Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2468 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1020 Jul 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> If Paul was preaching heresy why did the apsotle Peter say this in 2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation, even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own damnation. Paul himself said that if any man preaches anyother gospel let him be accursed. So if Paul was preaching something contrary to what the other apostles were preaching why didn't Peter give a warning to these people he was writing to, to beware of Pauls doctrine?
What makes you think Peter wrote 2nd Peter or any of the other stuff? The fact that Peter was in a political and religious battle over who was the new leader might have something to do with this.

His endorsement of Paul was political not spiritual.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1021 Jul 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
It still is.
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away ...(Rev 21:1).
SO now you claim Paul wrote The Revelation of John!

TOO funny and clueless.

That shovel you're using is gonna need a new blade soon!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1022 Jul 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... and what would that be, considering that the contexts of Genesis 1:22 and 9:1 should be obvious to most readers?
Which version? Yours? The original Hebrew? The Aramaic that was commonly spoken then?

Let's compare translations since you like the Amplified version.
New International Version (©2011)
God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth."

New Living Translation (©2007)
Then God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply. Let the fish fill the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth."

English Standard Version (©2001)
And God blessed them, saying,“Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
So God blessed them, "Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the waters of the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth."

International Standard Version (©2012)
God blessed them by saying, "Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the oceans. Let the birds multiply throughout the earth!"

NET Bible (©2006)
God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
God blessed them and said, "Be fertile, increase in number, fill the sea, and let there be many birds on the earth."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he blessed them, saying: Increase and multiply, and fill the waters of the sea: and let the birds be multiplied upon the earth.

Darby Bible Translation
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply on the earth.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth."

Young's Literal Translation
And God blesseth them, saying,'Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and the fowl let multiply in the earth:'

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1023 Jul 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... and what would that be, considering that the contexts of Genesis 1:22 and 9:1 should be obvious to most readers?
Reading Gen 1:22 one could also interpret that to mean God wanted us all to be chicken farmers and own aquarium stores!

And it says NOTHING about "marriage being one man one woman"
!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1024 Jul 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>In Christianity ala Paul, a Christian is to walk the path of Jesus, do as He did, don't do as He didn't. The reward is heaven, the catch is He never married and He certainly never did that, so if you're going to talk the talk, your highest calling was to walk the walk. It's why for its first 1500 years, in the Western Christian church, marriage was only for those who had already fornicated themselves up a spiritual b*st*rd.
And in France and Italy if a woman wanted a divorce her husband had to have sex in front of witnesses with a prostitute to prove he was impotent!

I've searched the whole Bible and can't find how they came up with THAT rule!
Eric

United States

#1025 Jul 21, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think Peter wrote 2nd Peter or any of the other stuff? The fact that Peter was in a political and religious battle over who was the new leader might have something to do with this.
His endorsement of Paul was political not spiritual.
I never said Paul did write it all i said was that Peter was commenting on the writings of Paul!!! And ahh i think we should look at the context a little bit as far as i can tell from the context. Peter doesn't say anything negative about Paul,which he would have if he was trying to get in a political postion Peter probably would have said something negative about Paul...
Eric

United States

#1026 Jul 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>In Christianity ala Paul, a Christian is to walk the path of Jesus, do as He did, don't do as He didn't. The reward is heaven, the catch is He never married and He certainly never did that, so if you're going to talk the talk, your highest calling was to walk the walk. It's why for its first 1500 years, in the Western Christian church, marriage was only for those who had already fornicated themselves up a spiritual b*st*rd.
Read 1 & 2 Corrintthians

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#1027 Jul 21, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Pointing out how badly Muslims treat gays and lesbians isn't the same as justifying how badly chriSTAINS treat gays and lesbians.
I believe they are routinely killed as part of Shariah Law.
:-(

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1028 Jul 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it helps to actually read a post BEFORE you edit down for your reply. The way Paul intended for Christians to be fruitful and multiply didn't involve baby making ...
Odd you would think that way since Paul wrote extensively about marriage and children are often the natural result of that union.
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>
Still avoiding my question ...
No, I'm avoiding you; as the saying goes, "He who argues with an idiot ..."

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#1029 Jul 22, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd you would think that way since Paul wrote extensively about marriage and children are often the natural result of that union.
But nowhere does it say that children are required for such a union.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1030 Jul 22, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly where did I say it did in "... Paul wrote extensively about marriage and children are often the NATURAL RESULT of that union"?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1031 Jul 22, 2013
Eric wrote:
> Read 1 & 2 Corrintthians
If you've been reading along, you would have figured out that I already have read them, along with the rest of the book.

this one

#1032 Jul 22, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Yes dear, he wrote extensively about marriage and children, but that doesn't change the reality that he viewed marriage as the last resort of the morally failed and the sex within it to produce said children, completely unnecessary in the life of the good Christian. You seem to be forgetting that Paul's legacy was a Western Christianity/Catholicism that treated marriage as a last resort for the already hell-bound for the next 14 centuries. In order to marry, without special dispensation, you had to have successfully sinned your way into a moral dilemma that would need baptizing. Wanna try and tell me again that Paul was really teaching something different than what I've said? The man abandoned his family for his road trip for Jesus. You put God first, for Paul there was no second for the Christian, you put God only in your life. Paul taught that if you weren't married, as a Christian, you shouldn't. Jesus Himself taught that your family in God was important than your physical one, if your faith ripped that one apart, so be it. All of Paul's references to marriage and family are for the converts to the faith who come into the flock with them. They are not a primer for the newly wed. Sorry.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#1033 Jul 22, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
How very Christian, cowardice coupled with name calling, forgetting that "what you have done unto the least of them you have done to Me."
But that is to be expected when someone is unable to hold his own without shaking the mythology tree to see what quote falls out tries to argue Real logic.

this one

#1036 Jul 22, 2013
Quest wrote:
Joe DeCaro wrote:
And exactly where did I say it did in "... Paul wrote extensively about marriage and children are often the NATURAL RESULT of that union"?
My turn, my turn. Paul's 1400+ year legacy, was that in order to be married by the Western Church, you had to first have their blessing to fornicate for procreative purposes only and then come back for God's blessing of your marriage only when you had the proof that you had been successful, primarily in order for the Church to bless mommy, daddy and their little bundle of spiritual b*st*rd away from the gates of hell they had all just sent themselves to. In the eyes of the Church, procreation was THE requirement FOR marriage, it was also the requirement for any sex taking place after. You were only in there to make a baby and you had better not be taking any worldly pleasure in doing so, you were already committing a sin by fornicating for babies, don't compound it.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1037 Jul 22, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> I never said Paul did write it all i said was that Peter was commenting on the writings of Paul!!! And ahh i think we should look at the context a little bit as far as i can tell from the context. Peter doesn't say anything negative about Paul,which he would have if he was trying to get in a political postion Peter probably would have said something negative about Paul...
"Going to church doesn't make you any more a christian than going to a garage makes you a car. Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.

Your words mean nothing if your actions are the complete opposite. Having true faith in whatever you believe must be shown through actions; belief is only half the battle.

Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1038 Jul 22, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
If I say I'm lying when I say it's pointless to argue with someone who thinks I'm an idiot you'd have to disagree because you think I'm a liar and an idiot.

And you said I'm not that intelligent?

clever girl
Eric

Burbank, CA

#1039 Jul 22, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>"Going to church doesn't make you any more a christian than going to a garage makes you a car. Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.
Your words mean nothing if your actions are the complete opposite. Having true faith in whatever you believe must be shown through actions; belief is only half the battle.
Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
I aggree with you 100% I get my convictions from the Bible and if my convictions offend someone else I'm sorry but that is what I believe, and what I believe to be truth can be something entirely different then someone elses version of truth... Like Pilate asked Jesus Christ "What is truth?" you'll find truth in the Bible!!!
Eric

Burbank, CA

#1040 Jul 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If you've been reading along, you would have figured out that I already have read them, along with the rest of the book.
What about this verse 1 Corrinthians 7:1-2 Now concerning the things that ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

this one

#1041 Jul 22, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> What about this verse 1 Corrinthians 7:1-2 Now concerning the things that ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Paul taught that the Christian's first duty was to God and to do that you should walk in the ways of Jesus, which included neither marriage nor sex. Marriage is the fall back position for the morally weak, the next best thing to hell for those who can't keep their legs crossed for Jesus. Remember, Paul was saying that the return of Jesus was imminent and there were enough folk for Christians to try to save in the meantime without concerning themselves with such worldly behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 8 min NorCal Native 41
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min Brian_G 33,092
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 15 min flame of truth 1
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr Dana Robertson 3,712
News Josh and Anna Duggar Buy New House Despite Majo... 1 hr Religious pedophiles 2
News Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay ... 4 hr Willie Boy Was Here 9
News From middle-class Australian to Islamic State b... 6 hr St_Nick 5
More from around the web