Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 Full story: FITSNews 1,813

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Full Story
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1028 Jan 19, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? Are you a copywrite Lawyer now? While the World tries to dilute the Scripture to make HOMOSEXUALITY more palatable to an more evil and scripturally more ignorante audience, the fact remains that HOMOSEXUALITY is a sin that will preclude the practitioner from a relationship with God and eternal damnation. It's not an opinion it's merely the facts presented in scripture.
God is not and ENABLER of SIN or a Sucker either {pardon the pun!" LOL though it is funny!
If gay people are walking talking sins; we would be on GOD's Sin List
but we're not so we ain't:
++++++++++
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
++++++++++
Perhaps when GOD retires and you take over; you can add:
11. Thou shalt not be born with homosexual orientation
Until then; suffer and wait your turn; sugar
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1029 Jan 19, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
They just dont do it themselves they encourage it in others.
Only the gay mind could take something as clear and plain as scripture on this subject and pretend it dosent condemn what it so clearly does.
The funny part is that the true intellects within the leftist Church like the episcopalians dont even attempt to defend these types of revisionist "theology"...they simply state that scripture is wrong on this subject and that they are "doing a new thing"..
That's because the dumbass Episcopal Church allows members to choose from 13 completely different 'bibles'; only one of which is the Authorized Word of GOD.
The other 12 'bibles' are soaring fakes
++++++++++
King James or Authorized Version (the historic Bible of The Episcopal Church)
English Revision (1881)
American Revision (1901)
Revised Standard Version (1952)
Jerusalem Bible (1966)
New English Bible with the Apocrypha (1970)
Good News Bible / Today's English Version (1976)
New American Bible (1970)
Revised Standard Version, an Ecumenical Edition (1973)
New International Version (1978)
New Jerusalem Bible (1987)
Revised English Bible (1989)
New Revised Standard Version (1990)
++++++++++
This is the reason Episcopalians can't agree on diddly; its like the 'Tower of Babel' all over again (except its the Tower of 'bible')
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1030 Jan 19, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... then you're barking up the wrong tree.
According to (retired) Rabbi Israel Stein:
1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew “arum” or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.
1 Sam 20: 41-42: David “exceeded uncontrollably” refers to weeping; they were crying, and their friendship was pledged to last even unto the lives of their respective children (seed).
Spilling seed w/o any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18: 22.
David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.
The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan? Then again, for some, why is every relationship between 2 men or 2 women always sexual?
“People with an agenda say what they want to say, but opinions should be based on fact, not an agenda,” said Stein.
Since when do retired Jewish Rabbis make the rules for Episcopal Churches?
Don't they know that would cause a shism on your snizzel?
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#1031 Jan 19, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because the dumbass Episcopal Church allows members to choose from 13 completely different 'bibles'; only one of which is the Authorized Word of GOD.
The other 12 'bibles' are soaring fakes
++++++++++
King James or Authorized Version (the historic Bible of The Episcopal Church)
English Revision (1881)
American Revision (1901)
Revised Standard Version (1952)
Jerusalem Bible (1966)
New English Bible with the Apocrypha (1970)
Good News Bible / Today's English Version (1976)
New American Bible (1970)
Revised Standard Version, an Ecumenical Edition (1973)
New International Version (1978)
New Jerusalem Bible (1987)
Revised English Bible (1989)
New Revised Standard Version (1990)
++++++++++
This is the reason Episcopalians can't agree on diddly; its like the 'Tower of Babel' all over again (except its the Tower of 'bible')
The episcopalians problem is not rooted in competing scriptural authority.. All those Bible translations point to the clear and unequivical condemnation of homosexual activity.

No, the episcoplians problem is that they dont have the spiritual were-with-all to resist the prevailing secular agenda when it comes to these issue's.

Clearly the tail is not wagging the dog here.

Its not like the episcopalains came to these conclusions after years of serious theology and consensus building amoung their congregations.

Clearly they are following the philosophy of the larger intellectual and social "betters" and their so called "scriptural" arguments are simply post-hoc rationals that are tacted on to justify staying up-to-date in the leftist agenda.

Benjamyn Smythe

Columbia, SC

#1032 Jan 19, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If gay people are walking talking sins; we would be on GOD's Sin List
but we're not so we ain't:
++++++++++
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
++++++++++
Perhaps when GOD retires and you take over; you can add:
11. Thou shalt not be born with homosexual orientation
Until then; suffer and wait your turn; sugar
Mock now, BURN IN HELL LATER!

BTW:

11: Thou shall not suck *ick or take it up the @ss!{Thank's guys for *uncking up marital anal sex! LOL Bfers!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1033 Jan 19, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, you've been doing so much better here the last few days ...
But you haven't: Phil McGroen sure knows how to push your buttons, Ricky, and you still unable to deal with what Rabbi Stein has to say.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#1034 Jan 19, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
But you haven't: Phil McGroen sure knows how to push your buttons, Ricky, and you still unable to deal with what Rabbi Stein has to say.
Joe... I hae been follwing your argument but not from the begining..

If you would not mind, what breifly did Rabbi Stein "have to say" on the subject...who is he? and the like?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1035 Jan 19, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe... I hae been follwing your argument ...
It's not MY argument -- see post #1023.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#1036 Jan 19, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I see...I have run into this B.S. before. Homosexuals like to try and destroy the sacred..

This agenda reveals what happens to a religion when you let a critical mass of open unrepentant homosexuals take over.

Very much like the law, they twist everything to suit their agenda.

It was not very long ago that I thought of homosexuality as "one sin amongst many" Now I know better...and it was not religion but the behavior of homosexuals themselves that drove that acknowlegment.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1039 Jan 19, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
It does seem a little silly to have a Rabbi interpret the original Hebrew, given that the KJV (most commonly used) does the same. At that point it becomes more conjecture and argumentation over "original intent" rather than illumination. Then again it might be my Sadducee Rabbi can beat up your Pharisee Rabbi? What's the point?
Maybe you should consider taking notes. Joe's Rabbi is his ventriloquist dummy which he uses to validate his interpretations. I was simply reminding him that his intellectual, ethical and moral dishonesty wasn't happening without notice.
Phil McGroen wrote:
The Scripture of the Old Testament has numerous examples and edicts against sexual "filth of the flesh" sins. If the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 19 or the destruction of the majority of Benjamin for the sin of sodomy mentioned in Judges 19-21 are enough to convince the obstinate skeptic then they are merely in denial or blinded by their own sins.
If you want to confuse what the Bible itself refers to as a death threat as a condemnation of the sin of "sodomy", that would be your problem with God sweetie, not mine. Your false reading of what the Bible is actually talking about isn't selling.
Phil McGroen wrote:
Jesus did not have to condemn "sodomy" or HOMOSEXUALITY because he knew the law and knew that it was an abomination. The Christian writers also made condemnation of the practice which was common in Rome. Christians knew that "fleshly lusts" were enemy of the soul.
Again dear, your reading of the Bible isn't supported by scripture, but why let that stop you now. If you really, really want to believe that Jesus hates me too, go right ahead, but I don't believe a word you are preaching sweetie.
Phil McGroen wrote:
It is true that God loves us everyone. He, is however a God of "equity and judgment," a point that is lost on most so called "reverends," "pastors," "false prophets," “merchandisers of Christians,” and sundry apostates.
Jesus came to save us from our sins, not to ENABLE THEM. To say otherwise is to blaspheme his sacrifice and abhor his Deity.
Why you insist on calling that beast you dragged in here God is beyond me, but I know better than to make the same mistakes you have.

this one

#1040 Jan 19, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Sadly mistaken and avoiding reality, pretty much what I expected. I still haven't heard from the good Rabbi, sweetie. I guess that is his answer and yours.

this one

#1041 Jan 19, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Liar, liar, pants on fire. Blaming a puppet for your arguments, such a silly fraud.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1042 Jan 19, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Your choice of engaging in perversion is VERY high on God's list of major, serious sins:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
What is the matter with 'your' god?
Cat got his tongue?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1044 Jan 19, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Your choice of engaging in perversion is VERY high on God's list of major, serious sins:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Are you David pulling your pud when cut-n-pasting all of this drivel?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1043 Jan 19, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You have again forgotten what ellipsis are and headlines are the prerogative of the lay out editor: only the writer's text is copywrighted.
I love it when you tell the world just how dumb you are...MR. NEWSPAPER MAN!!!.

LEARN TO SPELL COPYRIGHT if you are going to quote that as a reason to change my posts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infrin...

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1045 Jan 20, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see...I have run into this B.S. before. Homosexuals like to try and destroy the sacred ...
... be "redefining" God's Word.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly mistaken and avoiding reality ...
The reality is that Phil G. is leading you around on a leash like he owns you.
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
LEARN TO SPELL ...
Learn to tell the truth, and if my editing was really an issue, why did Topix "fire" YOU and not me?

this one

#1046 Jan 20, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
The reality is that Phil G. is leading you around on a leash like he owns you.
Sweetie, you've been using a Rabbi puppet to validate your opinion on this site for a couple of years now, you're the last person I'd accept a reality check from. I know you got some seriously insufficient funds. I'm teaching my Phil a lesson, he picked the wrong f****t to f**k with.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1047 Jan 20, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I'm teaching my Phil a lesson ...
No, Ricky, Phil is running the forum's obedience school and you're on a short leash.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1048 Jan 20, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should consider taking notes. Joe's Rabbi is his ventriloquist dummy which he uses to validate his interpretations. I was simply reminding him that his intellectual, ethical and moral dishonesty wasn't happening without notice.
<quoted text>If you want to confuse what the Bible itself refers to as a death threat as a condemnation of the sin of "sodomy", that would be your problem with God sweetie, not mine. Your false reading of what the Bible is actually talking about isn't selling.
<quoted text>Again dear, your reading of the Bible isn't supported by scripture, but why let that stop you now. If you really, really want to believe that Jesus hates me too, go right ahead, but I don't believe a word you are preaching sweetie. <quoted text>Why you insist on calling that beast you dragged in here God is beyond me, but I know better than to make the same mistakes you have.
All your points are merely subtrafuge. The word of God is neither new, nor a new interpretation of his word. As I mentioned God is not an ENABLER of SIN.

Your idea of God is similar to and ENABLING CONFUSED MOTHER. Yes, rick is lost and confused by his continued "lusts and sins of the flesh" but Jesus died so that rick can do this therefore its Gods will that RICK sucks *ick and takes it up the @zz therefore it's what GOD wants anyway and will still GO to heaven right?

Wrong, just as God left Samson before he realized it, GOD cannot and will not be a "Carte Blanche" for SIN. GOD in not and ENABLER of HOMOSEXUAL PRACTICES and will not be mocked by HOMOSEXUALS in denial. HOMOSEXUALS by their practices deny GOD and make a mockery of Jesus's atonement through their "LUSTS and FILTH of the FLESH!" THIS is "cheap graces" as Bonhoffer described it. HOMOSEXUALS lie to themselves that it is real when the scripture calls them to repentence. This why their sin cannot be forgiven, because they will not repent.

This is why SICK RICK has to parse words just as BILL CLINTON did to excuse himself even though he knew in that very hard heart that he was and is wrong. NO REPENTANCE, NO FORGIVENESS. It's simple for everyone else to see except for HOMOSEXUALS who have denied the faith through their "filth of the flesh."

Mocking the GOD of Heaven and Earth will be to your own demise. Merely pointing out this trangression does not make me wrong as I stand on the Word of God and not some perposterous interpretation thereof.

Sick Rick, Sugarbritches, you're rationale, reasoning and assumptions are all wrong. There is no God who would sacrifice his son for you to wax in your sins. God is not and ENABLER of HOMOSEXUALS or any other "Sins of the FLESH!"

The scripture cannot be broken, but puny logic and falsehood cannot stand.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1049 Jan 20, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you've been using a Rabbi puppet to validate your opinion on this site for a couple of years now, you're the last person I'd accept a reality check from. I know you got some seriously insufficient funds. I'm teaching my Phil a lesson, he picked the wrong f****t to f**k with.
Oh, scary, scary! Yes, F*****T, You're still lost and trapped in the "filth of the flesh." It makes me feel dirty just responding to you. But, I am clean through the Gospel of Christ and his forgiveness. Since you've denied it, what's your backup plan? Do you think you can barter with the Devil for a better seat in Hell?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taco Bell Responds To 'Leaked' Gay Commercial 1 hr EdmondWA 5
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 hr Static Charge 27,196
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 5 hr Rick in Kansas 83
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 5 hr Boni 241
Gay marriage comes to Missouri. Wait ... what? 6 hr Jonah1 105
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 7 hr DRUDAEGCNTIENDEBD... 52
The Islamist war on Muslim women (Dec '07) 8 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1,499
More from around the web