Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first Western state w...

Hawaii , the state that adopted the nation's first "defense of marriage" constitutional amendment a decade ago, has now become the latest battleground in the fight for same-sex civil unions. Full Story
First Prev
of 808
Next Last
jojo

Allentown, PA

#1 Feb 22, 2009
Let them mmarry,divorce , pay child support ,alimony and all the wonderful things that marriage brings
American Infidel

Honolulu, HI

#2 Feb 22, 2009
REMINDER OF THE DAY

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx...

Rally Planned to Protest Proposed Hawaii Civil Union Bill
By Leon Siu, 2/19/2009 12:46:36 PM

There is a rally this Sunday, Feb. 22, from 2-4 p.m., to ask lawmakers stop the legislature from legalizing 'civil unions' in Hawaii.
The public is invited to attend. Churches from across the island are encouraged to invite their congregations, and ask them to wear red and organize their own potlucks.

Let's come together to honor and glorify Godís design for marriage and family.
Headlines Exposed

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
REMINDER OF THE DAY
http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx...
Rally Planned to Protest Proposed Hawaii Civil Union Bill
By Leon Siu, 2/19/2009 12:46:36 PM
There is a rally this Sunday, Feb. 22, from 2-4 p.m., to ask lawmakers stop the legislature from legalizing 'civil unions' in Hawaii.
The public is invited to attend. Churches from across the island are encouraged to invite their congregations, and ask them to wear red and organize their own potlucks.
Let's come together to honor and glorify Godís design for marriage and family.
Agree.

Christians should also share how God's Word can restore a life.
Proud to be Gay

Hollywood, FL

#6 Feb 22, 2009
When I was a kid, I was taught in church that God loves all his children and that we are all of God's children. When did "Christians " become so hateful against another human being? Anyone who is against gays are prejudice. Also , when this country was founded , it was founded on the principle of separation of church and State. Can you imagine what would have happened if Civic Rights were voted on in the 50's ? Obama would be a servant in the White House today not President.
Fred

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2009
A bunch of california transplants trying to change hawaiin culture to california culture
Robin Hood

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Feb 22, 2009
If Hawaiians consider civil unions to be marriage by another name, why don't they just go ahead and call it what it is.*marriage*

Hawaii could become the third star on the new American Flag
http://tashian.com/makeitequal/
flyboy

Glen Allen, VA

#13 Feb 22, 2009
R U Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about God loves all children but it is not children rallying for same sex marriage and God is not for same sex marriages, get your bible out and go to 1 Corinthians chapter 7 and read verses 1-4, no where in there do I see anything about a man and man or woman and woman, I only see man and woman or husband and wife so do not try to make out God is into the same sex marriage. Marriage is "only" between a man and a woman.
Civil marriage and religious marriage are 2 different concepts, same-sex marriage was never Biblical condemned.
flyboy

Glen Allen, VA

#14 Feb 22, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
Do you guys even knows what in this crazy bill? If passed, we will be forced to recognize same sex couples from everywhere in the nation and the world. They'll be flocking here from all over the place and we will have to provide them with the same benefits as normal married couples.
Thats too damn bad, huh. I mean, gay/lesbian people would have to have equality under the law. Like, they dont deserve it (yawn).

Anyway, you dont have to do anything, the government has a requirement in giving equal rights for all legal citizens. Time to stop trying to force your morality and making it law.
flyboy

Glen Allen, VA

#17 Feb 22, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
You already have equal rights as legal citizens. You want special rights.
False.

“That's Mama Luigi to you too”

Since: Jun 08

Orange County,CA

#18 Feb 22, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
You already have equal rights as legal citizens. You want special rights.
So you're saying you want still have your superiority complex,becuase with someone look down upon in disgust would keep you from making you a ritual sacrifice.
Raucous

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Feb 22, 2009
Dont like them wrote:
Why must these perverts continue to publicize their sick lifestyle?
Who cares what they screw?
Just leave us out of it
How miserable you must be that their happiness crushes you. Let all be happy, inclduding you.
Lady Liberty

AOL

#25 Feb 22, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
Do you guys even knows what in this crazy bill? If passed, we will be forced to recognize same sex couples from everywhere in the nation and the world. They'll be flocking here from all over the place and we will have to provide them with the same benefits as normal married couples.
Just as promised in the US Constitution. Glad you agree.
Not Kidding

AOL

#26 Feb 22, 2009
R U Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about God loves all children but it is not children rallying for same sex marriage and God is not for same sex marriages, get your bible out and go to 1 Corinthians chapter 7 and read verses 1-4, no where in there do I see anything about a man and man or woman and woman, I only see man and woman or husband and wife so do not try to make out God is into the same sex marriage. Marriage is "only" between a man and a woman.
The Bible is a fairytale, just like the Catholic Church. Don't you read history?
Not Kidding

AOL

#27 Feb 22, 2009
RU SH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You need to change your name from fly boy to breaking gods law boy , remember Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve !!!
OMG...you believe in Adam & Eve. LMAO

Orange County,CA

#29 Feb 22, 2009
American Infidel wrote:
It's Obama's fault!!
That all this gay stuff is being shoved down our throats...they're emboldened by Obama's election because they know he condones their abnormal, unnatural lifestyle.
Another reason why Obama is bad for his country.
Sound you're obessed with gay sex, look like we have another Roy Cohn.
confused

Ocoee, FL

#30 Feb 22, 2009
flyboy wrote:
<quoted text>Thats too damn bad, huh. I mean, gay/lesbian people would have to have equality under the law. Like, they dont deserve it (yawn).
Anyway, you dont have to do anything, the government has a requirement in giving equal rights for all legal citizens. Time to stop trying to force your morality and making it law.
well look what the rabid cat dragged in. this parrot is on these gay threads faster than stink on a ch-imp

this is for the people of hawaii to decide, so shut ur hole and mind your own state business

Orange County,CA

#31 Feb 22, 2009
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
well look what the rabid cat dragged in. this parrot is on these gay threads faster than stink on a ch-imp
this is for the people of hawaii to decide, so shut ur hole and mind your own state business
You should Talk, Floridian.
confused

Ocoee, FL

#32 Feb 22, 2009
i did not state my personal opinion on the matter. its an issue for the people of the great state of Hawaii to decide.

stop trying to force your perception of morality on the residents of Hawaii.
American Infidel

Honolulu, HI

#34 Feb 23, 2009
Shadow Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound you're obessed with gay sex
You're wrong...as usual.
Headlines Exposed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#35 Feb 23, 2009
Proud to be Gay wrote:
When I was a kid, I was taught in church that God loves all his children and that we are all of God's children. When did "Christians " become so hateful against another human being? Anyone who is against gays are prejudice. Also , when this country was founded , it was founded on the principle of separation of church and State. Can you imagine what would have happened if Civic Rights were voted on in the 50's ? Obama would be a servant in the White House today not President.
One of the best ways to mislead someone is to provide them MOST the truth and then alter it a bit to change it's meaning. Many people find it easy to out right reject falsehood, but it is more difficult when it SEEMS right.

Satan deceived Eve by merely asking a question that distorted God's command: "Did God really say,'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

What God said was:
"You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Eve, in her response even added that she was not even allowed to touch it.

We see in John 1:12 that we become children of God when we believe and receive Jesus -

12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God ó 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. We are all made by God but we are not all children of God.

The point is important because until one comes to know Jesus and be born-again, he/she is separated from the truth and it is veil from them. The enemy of God wants people to remain apart from God while believing that they are OK.

God's Word transforms people's live and moves them from death to life when they believe. It recreates the person from the inside out so that they live to honor God and his Word and it opens their mind to understanding and Godly wisdom. It may seem right to accuse people of being prejudice for sharing a biblical position on homosexuality, but actually they are acting in love, not wanting anyone to remain separated from God's love.

And although many others may provide quotes and details, it should be stated again that the country was not founded on separation of church and state. The reference was from a letter to the Danbury Baptists and the intent from that as well as the constitution is that government MUST not encroach on religious freedoms. The government CANNOT establish, force or coerce people with regards to their religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 808
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 20 min KiMare 27,197
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 22 min KiMare 84
Taco Bell Responds To 'Leaked' Gay Commercial 3 hr EdmondWA 5
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 7 hr Boni 241
Gay marriage comes to Missouri. Wait ... what? 8 hr Jonah1 105
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 9 hr DRUDAEGCNTIENDEBD... 52
The Islamist war on Muslim women (Dec '07) 9 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1,499
More from around the web