Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

There are 1811 comments on the FITSNews story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Episcopal Drama Rocks SC. In it, FITSNews reports that:

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FITSNews.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#752 Jan 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
The fact that you can't prove that Stein said any of what you claimed and the reality that he has clearly hung you out to dry on this, proves you to be nothing more than a pathological liar and exposed as a complete fraud. THAT dear, is your problem.
You've got him down pat....
Oscar B Wild

Columbia, SC

#753 Jan 5, 2013
1 CORINTHIANS 6:9

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall

not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not

deceived: neither fornicators nor idolators,

nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers

of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor

covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor

extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.”

King James Version, 1611

No drunks, drug addicts or homosexuals in Heaven, that' why they call it the Good News. Choke on that one "Sick in Kansas."

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#754 Jan 5, 2013
Only God alone knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men....DO NOT BE FOOLED BY OUTWARD APPEARANCES!!!
Warren Beaty

Columbia, SC

#755 Jan 5, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Only God alone knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men....DO NOT BE FOOLED BY OUTWARD APPEARANCES!!!
That's pretty much covered in the first sentence, but thanks for trying to confuse the issue and help out at the same time.

More closely aligned with the issue is Peter's comment

"And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

1 Peter 4:18 (1611 King James Bible)

This kind of makes arguments in semantics a moot point.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#756 Jan 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
The fact that you can't prove that Stein said ...
Whether you and your gay ilk believe it or not, Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) said:

1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew “arum” or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.

1 Sam 20: 41-42: David “exceeded uncontrollably” refers to weeping; they were crying, and their friendship was pledged to last even unto the lives of their respective children (seed).

Spilling seed w/o any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18:22.

David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.

The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan?

Then again, for some, why is every relationship between 2 men or 2 women always sexual?...

Ricky, perhaps you can answer that for Rabbi Stein, myself and everyone else on this forum?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#757 Jan 5, 2013
Oscar B Wild wrote:
King James Version, 1611
No drunks, drug addicts or homosexuals in Heaven, that' why they call it the Good News. Choke on that one "Sick in Kansas."
Ummm
There is no mention of 'homosexuals' anywhere in the verse you posted
You made it all up
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#758 Jan 5, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you and your gay ilk believe it or not, Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) said:
1 Sam 18:4: the Hebrew “arum” or naked does not appear in the text; if Jonathan was naked, the Hebrew would definitively say so.
1 Sam 20: 41-42: David “exceeded uncontrollably” refers to weeping; they were crying, and their friendship was pledged to last even unto the lives of their respective children (seed).
Spilling seed w/o any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18:22.
David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.
The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan?
Then again, for some, why is every relationship between 2 men or 2 women always sexual?...
Ricky, perhaps you can answer that for Rabbi Stein, myself and everyone else on this forum?
What in the heck is a jewish guy doing writing new verses for a fundie 'bible'
Perhaps he was fired before he retired?
Oscar B Wild

Columbia, SC

#759 Jan 5, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm
There is no mention of 'homosexuals' anywhere in the verse you posted
You made it all up
Rainbow Skid,

As a resident troll of this post, you probably don't do much reedin' do ya boy? Cause your ignorant!

Of course reading, is pointless unless there is comprehension and retention to go along with it. How about asking an adult before you post your silly comments? LOL FB!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#760 Jan 5, 2013
Oscar B Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Rainbow Skid,
As a resident troll of this post, you probably don't do much reedin' do ya boy? Cause your ignorant!
Of course reading, is pointless unless there is comprehension and retention to go along with it. How about asking an adult before you post your silly comments? LOL FB!
I'll have you know I'm well put together and unconventionally clever
And furthermore:
I can make my all-day sucker last for two days
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-54_DrYDb1b4/TjwBKaj...
Max

Pekin, IL

#761 Jan 5, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have you know I'm well put together and unconventionally clever
And furthermore:
I can make my all-day sucker last for two days
If you felt good about choosing to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against homosexual acts, you wouldn't be trolling Christian threads.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#762 Jan 5, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
(see spam above)
Joe dear, why would it be necessary in what you are passing off as your mind, for me to refute something which I have already proved to be nothing but a pathological lie on your part in the first place? You made that sh*t up sweetie, what more needs to be said?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#763 Jan 5, 2013
Max wrote:
<quoted text>If you felt good about choosing to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against homosexual acts, you wouldn't be trolling Christian threads.
You'll have to be speaking for yourself on that one; mr. homopohobic fundie guy
GOD didn't put gay people on HIS command list:
++++++++++
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
++++++++++

Location hidden

#764 Jan 5, 2013
Oscar B Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Rainbow Skid,
YOUR IGNORANT??? Don't you mean YOU'RE????

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#766 Jan 6, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Joe dear, why would it be necessary in what you are passing off as your mind, for me to refute something which I have already proved to be nothing but a pathological lie ...
The only pathological lie on this forum is your "gay" retelling the relationship between David and Jonathan; no responsible rabbi would tolerate such foolishness.
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the heck is a jewish guy doing writing new verses for a fundie 'bible'...
You can't understand whay a rabbi would correct your bad Hebrew?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#767 Jan 6, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
The only pathological lie on this forum is ...
your own. You have been repeating it dozens of times over the years and you have now been called on it. I feel sorry for you, I do. You've gotten away with it for so long and now your lies are coming back to haunt you. Keep up the brave front, but you have to know that there is now no escaping your having been exposed as nothing more than a liar and a complete fraud. I'm certainly not going to let you forget,
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#768 Jan 6, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
The only pathological lie on this forum is your "gay" retelling the relationship between David and Jonathan; no responsible rabbi would tolerate such foolishness.
<quoted text>
You can't understand whay a rabbi would correct your bad Hebrew?
Be honest now; Josephine
Do I look like a hebrew?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#769 Jan 6, 2013
Oscar B Wild wrote:
King James Version, 1611
So you're a Pauline, big deal - I am a CHRISTIAN....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#770 Jan 6, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I feel sorry for you, I do. You've gotten away with it for so long and now your lies are coming back to haunt you ...
Why would a Hebrew lesson from a real rabbi haunt me?

Rabbi Israel Stein (retired) said:

Spilling seed w/o any procreation breaks the commandment to be fruitful and multiply; being gay also negates this commandment, hence the prohibition in Lev 18: 22.

Is that what's haunting you, Ricky?

Location hidden

#771 Jan 6, 2013
Wonder how long it will take Joe to create a Rabbi Stein sign on?

Location hidden

#773 Jan 6, 2013
I love GOOGLE!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 6 min LATER than WOODEN... 6,490
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 11 min Wondering 614
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 32
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Belle Sexton 34,548
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 3 hr 2all 426
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 11 hr Open Mind 126
News Japanese fans flock to Seoul for 'Yon-sama' wed... 11 hr Ainu 3
More from around the web