Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2468 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#750 Jul 9, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
My anger and disgust with people like you originates from the real experience of dealing with the human cost of your bigotry. My first partner was beaten and gang raped and was so shattered she subsequently took her own life.
Well, I didn't do that nor would I ever do such a thing. So when you say "people like you", you are wrong. But this is what I knew the problem with this discussion is. Anything that I say will not be my own words, it will be the words of some abusive person that you experienced from you past. So with that attitude, reasonable discussion can never be had and instead it will all be emotional and defensive. A reasonable discussion simply cannot be had with someone who has such strong emotions about the issue.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#751 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I didn't do that nor would I ever do such a thing. So when you say "people like you", you are wrong. But this is what I knew the problem with this discussion is. Anything that I say will not be my own words, it will be the words of some abusive person that you experienced from you past. So with that attitude, reasonable discussion can never be had and instead it will all be emotional and defensive. A reasonable discussion simply cannot be had with someone who has such strong emotions about the issue.
I didn't say you did, I said you were the perpetuator of ideas that inspire such things.

Reading your post, I really pity you. If your ideas aren't invested with your heart and soul you live a artificial life, and worse, you're a coward. Self amputation is safe, but life only has a richness of meaning if you have the courage to be fully invested in it, for sorrow and for joy. You can't affect the whole purpose of meaning for yourself or your place in the world unless what you have to offer both yourself and the world has the fullness of your being in it. I'm sorry my passion disturbs you-your life is diminished as a result. This simple post, out of all the words you have written, tells me who you are, and you know, I repent: You aren't the object of my anger for your words, you're the object of my pity for the crippled-ness that inspires them.

Peace,

Out

RubyJ

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#752 Jul 9, 2013
Closing thought:

A rabbi asked his students when they knew night had ended, as that was the time for certain prayers. "Is it" asked a student, "when we can see an animal in the distance and know whether it is a sheep or a goat?". "No" says the rabbi. "Is it when you can clearly see the lines of your palm?". "No" says the Rabbi. "Is it when you can see a tree in the distance and see whether it is a fig or a palm?"."No" says the Rabbi. "When is it then?" asked the students. The rabbi said, "It is when you can look in the face of every man and womyn and see they are your brother and sister. Until then it is still night.".

Stumbling, but nonetheless headed towards the day,

RubyJ
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#753 Jul 9, 2013
No no, nobody is overly emotional at all. Nah. LOL!!! It's like the person who shouts "I'm not shouting!!". Yes, you have pity for me because you don't like my views because they don't suit your needs or desires. That's all that is going on. People tell themselves all sorts of nonsense to make themselves feel better and deal with cognitive dissonance.

I have never treated any homosexual with any cruelty at all and I believe in tolerance as ultimately it's not for me to judge, but I draw the line when asked to put my rubber stamp of approval on it, that's all.

And that was what the people of California were being asked to do and they clearly said no. And the courts came in and rammed it down their throats anyway, and by as slim of a margin as possible. And we both know that if the people of California said they approved, and the courts overturned it, you would be screaming bloody murder and no fair, and the will of the people should stand. But, when it works in your favor, you are perfectly fine with it.

People don't really want fairness and justice, they want what they want. It's that simple. Fairness and justice isn't found anywhere in nature except the human mind, and it was invented by the human mind as a tool to get what they want, and so was guilt. Why do you think everybody has differing opinions on what justice is given any specific situation? It's because justice is decided by what they believe is in their own self interest.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#754 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I quoted their statement about what most scientists think. They think it is a complex interaction between environmental factors, cognitive factors and biological factors. I don't see any link for your consensus, and I see no official statement from a credible source that matches exactly what you claim. And genetics and biology are kind of meant to be synonymous, which is why the statement about what most scientists believe that I quoted, said biology and never even said genetics. But it is to be assumed that when saying biology, genetics is included.
And this post was marked as mean and incendiary. I challenge anybody to find one shred of meanness in this post. But nobody is actually reading the actual words, they are reading someone from their past history and adding or subtracting words to posts, and I think the judgment of the above past post is proof of that.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#755 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
but I draw the line when asked to put my rubber stamp of approval on it, that's all.
No one has EVER asked for your approval or acceptance......all that Gays and Lesbians ever wanted was THE RIGHT TO DECIDE for themselves who and if they wanted to get married......and then once married, they wanted their legal marriage treated like other legal marriages were by their State and Federal Government.......individual acceptance or approval was NEVER what was being sought!!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#756 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And this post was marked as mean and incendiary. I challenge anybody to find one shred of meanness in this post. But nobody is actually reading the actual words, they are reading someone from their past history and adding or subtracting words to posts, and I think the judgment of the above past post is proof of that.
Look, you and I agree on exactly nothing, don't get worked up about the little flags that people click on your posts. People who hate you will blast your posts with them no matter what your content is.

Most of us don't pay attention to them for that reason.
Clarence

Medford, OR

#757 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
No no, nobody is overly emotional at all. Nah. LOL!!! It's like the person who shouts "I'm not shouting!!". Yes, you have pity for me because you don't like my views because they don't suit your needs or desires. That's all that is going on. People tell themselves all sorts of nonsense to make themselves feel better and deal with cognitive dissonance.
I have never treated any homosexual with any cruelty at all and I believe in tolerance as ultimately it's not for me to judge, but I draw the line when asked to put my rubber stamp of approval on it, that's all.
And that was what the people of California were being asked to do and they clearly said no. And the courts came in and rammed it down their throats anyway, and by as slim of a margin as possible. And we both know that if the people of California said they approved, and the courts overturned it, you would be screaming bloody murder and no fair, and the will of the people should stand. But, when it works in your favor, you are perfectly fine with it.
People don't really want fairness and justice, they want what they want. It's that simple. Fairness and justice isn't found anywhere in nature except the human mind, and it was invented by the human mind as a tool to get what they want, and so was guilt. Why do you think everybody has differing opinions on what justice is given any specific situation? It's because justice is decided by what they believe is in their own self interest.
Looks to me your lack of empathy is only exceeded by you ability to rationalize

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#758 Jul 9, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you and I agree on exactly nothing, don't get worked up about the little flags that people click on your posts. People who hate you will blast your posts with them no matter what your content is.
My philosophy is:
If they give you lemons on your post, make lemonade.
If they put nuts on your post, make peanut butter.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#759 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
As a natural trait, being gay isn't something anyone can "put a stamp of approval on". It exists with or without ANYONE's approval, mine, yours, or the world's, and cannot be eradicated, except through killing every gay person on the planet, now and in the future.

That stamp of approval is added to or denied with regard to treating gay law-abiding taxpaying citizens like other law-abiding taxpaying citizens. That's it.

And as one of those gay law-abiding, taxpaying American citizens, I am going to fight any person who tries to make me legally "less" than any other law-abiding American taxpayer.

As you would do.

The fact that some of them may choose to use a vote to harm me and my family doesn't make that fight any less vital or valid.

I would never vote to deny your ability to legally marry, regardless of how much I disagree with you, or from any straight person. Why should I allow you, or any other person, no matter how "well meaning", to do that to me?

My family is too important to me to ever give up that fight.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#760 Jul 9, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that and I don't pay much attention to it either. And you are 100% right and I know why they do it. But every once in a while, these people have to be called on what they do, and that post they judged was the perfect example and perfect time to do it. And it does prove my point that the whole issue is so emotional, that it just can't be talked about in any honest, rational way. Nobody is going to read what I post, they are going to read people from their past in my posts and add or subtract to my posts. Objectivity is non existent in this thread. Maybe you might be the sole exception. I think my participation has been completely pointless and I take heed of that. This is a giant waste of time. There is nothing that can ever be said to someone in a highly emotional state, and I should know better.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#761 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they are both as freaky. And btw, other homosexuals here have even defined the difference between pedophiles and molesters for me. So both pedophilia itself, without actual actions where it becomes criminal, and homosexuality with actions, are considered "sexual orientations" that one is born with, even though I'm not positive that this is the case in either case. I'm just showing the mirror and the hypocrisy while gay people call people who think homosexuality is bizarre to be haters, and then turn around and do the same thing to pedophiles as they claim that heterosexuals do to them. As far as I'm concerned, they both have sexual disorders and somewhere along the lines, for whatever reason, the wires got crossed. How many times do I have to repeat the same thing?
Is that your professional opinion, Doctor? I didn't think so.... But then why would psychiatrists, who have 12+ years of medical training know better than you, eh?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#762 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I quoted their statement about what most scientists think. They think it is a complex interaction between environmental factors, cognitive factors and biological factors. I don't see any link for your consensus, and I see no official statement from a credible source that matches exactly what you claim. And genetics and biology are kind of meant to be synonymous, which is why the statement about what most scientists believe that I quoted, said biology and never even said genetics. But it is to be assumed that when saying biology, genetics is included.
When they say "environment" they are talking biology... the hormonal environment in the womb. No one 'learns' or 'chooses' or 'changes' their sexual orientation.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#763 Jul 9, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, despite the APA's statement, the consensus of those who are actually studying causality is that it is the result of combinations of genetics and biology. Sorry, but the truth is the truth.
Twin studies leave no doubt that genetics are involved in homosexuality. NO DOUBT.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#764 Jul 9, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
... So, my "friend" unlike yourself, my anger and disgust towards you is solidly justified.
In your own politically correct eyes perhaps, but as an old Chinese proverb goes, choose your enemies carefully ...

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#765 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
All I have to say bunny is that the APA and its membership is NOT studying causality and genetics and biology are not synonyms, moron.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#767 Jul 10, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from examiner:
"'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...'
"Thus far, we have not seen any such attempt to coerce Muslim Imam into performing a marriage between homosexuals in a Muslim Mosque, or force a Muslim owned marriage service business to do business with homosexuals. When that happens, what happens next should be very interesting.
"Under Islam, homosexuals are to be beaten publically, and, if they do not change their ways, killed. Yet, homosexuals abhor Christianity and Christians above all. We will see how long that lasts, given the rise of political Islam in this country. There will come a day when homosexuals in this country will fervently pray for a return of the tolerance of Christianity."
When and IF that happens I plan on screaming bloody murder and making it a major story.

Dear Friends:

The backlash has begun!

Please post this on all social media venues. This MUST be addressed:

I just created the following poll on TOPIX:

Is TOPIX allowing editors to censor/kill Gay and Lesbian stories on the Jacksonville FL and other local Forums?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#768 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that and I don't pay much attention to it either. And you are 100% right and I know why they do it. But every once in a while, these people have to be called on what they do, and that post they judged was the perfect example and perfect time to do it. And it does prove my point that the whole issue is so emotional, that it just can't be talked about in any honest, rational way. Nobody is going to read what I post, they are going to read people from their past in my posts and add or subtract to my posts. Objectivity is non existent in this thread. Maybe you might be the sole exception. I think my participation has been completely pointless and I take heed of that. This is a giant waste of time. There is nothing that can ever be said to someone in a highly emotional state, and I should know better.
Reading your posts is like watching someone trying to pick up a turd from the clean end!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#769 Jul 10, 2013
As I said, this topic is just too emotional to be discussed rationally and without anger. I've said what I've said, linked what I've linked and that's really all I should say about it anymore. If it makes people so angry, nothing contrary to what they want to hear will ever be considered.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#770 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
As I said, this topic is just too emotional to be discussed rationally and without anger. I've said what I've said, linked what I've linked and that's really all I should say about it anymore. If it makes people so angry, nothing contrary to what they want to hear will ever be considered.
Hey if you want to discuss it rational you should have said so at the beginning and not acted the way you did.

Instead you appealed to purely reactionary base emotions.

I'll be glad to go through the U.S. Constitution and help you understand it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barbara Bush (Feb '11) 40 min Barbara P Bush 7
News Backpedaling on same sex marriage? What did the... 11 hr Elizabeth1912 1
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... Sat Frogface Kate 63
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) Feb 24 Rainbow Kid 36,049
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Feb 23 Shiralee 5,286
News Muslim cleric tells Australians: 'Husbands shou... (Jan '09) Feb 23 Rabbeen Al Jihad 65
News OK divorce bill passes committee vote Feb 22 wontyoumarrymebill 1
More from around the web