Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FITSNews

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Comments (Page 48)

Showing posts 941 - 960 of1,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
All your points are merely subtrafuge.
So you pray, buttercup. Good luck with that.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
Oh, scary, scary!
I should scare the living f*ck out of you sweetie, because I've seen through you and know all too well that you have nothing to offer. In spite of your certainty that God is on your side, it is painfully clear that you were forsaken by Him ages ago. Come back with another post full of tortured scripture, those are always fun.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should consider taking notes. Joe's Rabbi is his ventriloquist dummy which he uses to validate his interpretations. I was simply reminding him that his intellectual, ethical and moral dishonesty ...
A "morality check" from a sexual deviate would be almost amusing if it weren't so hypocritical.

Ricky can't refute what Rabbi Stein had to say, so he simply denies that he said it.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
A "morality check" from a sexual deviate would be almost amusing if it weren't so hypocritical.
Ricky can't refute what Rabbi Stein had to say, so he simply denies that he said it.
Your Stein puppet is not here.

MAYBE HIS WORDS WERE "COPYWRIGHTED"!!! LOL!

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Sweetie, I have PROVED he didn't say it, I know it's tough for you, but try and keep up with the reality of this. EVERY time you said the Rabbi said something, YOU LIED, because not even the Rabbi himself will confirm he said any of it. There is no need to refute something which I proved to be nothing more than a bald faced lie on your part from the get go, sweetie.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you've been using a Rabbi puppet to validate your opinion on this site for a couple of years now, you're the last person I'd accept a reality check from. I know you got some seriously insufficient funds. I'm teaching my Phil a lesson, he picked the wrong f****t to f**k with.
Just because the Rabbi's words contradict your opinions dont make him somehow an invalid source for Joe to cite.

He validates the overwellming consensus on scriptural interpretation on this subject from every major religious body that relies on scriptural sources, be they Jewish or Christian across the span of thousands of years up to the present day.

If Joe did not use him, you and those like you would be asking him to provide sources for his opinion. When he does appeal to established scholars you dismiss it as a "sockpuppet"??

Try and keep a more open mind, dont be so defensive, and dont reel from those who source their arguments in other established scholarship on important subjects.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Sweetie, I have PROVED he didn't say it ...
You haven't proven anything of the sort. The fact is that you can't disprove what Rabbi Stein related to me, so you deny he even said it.

Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) said:

1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew “arum” or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.

1 Sam 20: 41-42: David “exceeded uncontrollably” refers to weeping; they were crying, and their friendship was pledged to last even unto the lives of their respective children (seed).

Spilling seed w/o any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18: 22.

David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.

The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan? Then again, for some, why is every relationship between 2 men or 2 women always sexual?...
Sponged Bob Square Paints

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Rhys wrote:
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Children; for todays lesson we will see how the evil homophobe troll rewrote two verses into one verse of Corinthians
The evil homophobe troll changed the messed-up verse above to hate gay people. Bad troll
Now children; lets take a look at what 'real' GOD wrote before the evil homopohobe troll changed it:
++++++++++
1 Corinthians 6:9> Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde,
1 Corinthians 6:10> Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
++++++++++
See little children! GOD doesn't hate gay people after all
And GOD's wonderful Gay people lived happily after in the Garden of Eden
And the evil homophobe troll crawled back into his lonely cave and drooled on his Commodore64 and foam came out of his mouth. Ewww!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wl8auHAN14c/TDX3oRd...
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proven anything of the sort. The fact is that you can't disprove what Rabbi Stein related to me, so you deny he even said it.
Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) said:
1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew “arum” or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.
1 Sam 20: 41-42: David “exceeded uncontrollably” refers to weeping; they were crying, and their friendship was pledged to last even unto the lives of their respective children (seed).
Spilling seed w/o any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18: 22.
David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.
The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan? Then again, for some, why is every relationship between 2 men or 2 women always sexual?...
These same "interpretations" are part of a larger gay "theology" that seeks to turn everyone gay (including Jesus) Ruth and Noami and the like..

The Rev Ken fellow spent time questioning the practice of celibacy, saying it caused abuse of minors, claiming Jesus had a sexual relationship with Mary Magneline,..and so forth..

They are willing to reinterpret all the many, many passages forbidding homosexuality with the most contorted "logic" & methods. All in a vain effort to reinforce their specific sexual practice.

Whats funny is that their leadership in ranks like the episopalians often wont go near these type of "interpreatations" much less defend them.. What they do say is "we are doing a new thing"..

They are smart enough to realize they cant get into a actual scriptural argument with traditionalists...they would only loose. So they instead say, forget scripture...wewre doing this because we think it is moral now...(a more honest approach that avoids making them llok like fools and loosers who will make whatever argument suits their agenda)

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

I Corinthians 6:9-10

King James Version:

9... Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves..., shall inherit the kingdom of God.

New International Version

9... Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves...will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revised Standard Version--1952 edition:

9... Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals 10 nor thieves..., will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revised Standard Version--1971 edition:

9...Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts 10 nor thieves..., will inherit the kingdom of God.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Sponged Bob Square Paints wrote:
<quoted text>
Children; for todays lesson we will see how the evil homophobe troll rewrote two verses into one verse of Corinthians
The evil homophobe troll changed the messed-up verse above to hate gay people. Bad troll
Now children; lets take a look at what 'real' GOD wrote before the evil homopohobe troll changed it:
++++++++++
1 Corinthians 6:9> Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde,
1 Corinthians 6:10> Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
++++++++++
See little children! GOD doesn't hate gay people after all
And GOD's wonderful Gay people lived happily after in the Garden of Eden
And the evil homophobe troll crawled back into his lonely cave and drooled on his Commodore64 and foam came out of his mouth. Ewww!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wl8auHAN14c/TDX3oRd...
Its clear that those passages include amoungst their cited sins both homosexuality and "mekelos" sometimes interpreted as "effeminate" and sometimes interpretted "male prostitutes".
A more apt description is - a man who plays up his feminine attributes so as to attract other men.

What I find telling is the chrity and egalitarianism that the quote demonsitrates. Here is a scriptural passage equating homosexuality amougst things like "drunkards" "fornicators" & "adultrors" - common sins amoung so many..

Yet tellingly enough the "drunkards fornicators,adultrors and so forth" - dont manifest a need to reinterpreet scripture to get rid of those sins, nor even are they insistant that those sins are not "really" sins in the eyes of God.

Only homosexuals display an need to negate the word of God instead of simply taking the stance that their particular sin is no more ungodly or sinfull than things like "drunkards" and therefore they are no worse than large swaths of humnaity when it comes to scripture.

Instead they often do the opposite and pick their sin and their sin only out of a list of much more common practices and go to extrodinary leangths to pretend that what they do is no big deal to God.

A result of the painfull insecurity and self-centered nature of most homosexuals it would seem.

Sponged Bob Square Paints

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its clear that those passages include amoungst their cited sins both homosexuality and "mekelos" sometimes interpreted as "effeminate" and sometimes interpretted "male prostitutes".
A more apt description is - a man who plays up his feminine attributes so as to attract other men.
What I find telling is the chrity and egalitarianism that the quote demonsitrates. Here is a scriptural passage equating homosexuality amougst things like "drunkards" "fornicators" & "adultrors" - common sins amoung so many..
Yet tellingly enough the "drunkards fornicators,adultrors and so forth" - dont manifest a need to reinterpreet scripture to get rid of those sins, nor even are they insistant that those sins are not "really" sins in the eyes of God.
Only homosexuals display an need to negate the word of God instead of simply taking the stance that their particular sin is no more ungodly or sinfull than things like "drunkards" and therefore they are no worse than large swaths of humnaity when it comes to scripture.
Instead they often do the opposite and pick their sin and their sin only out of a list of much more common practices and go to extrodinary leangths to pretend that what they do is no big deal to God.
A result of the painfull insecurity and self-centered nature of most homosexuals it would seem.
'Effeminate' is a woman

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Sweetie, I have PROVED...
Try looking the word PROVED up in a dictionary before you use it.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
Just because the Rabbi's words contradict your opinions dont make him somehow an invalid source for Joe to cite.
Dear, the one and only source for the "Rabbi's words" is Joe De Caro. Not one of his "quotes" can be found anywhere but in Joe's posts on this site. None of the Rabbi's available writings even address the subjects Joe is claiming when he uses these "quotes". Not even a direct appeal to the Rabbi himself has brought anything resembling confirmation. Whenever Joe says the "Rabbi says", his lips continue to move in a really bad ventriloquist act.
Fitz wrote:
He validates the overwellming consensus on scriptural interpretation on this subject from every major religious body that relies on scriptural sources, be they Jewish or Christian across the span of thousands of years up to the present day.
Christianity and Judaism by consensus, just the way God wanted it I imagine.
Fitz wrote:
If Joe did not use him, you and those like you would be asking him to provide sources for his opinion. When he does appeal to established scholars you dismiss it as a "sockpuppet"??
Pay attention dear, I call his use of the good Rabbi puppetry, not because everything that the good Rabbi says magically agrees with every last argument on any subject of Old Testament Hebrew English translation that Joe engages in on these forums, but because there exists no proof that the Rabbi said any of it, not even from the Rabbi himself, I even emailed the real thing and never heard back. Joe claims to know the Rabbi and to have all this on tape, but not even he has convinced the Rabbi to come here to defend him from the fact that he has been proved to be nothing more than a complete fraud. Get it now?
Fitz wrote:
Try and keep a more open mind, dont be so defensive, and dont reel from those who source their arguments in other established scholarship on important subjects.
Sweetie, there is a difference between keeping an open mind and suspending disbelief. When he can come up with some other source for what he claims the "Rabbi says" other than himself, I won't imagine that I'm being lectured to by Corky Withers and Fats with the Rabbi Fats being "quoted" as being the expert here. How's that for an open mind?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, dear, dear Joe, since neither of us are able to prove that he ever said ANY of it, it is safe to assume that the only source for what you claim you say he says is you, especially considering that when asked, the Rabbi himself has chosen not to respond to what he now knows you have been doing. Hmmm. Your choice of interpretations and his choice of interpretations agree, always, on every subject involving the meaning of the Old Testament, imagine that. It still is nothing more than your choice of interpretations, retired Rabbinically blessed or not. God himself has not voiced an opinion, unless you are going to start using him in your act too.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

WotMeWorry wrote:
Try looking the word PROVED up in a dictionary before you use it.
PROVED: past participle, past tense of prove (Verb)
Verb

1. Demonstrate the truth or existence of (something) by evidence or argument: "the concept is difficult to prove".
2. Demonstrate by evidence or argument (someone or something) to be: "innocent until proven guilty".

Dear, I have PROVED that the only place where his alleged "quotes" can be found are in his posts here on Topix. I have even contacted the Rabbi himself, at Joe's suggestion and as you might have noticed, the Rabbi has yet to post here and he has yet to respond privately. Joe, who claims to have all these "quotes" on tape, hasn't even been able to convince the good Rabbi to come here, in spite of the fact that it makes Joe appear to be quite guilty of the worst kind of intellectual fraud.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>PROVED: past participle, past tense of prove (Verb)
Verb
1. Demonstrate the truth or existence of (something) by evidence or argument: "the concept is difficult to prove".
2. Demonstrate by evidence or argument (someone or something) to be: "innocent until proven guilty".
Dear, I have PROVED that the only place where his alleged "quotes" can be found are in his posts here on Topix. I have even contacted the Rabbi himself, at Joe's suggestion and as you might have noticed, the Rabbi has yet to post here and he has yet to respond privately. Joe, who claims to have all these "quotes" on tape, hasn't even been able to convince the good Rabbi to come here, in spite of the fact that it makes Joe appear to be quite guilty of the worst kind of intellectual fraud.
Wow!, that point well be really helpful...in HELL! Buggery is real big in HELL!
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>So you pray, buttercup. Good luck with that.
"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." By your evil, hate filled, blasphemous comments are indicative of the vileness of your heart.

Your streched out @zz must get really jealous of all the *hit that comes out of your mouth. Or does it just slide! LOL "Sugarbritches"
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="Sick, Perverted, Wipping that *hit of his face in Kansas"]<quoted text>I should scare the living f*ck out of you sweetie, because I've seen through you and know all too well that you have nothing to offer. In spite of your certainty that God is on your side, it is painfully clear that you were forsaken by Him ages ago. Come back with another post full of tortured scripture, those are always fun.[/QUOTE]

This is why I am not now nor will I be in the future afraid of you or your hell bent effort to convince others that HOMOSEXUALITY in not the "FILTH of the FLESH" I knew you were coming.

2 Peter 3:3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2 Peter 3:14 "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness."

I knew from the Scriptures that since you cannot redeem your "filth of the flesh" you would have to try to JUSTIFY it by "TWISTING THE SCRIPTURE" which you do.

2 Peter 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not"

Lastly, I know where you are headed..... Hell! So why should I be afraid of you again FA****T? YOUR SIN BE UPON YOUR OWN HEAD! You're just one fart away from blowing an O-ring! LOL! Tootles! Slackjaw!
Deja vu all over Again

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why I am not now nor will I be in the future afraid of you or your hell bent effort to convince others that HOMOSEXUALITY in not the "FILTH of the FLESH" I knew you were coming.
2 Peter 3:3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2 Peter 3:14 "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness."
I knew from the Scriptures that since you cannot redeem your "filth of the flesh" you would have to try to JUSTIFY it by "TWISTING THE SCRIPTURE" which you do.
2 Peter 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not"
Lastly, I know where you are headed..... Hell! So why should I be afraid of you again FA****T? YOUR SIN BE UPON YOUR OWN HEAD! You're just one fart away from blowing an O-ring! LOL! Tootles! Slackjaw!
We do not share the same religious superstitions
So religions that interfere with our equal rights must be sent to the dustbin of history to keep their kinfolks company
http://m0.i.pbase.com/o6/04/318004/1/73285000...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 941 - 960 of1,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••