Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2466 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#940 Jul 16, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Yes dear, I did. I was merely pointing out that any such attempt would be thrown out of court so fast that it would make the petitioner's head spin.
You mean like forcing Christian oriented companies and medical institutions into providing abortions, right? I have no doubt that eventually the next demand will be that a Church marry them, simply to stick a finger in their eye and try to dismantle any rejection of homosexual marriage from anyone or anywhere. That's human nature. Give an inch and they'll go for a yard later. Maybe you would never demand this, but don't assume that others won't.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#941 Jul 16, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't make them homosexual dear, he just gave them over to playing like them to deliver a message. You do realize that homosexual sex doesn't require the participation of anyone even remotely homosexual don't you?
Perhaps you have forgotten that it is required that a man become sexually aroused before he can have sex, and if another man arouses him, he is homosexual. And I thought that people were either born homosexual or not, at least according to the story everyone here wants to tell?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#942 Jul 16, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I've given you chance after chance to engage in substantive discussions of your take on what the Bible really has to say and why it says it, but all you want to do is whine about being called dear.
Why do you even have to say sweetie? It's because this discussion makes you angry so you want to show your distain. Don't even bother to lie about that, as it's far too obvious
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
But what should I expect, you couldn't figure out God's message when the delivery boy had you bent over a marble pew at the worship service for Priapus, figuratively speaking.
It's pretty obvious that you are willing to make God's message into whatever you need it to be. That seems to be human nature. As I have said repeatedly, I wish the Bible didn't say what it did sometimes and that would make life easier for a lot of people, but it clearly does. And I wasn't even the first person to bring the Bible into the discussion, it was actually other homosexual defenders here who did, which surprised me. I wouldn't even normally bother as I know that most homosexuals spit at the Bible because they don't like what it says about them. And there have even been many, right here in this discussion who have basically said, eff the Bible. Those people are rational. They don't try to rewrite the Bible, they merely throw it out.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#943 Jul 16, 2013
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe rick calls you 'sweetie' because he knows how much you really want him.
It reminds me of that Dice Man joke where he says, I don't get homosexuality, how can a guy look at some other guy's hairy azz and say oh yeah, I ain't leavin the beach till I talk to that. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#944 Jul 16, 2013
Anyway, I think that's enough for me. Getting tired of being in some angry, scratchy little cat fight.

raaaaarrrrr!!! fsst fsst. LOL!!!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#945 Jul 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
You mean like forcing Christian oriented companies and medical institutions into providing abortions, right?
While they have every right to their beliefs, "Christian oriented companies" and medical institutions are operating in the public square that is shared by those who do not share in those beliefs. The state is not there to enforce your beliefs on them, any more than they are there to enforce their beliefs on you, they merely referee when disputes arise.
Seeker wrote:
I have no doubt that eventually the next demand will be that a Church marry them, simply to stick a finger in their eye and try to dismantle any rejection of homosexual marriage from anyone or anywhere.
Hon, if this were such a brilliant idea, why haven't heterosexuals been doing that for generations? I mean, come on, you've known you've had the right to marry and there are all these places that won't let you marry because you don't "qualify". SUE!!!! If you want to get married at St Patrick's, it shouldn't matter if you are practicing Satanists, you have the right to be married and you do have one of each. No, it's going to be a strictly homosexual thing to do, because that's just the way we are. Sigh.
Seeker wrote:
That's human nature.
Heterosexuality as a learning disorder? Here y'all come up with this absolutely smashing idea to start suing places of worship that will deny you your right to be married, but you need a homosexual to make it work.
Seeker wrote:
Give an inch and they'll go for a yard later.
No dear, just that which is ours by right.
Seeker wrote:
Maybe you would never demand this, but don't assume that others won't.
Opposite sex couples can demand this too you know, in all 50 states by the way, they have no right to it in any of them and neither would we.

this one

#946 Jul 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Why do you even have to say sweetie? It's because this discussion makes you angry so you want to show your distain. Don't even bother to lie about that, as it's far too obvious

It's pretty obvious that you are willing to make God's message into whatever you need it to be. That seems to be human nature. As I have said repeatedly, I wish the Bible didn't say what it did sometimes and that would make life easier for a lot of people, but it clearly does. And I wasn't even the first person to bring the Bible into the discussion, it was actually other homosexual defenders here who did, which surprised me. I wouldn't even normally bother as I know that most homosexuals spit at the Bible because they don't like what it says about them. And there have even been many, right here in this discussion who have basically said, eff the Bible. Those people are rational. They don't try to rewrite the Bible, they merely throw it out.
I'm simply relating the plot as written. Paul, writing to the leaders of the Christian Church in Rome, tells them that he has heard reports of Christians engaging in idolatry and that those who had done this and those who allowed it to happen, he tells them had all been given over to a reprobate mind by God as a consequence of their actions and inaction. God makes the point that if you walk away from His first commandment to you, or allow others to walk away, you're f*cked and he makes His point with some dude's d*ck. Paul says this was supposed to be a wake up call, you keep hitting the snooze button dreaming of 1st century homo-erotica.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#947 Jul 16, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm simply relating the plot as written. Paul, writing to the leaders of the Christian Church in Rome, tells them that he has heard reports of Christians engaging in idolatry and that those who had done this and those who allowed it to happen, he tells them had all been given over to a reprobate mind by God as a consequence of their actions and inaction. God makes the point that if you walk away from His first commandment to you, or allow others to walk away, you're f*cked and he makes His point with some dude's d*ck. Paul says this was supposed to be a wake up call, you keep hitting the snooze button dreaming of 1st century homo-erotica.
Are you honestly serious? So being f*cked because you walked away from God's first commandment means having some guy stick his penis up your butt, while this is what "perhaps" yourself "butt" surely many other homosexuals willingly allow to happen? So you are saying that this only involves people being involuntarily raped up the butt, and not consensual homosexual activity? And if it's consensual, then why are they f*cked or to be considered punished, when homosexuals do that anyway? You or other homosexuals don't seem to think so, if you have no problem with it. Why would you call something like that a punishment if homosexuals often allow themselves to do that to each other? It's just amazing what stories the human mind will tell it self when it thinks that it needs to. Many many contradictions surfacing.

this one

#948 Jul 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you honestly serious? So being f*cked because you walked away from God's first commandment means having some guy stick his penis up your butt, while this is what "perhaps" yourself "butt" surely many other homosexuals willingly allow to happen? So you are saying that this only involves people being involuntarily raped up the butt, and not consensual homosexual activity? And if it's consensual, then why are they f*cked or to be considered punished, when homosexuals do that anyway? You or other homosexuals don't seem to think so, if you have no problem with it. Why would you call something like that a punishment if homosexuals often allow themselves to do that to each other? It's just amazing what stories the human mind will tell it self when it thinks that it needs to. Many many contradictions surfacing.
Are you always this obtuse or is this special just for me? Sweetie, Paul said the sex he was talking about was God's wake up call to Christians about engaging in idolatry. He was telling them with somebody's you know what that this is what fooling around with other Gods gets you, at which point the Roman Christian was to wake up, say oh my God, this other God isn't for me. Paul was talking to folk he assumed to be straight, it's why the message worked.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#949 Jul 16, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Are you always this obtuse or is this special just for me? Sweetie, Paul said the sex he was talking about was God's wake up call to Christians about engaging in idolatry. He was telling them with somebody's you know what that this is what fooling around with other Gods gets you, at which point the Roman Christian was to wake up, say oh my God, this other God isn't for me. Paul was talking to folk he assumed to be straight, it's why the message worked.
Why do you take the time to respond to that poster when they really don't give a damn about what you or anyone else posts?

this one

#950 Jul 16, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Why do you take the time to respond to that poster when they really don't give a damn about what you or anyone else posts?
Got the time to waste at the moment, so I waste it doing this.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#951 Jul 16, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Got the time to waste at the moment, so I waste it doing this.
Okay, just asking......hope all is well!!
Diane

Encinitas, CA

#953 Jul 16, 2013
Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ said in the last days people will think to change God's laws. The Gay's can change the world's standards their way, but they are not changing God's law at all. They have no power over God Almighty. He still rules.

this one

#954 Jul 16, 2013
Diane wrote:
Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ said in the last days people will think to change God's laws. The Gay's can change the world's standards their way, but they are not changing God's law at all. They have no power over God Almighty. He still rules.
If that is what you want to believe, that would be between you and God, there are however many Christians who do not share in your choice of beliefs. Despite your certainty in God's agreement with your prayers in this matter, you do not speak for Him. He decides who has gotten His Christianity right, not His Christians.

sarahomo

“Sara for Fun (( M 2 F ))”

Since: Aug 10

Bahrain

#955 Jul 17, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If that is what you want to believe, that would be between you and God, there are however many Christians who do not share in your choice of beliefs. Despite your certainty in God's agreement with your prayers in this matter, you do not speak for Him. He decides who has gotten His Christianity right, not His Christians.
thanks Rick to let people to understand the real roles of life ..i hope thy could mediating in their religious beliefs, and not to involve others in the sensitive topics of humanity, we created for live in, not to create the problems between us in how to living.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#956 Jul 17, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... Paul was talking to folk he assumed to be straight
Then Paul wasn't talking to you?

So who else wasn't Paul talking to, Ricky, even though he wrote that he would become all things to all men (1 Cor. 9:22)?

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#957 Jul 17, 2013
'Al Qaeda militants shoot dead Yemeni man accused of being gay

Two militants from an al Qaeda-linked group shot dead a Yemeni man in the southern Lahj province, accusing him of being a homosexual, a police source said on Tuesday.

The attackers from the Ansar al-Sharia group, which is on the US terror list, opened fire at 20-year-old Hashem al-Asmi late Monday in the provincial capital of Huj, the source told AFP, adding that the gunmen fled on their motorbike after killing Asmi.

The attackers who "accused the man of being gay... belong to Ansar al-Shariah," the source said on condition of anonymity.'
http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/2013/07/16/a...

'Security officials say at least 33 people have been killed in similar attacks in the past two years. Most of the extrajudicial killings took place in the southern province of Abyan in 2011 when al-Qaida was in control of large swaths of territory.'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...

this one

#958 Jul 17, 2013
sarahomo wrote:
thanks Rick to let people to understand the real roles of life ..i hope thy could mediating in their religious beliefs, and not to involve others in the sensitive topics of humanity, we created for live in, not to create the problems between us in how to living.
Folk have the right to read the Bible and to see God however they see fit and they should enjoy the freedom to express those beliefs, but what they need to understand is that everybody else enjoys the same rights and freedom they do and they aren't always going to agree with them. People who tell us what the Bible says and God wants, don't always seem to realize that they are only speaking for their choices and prayers and assume in the absolute certainty of their beliefs that they have already been given all the answers.

this one

#959 Jul 17, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Then Paul wasn't talking to you?
Paul was writing to the leadership of the Christian Church of Rome and its adherent Christians who were living in the early second half of the 1st century of the Common Era. He wasn't writing to future generations, he wasn't even foreseeing the need for them. He wasn't writing to me or you, or anyone else in the present tense for that matter, because in his teachings, Jesus should have been back already, we weren't going to be here. He is addressing THEIR violating God's first commandment and the message that God sent THEM as to just how f*cked THEY were. You, me, us, we weren't supposed to be here to even read it. Since Paul obviously got that part of his teaching wrong and there were future generations of Christians and others, some of whom kept insisting that Paul had something to say to them and future generations that will probably now be coming until Jesus does get back. The question becomes one of, given the false presumption that all of Paul's teachings are based on, that Jesus is going to be right back in his present tense, what message are we supposed to get from Paul's letter to folk who died 19 odd centuries ago? I know that his message wasn't meant to be "learned" in fortune cookie sized bits and pieces ripped from their original context and tortured into saying something that they clearly don't. Paul said God was emphasizing His point to the people Paul was actually writing about and to with some dude's d*ck and people who NOW insist that these out of context verses are actually condemning of "homosexuality/homosexual s/homosexual acts" in the present tense, to me would have been the the ones in Paul's day who got God's message being delivered to them at the same sex orgy for whatever God they were into and missed it entirely.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#960 Jul 17, 2013
WAITUP wrote:
<quoted text>
And I say you won't be among us either Rosy Potutty. A rose from Hobroken is still a weed from anywhere else. The weeds always get ho'd.
Gee..... I'm not invited to your imaginary tea party in the sky? Aw shucks.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Organization of Arab Student celebrates culture... 18 min Oliver Canterberry 9
News Lesbian granted rights of 'husband' in same-sex... (May '17) 40 min Rainbow Kid 34
News $20m same-sex marriage survey underspend should... 4 hr Rainbow Kid 4
News Our latent racism (Jun '16) 7 hr Be wary of trolls 40
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 hr positronium 14,076
News Anti-gay married Republican quits after he is c... 14 hr youll shoot your ... 61
News Free Woods: 19th century community unique in area (Feb '11) Sat Versa Havard Brown 5
More from around the web