National Organization for Marriage Pl...

National Organization for Marriage Pleads for Last-Minute Cuccinelli Support

There are 34 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 31, 2013, titled National Organization for Marriage Pleads for Last-Minute Cuccinelli Support. In it, EDGE reports that:

The National Organization for Marriage , a primary group leading the opposition to marriage equality, is going all in for Ken Cuccinelli with less than a week to go until Virginia's 2013 elections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#22 Nov 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
From the article:
" ... NOM would be proudly supporting him regardless. Why? Because Ken Cuccinelli is a man of principle ... "
Of course, principles such as Equality, Inclusion, Freedom, etc. don't figure into the mix.
I know a few cops, their best friends are other cops. You have as much freedom as any other single person in this country.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#23 Nov 1, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
These slanted articles calling traditional marriage adherents "opposition to marriage equality" are so obvious....
It is indeed obvious that they are against marriage equality for good American gay couples. Promoting harm and hatred, for no reason other than to line their pockets.

And they are still unable to come up with a single rational state interest in hurting gay folks and their families.

Sad stuff, but fortunately, their numbers are dwindling.

Since: Jan 08

Pattaya, Thailand

#24 Nov 1, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ACT-UP organization went on television and threatened to intentionally infect heterosexuals if the Reagan California administration didn't give them money. Not until after those threats were any heterosexuals identified with HIV/AIDS and soon after that, homosexuals started being arrested and incarcerated for the intentional infection of others with that disease.
In the same time frame, homosexuals were harassing and stalking members of the APA to force them to declassify homosexuality as a mental illness. Given the already established intentional infections, the APA succumbed to the homosexual terror. This is extremely well documented, even by homosexuals.
The same harassment and terrorist threats have been used by homosexuals to invade schools at even primary levels and invade libraries with pro-homosexual propaganda, which is really targeting and acclimating youth at younger and younger ages to allow you crazy perverts into their underwear... more cases of that showing up as you gain more "rights" in America and abroad.
Insignificantly, I do not visit all of the queer boards, but occasionally, when queers attempt to misrepresent themselves through bringing a number of their discussions to the main Topix forums, I will address the most pertinent issues.
Act Up was formed when the bigoted Republicans under Reagan refused to spend any health monies since it was a "queer disease." I'm sure you supported that position since it assured the death of more queers before any medical studies would be instigated. Act Up made the public aware of the unreasonable stance of the administration, and medical studies began which eventually came up with life saving medication. Thousands could have been saved if money had been allocated earlier, and you well know it. And don't start with the APA blackmail crap; you know it's bullshit.

Know any other tid bits of gay history you want to distort?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#25 Nov 1, 2013
fr Trout:

>...Your ACT-UP organization went on television and threatened to intentionally infect heterosexuals if the Reagan California administration didn't give them money...<

Prove it. Use VERIFIABLE AND REPUTABLE news sources, such as CNN to back up this ridiculous statement. CITE your sources.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26 Nov 2, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Still living in the eighties? In your other post, you referenced some obscure actions by a few individuals in the 1980's. Are we really so well behaved as a group that you can find nothing more recent to attack us with?
Just two nights ago, baseball fans were overturning cars. Why don't you spend more time worrying about baseball?
You obviously aren't up on gay culture. Gay bars are completely disappearing from the landscape. Our youth mix comfortably in clubs with everyone else. And guess what? Nobody gets into fights anymore when gay guys and straight guys get their signals crossed. The only gay bars left host a bunch of old fuddy duddies like myself.
The average age in a gay bar has gone from 25 to 50. When my generation dies, they only place you'll find a gay bar is Key West or Provincetown, plus maybe Alabama because it still isn't safe to hold your boyfriend's hand in public there. But that may change faster than anyone expects.
Get ready to evolve or die.
That deserves repeating.

Location hidden

#27 Nov 2, 2013
Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>
Act Up was formed when the bigoted Republicans under Reagan refused to spend any health monies since it was a "queer disease." I'm sure you supported that position since it assured the death of more queers before any medical studies would be instigated. Act Up made the public aware of the unreasonable stance of the administration, and medical studies began which eventually came up with life saving medication. Thousands could have been saved if money had been allocated earlier, and you well know it. And don't start with the APA blackmail crap; you know it's bullshit.
Know any other tid bits of gay history you want to distort?
ActUp actually had less real positive effects than this did:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

It was an embarrassment that they just couldn't handle. It was, and remains, the most beautiful and perfect protest ever conceived.

Location hidden

#28 Nov 2, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a few cops, their best friends are other cops. You have as much freedom as any other single person in this country.
I can marry the person I love, and we can live where we choose without harassment?

Great to hear.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#29 Nov 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
ActUp actually had less real positive effects than this did:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
It was an embarrassment that they just couldn't handle. It was, and remains, the most beautiful and perfect protest ever conceived.
I am not sure that average people knew about the quilt. ACT UP, even if unpopular, made some noise and shook things up. All serious movements have to do a little of that.

Thirty years later, people are still talking about the rather harmless--though sometimes offensive--stunts that ACT UP pulled. They don't seem to be a tenth as upset--if they're even aware--of the violence and destruction that accompanies every World Series and Superbowl championship.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#30 Nov 3, 2013
When we had the quilt here more than 20,000 came to view it. When my partner who educated thousands of people in our city more than 500 people attended the funeral. And we had only lived here four years. The funeral was televised. We still remain a low incidence city because of our work.
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure that average people knew about the quilt. ACT UP, even if unpopular, made some noise and shook things up. All serious movements have to do a little of that.
Thirty years later, people are still talking about the rather harmless--though sometimes offensive--stunts that ACT UP pulled. They don't seem to be a tenth as upset--if they're even aware--of the violence and destruction that accompanies every World Series and Superbowl championship.

Location hidden

#31 Nov 3, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
ActUp trades on the Post Hoc fallacy.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#32 Nov 6, 2013
Rudy wrote:
I fully support Ken Cuccinelli!
Ken Cuccinelli lost and is now homeless and unemployed
He is moving to Romania to live with you;
He will clean out the pooper catcher on your Romanian Taxi for food
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fWCsYqMUWrk/T-3dF-0...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#33 Nov 6, 2013
Wondering wrote:
I know a few cops
My BF's sister 'knows' a few cops too
She says cops have small ding-a-lings

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#35 Nov 6, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Slowly... but it is getting done.....one state at a time.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#36 Nov 7, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ACT-UP organization went on television and threatened to intentionally infect heterosexuals yap yap yap harassing and stalking members of the APA blah blah blah ....
Unprovable hearsay. Dismissed.

NEXT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hindu girl weds childhood Muslim friend in Paki... 6 hr Rosa 2
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 7 hr WasteWater 49
News Carroll Daybook 14 hr Carolls Improper ... 2
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 23 hr mariam 176
News Rizzoli & Isles' introduction of Maura's husban... Sat Ex Fan 1
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... Sat Skippy 4
News Greens against gay marriage plebiscite The Gree... Sat Rosa_Winkel 8
More from around the web