Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 Full story: FITSNews 1,813

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Full Story

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1435 Feb 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Ken, a'll try and keep my end up.
Regardless of the apointing of a alternative Bishop,is authority is not valid under the rules of ECUSA.
Its rather humerous to see the Anglican communion operating as if it was Rome.
The origial Bishop has the authority of his office and the fact remains that an entire diociesse is dismissing te authority of its national stucture.
If that structure chooses to sue that diocess and "replace" a validly ordained Bishop, then thats simply more proof of how authoritarian and schismatic the episopalians have become.
Its not like you can put lipstick on this pig.
Fitz,

Former Episcopal Bishop Lawrence, renounced his affiliation with The Episcopal Church. He was also restrained from his office within TEC by the Presiding Bishop in full compliance with the canonical statutes of TEC. A determination of his status will be made at the meeting of the House of Bishops in March upcoming.

The House of Bishops makes the determination. In the meantime, the Presiding Bishop is laying the groundwork for what must surely come. Loyal Episcopalians will get a new bishop, even if only for an interim status.

Lawrence's group has officially renounced affiliation with The Episcopal Church. whether or not his group represents any particular majority of interests make no difference. Those who wish to remain in The Episcopal Church will, in a short time, find themselves properly represented.

Rev. Ken
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1437 Feb 11, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet anything you have gay sex on a daily basis.
Skidboy, you are projecting your transverse neurosis. HOMOSEXUALITY is not GAY (a lie). It is hard for me to imagine anything more disgusting than HOMOSEXUAL acts, then again, there IS YOU! I am quite sure the demon that torments you whispers to you that your self-abuse through HOMOSEXUAL acts is GAY!

LOL! fagboy!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1438 Feb 11, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know after ...
Make that, "We already knew after your 'slip' that you had fabricated a fake Rabbi "Benjamin" Stein pages ago, and we also discussed at length your problems with denial, for what good it did."
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#1439 Feb 11, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Fitz,
Former Episcopal Bishop Lawrence, renounced his affiliation with The Episcopal Church. He was also restrained from his office within TEC by the Presiding Bishop in full compliance with the canonical statutes of TEC. A determination of his status will be made at the meeting of the House of Bishops in March upcoming.
The House of Bishops makes the determination. In the meantime, the Presiding Bishop is laying the groundwork for what must surely come. Loyal Episcopalians will get a new bishop, even if only for an interim status.
Lawrence's group has officially renounced affiliation with The Episcopal Church. whether or not his group represents any particular majority of interests make no difference. Those who wish to remain in The Episcopal Church will, in a short time, find themselves properly represented.
Rev. Ken
South Carolina Circuit Court Judge Diane S. Goodstein has issued a temporary restraining order that prevents The Episcopal Church (TEC) and parishes and individuals associated with it from assuming the identity of the Diocese of South Carolina.
The judge’s order states, in part:“No individual, organization, association or entity, whether incorporated or not, may use, assume, or adopt in any way, directly or indirectly, the registered names and the seal or mark of The Protestant Episcopal Church in the Diocese of South Carolina.”

The order specifically prohibits all but a handful of Diocesan employees, directors and trustees who are specified by name from using the Diocese’s identity.

The judge effectively prevents TEC, a voluntary association, and the parishes who support it, from claiming to own or operate the Diocese of South Carolina, an entity that it insists it owns but whose very existence predates The Episcopal Church. The Diocese of South Carolina was established in 1785 and was a founder of TEC nearly five years later. The Diocese is a legally established South Carolina corporation and its trademarks are protected under state law.

The order goes into effect immediately, so it will essentially force the remnant group meeting this Saturday to adopt a different name for the entity it will form, and by which it will be known. The governing documents which are scheduled for approval (a Constitution and Canons based on the former diocesan version before changes were approved in 2011 and 2012) will need to be changed to remove all references to “the Protestant Episcopal Church in the Diocese of South Carolina” and “the Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina.” The order will remain in effect until February 1, when a hearing will be held starting at 9:00 a.m. in the Richland County courthouse on a preliminary (“temporary”) injunction, pending the trial and final resolution of the case.

The Court has found, based just on the showing presented ex parte by Bishop Lawrence and his capable attorneys, that the plaintiff Diocese made “a prima facie showing ... as to the likelihood of [its] success on the merits.” In other words, the Diocese showed to the Court sufficient indicia of its ownership of the registered marks (the names and corporate seal) that the Court believes it will prevail in the ultimate lawsuit.

And that represents a substantial uphill burden for ECUSA and its attorneys to overcome. They start off on the wrong foot with the Court, because the remnant group under their direction simply arrogated the names and seal to their own use, without first going into a court to make their case.

Implicit in the Court’s ruling is an even weightier and more significant finding: that the Diocese of South Carolina has the legal right, under South Carolina law, to withdraw from ECUSA and retain its corporate and individual identity. That finding, once it is formalized in this case, will put the final lie to 815’s mantra that “People may leave the Church, but Dioceses may not.”
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1440 Feb 11, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Skidboy, you are projecting your transverse neurosis. HOMOSEXUALITY is not GAY (a lie). It is hard for me to imagine anything more disgusting than HOMOSEXUAL acts, then again, there IS YOU! I am quite sure the demon that torments you whispers to you that your self-abuse through HOMOSEXUAL acts is GAY!
LOL! fagboy!
You responded to a troll
All of my posts originate from the Alpharetta dish farm and it says so right beneath my avatars
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1441 Feb 11, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You responded to a troll
All of my posts originate from the Alpharetta dish farm and it says so right beneath my avatars
EVERYTHING about the GAY LIE is a LIE, including your TROLLING. ES&D!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1442 Feb 11, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet anything you have gay sex on a daily basis.
I see him as the strong truck stop restroom attendant type.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1443 Feb 11, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>I see him as the strong truck stop restroom attendant type.
I see him as an unemployed handicapped veteran whose head was amputated in a roadside bomb accident
I still haven't figured which end we're talking to; the head or the tail
Both ends are egually hilarious

Location hidden

#1444 Feb 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
South Carolina Circuit Court Judge Diane S. Goodstein has issued a temporary restraining order that prevents The Episcopal Church (TEC) and parishes and individuals associated with it from assuming the identity of the Diocese of South Carolina.
The judge’s order states, in part:“No individual, organization, association or entity, whether incorporated or not, may use, assume, or adopt in any way, directly or indirectly, the registered names and the seal or mark of The Protestant Episcopal Church in the Diocese of South Carolina.”
The order specifically prohibits all but a handful of Diocesan employees, directors and trustees who are specified by name from using the Diocese’s identity.
The judge effectively prevents TEC, a voluntary association, and the parishes who support it, from claiming to own or operate the Diocese of South Carolina, an entity that it insists it owns but whose very existence predates The Episcopal Church. The Diocese of South Carolina was established in 1785 and was a founder of TEC nearly five years later. The Diocese is a legally established South Carolina corporation and its trademarks are protected under state law.
The order goes into effect immediately, so it will essentially force the remnant group meeting this Saturday to adopt a different name for the entity it will form, and by which it will be known. The governing documents which are scheduled for approval (a Constitution and Canons based on the former diocesan version before changes were approved in 2011 and 2012) will need to be changed to remove all references to “the Protestant Episcopal Church in the Diocese of South Carolina” and “the Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina.” The order will remain in effect until February 1, when a hearing will be held starting at 9:00 a.m. in the Richland County courthouse on a preliminary (“temporary”) injunction, pending the trial and final resolution of the case.
The Court has found, based just on the showing presented ex parte by Bishop Lawrence and his capable attorneys, that the plaintiff Diocese made “a prima facie showing ... as to the likelihood of [its] success on the merits.” In other words, the Diocese showed to the Court sufficient indicia of its ownership of the registered marks (the names and corporate seal) that the Court believes it will prevail in the ultimate lawsuit.
And that represents a substantial uphill burden for ECUSA and its attorneys to overcome. They start off on the wrong foot with the Court, because the remnant group under their direction simply arrogated the names and seal to their own use, without first going into a court to make their case.
Implicit in the Court’s ruling is an even weightier and more significant finding: that the Diocese of South Carolina has the legal right, under South Carolina law, to withdraw from ECUSA and retain its corporate and individual identity. That finding, once it is formalized in this case, will put the final lie to 815’s mantra that “People may leave the Church, but Dioceses may not.”
Your quoted explanation is about two weeks old.

The March meeting of the House of Bishops will make way for the new bishop.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1445 Feb 11, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
Philly Cheesecake wouldn't recognize Jesus if he shook his hand....
Jesus isn't going to have a clue who our little Philly is either. But then again, when are they likely to ever run into each other? I know that they can't go to the same church and I still haven't quite figured out what that thing is he keeps referring to God is, but I kind of doubt he's going to connect with Jesus on the prayer line. It's one awkward, am I supposed to know you from somewhere moment, that's never likely to happen.

this one

#1446 Feb 11, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
Oh, you're talking about the latino at the gas station Jesus.
No sweetie, I'm talking about the Jesus I read about in the Bible, the one who taught lessons about what it takes to follow him which you either have never read or just plain ignore. That Jesus weeps at what you have confused as the way. He even makes it simple for you and you can't even get that part right. I feel so sorry for you.

this one

#1447 Feb 11, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
We already know after your "slip" that had you fabricated a fake Rabbi "Benjamin" Stein pages ago, and we also discussed at length your problems with denial, for what good it did.
Yes dear, I'm well aware that I accidentally referred to Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) as Benjamin, another Stein I happen to know, in a post a few days back; you keep telling me it was a Freudian Slip, that you have yet to offer any sort of hint as to what said Freudian Slip supposedly showed you and that you keep telling me that I have a history of fabricating things; but other than an accidentally misidentified Rabbi puppet for whom you have extensively fabricated "quotes" you have offered no examples of and that you keep telling me I am in denial of something but apparently you have no clue what that is either.

Hopelessly project much dear?

this one

#1448 Feb 11, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Make that, "We already knew after your 'slip' that you had fabricated a fake Rabbi "Benjamin" Stein pages ago, and we also discussed at length your problems with denial, for what good it did."
fabricated past participle, past tense of fab·ri·cate
Verb: Invent or concoct (something), typically with deceitful intent.

Used properly in a sentence:

I called your puppet by the wrong name sweetie, you know, the ventriloquist dummy that you call Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) and have done nothing but fabricated "quotes" for it.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#1449 Feb 11, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quoted explanation is about two weeks old.
The March meeting of the House of Bishops will make way for the new bishop.
That wont answer the legal questions involved. ECUSA is not supposedto be a dictatorship but rather a communion. The diocesse of South Carolina should be able to have its opinions respected and manage its own affairs.

Regardless of the outcome, its simply not the sign of a healthy Christian fellowship when Bishops are being removed and whole dicosess as well as Parishes all over the country are looking for alternative oversight.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1450 Feb 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
That wont answer the legal questions involved. ECUSA is not supposedto be a dictatorship but rather a communion. The diocesse of South Carolina should be able to have its opinions respected and manage its own affairs.
Regardless of the outcome, its simply not the sign of a healthy Christian fellowship when Bishops are being removed and whole dicosess as well as Parishes all over the country are looking for alternative oversight.
Its mighty nice of the homophobes to flee ;o))

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1451 Feb 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes dear, I'm well aware that I accidentally referred to Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) as Benjamin ...
Your accident was a "slip" because you have been in denial about Stein and what he said in much the same way you were in denial over the Reuter's story about the circumstances of Mr. Kato's untimely demise.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1452 Feb 12, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Your accident was a "slip" because you have been in denial about Stein and what he said in much the same way you were in denial over the Reuter's story about the circumstances of Mr. Kato's untimely demise.
Joe i this digital age, there is ZERO record of any of these words spoken/written by anyone EXCEPT for YOU! STEIN, Gertrude, Benjamin, Israel or any other...NEVER SAID IT!

Location hidden

#1453 Feb 12, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It will certainly answer the "legal" questions within The Episcopal Church.

As to legal questions regarding stewardship of real estate and financial assets in South Carolina Law and as determined by the SCOTUS, we shall see, won't we.

The departing groups, five out of 100 so far, have claimed ownership of the financial assets and the real property, which before their departures were of the Episcopal Church. The Courts have not viewed these claims with much favor.

Rev. Ken
Reverend Rebuker Phil

Columbia, SC

#1454 Feb 12, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Joe i this digital age, there is ZERO record of any of these words spoken/written by anyone EXCEPT for YOU! STEIN, Gertrude, Benjamin, Israel or any other...NEVER SAID IT!
Perhaps it is only available in print. Check for an ISBN number.

this one

#1455 Feb 12, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Lamb chop, I am not in denial of the existence of an actual Rabbi Israel Stein (retired), you have completely and totally failed to prove to me that they are in fact his words are not merely your own. As for Mr Kato's murder, I am far from alone in having very serious doubts about the official version of events. I proved that then, you really should take notes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,776
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr KiMare 25,542
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 3 hr Clean up 1,289
Gay Ukip MEP: same-sex marriage supporters are ... 6 hr Hoyt 5
UT/TT Poll: Conditional Support for Same-Sex Un... 7 hr Belle Sexton 12
Hayworth features gay son in ad 7 hr Belle Sexton 27
Ukip's David Coburn, who describes himself as "... 7 hr Belle Sexton 8

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE