Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FITSNews

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Comments (Page 35)

Showing posts 681 - 700 of1,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
Why would a Hebrew lesson from a real rabbi haunt me?
Because they would probably be none to pleased about your pathological lies about one of their own, but I never mentioned it dear.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) said:
(statements falsely attributed to Rabbi Stein deleted)
Two days in and still no response from your friend. That is proof enough for me.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Because they would probably be none to pleased about your pathological lies about one of their own, but I never mentioned it dear.
<quoted text>Two days in and still no response from your friend. That is proof enough for me.
Just like his rant about something from the past..I googled it and found it where he is a LIAR!!!! LOVE IT!

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Just like his rant about something from the past..I googled it and found it where he is a LIAR!!!! LOVE IT!
I just love how he's still trying to pretend that he hasn't been exposed as a complete and utter fraud here. If he just came out and admit that he is actually the source for his personal collection of the amazingly wide array of collective thoughts attributed to Rabbi Israel Stein (retired)*, it would be a step in the right direction.

*The day I found that he was the only known source for his "quotes" from the Rabbi, I just had too see how he had been invoking it. Amazingly enough, the Rabbi's insight seems to pop up every time Joe is attempting to defend his personal choice of Old Testament interpretations. THE Rabbi hath spake, end of discussion.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they would probably be none to pleased ...
"They" who, Ricky?

The only posters not pleased are homosexuals trying to portray David and Jonathan as gay lovers, but Stein refutes that perverted reintrepretation of scripture with his honest Hebrew.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Hon, if that's what you want to believe, believe to your little heart's content, but since you are clearly not man enough to admit that you have been making up what you claim the Rabbi Says as you've gone along, THAT is what I have issue with.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" who, Ricky?
The only posters not pleased are homosexuals trying to portray David and Jonathan as gay lovers, but Stein refutes that perverted reintrepretation of scripture with his honest Hebrew.
Honest Hebrew?

LMAO!

Aww, this one gets passed around at work!

Honest Hebrew?

Is there dishonest Hebrew?

Now i have to clean up spit out coffee, well worth it...

LOL!

Is honest Hebrew found among(st) the roman tradition of 'monastic' Scripture?

LMAO.........
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" who, Ricky?
Here's what Jonathan and David did:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
Ummmm
Don't look kids:
There's two naked men laying face-down in the desert swapping seed to consummate marriage......and it is better than with women.....
yikes! Gitty-up camel
;o))
Todd

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
Ummmm
Don't look kids:
There's two naked men laying face-down in the desert swapping seed to consummate marriage......and it is better than with women.....
yikes! Gitty-up camel
;o))
How many times are your going to Spam us with the same lie?

Your filthy misinterpretation of these passages have been thoroughly discredited. The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and says that David is innocent of such serious sin.
Todd

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a Pauline, big deal - I am a CHRISTIAN....
No Christian rejects a majority of the New Testament.

No Christian rejects the Bible's many commands against homosexual acts, found repeatedly in both Testaments.

You apparently have never read the Book of Acts, an extension of the Gospel of Luke. Paul was chosen by Jesus and inspired by Him. He was a major leader of the early church. You might also delve into the Didache, one of the very earliest Christian writings. It also condemns homosexual behavior, as have Christians since the beginning.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
++++++++++
++++++++++
Ummmm
Don't look kids:
yikes! Gitty-up camel
;o))
That could be a bit of a stretch, brother. Born out of your own imagination.

But, it doesn't reallly make much difference. The scripture says that their souls were knit.

That is the key. Love between two men can be completely honest and holy, without any opening of or exchange between the lower chakras.

Or, it can include the excitation and opening of these chakras, in which case it becomes sexual. If mutually consensual, trusting and loving and exclusive, there is no sin.

Promiscuity and multiple partners generally results in damage to the participants, whether heterosexual or homosexual.

Rev. Ken
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Todd wrote:
<quoted text>How many times are your going to Spam us with the same lie?
Your filthy misinterpretation of these passages have been thoroughly discredited. The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and says that David is innocent of such serious sin.
No it doesn't
The fundies merely deleted the juicy parts of the story when they rewrote their own 'bible' in 1952
The original story remains intact in the Authorized King James Bible; and for good reason:
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be a bit of a stretch, brother. Born out of your own imagination.
But, it doesn't reallly make much difference. The scripture says that their souls were knit.
That is the key. Love between two men can be completely honest and holy, without any opening of or exchange between the lower chakras.
Or, it can include the excitation and opening of these chakras, in which case it becomes sexual. If mutually consensual, trusting and loving and exclusive, there is no sin.
Promiscuity and multiple partners generally results in damage to the participants, whether heterosexual or homosexual.
Rev. Ken
Sometimes we have to 'juice up the chakras' to get the attention of Josephine the Troll
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Todd wrote:
<quoted text>No Christian rejects a majority of the New Testament.
No Christian rejects the Bible's many commands against homosexual acts, found repeatedly in both Testaments.
You apparently have never read the Book of Acts, an extension of the Gospel of Luke. Paul was chosen by Jesus and inspired by Him. He was a major leader of the early church. You might also delve into the Didache, one of the very earliest Christian writings. It also condemns homosexual behavior, as have Christians since the beginning.
We don't worship 'bibles' or 'early churches' like you fundies do
False gods are not our bag

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
Honest Hebrew?
Is there dishonest Hebrew?...
Yes, you're one dishonest Hebrew.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes we have to 'juice up the chakras'...
"Sometimes" ...?
GLBTs like you lie about scripture all the time.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what Jonathan and David did ...

1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer.

There's two naked men laying face-down in the desert swapping seed to consummate marriage ....
Bur Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) said:

1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew “arum” or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.

1 Sam 20: 41-42: David “exceeded uncontrollably” refers to weeping; they were crying, and their friendship was pledged to last even unto the lives of their respective children (seed).

Spilling seed w/o any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18: 22 ...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew “arum” or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.
1 Sam 20: 41-42: David “exceeded uncontrollably” refers to weeping; they were crying, and their friendship was pledged to last even unto the lives of their respective children (seed).
Spilling seed w/o any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18: 22 ...
Who are you going to believe?'rabbi stein' or King James?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you going to believe?'rabbi stein' or King James?
Both before I'd ever believe an anonymous fool named "Rainbow".

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
(falsely attributed statements deleted)
Um dear, you seem to be forgetting that we all know that every word you have attributed to Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) is nothing but a pathological lie on your part.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Any word from the good Rabbi?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 681 - 700 of1,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••