What's missing from pro-gay marriage ...

What's missing from pro-gay marriage TV ads? Gays

There are 282 comments on the KHQ-TV Spokane story from Sep 26, 2012, titled What's missing from pro-gay marriage TV ads? Gays. In it, KHQ-TV Spokane reports that:

President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney are pitching to college students and working-class voters in Ohio less than a week before early voting kicks off in the critical Midwestern state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHQ-TV Spokane.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#21 Sep 27, 2012
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell ya what, Sweetie, we'll do that the minute you throw in deadbeat fathers, battered wives and molested daughters in your ads in tribute to heterosexual marriage.
I've never seen an ad for marriage, gay or straight. Deadbeat fathers aren't usually married and partner abuse is just as bad for gay couples, married or not, and promiscuity is worse among homosexuals.
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#22 Sep 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen an ad for marriage, gay or straight. Deadbeat fathers aren't usually married and partner abuse is just as bad for gay couples, married or not, and promiscuity is worse among homosexuals.
why do they refuse to see that the thing that works best to prevent deadbeat dad is MARRIAGE?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#23 Sep 27, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
why do they refuse to see that the thing that works best to prevent deadbeat dad is MARRIAGE?
They are either stupid or they lie or both. They say whatever they think will make them look better. Sure, there are people that shouldn't have kids, there are teens that get pregnant. I posted a link to a study that showed lesbian pregnancy is 2X that of straight pregnancy among teens. They said it was our fault!
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#24 Sep 27, 2012
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell ya what, Sweetie, we'll do that the minute you throw in deadbeat fathers, battered wives and molested daughters in your ads in tribute to heterosexual marriage.
There's another one. Taking the 50% divorce rate and throwing away the good apples to make ones own perversions appear acceptable, healthy, and morally sound. When it is not. Not even close.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#25 Sep 27, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
so, only polls that say what you want are legitimate?
your polls are loaded and have NEVER match the vote..
why is that?
Because the article is about the vote in WASHINGTON state, not a nationwide vote.

I'm the first to admit the polling on marriage has usually been off by about 5 points, but some polls were more accurate than others.

We'll just have to wait and see how things turn out in Washington, Maine, Maryland, and Minnesota where the voting actually takes place.

For the record, I predict a win in Washington & Maine, but a close loss in Maryland & Minnesota.

Care to actually go on the record and make your own prediction?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#26 Sep 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They are either stupid or they lie or both. They say whatever they think will make them look better. Sure, there are people that shouldn't have kids, there are teens that get pregnant. I posted a link to a study that showed lesbian pregnancy is 2X that of straight pregnancy among teens. They said it was our fault!
Because it IS your fault; or at least the heterosexuals fault.

Teen lesbians wouldn't be getting pregnant if they weren't raped or forced into sex by heterosexual males. Or did you suddenly forget how girls get pregnant?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#27 Sep 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen an ad for marriage, gay or straight. Deadbeat fathers aren't usually married and partner abuse is just as bad for gay couples, married or not, and promiscuity is worse among homosexuals.


Many dedbeat fathers WERE Married, spousal abuse against wymyn is still epidemic in this counry as well as spoual cheating-but all this is academic and we both kow it. All of it is a mattr of character not orientation,and if you are going to define an entire group and their relationships in terms of its darker side, by that same standard of "honesty" the poster mentioned we then get to us that same yardstick a our defining of the other.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28 Sep 27, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
There's another one. Taking the 50% divorce rate and throwing away the good apples to make ones own perversions appear acceptable, healthy, and morally sound. When it is not. Not even close.
So, who gave you the authority to decide what's perverted and what's moral? I don't remember taking a vote.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#29 Sep 27, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it IS your fault; or at least the heterosexuals fault.
Teen lesbians wouldn't be getting pregnant if they weren't raped or forced into sex by heterosexual males. Or did you suddenly forget how girls get pregnant?
Honey we also know that statistics are meaningless without a context to put them in. Many HIV statistics are thrown out on this forum as an indictment, yet none of them want to aknowlege that the highest rates are amongst minorities cultures are very homophobic and hypermachismo, for instance. The numbers indicate something is going on, but not the what. But personally I can make some educated guesses as to the homophobia and pressure to "heterosexualize" that are the root cause of this.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#30 Sep 27, 2012
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
So, who gave you the authority to decide what's perverted and what's moral? I don't remember taking a vote.
It's called a dictionary with common sense applied.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32 Sep 27, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called a dictionary with common sense applied.
No Sweetie, it's only your pompous proclaiming, and you're neither smart enough or good enough for the office.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#33 Sep 27, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it IS your fault; or at least the heterosexuals fault.
Teen lesbians wouldn't be getting pregnant if they weren't raped or forced into sex by heterosexual males. Or did you suddenly forget how girls get pregnant?
See, you lie. Lesbian teens actually thought they would become straight if they had straight sex.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#34 Sep 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you lie. Lesbian teens actually thought they would become straight if they had straight sex.
Still your fault.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#35 Sep 28, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Still your fault.
Of course you would see it that way. Homosexuals like to play the victim and don't like to accept personal responsibility. Nothing new.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#36 Sep 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you lie. Lesbian teens actually thought they would become straight if they had straight sex.
Oh my.

You are saying that you were a lesbian teen? Wouldn't that be the only way to know what was in their minds?

But how would you know what was in the mind of other lesbian teens, even if you were one? Don't you think that people often have a variety of reasons for how they behave?

I actually know a couple of people who were in that boat as a teen, and I can tell you what they thought, if you would really like to know.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#37 Sep 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would see it that way. Homosexuals like to play the victim and don't like to accept personal responsibility. Nothing new.
Wanting to legally marry is "playing the victim" and not taking responsibility for one's action?

In what world is THAT true?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#38 Sep 28, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my.
You are saying that you were a lesbian teen? Wouldn't that be the only way to know what was in their minds?
But how would you know what was in the mind of other lesbian teens, even if you were one? Don't you think that people often have a variety of reasons for how they behave?
I actually know a couple of people who were in that boat as a teen, and I can tell you what they thought, if you would really like to know.
So, you didn't see the link to the study. Your assumptions are pathetic.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#39 Sep 28, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanting to legally marry is "playing the victim" and not taking responsibility for one's action?
In what world is THAT true?
What does that have to do with pregnant lesbian teens? You start the day stuppid and finish it the same way.

As for your playing the victim when it comes to marriage, of course you are. You want special laws to change the meaning an purpose of marriage. They have it and you don't. You have equality now. Marry an opposite sex partner or stay single. That's the law for EVERYONE.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#40 Sep 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with pregnant lesbian teens? You start the day stuppid and finish it the same way.
.
I was responding to YOUR OWN post, silly one.

Don't you even TRY to be sensible?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#41 Sep 28, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to YOUR OWN post, silly one.
Don't you even TRY to be sensible?
Here it is again:
See, you lie. Lesbian teens actually thought they would become straight if they had straight sex.

The question again:
What does that have to do with lesbian teen pregnancy?

Hint: Nothing. Gay marriage has nothing to do with lesbian teen pregnancy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... 9 hr OfficialTrumpCard 1,729
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... 17 hr Anne Russell 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 19 hr Levy Hater 31,925
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 20 hr Imprtnrd 38
News Bollywood in Taipei Tue TW_sugar_daddio 6
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) Tue jorvajor 128
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) Mon toabhah 36,047
More from around the web