Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2468 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#224 Jul 1, 2013
Quest wrote:
Do you have any proof that a single gay person has every changed their orientation?
It's very easy to check - just a couple of well placed sensors and some stimulation.
Just find us ONE.
But it's on YouTube, it has to be true.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#225 Jul 1, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any proof that a single gay person has every changed their orientation?
It's very easy to check - just a couple of well placed sensors and some stimulation.
Just find us ONE.
If want change Jesus is always there to help you.
Welcome California Num13

Toronto, Canada

#226 Jul 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
After 27 years of being a homo his life changed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aqdQ6_MAH2AXX
Nahhh......Jesus was a gay mortal man his whole life! Hadn't you heard? I mean all he ever hung out with were a group of big burly good looking men after all!

Was Jesus a gay man ? YES he was!

www.alternet.org/belief/155118/was_jesus_gay_...

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#227 Jul 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Some versions of Christianity are just a downright bummer. In order for us to get Jesus back the world has to go to hell in a hand basket, therefore the world is always going to hell in a hand basket. It has to, Jesus is going to be right back.
Right......real soon from what I hear......lol!!!

this one

#228 Jul 1, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Right......real soon from what I hear......lol!!!
All I know is that He told everybody to behave themselves, love God, love one another and He'll be right back. What His Christians did with that message, not His fault.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#229 Jul 1, 2013
fr Shamma:

>If want change Jesus is always there to help you.<

Here are a couple verses for YOU to look up and ponder on: "Judge not, lest YE be judged", and "Love thy neighbor as THYSELF".
Eric

United States

#230 Jul 1, 2013
Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the sin list; sugar
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
++++++++++
What about Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind... that really sounds like homosexuality to me and Paul was so bold to say that they wouldn't inherit heaven POLITICLY INCORRECT!!! And this verse in Leviticus goes to say that it is an abomination Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. and look at this verse Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. So according to these verses God does not let anything that is sin into heaven including Gays...

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#232 Jul 1, 2013
Gazan wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual marriage is just disgusting and an insult to God.
By the way, what is LGBT ?
Really? And so is using children as human shields.

#233 Jul 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>All I know is that He told everybody to behave themselves, love God, love one another and He'll be right back. What His Christians did with that message, not His fault.
Jesus has been coming right back for the last 2000 years.....so, define "RIGHT BACK?" I think he said that just to get rid of those who were bothering him.....lol!!!

#234 Jul 1, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And so is using children as human shields.
A Rose by any other name is still a thorn in one's azz.......lol!!!
Eric

United States

#235 Jul 1, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>
why do Christians worship a serial killing rapist god who makes osama binladen look like a boy scout ..
Careful there the person you're talking about died for osama bin laden he even died for hitler and stalin and mao and fidel castro. It wasn't his fault that these men so chose to turn their backs on him he gave them that right he doesn't force his salvation from sin on anyone he offers freedom from sin, and death it is just mankind who chooses to forsake him period, then conveniently for them whenever a catastrophe occurs God gets all the blame then we insult God by saying "God how could you let that happen?" My kid brother nearly died last year when his appendicitis burst, my uncle is in the hospital right now suffering from an infection, I nearly drowned in the river a few years ago, my friends kid brother has a bad spinal cord and has thus stunted his growth, and my other friends sister has cancer. What I have to realize is That our ways are not God's ways and his thought are not our thoughts!!!! There is one answer I can give you to the worlds problems... Jesus Christ!

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#237 Jul 1, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
A Rose by any other name is still a thorn in one's azz.......lol!!!
I hope to be a thorn in some fundie's ar$e, LOL.
Eric

United States

#238 Jul 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, it just means we're all in the same boat, sin wise, ours no better and no worse than your own. God sorts us out, we don't. Haven't you read the book?
Okay Macintosh sin wise we are in the same boat heading for the same hell except some of us have accepted Christ's way of salvation not man's ways. Now here is the way God sorts us out... Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone which is the second death. Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it (heaven) anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the lambs book of life.

“"Airdales Rock"”

Since: May 11

"Coastal Squadron 14,Vietnam"

#239 Jul 1, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> What about Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind... that really sounds like homosexuality to me and Paul was so bold to say that they wouldn't inherit heaven POLITICLY INCORRECT!!! And this verse in Leviticus goes to say that it is an abomination Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. and look at this verse Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. So according to these verses God does not let anything that is sin into heaven including Gays...
And just who the hell cares what your bible says? The bible has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread! The only thing that counts is "OUR" Constitution! We do NOT live in a theocracy oh great deluded one! How about you keep your fairy tale to yourself,we all don't have the same beliefs as you do and that is our right under our Constitution! Constitution trumps bible fool! I mean sheesh for Christs sakes!

#240 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope to be a thorn in some fundie's ar$e, LOL.
I'm sure some will agree that you are indeed a thorn in their backside......and maybe if they tried to have a serious discussion instead of a tantrum.....maybe they'd get it......but alas, they don't!!!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#241 Jul 2, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Sweetie but that's completely owned by religious conservatives ...
The way gays add letters to GLBT, they must think they own the whole alphabet.

But no matter how many letters you add, you're still only 3.5% of the US population, so who owns the "I" now?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#242 Jul 2, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
The way gays add letters to GLBT, they must think they own the whole alphabet.
But no matter how many letters you add, you're still only 3.5% of the US population, so who owns the "I" now?
Well, Muffin....religious conservatives do- but look at the security they have, knowing there are some pedestals they'll never be knocked off of.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#243 Jul 2, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Okay Macintosh sin wise we are in the same boat heading for the same hell except some of us have accepted Christ's way of salvation not man's ways. Now here is the way God sorts us out... Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone which is the second death. Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it (heaven) anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the lambs book of life.
Hey Hon, I heard Jesus has returned!!! He's at the bottom of Lake Michigan-why don't you tie an anchor around your neck and go look for him?

this one

#245 Jul 2, 2013
Eric wrote:
What about Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
What about the verses both before and after it that you have evidently haven't bothered to read? THE sin of the Romans was to violate God's first commandment, this verse, His first of a series of recompenses he gave them over to in retribution for the sin of IDOLATRY. There is one verse in that part of Paul's epistle you haven't read which clearly applies to you at the moment: "22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," .
Eric wrote:
1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind... that really sounds like homosexuality to me and Paul was so bold to say that they wouldn't inherit heaven POLITICLY INCORRECT!!!
I'm sorry that it sounds like homosexuality to you, it didn't to early Christians. According to the oldest known copies of Paul's work, that thing that sounds like homosexuality to you would not have sounded like "homosexuality", a same sex sex act or even like those who engage in them. To them, Paul was warning you not to play with yourself. There are a number of words in the form of ancient Greek used that would have been a very clear indictment of same sex sex acts and those who would engage in them, none were used, just a man/bed. While the concept that someone could be same sex attracted (you know, homosexuality) hadn't been explored, the concept of same sex acts was not alien to the audience in Corinth. Think about it.
Eric wrote:
And this verse in Leviticus goes to say that it is an abomination Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Are you in good standing with the other 600 odd Laws and Commandments in Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy? If not, why would that verse be relevant to anyone else? You are offending the very Laws and Commandments that you want to remind us of, Laws and Commandments you yourself are ignorant of except the ones about sex, which appear twice by the way and may even include one or more you may have run afoul of yourself. The penalty for all of them is death. There's a lot of death penalties in there for all sorts of "sins" and if y'all were half the literalists you wanna believe you are when it comes to your insistence on bringing a book you don't want to follow up, there'd be a heck of a lot fewer of y'all. So. Are we supposed to pay attention to the law of Moses or aren't we? If we are, when would you like to schedule your stoning? I don't suppose you gave that one a whole lot of thought now did you?
Eric wrote:
and look at this verse Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. So according to these verses God does not let anything that is sin into heaven including Gays...
What about your "sins" dear? You do realize that the reason you are seeing all these "sinners" around you isn't because you are able to look down at "them" from on your moralistic high, it's because you happen to be one of "them" puddin'. For the Bible tells me so.

Jesus said the second great commandment was to love your neighbor as you would love yourself. For some reason I thought I would toss that in.
Eric

United States

#246 Jul 2, 2013
AnyTimeAnyPlace wrote:
<quoted text>
And just who the hell cares what your bible says? The bible has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread! The only thing that counts is "OUR" Constitution! We do NOT live in a theocracy oh great deluded one! How about you keep your fairy tale to yourself,we all don't have the same beliefs as you do and that is our right under our Constitution! Constitution trumps bible fool! I mean sheesh for Christs sakes!
The constitution is based on the Bible God said there was no difference between a slave, the poor, the rich, or the middle class which is what part of it says. Equal rights for everyone!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 3 min Cat Killer 58
News Judge who said she wouldn't marry gays fights b... 1 hr okimar 16
News Straight Talk: Young husband's cheating is agon... (Mar '12) 4 hr Dump his ass 5
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 11 hr Fa-Foxy 198
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 12 hr Fa-Foxy 5
News Bristol Palin shares son Instagram pic on day o... (May '15) 14 hr Serratus Anterior 2
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... Tue Fa-Foxy 8
More from around the web