Homosexual marriage is legal

Jun 27, 2013 Full story: www.examiner.com 2,468

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#2072 Sep 7, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No justification? Hello.......... where's YOUR justification? There isn't any. It just sounds good to you because you are stupid.
So one requirement is changed and EVERTHING is up for grabs, eh? Where did you learn logic.... oh wait.... it's obvious you didn't.
Equal protection???? again three DOES NOT equal two.
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.

Tell me why you disagree, calling me stupid is just a lame attempt to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.

Why shouldn't polygamy be allowed? The answer is not "because Frankie is stupid.".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#2073 Sep 7, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello.....
Hi!

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#2074 Sep 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?

Most people know the difference between marrying one, and marrying two at a time. And most people, straight or gay, have no interest.

Now, as to whether it should be legal, the christian anti-gay conservatives who support it should take their fight to the legal courts and the courts of public opinion and prove that it does no harm, and is actually good for society, just as interracial couples and gay couples have done.

As it stands now, it seems to be primarily a heterosexual religious conservative notion that only happens in very closed societies, and seems to be connected to the abuse of women, and even young girls.

If you disagree, get out there in public and prove your case.

Unless of course it's simple a straw man that you harp on because you don't have any other logical arguments.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#2075 Sep 7, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Most people know the difference between marrying one, and marrying two at a time. And most people, straight or gay, have no interest.
Now, as to whether it should be legal, the christian anti-gay conservatives who support it should take their fight to the legal courts and the courts of public opinion and prove that it does no harm, and is actually good for society, just as interracial couples and gay couples have done.
As it stands now, it seems to be primarily a heterosexual religious conservative notion that only happens in very closed societies, and seems to be connected to the abuse of women, and even young girls.
If you disagree, get out there in public and prove your case.
Unless of course it's simple a straw man that you harp on because you don't have any other logical arguments.
This is a discussion forum. I would like to discuss the topic.

I have no interest in "going out there and fighting" I am old and in a wheelchair. My fighting days are over, I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear and attempts at censorship.

It seems you are a hypocrite. Not worth my time. So sorry, bigot. The bottom line is that I support marriage equality and you do not.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2076 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When several states have already abandoned the notion that heterosexual marriage is essential for social stability, I fail to see your logic in insisting that monogamy still is.
Tell me your logic, this is not kindergarten. Dumber than dirt means nothing. It just shows your frustration at your own bigotry.
Um.... which States have "abandoned the notion that heterosexual marriage is essential for social stability?" None have, Drama Queen.

Like I said, you make shit up and then argue about it. Nuts.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2077 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go get one.... oh, that's right...you can't... they're illegal. So explain how something illegal "deserves" respect. I have a healthy respect for heroin, but I'm not going to take any.

Maybe you THINK they deserve the same respect, but that is merely YOUR opinion.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2078 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why you disagree, calling me stupid is just a lame attempt to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Why shouldn't polygamy be allowed? The answer is not "because Frankie is stupid.".
Why shouldn't polygamy be allowed??? Beats me, but certainly NOT because the benefit of marriage was extended to an additional group. That's not a reason, that's wishful thinking.

You think polygamy should be allowed... that's your PERSONAL preference. Marriage is licensed by the State, therefore it is a matter of public policy, NOT personal preference. When one man has two wives, one man has no wife. When one man has three wives, two men have no wives. What do you think happens in a society with a surplus of men with no wives? Increased violence and a destabilization of society, that's what happens. That is a matter of historical FACT.

Shut the fuck up about polygamy.

Read this: http://reason.com/archives/2006/04/03/one-man...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#2079 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... which States have "abandoned the notion that heterosexual marriage is essential for social stability?" None have, Drama Queen.
Like I said, you make shit up and then argue about it. Nuts.
You know them better than I. What is it about 20 states by now who have abandoned the notion that marriage has to be heterosexual for social stability?

I support your right to marry your leather daddy. But I don't support your hypocrisy to deny others the same right.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#2080 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go get one.... oh, that's right...you can't... they're illegal. So explain how something illegal "deserves" respect. I have a healthy respect for heroin, but I'm not going to take any.
Maybe you THINK they deserve the same respect, but that is merely YOUR opinion.
The polygamy shouldn't be allowed because it's illegal argument. Priceless.

Explain why you wish to deny good people equal protection of the law.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#2081 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Why shouldn't polygamy be allowed??? Beats me, but certainly NOT because the benefit of marriage was extended to an additional group. That's not a reason, that's wishful thinking.
You think polygamy should be allowed... that's your PERSONAL preference. Marriage is licensed by the State, therefore it is a matter of public policy, NOT personal preference. When one man has two wives, one man has no wife. When one man has three wives, two men have no wives. What do you think happens in a society with a surplus of men with no wives? Increased violence and a destabilization of society, that's what happens. That is a matter of historical FACT.
Read this: http://reason.com/archives/2006/04/03/one-man...
Calm down fruitloops.

What possible objection do you have to the marriage of three consenting adult men?

If polygamy were made legal, it would still be so rare you'd probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

Marriage. There is no one right way.

Waving fingers behind ears at dopey loser Mona. YUK!YUK!YUK! Hypocrite.

~)(~
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#2082 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Fartatu wrote:
<quoted text>
...dopey angry rant ommited for brevity....bla bla...bla...
No.

YUK!YUK!YUK!

P.S. This is a perfectly good marriage equality forum. Get on topic dummy.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#2083 Sep 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're str8, then why do you spend so much time here on this gay forum ? How do gay people affect your life ?
With out gay people Frankie has no life.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2084 Sep 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> You've forgotten something my friend although you've listed Romans 13 what about Romans 1
What about:

1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

It seems all the pew warming Christ-insanity-ists have forgotten that one. Ninety nine percent of what the fundies do in here is evil and sticking their nose into other peoples business.

Which proves conclusively that biblicists do not believe in, nor accept the Bible any more than I do. I am just honest about it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2085 Sep 8, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Uve, get your nasty a:ss back to your stall and continue your toe tappin. You piece of sh!t.
I just love seeing that all of your posts ["The AssTroll Stopper"] are being reported to Topix and that they are removing them as fast as they can get to them. Why do you bother to post knowing your post will be removed in a couple of hours?

I also know what pisses you off the most! Biblical errors, contradictions and fallacies! So here is one now which proves the Bible can not be trusted because it is unreliable:

JESUS Matt. 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

verses

JESUS Matt. 28:20 ...: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And here is another little gem:

GOD: And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them. Exekiel 4:12-13

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#2086 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What about:
1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters ...
Putting your private matters on public electronic bulletin boards doesn't make everyone else a "busybody".

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2087 Sep 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>
Till then marriage laws should be applied equally to both heterosexuals and homosexual couples.
Maybe we do not need any laws about marriage? When did one size ever fit all? If people want to get married in a church, let them find one and go for it. If they want a legal contract, find a lawyer to write one or just write it yourself.

If people are going to live together, buy property together and have children together they need something in writing, but they should write it not the government. There are 2.5 million laws we are all required to obey, we need to get rid of some of the laws we have.

Til then, I agree, marriage laws should be applied equally.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2088 Sep 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Funny how you guys get all defensive as soon as someone begins to mention Romans 1 look jump to your own conclusions why i listed it i'm not condemning you for your sin... that's what the Bible does...
I admit the truth, there are 6 anti-gay verses in the Bible. But you do not care what the Bible says to you so why should gays care what the Bible says to them.

But what else does the Bible say,[not that anyone cares enough to change their lives]?

Eccles. 8:15 [MARY]"...for there is nothing good for a man under the sun except to eat and to drink and to be gay..." (Eccle. 8:15 MARY)

2 SAM. 1:26,[KJV] "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"

Romans 14:14,[MARY]"There is nothing un-natural of itself."

Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."

Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"

That is just for starters! If two men agree to have gay sex or get married Jesus tells us that his father accepts it, indeed, the Bible informs us there is a time for homosexuality, even a season for sodomy. Homosexuality is not unnatural and all of this contradicts those 6 anti-gay verses.

But contradictions are standard fare in the Bible, for instance:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

If anyone uses the Bible to tell them about homosexuality they will be deceived and confused. Remember God's favorite person King David married his male lover Jonathan. Of course all the homophobic translations leave the good parts out.[there are 233 translations in English that biblicists claim are the word of God].

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2089 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one argument: 3 does NOT equal 2
I realize that this is too simple for you to grasp.
I wonder if Frankie Rizzo ever bothers to look at how his posts are rated? He has more "nuts" than everyone else combined. And "clueless" is right up there. As is "disagree" and "lemon" and "off topic".

A normal person would seek help or go somewhere where his posts are appreciated. Maybe no such place exists that would appreciate him participating, so he continues to post here and get more negative thumbs down that everyone else combined.

I find abnormal confrontational psychopathic behaviour a very strange phenomenon.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2090 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. Prove it doesn't. Skip the angry ad hominem bullsh!t.
Polygamy is only the business of the people involved. The Government has no legitimate right to restrict the private contracts people make with other peaceful consenting adults.

The Government can not restrain itself and we are now required to obey 2.5 million laws.

I do not want the government sticking its nose into my business whether I want to marry a man or two women. It is not the business of the government what my peaceful activities are with other consenting adults.

Even if I want to do something "wrong" [in the eyes of the majority] I have the right to do those things with other peaceful consenting adults who wish to do them with me.

Each time we give the Government the power to regulate and control something it gets bigger and it is only a matter of time before it turns around and begins to regulate and control everything.

If the Government can prohibit gay marriage then it can prohibit straight divorce.

Each time one advocates laws be passed against peaceful people you are threatening your own freedom. No one, even polygamists should have their rights voted on.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2091 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You know them better than I. What is it about 20 states by now who have abandoned the notion that marriage has to be heterosexual for social stability.
Huh????????

Marriage has to be heterosexual for social stability????? WTF??????? I believe those 20 States realize that marriage provides social stability.... sexuality has NOTHING to do with it. Besides, it was NEVER spelled out ONLY A MAN AND A WOMAN until the fundies got their panties in a bunch and ammeded their Constitutions. It's fairly obvious the motivation for that was to punish homosexuals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 15 min Quirky 144
Patricia Larsen: Stop the meanness 42 min Interesting 6
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 3 hr Hazel 665
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 3 hr NoahLovesU 29,174
Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage wo... 5 hr Rick in Kansas 52
Baker faces complaint for refusing anti-gay mes... 6 hr Wondering 31
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 6 hr Gib 430
More from around the web