinds_ of rape in the armed forces went way up in recent years as the issue began to be taken seriously. There was no uptick in just the occurrence of same sex rapes. The reporting of all kinds of rapes by victims went up. You repeat lies from your lying sources because you are an ignorant, disingenuous bigot. And a "religious" freeek.

Fortunately, as the startling progress on marriage equality shows, uneducated, prevaricating filth like you are all but done for.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#282 Jul 13, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard of the cases where gay male couples have either
You ignorant defaming filth. A couple of lurid anecdotes do not make "statistics."

There is no question that the overwhelming percentage of child sex abuse takes place within the traditional, extended nuclear family. None. The data are clear.

What is also clear is that it's heterosexual males who violently rape women in endemic proportions and who commit the bulk of the incest in this society, almost always on younger, female relatives.

You are very, very disturbed.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#283 Jul 13, 2014
jukiebird wrote:
Fuckqueers
Your mention of a sex act is noted, even if tinged with violence. It's so telling.
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

#285 Jul 13, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
Very informative, bookmarked for further study. Also found a list of the most likely demographics to display homophobic tendencies:
Causes of Homophobia
In contrast to most phobias, it is widely believed that homophobia is primarily caused by a person’s direct environment rather then an inherent view held within them or any series of traumatic events. Here are the most common demographics that have reported the highest levels of homophobia:
Older men
Low levels of education
Religious
Supportive of traditional gender roles
Politically conservative
Residing in a geographic area where tolerance of same-sex marriages are incredibly low (Southern regions of the United States, for example)
Read the Full Page: Homophobia – Causes of Homophobia – Treatment of Homophobia
AllAboutCounseling.com
You should really dig deeper, maybe delve into the "political" because that's where a lot this derives from. "Homophobe" is used as a derogatory term for those who simply don't agree with gays. There's not necessarily "hate" or "fear" involved just a disagreement. Surely, those who speak of "tolerance" would be able to understand a mere "disagreement" doesn't necessarily mean "hate" or "fear". I see you list..."religious", "traditional gender", "conservative", etc. as "homophobe". The abolishment of all you listed would fall under "communism". Am I to assume your a communist? Should I assume you using the word "homophobe" as a derogatory term is just Saul Alinsky 101... ridicule? Should I call you a Communist?
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

#286 Jul 13, 2014
Gays have heard of the term "useful idiots" have you not? You're all aware of how the Marxists will "USE" and "JUSTIFY" whatever MEANS (including gays) necessary to accomplish their end goal right? Yeah, if gays/transgenders think anyone in power gives a rats ass about your rights...you're WRONG. In the end, your rights along with everyone else's will be stripped. Gays are simply a mean to justify an end, same as women, blacks, all those illegals crossing the border, etc. Wake up and see your being USED like all the rest. Be AMERICANS, not whites, not blacks, not women, not immigrants, or gays. United as Americans we stand, divided we fall.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#287 Jul 13, 2014
Truth-Hurts wrote:
You're all aware of how the Marxists will "USE" and "JUSTIFY" whatever MEANS (including gays) necessary to accomplish their end goal right? Yeah, if gays/transgenders think anyone in power gives a rats ass about your rights...you're WRONG. In the end, your rights along with everyone else's will be stripped.
That bizarre construct doesn't address the fact of your frenzied obsession with male homosexuality in its most extreme forms. You haven't been hating on marxists or on any impending loss of civil rights. You've been defaming lgbt people.

The actual cover story is your faux concern with rights being stripped, when it's really men being stripped that remains your true focus.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#288 Jul 13, 2014
jukiebird wrote:
Queers like the taste ofshit.
I'm doing market research: How many times a week do you "eat out"?

You evidently claim to know about this alleged fact....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 2 hr Mikey 4
News Judge who said she wouldn't marry gays fights b... 4 hr The Golden Ruler 11
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... Tue Rose_NoHo 194
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples Tue WasteWater 49
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... Tue Fa-Foxy 8
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... Tue Go Blue Forever 39
News Michael Kirby warns against 'dangerous' politic... Aug 22 Larry Craig s WC ... 26
More from around the web