Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2466 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

Sparkle

Bellevue, WA

#1657 Aug 24, 2013
Paint it black wrote:
<quoted text>No it's agent disgust.
Ya well if you hadn't been such a loser maybe we would have won that war

Love Lilith
Paint it black

Sydney, Australia

#1658 Aug 24, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Ya well if you hadn't been such a loser maybe we would have won that war
Love Lilith
Nixon wouldn't let us go nuke or we would have won.
Paint it black

Sydney, Australia

#1659 Aug 24, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
You give your self too much credit...You've learned nothing.
Kept you fruits free, try same sex in Russia?
Sparkle

Bellevue, WA

#1660 Aug 24, 2013
Paint it black wrote:
<quoted text>Kept you fruits free, try same sex in Russia?
you didn't keep anyone free... you lost remember
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#1661 Aug 24, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>you didn't keep anyone free... you lost remember
We won every battle and should have easily won the war. Even the NVA admit that. It's you fools back home who lost the war. Thanks a lot. Don't blame us. I didn't see you over there.

The injustice of you surrendering and then telling veterans that they lost is disgusting.

Freedom is not free. Thank a veteran.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#1662 Aug 24, 2013
Paint it black wrote:
<quoted text>Nixon wouldn't let us go nuke or we would have won.
People like her wouldn't let us win.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1663 Aug 24, 2013
Streight outta Hell wrote:
<quoted text>You married to a man? Hell I fought for you in Nam, if I hadn't you would be speaking chinckenese now.
Deluded much? How the hell did Viet Nam change anything?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1664 Aug 24, 2013
Paint it black wrote:
<quoted text>Nixon wouldn't let us go nuke or we would have won.
Won what exactly?
Eric

United States

#1665 Aug 24, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one prove non-existence, Einstein?
Your smart you can figure it out!!!
Eric

United States

#1666 Aug 24, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. Time to dig out your LOGIC FOR 1st GRADERS book.
The rules of logic and science indicate that there must be some kind of basis (either in substance or in thought) for an assertion or else it must be denied. An assertion, without evidence, is not accepted as true. That is the default position, the position that defines what critical thought is. Critical thought means not believing things you are told unless there is evidence to back it up. And without critical thought, logic and science are abandoned, and this is the only kind of productive thought humanity has ever come up with. To reject critical thought is to turn one’s back on thinking and embrace the Dark Ages.
Catch my drift? You have no evidence, therefore your assertion is denied.
oh i catch your drift alright embrace reason forget about this whole idea that God judges sin and go with the flow... To reject God is going to bring his judgement!!! If you don't believe in that look at Israel to-day, it was destroyed completely in 70 A.d. and didn't get it back until 1948 if you don't believe that read your history books God judged Corazin and Bethsaida, if you don't believe that look at Archaeology the fact of the matter is that there is a God, and he doesn't let sin slide he will judge one way or another whether we think its just or not... He judged Babylon, he judged Assyria, he judged Ashkelon among many other cities...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#1667 Aug 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Won what exactly?
The war. The one that Sparkle likes to taunt us that we "lost". When it is she who lost it for us. We didn't lose, the cowards back home lost.

We were drafted. They didn't ask us or tell us what the war was about.
Eric

United States

#1668 Aug 24, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your interpretation of a few lines of scripture does, and that's quite different.
Please list ALL of the scriptures that accurately describe people who can only be attracted to the same gender. Then, prove that the scriptures that you believe to be specifically about gay people can NEVER apply to heterosexuals.
I will never understand why you would think that a natural and harmless trait, un-chosen by those who share it, unchangeable by those who share it, a God-Given trait, can be a "sin". It's not even a behavior, like every other sin must be.
Aren't all sins chosen? Are they all harmful? Being gay is not.
And here we are talking about MARRIAGE - touted by Christians as a healthy and moral choice. You only complain of gay people make the SAME choice, for all the SAME reasons. That's just nuts.
And that's why your message will always be rejected. Because it's not reality based, and is harmful to people who have done nothing to deserve the harm.
Read it word for word without taking anything out of context or twisting it to your own liking, my friend and you will come to the same conclusion...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1669 Aug 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> oh i catch your drift alright embrace reason forget about this whole idea that God judges sin and go with the flow... To reject God is going to bring his judgement!!!.....
speaking of God's judgement when are you planning on starting to practice what you preach?
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus.“Teacher,” he asked,“what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied.“How do you read it?”
27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus,“And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said:“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper.‘Look after him,’ he said,‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied,“The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him,“Go and do likewise.”

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1670 Aug 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Read it word for word without taking anything out of context or twisting it to your own liking, my friend and you will come to the same conclusion...

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus.“Teacher,” he asked,“what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus,“And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said:“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper.‘Look after him,’ he said,‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1671 Aug 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Read it word for word without taking anything out of context or twisting it to your own liking, my friend and you will come to the same conclusion...
OK

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”[a] 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1672 Aug 24, 2013
Paint it black wrote:
<quoted text>Kept you fruits free, try same sex in Russia?
You kept us free? Really? Is that why laws don't allow me to marry? To donate blood? To own a gun?

You served our nation is a sucky war. Nothing more. I thank you for that service but that service doesn't make you a hero.

If you were STILL fighting for freedom instead of posting racist and homophobic CRAP I MIGHT consider you a real man.

I know many people who also served and you are not in the same class they are. THEY REALLY believe in the Constitution and equality. They DON'T use their service to put others down or to boost their egos. Instead they still fight to defend the Constitution and those who still need it's laws enforced.

You fought for glory and ego, not for anyone's freedom.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1673 Aug 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The war. The one that Sparkle likes to taunt us that we "lost". When it is she who lost it for us. We didn't lose, the cowards back home lost.
Oh get real. You got your asses kicked and needed to be pulled out to save your sorry asses.

You guys spent most the time getting high or drunk and being scared to death.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1674 Aug 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange but I didn't see either of you get to North VietNam! If you were so good we wouldn't have lost.

The USA got it's ass kicked in Viet Nam just like Russia did in Afghanistan.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#1675 Aug 24, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh get real. You got your asses kicked and needed to be pulled out to save your sorry asses.
You guys spent most the time getting high or drunk and being scared to death.
You pulled us out of a fight we were winning and say we lost.

They didn't ask me if I wanted to fight. I didn't.

We won every battle we fought. You cowards lost the war.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#1676 Aug 24, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Strange but I didn't see either of you get to North VietNam! If you were so good we wouldn't have lost.
The USA got it's ass kicked in Viet Nam just like Russia did in Afghanistan.
We weren't trying to get to North Vietnam moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 12 min iamcuriousnow 14,172
News Free Woods: 19th century community unique in area (Feb '11) 2 hr Draius Jesse Ballard 6
News PolitiFact NH: Did Margaret Sanger believe Afri... (Oct '15) 6 hr Bill Clinton 6
News Lesbian granted rights of 'husband' in same-sex... (May '17) 11 hr Harry Pothead 37
News Cross-border wedding held as California 'Door o... 18 hr Suezanne 1
News Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in... Mon Randomutation 143
News Organization of Arab Student celebrates culture... Mon Oliver Canterberry 11
More from around the web