Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first Western state w...

Hawaii , the state that adopted the nation's first "defense of marriage" constitutional amendment a decade ago, has now become the latest battleground in the fight for same-sex civil unions. Full Story
Headlines Exposed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#36 Feb 23, 2009
Not Kidding wrote:
<quoted text> OMG...you believe in Adam & Eve. LMAO
I not only believe in the account of Adam and Eve, but believe in the entire bible.

It is an amazing book and through it the lives of so many have been changed, for those who receive Him.
verad

United States

#37 Feb 23, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
Do you guys even knows what in this crazy bill? If passed, we will be forced to recognize same sex couples from everywhere in the nation and the world. They'll be flocking here from all over the place and we will have to provide them with the same benefits as normal married couples.
"Provide?" Where in the federal tax code are homosexuals exempt from paying taxes? Where in ANY state tax code does it state that?
confused

Ocoee, FL

#38 Feb 23, 2009
lets keep this objective shall we. 75% of the residents of Hawaii are non-christian, so all that is irrelavant.
Headlines Exposed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#39 Feb 23, 2009
Yankee Redneck wrote:
<quoted text> thats correct, that Gods job to love you NOT OURS!! take it up with him and leave the rest of the human population alone. its funny how the gays always use God against christians when it convenient to them. P.S. i heard next year there will be a movie with Rue Paul. it called Chocolate Milk.
No, God does call you to love and even more so to those who live contrary to the word of God.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#40 Feb 23, 2009
Headlines Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
The government CANNOT establish, force or coerce people with regards to their religion.
Fine. But that has nothing to do with the subject at hand, the Bible never mentions homosexuality and homophobia and bigotry are not Christian. Nobody is TRYING to force or establish or coerce anyone except the religious right trying to force their narrow political views on everyone else.
verad

United States

#41 Feb 23, 2009
Headlines Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the best ways to mislead someone is to provide them MOST the truth and then alter it a bit to change it's meaning. Many people find it easy to out right reject falsehood, but it is more difficult when it SEEMS right.
Satan deceived Eve by merely asking a question that distorted God's command: "Did God really say,'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
What God said was:
"You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."
Eve, in her response even added that she was not even allowed to touch it.
We see in John 1:12 that we become children of God when we believe and receive Jesus -
12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God ó 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. We are all made by God but we are not all children of God.
The point is important because until one comes to know Jesus and be born-again, he/she is separated from the truth and it is veil from them. The enemy of God wants people to remain apart from God while believing that they are OK.
God's Word transforms people's live and moves them from death to life when they believe. It recreates the person from the inside out so that they live to honor God and his Word and it opens their mind to understanding and Godly wisdom. It may seem right to accuse people of being prejudice for sharing a biblical position on homosexuality, but actually they are acting in love, not wanting anyone to remain separated from God's love.
And although many others may provide quotes and details, it should be stated again that the country was not founded on separation of church and state. The reference was from a letter to the Danbury Baptists and the intent from that as well as the constitution is that government MUST not encroach on religious freedoms. The government CANNOT establish, force or coerce people with regards to their religion.
Really? Well, all the white bigots who claimed the Bible said it was okay to have slaves were forced to free said slaves by the government. All the menfolk who said the Bible said that it women should be silent and tend the home fires only were forced to allow women to vote by the government. All the bigots who claimed the Bible said that races shouldn't mix were forced to allow mixed race marriages by the government. Finally, all the bigots who claimed the Bible justified "separate but equal" were forced to integrate by the government.

So following your logic, none of these things should ever have happened because it meant the government was infringing upon the religious beliefs/rights of the majority. Of course, you will vehemently deny any such thing but anyone with half a brain can put this together.

How shameful, using the Bible to discriminate against taxpaying citizens in a matter that is civil in nature, unless you are required to be married in a church in Hawaii that is. Here in Texas, we are required to have a license from the county but not the blessing of any church, synogogue, etc.
verad

United States

#42 Feb 23, 2009
Sham Wow wrote:
The lady in Connecticut living with her chimp as a husband, can she get an Aloha?
The gays said they wouldn't let bestiality in the door, but their doors per usual are swinging wide.
Je me'excuse. Le chimp est mort.
Please provide legitimate proof that beastiality will follow. Anything from NARTH, James Dobson, Paul or Kirk Cameron, American Family Association, or Focus on the Family does not constitute legitimate as anyone from the scientific community will tell you. We are waiting.
Doug

Chicago, IL

#43 Feb 23, 2009
Headlines Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
I not only believe in the account of Adam and Eve, but believe in the entire bible.
It is an amazing book and through it the lives of so many have been changed, for those who receive Him.
Then you have the mental capacity of a six year old. Grow up and stop believing in dumb fairy tales that cause way more harm to society than good.
verad

United States

#44 Feb 23, 2009
Dont like them wrote:
Why must these perverts continue to publicize their sick lifestyle?
Who cares what they screw?
Just leave us out of it
So it is gay sex that is used to sell just about everything? Funny I thought all those ta-tas were supposed to appeal to straight men, not lesbians. My bad.

Oh and I am so sorry that you feel you have to engage in gay sex. Let me just clear that up for you. No one is forcing you to have gay sex in return for marriage equality. I am not sure how you confused the issue but now you should be clear.
Bill from Coopersburg

Billerica, MA

#45 Feb 23, 2009
Let's see the bible clearly states homosexuality is a sin, so what the heck let God send these folks on the express train to hell.
verad

United States

#46 Feb 23, 2009
I just find this whole issue so ridiculous.

First off, nearly all of my closest friends are gay and to date I have never seen them have sex or even make out. I have seen them kiss occasionally but then I have seen all my straight friends do that too.

Next, sex is used to sell everything there is no denying that. All this time I assumed the advertisers were using ta-tas and hot hetero couples to appeal to the straight men but I stand corrected. I now realize they are trying to sell lesbians beer, fast cars, shaving cream, etc. My bad!

Then, marriage is and has been civil in nature for quite sometime. That explains why the blessing of a church is optional, why the justice-of-the-peace can perform the ceremony, and a license is required from the county. I wonder how many married couples have never set foot inside a church but amazingly their marriages are still legal in every way. Imagine that!

Finally, in the federal tax code there is no provision exempting gays from paying taxes. We don't pay state taxes in Texas but I am assuming in the states that do, there is no exemption in that tax code either. Therefore, no one is "providing" benefits to married gay couples. Instead those couples are simply reaping the benefits they have been subsidizing for generations.

I hope this all wasn't too confusing for you. If it was then you honestly have no business voting.

“Think”

Since: Mar 07

Virginia Beach, VA

#47 Feb 23, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
Do you guys even knows what in this crazy bill? If passed, we will be forced to recognize same sex couples from everywhere in the nation and the world. They'll be flocking here from all over the place and we will have to provide them with the same benefits as normal married couples.
Yeah...'cause they will be normal married couples.
Doug

Chicago, IL

#48 Feb 23, 2009
Bill from Coopersburg wrote:
Let's see the bible clearly states homosexuality is a sin, so what the heck let God send these folks on the express train to hell.
The bible also says that eating shellfish is a sin, so let's send anyone who has ever tasted or served shrimp to hell too. The bible also says it's okay to have more than one wife, so if you only have one wife you probably aren't holy enough to get into heaven.
alarmclock

Kapaau, HI

#49 Feb 23, 2009
There you go. So what's the big deal with allowing same-sex civil unions? if you're going to heaven and they are going to hell, what the heck does it matter what's done on this earthly plane? Finally, an honest opinion.
Gaelic Sookie

Louisa, VA

#50 Feb 23, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
REMINDER OF THE DAY
http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx...
Rally Planned to Protest Proposed Hawaii Civil Union Bill
By Leon Siu, 2/19/2009 12:46:36 PM
There is a rally this Sunday, Feb. 22, from 2-4 p.m., to ask lawmakers stop the legislature from legalizing 'civil unions' in Hawaii.
The public is invited to attend. Churches from across the island are encouraged to invite their congregations, and ask them to wear red and organize their own potlucks.
Let's come together to honor and glorify Godís design for marriage and family.
Good Luck! & GODSPEED!
verad

United States

#51 Feb 23, 2009
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible also says that eating shellfish is a sin, so let's send anyone who has ever tasted or served shrimp to hell too. The bible also says it's okay to have more than one wife, so if you only have one wife you probably aren't holy enough to get into heaven.
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!
Gaelic Sookie

Louisa, VA

#52 Feb 23, 2009
# 48
GOD does have health laws, it is a PERSONAL choice to eat well- or NOT. The Food Laws will NOT send you to hell- gayness will, unless one changes their choices of MATES!

Since: Jul 07

United States

#53 Feb 23, 2009
Ooops, I hope you booked a seat...you don't want to stand for your entire trip to hell.
Bob J

Pleasanton, CA

#54 Feb 23, 2009
As an old friend who has been married for nearly 60 years said recently when asked if gays should be allowed to get married:

"I think they should be FORCED to get married!"

“Think”

Since: Mar 07

Virginia Beach, VA

#55 Feb 23, 2009
I'd like the "small govt" conservatives to explain to me why it's a nanny state's job to keep me from going to hell.

Let consenting adults chart their own course in life. Keep govt out of the business of love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll: Support for gay marriage drops in Mich. (May '14) 4 hr scs2011 61
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 hr KiMare 26,892
Church-based institutions ponder same-sex benefits 5 hr Mitt s Baptism of... 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr KiMare 51,279
The day Cyclone Tracy unleashed hell on Darwin,... 5 hr Storm 1
Salvation Army: Boston jewelry gifts 'contagious' 7 hr Mitt s Baptism of... 1
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 8 hr Switches 39
More from around the web