Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

There are 1811 comments on the FITSNews story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Episcopal Drama Rocks SC. In it, FITSNews reports that:

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FITSNews.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1542 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... that you still can't face the truth about yourself and your fellow GLBTs?
As Stein said, David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.
The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan?
Then again, for some, why is every relationship between two men or two women always sexual?
We're still waiting for your answer, Ricky.
This woman in England paints the TRUTH! About you and the Catholic church.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/nurse-dest...

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1543 Feb 20, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
This woman in England paints the TRUTH! About you and the Catholic church ...
... and that has what to do with the fact that both you and Ricky can't handle Rabbi's Stein's TRUTH!, i.e., for some, why is every relationship between two men or two women always sexual?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#1544 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... and that has what to do with the fact that both you and Ricky can't handle Rabbi's Stein's TRUTH!, i.e., for some, why is every relationship between two men or two women always sexual?
But since they are not Jewish who cares?

I know better because I am and your lone rabbi means nothing.

Opinions are cheap.

LOL......

#1545 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG WORDS THOSE ABSOLUTES...EVERY ALL NEVER. Are those the words you really want to use?

So what is it with YOU AND YOUR FATHER JOE? According to you, EVERY SAME SEX RELATIONSHIP IS SEXUAL?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1546 Feb 20, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
But since they are not Jewish who cares?...
Truth is nondenominational.
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
So what is it with YOU AND YOUR FATHER JOE?...
Better re-examine your own family ties before casting stones at someone's else's.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1547 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
As Stein said, David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.
Sexual orientation was not discovered in the medical community until 1967; so 'Stein' would lack knowledge of such a thing
David pursued the services of women because a King is required to produce an heir to his throne. Considering the fact that David was a bottom; someone else in his Court would have been tapped for stud services
King James had to do the same thing
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1548 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan?
You make no sense
The Bible did 'not' hide David and Jonathan's marriage:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1549 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Then again, for some, why is every relationship between two men or two women always sexual?
Its not
Are all of 'your' relationships sexual?
If they are; then you are a hermit
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wl8auHAN14c/TDX3oRd...

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1550 Feb 20, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
The Bible did 'not' hide David and Jonathan's marriage ...
Nothing but a wishful projection of your own gay agenda.

Rabbi (retired) Israel Stein said:

1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew "arum" or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.

1 Sam 20: 41-42: David "exceeded uncontrollably" refers to weeping; they were crying, and their friendship was pledged to last even unto the lives of their respective children (seed).

Spilling seed without any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18:22.

David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.

"People with an agenda say what they want to say, but opinions should be based on fact, not an agenda," said Stein.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1551 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Truth is nondenominational.
'Truth' arrogance triggered the collapse of the Holy Roman Empire and the demise of evangelical fundamentalism
Fundies 'never' learn

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1552 Feb 20, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
'Truth' arrogance ...
... will never pose a problem for liars like yourself.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1553 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew "arum" or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.
It says so
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
++++++++++
OMG!!!!.....and then it gets juicy ;o))
Harry Homo

Columbia, SC

#1554 Feb 20, 2013
Logic Lessons 4 Fundies wrote:
<quoted text>
Solution to your problem there; champ:
Don't name your cities 'sodom' or 'gomorrah'
Or to suck *ick!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1555 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
We're still waiting for your answer, Ricky.
Your answer remains the same as it has been since you made up this "quote". Prove that those are in fact Stein's words and not as they appear, disturbed figments of your feeble imagination and I will be happy to answer "Stein's question".

this one

#1556 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Sweetie, you and Rabbi Stein have continued to fail spectacularly at proving it is actually his "truth" and not just the oft repeated lies of you, a very false Christian.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1557 Feb 20, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
It says so
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle ...
Despite your misuse of the KJV, the girdle is old Englsih for the belt that held the sword given to David and not form fitting underwear.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer remains the same ...
We're not waiting for my answer, but for your answer to Stein's question:... for some, why is every relationship between two men or two women always sexual?

this one

#1558 Feb 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
We're not waiting for my answer, but for your answer to Stein's question:... for some, why is every relationship between two men or two women always sexual?
Sweetie, until you prove that it is in fact Stein's question and not your own, there is no "Stein's question" to answer. What part of this isn't sinking in?

#1559 Feb 20, 2013
Truthful

Little River, SC

#1560 Feb 20, 2013
I grew up Disciples of Christ and changed over to the Episcopal Church twelve years ago. One thing that I learned in the Disciples was that the Bible is an interpretation of God's word. Some of it from God but also, from man or should I say the church.

Most against homosexuals state Leviticus. So, lets say that Leviticus is correct. Then that means that people who are divorced, steal (that includes white collar crimes) and sleep around with other peoples spouses are all going to hell and should not take part in the church.You can not pick and choose. So, include it all.

Heck, I would run out of fingers really fast if I sat and started counting all the people in my church that are very involved (deacons, board members and a few clergy). Yet, they are all allowed to get married and participate. Yet, homosexuals are made out to be sinners and corrupt.

I hate saying this but, religion has gotten to the point of a social club rather than worshiping the Lord which, I do and guess what? I am gay and married the man of my dreams twelve years ago. And we are about as normal and boring as any straight couple.

Churches are not supposed to judge. Only God. And I find it funny that homosexuals are not mentioned in The Ten Commandments and Jesus never spoke about it when he walked the earth. And that was at a time when homosexuality was at it's greatest.

#1563 Feb 21, 2013
Truthful wrote:
I grew up Disciples of Christ and changed over to the Episcopal Church twelve years ago. One thing that I learned in the Disciples was that the Bible is an interpretation of God's word. Some of it from God but also, from man or should I say the church.
Most against homosexuals state Leviticus. So, lets say that Leviticus is correct. Then that means that people who are divorced, steal (that includes white collar crimes) and sleep around with other peoples spouses are all going to hell and should not take part in the church.You can not pick and choose. So, include it all.
Heck, I would run out of fingers really fast if I sat and started counting all the people in my church that are very involved (deacons, board members and a few clergy). Yet, they are all allowed to get married and participate. Yet, homosexuals are made out to be sinners and corrupt.
I hate saying this but, religion has gotten to the point of a social club rather than worshiping the Lord which, I do and guess what? I am gay and married the man of my dreams twelve years ago. And we are about as normal and boring as any straight couple.
Churches are not supposed to judge. Only God. And I find it funny that homosexuals are not mentioned in The Ten Commandments and Jesus never spoke about it when he walked the earth. And that was at a time when homosexuality was at it's greatest.
Please read the post above. It is Rev. Susan Russel and the dangers of literalism. SINNER HERE....but a Pharisee is the Editor of this thread. Be careful. He will now be VERY nasty to you and question you credentials. WELCOME! To the Episcopal Church!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 18 min tongangodz 3,901
News Ireland same-sex marriage 38 min American_Infidel 465
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 33,400
News Ireland gay marriage: Northern Ireland must now... 1 hr Dublinlad 37
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr NoahLovesU 2,714
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 5 hr Newton 205
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 5 hr WeTheSheeple 4,742
More from around the web