Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 Full story: FITSNews 1,813

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Full Story

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#835 Jan 11, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Hebrew in sacred writings is only "nonsense" to a homosexual such as yourself; that's why your dog avatar is so fitting for a poster who can't distinguish the sacred from his own profane gay agenda.
Sweetie, maybe you should have someone who doesn't share your selective reading disorder help you read my posts before you respond. It would help you avoid embarrassing yourself like this. We both know that the "nonsense" I was referring to wasn't the Hebrew in sacred writings, but your pathetic ventriloquist act. the only thing profane here is you with your hand up the backside of a Rabbi puppet and trying to pretend that he is the one talking to us.

Let's see just how silly and obtuse you are going to be now.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#836 Jan 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
We both know that the "nonsense" I was referring to wasn't the Hebrew in sacred writings, but your pathetic ventriloquist act ...
Said the talking dog, but your avatar should really be a pig because sharing any scripture with you is like throwing pearls before swine -- see Matthew 7:6.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#837 Jan 11, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the talking dog, but your avatar should really be a pig because sharing any scripture with you is like throwing pearls before swine -- see Matthew 7:6.
Are you DRUNK? I know mean drunks and you sure are acting like one.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#838 Jan 11, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you DRUNK? I know mean drunks ...
I'm sure you know more than that, but you still aren't acquainted with scripture, old testament or new, are you?

this one

#839 Jan 11, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
You really should have kept reading dear, there was a message for you just a few more verses on, say from 15-23. Now that should concern you a lot more than whether you are mayhaps casting pearls before swine, because by your fruits and seriously disturbed ventriloquist act we know you punkin and it ain't the least bit good.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#840 Jan 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should have kept reading dear, there was a message for you just a few more verses on, say from 15-23. Now that should concern you a lot more than whether you are mayhaps casting pearls before swine ...
You don't determine what concerns me, and what concerns me at the moment is your anonymous talking dog act that dismisses scripture just because it isn't "gay" enough for you.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#841 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>Hating men? The only men I can't stand or you and Joe...I love men!!!! Just not as sex partners.
You are not fooling anyone but yourself. Your special hatred of joe and I is the same as that which herodias felt for John the Baptist.

this one

#842 Jan 12, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
You don't determine what concerns me, and what concerns me at the moment is your anonymous talking dog act that dismisses scripture just because it isn't "gay" enough for you.
Moby says, "you have finally lost whatever you have been passing off as your mind" and I have to concur. Your fantasy that my dog is talking to you in the same manner that you have had the Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) talk to us, while amusing in its own way, is not a good sign. Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) said, "you need help..., cupcake".

#843 Jan 12, 2013
Matthew 5:11....now that is all for the DeCaro/Wot gang...

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#844 Jan 12, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrew in sacred writings is only "nonsense" to a homosexual such as yourself; that's why your dog avatar is so fitting for a poster who can't distinguish the sacred from his own profane gay agenda.
Awww, once again you make Jesus so very proud.

LOL.........

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#845 Jan 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Moby says ...
Again, nothing that either of you barks determines what concerns me, and what concerns me is your anonymous talking dog act that dismisses scripture just because it isn't "gay" enough for you.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#846 Jan 12, 2013
No one is persecuting you because of your professed belief in Christ
Vic

Pekin, IL

#847 Jan 12, 2013
So why do you think all those verses condemning homosexual behavior don't apply to YOU?

this one

#848 Jan 12, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Again, nothing that either of you barks determines what concerns me, and what concerns me is your anonymous talking dog act that dismisses scripture just because it isn't "gay" enough for you.
Sweetie, I'm not the least bit dismissive of scripture, so once again, your concern is misplaced. What I am dismissive of dumpling, is your choice of interpretations of said scriptures, as told to us by your Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) puppet, in one of the worst ventriloquists acts to ever run here. Understand the difference yet?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#849 Jan 13, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, I'm not the least bit dismissive of scripture ...
Of course you are, especially when it contradicts your gay world view, yet you couldn't openly challenge Stein's scholarly Hebrew without looking like the fool you really are, so instead you continue to deny what Stein himself actually said about the book of Samuel.

#850 Jan 13, 2013
From Forward Day By Day!

SATURDAY, January 12

Galatians 3:23-29; 4:4-7.* There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.
This is a favorite verse of those whose favorite adjective for the church is “inclusive.” They typically want leadership positions opened to persons whom others would bar. The issue today often centers on gender or sexual orientation, but that wasn’t always the issue. In the fourth century, a group called the Donatists sought to bar from church leadership anyone who under threat of persecution had thrown incense on the altar of the emperor, thereby compromising his faith, even if that person had later repented.

Augustine’s teaching eventually carried the day and became the orthodox Christian position. Augustine taught that the character of the priest or bishop has no bearing on the validity of the sacraments, for it is Christ, not the clergy, who acts in the sacraments and validates them. People then, as now, differed about moral questions and whom to ordain, but in any case, nothing a priest or bishop does (and if we’re going to judge our leaders, there’s more than sexual orientation to consider) cancels the promises of Christ.

#851 Jan 13, 2013
Arm yourself! Start your day with this! From Steven Furtick-

The 12 Audacious Faith Confessions- Pray these over yourself.

1-I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation (Romans 8:1-2, Ephesians 1:7-8, 1 John 1:9)
2-I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation (Joshua 10:12-14, John 14:12)
3-I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all of my heart (Proverbs 3:5
-6, Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7)
4-I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life (Exodus 3:9-12, Psalm 57:2, Colossians 1:24-29)
5-I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do (Dueteronomy 8:18, Luke 6:38, Philippians 4:13)
6-I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 139:13-16, Ephesians 5:25-27)
7-I am a faithful spouse and a godly parent-our family is blessed (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Ephesians 5:22-25, Colossians 3:18-19, 1 Peter 3:1-7)
8-I am completely whole-physically, mentally and emotionally (Psalm 103:1-5, Matthew 8:16-17, 2 Corinthians 5:17, 1 Peter 2:24)
9-I am increasing in influence and favor the kingdom of God (Genesis 45:4-8, 1 Samuel 2:26, Acts 2:37-47)
10-I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17, 1 John 3:16; 4:9-12)
11-I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make (2 Chronicles 1:7-12, Proverbs 2:6, Ecclesiastes 2:26, James 1:5)
12-I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus’ name (Genesis 50:20, Psalm 3:1-3, 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3)

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#852 Jan 13, 2013
From Forward Day By Day!
SATURDAY, January 12
Galatians 3:23-29; 4:4-7.* There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.
This is a favorite verse of those whose favorite adjective for the church is “inclusive.” They typically want leadership positions opened to persons whom others would bar. The issue today often centers on gender or sexual orientation, but that wasn’t always the issue ...
But it is the issue for Ricky and his ilk whose ONLY adjective for the church is "inclusive".

this one

#853 Jan 13, 2013
Sweetie, it would help the discussion immensely if you would quit referring to your puppet as an actual participant, you're sounding like Corky Withers and Fats and it's just plain creepy. Your puppet is only an intermediary for YOUR thoughts on the subject dear, there merely to lend credibility they likely would not otherwise have. But now that you have been exposed as nothing more than a pathological fraud, that is pretty much shot to hell. None of what you claim that the good Rabbi has said can be verified, even when the real good Rabbi was asked directly to do so.

If you want to deal with reality, I am more than happy to do so, but if you're going to insist on clinging to your pathetic fantasies, expect a lot of pointing and laughing.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#854 Jan 13, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
None of what you claim that the good Rabbi has said can be verified, even when the real good Rabbi was asked directly to do so.
If you want to deal with reality ...
When "reality" contradicts your gay world view, you can't openly challenge Stein's scholarly Hebrew without looking like the fool you really are, so instead you continue to deny what Stein himself actually said about the book of Samuel.

And posting an "open letter" on Topix is not directly contacting anyone, especially when Stein has a listed phone # and email account.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 57 min RevKen 26,691
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 1 hr Zamby 126
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 1 hr RevKen 40
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 2 hr Ainu 34
Alaska's 1st known gay marriage in Arctic town 4 hr Pope Bennie s Closet 49
The sexuality pay gap: Lesbians earn 8% more th... 6 hr Wimyum 4
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 6 hr dee lightful 170
More from around the web