Official prayers for Obama are a political hot potato

Jan 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Northwestern in Oshkosh

First lady Michelle Obama, President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, his wife Jill Biden attend the inaugural prayer service at the Washington National Cathedral in Washington, Wednesday, Jan.

Comments
21 - 32 of 32 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

if i was obama i would so have a muslim cleric do the prayers

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to take the position that this isn't an official government function? Are you sure about that?
http://inauguraltickets.com/BuyingInauguralTi...

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
You sounding like a extreme tea party nutcase, not that you're not a nutcase you have established that fact time and time again

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I never knew this until this morning when I opened the newspaper, and there was an article that says "so help me God" is not part of the official oath of office. Each President has the option of whether to add it. The first President to do so was Chester Arthur, in 1881. So I guess the first Presidents were adhering to "separation of church and state".

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
The inauguration is a PUBLIC ACT. He MUST be sworn into office to be POTUS. CHARGING MONEY by an elected political official for the U.S. CITIZENS to witness an official public act IS IMPEACHABLE.
IMPEACH THIS BUM !
NEXT !
(If the mayor of the city I live in charged the citizens to witness his public swearing in, do you think THAT is legal ?!)
The ceremony Monday is for PR. The actual ceremony takes place over the weekend at the White House. Pay attention to the news.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Keep religion and praying out of public forum please....LIKE CONSTITUTION SAYS...

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
The ceremony Monday is for PR. The actual ceremony takes place over the weekend at the White House. Pay attention to the news.
You mean he's performing a PUBLIC ACT which American citizens are PAYING FOR in SECRET ?!

IMPEACH THIS BUM !!!
Dirty White Schlepper

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ToManyLaws wrote:
Keep religion and praying out of public forum please....LIKE CONSTITUTION SAYS...
These bastards could care less about the constitution and one day you'll be left out in the cold saying what happened?
Dirty White Schlepper

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
Maybe you should consider converting then so they could help you with your 'little' problem.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
The inauguration is a PUBLIC ACT. He MUST be sworn into office to be POTUS. CHARGING MONEY by an elected political official for the U.S. CITIZENS to witness an official public act IS IMPEACHABLE.
IMPEACH THIS BUM !
NEXT !
(If the mayor of the city I live in charged the citizens to witness his public swearing in, do you think THAT is legal ?!)
You are wrong on all counts. The President will be sworn in TODAY, JANUARY 20 at NOON in a private ceremony....because that is the rules of the game...The public ceremony will be on Monday. You really need to go back and take 7th grade CIVICS before you come in here and talk about government.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean he's performing a PUBLIC ACT which American citizens are PAYING FOR in SECRET ?!a
IMPEACH THIS BUM !!!
Keep on talking...or as Barack said, please Governor continue.....

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Dirty White Schlepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should consider converting then so they could help you with your 'little' problem.
Sweet!!! So if I convert they will get rid of you... awesome ... where do I sign up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••