In Cairo, desperate Egyptian men search in vain for a Syrian bride

May 14, 2013 Full story: Tri-cityherald.com 78

Women tie their headscarves in a distinctly Syrian way. They buy Syrian spices and trinkets from vendors whose shops are now tables lined along the streets.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Falcon

UK

#1 May 14, 2013
Oh what a tragedy, I cried my eyeballs out when I read the article's heading.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#2 May 14, 2013
"Where an Egyptian man was once expected to provide a home and prove he can work before he could marry, now many believe they can have a Syrian bride for as little as $45."

Really? They buy them? Wow! They are filthier and more amoral than I originally thought.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#3 May 14, 2013
I wonder if I could buy a couple of little Syrians, have them neutered and teach them to mow lawn?
Falcon

UK

#5 May 14, 2013
Faith wrote:
I wonder if I could buy a couple of little Syrians, have them neutered and teach them to mow lawn?
Funny that you mentioned that.
William

Billingshurst, UK

#6 May 14, 2013
I just can't believe that some journalist was payed to write crap like that,and it doesn't deserve a better comments either.
I am loosing my hope in the media.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#7 May 14, 2013
Faith wrote:
"Where an Egyptian man was once expected to provide a home and prove he can work before he could marry, now many believe they can have a Syrian bride for as little as $45."
Really? They buy them? Wow! They are filthier and more amoral than I originally thought.
The money mentioned here is called a Dowry and 45$ converted is a good amount there. Since a lot of Syrian refugees ended up in Egypt including women who r desperate to find homes and a permanent place to live it is not a bad idea to find relationship in the country they r at.
abc

Hamilton, Canada

#8 May 14, 2013
Sex and bombs. Arabs know nothing else.
Roice

Miami, FL

#9 May 14, 2013
Me so hownyyyyyy!
William

Billingshurst, UK

#10 May 15, 2013
Faith wrote:
If you think that your comment is going to degrade the Syrians,it has only achieve to dehumanise you and reflect a repulsive personality.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#11 May 15, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that your comment is going to degrade the Syrians,it has only achieve to dehumanise you and reflect a repulsive personality.
Who cares
Viking

Sweden

#12 May 15, 2013
This is actually very common in Islamic countries. I have a friend from Kosovo, from the time when I did my duty as a U.N peacekeeper there.

He told me: "here you can easily buy a wife if your a muslim and go through her father"
Viking

Sweden

#13 May 15, 2013
Also, Morocco is specificly known in the Islamic World to have beautiful woman. I totally agree on that. And there is very very common that wealthy arab men visit to buy themselves a wife to take home to their own country. Look it up!
Falcon

UK

#14 May 15, 2013
Viking wrote:
Also, Morocco is specificly known in the Islamic World to have beautiful woman. I totally agree on that. And there is very very common that wealthy arab men visit to buy themselves a wife to take home to their own country. Look it up!
Yes, there's nothing wrong with a "dowry" so to speak, but how much choice do these women really have??

Location hidden

#15 May 15, 2013
Viking wrote:
I think the whole idea of buying is wrong. I do understand that due to cultural values some people in muslim countries force marriage upon their sons/daughters and I also agree that dowry is misused by money-mongers and greedy people. However, they r not the majority and usually that money as I said earlier is called a DOWRY look it up! It is also mentioned in the Bible as well:

"Ask me never so much dowry and gift, and I will give according as ye shall say unto me: but give me the damsel to wife." Genesis 34:12

Location hidden

#16 May 15, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares
They r pushing to Ban guns soon in the US but who cares.
Falcon

UK

#17 May 15, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, wait until they institute martial law and really start degrading their populace, but who cares.
Viking

Sweden

#18 May 15, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the whole idea of buying is wrong. I do understand that due to cultural values some people in muslim countries force marriage upon their sons/daughters and I also agree that dowry is misused by money-mongers and greedy people. However, they r not the majority and usually that money as I said earlier is called a DOWRY look it up! It is also mentioned in the Bible as well:
"Ask me never so much dowry and gift, and I will give according as ye shall say unto me: but give me the damsel to wife." Genesis 34:12
You obviously misunderstood me, I did NOT defend dowry my friend.
IL Principe

Aarhus, Denmark

#19 May 15, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
The money mentioned here is called a Dowry and 45$ converted is a good amount there. Since a lot of Syrian refugees ended up in Egypt including women who r desperate to find homes and a permanent place to live it is not a bad idea to find relationship in the country they r at.
This isn't about dowry. This is about some horny creeps taking advantage of a sad situation. So please take your "dowry" and stick it up that hairy islumic azz.
IL Principe

Aarhus, Denmark

#20 May 15, 2013
However, this isn't about islum. People of all faiths tend to take advantage of a weak economical situation.

However, it's mostly islamic fanatics who will defend such a custom as Hitty did. It's disgusting. End of story.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#21 May 15, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me get this straight.... They are going for 45 bucks a head.....But I could probably jew them down and get 100 of these broads for around four G's, chain them to used sewing machines and I could pick up the slack from that dress factory that collapsed in Bangladesh. Hmmmmm.
I wonder what Syrians eat....Rice I bet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 17 min James 40
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 1 hr Disco dance tbird 14
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Stpitalredi 49,874
Southern Governor Fights Same-Sex Marriage - An... 2 hr Swedenforever 3
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 hr Jobias3890 25,026
87-year-old felon wants back in Congress 9 hr Your Ex 3
New Zealand: Gay Activists Angry As Straight Me... Fri kenny thomas 17
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••