Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36055 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#22152 Nov 9, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
We Have a Dumb Religion Problem -- Not a Political Problem
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer...
Great article, thanks. That IS the real problem.

Anchorage, AK

#22153 Nov 9, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Hello Rosa. I've watched now for 40 years as this problem has arisen. I'm sure glad that there is now more opposition to the Biblicists. How do you reverse time after 40 years? The Republicans efforts to shut government down should of been a wake up call for American voters. But, there is much work to do. Hammer the Right. Beat them back to the past. The problem is even in how the School Boards decide what is taught school kids; such endeavors indoctrinate the next voter population.

Here is another great article.

Jesus Must Be SO EMBARRASSED!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bishop-gene-rob...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22154 Nov 10, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Hello Rosa. I've watched now for 40 years as this problem has arisen. I'm sure glad that there is now more opposition to the Biblicists. How do you reverse time after 40 years? The Republicans efforts to shut government down should of been a wake up call for American voters. But, there is much work to do. Hammer the Right. Beat them back to the past. The problem is even in how the School Boards decide what is taught school kids; such endeavors indoctrinate the next voter population.
Here is another great article.
Jesus Must Be SO EMBARRASSED!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bishop-gene-rob...
Let's see, the shut-down was motivated my the assertion that ObamaDoesn'tCare was a disaster, living beyond our means is unsustainable, and that personal responsibility was better than big government.

Now you are justifying condemnation of those motives by asserting that inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning anal sex is really a good thing?

Okaaaaayyyy...

Snicker.
Pock Suppet

Revesby, Australia

#22155 Nov 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, the shut-down was motivated my the assertion that ObamaDoesn'tCare was a disaster, living beyond our means is unsustainable, and that personal responsibility was better than big government.
Now you are justifying condemnation of those motives by asserting that inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning anal sex is really a good thing?
Okaaaaayyyy...
Snicker.
fuckwit

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#22156 Nov 10, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Free will, as in doctrine?...
Free will, as in "free will": The ability or discretion to choose.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#22157 Nov 10, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we still have free will, or was Jesus supposed to "save" us from that too?
You do not have free will, free will is something that only people who have balanced their triune brain and brought harmony to the 3 parts experience. It is an illusion for you to believe you, an automaton, a flesh and blood machine, has free will.

And your pathetic reply proves that you know my words are true. Jesus failed. Get over it.

Location hidden

#22158 Nov 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much. lol
Exactly, But there is hope for the individual. Just like in one ejaculation there are billions of sperm and maybe one of them makes it to the egg to form a new being, the earth produces billions of human beings in the biosphere and maybe only one out of billions ever goes on to complete their evolution.

Our possibility is not to be a fancy cocoon but to evolve on and become a butterfly. To do that one must repair the conflicts with in our triune brains that prevent us from acting in unison and harmony as a single individual.

The wars will continue as long as people remain as they are; automatic flesh and blood machines who react to outside stimulus instead of conscious beings who are able to use reason and logic.

Location hidden

#22159 Nov 10, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
We Have a Dumb Religion Problem -- Not a Political Problem
That is a nice way of putting it. With out religion people would be forced to look for answers instead of pretending they already had them. And Con-Artists would have to go out and get real jobs.

Location hidden

#22160 Nov 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most bigoted and idiotic hate articles I've ever read.
So, you haven't read the Bible.

Location hidden

#22161 Nov 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your anger is making you stupid.
As always you speak from ignorance KiMare. You speak AS IF anger was a stick with only one end or a coin with only one side. As always your lack of understanding of reality here on the earth in this biosphere is astounding. Anger is the negative of Creativity in the same way that Greed is the negative of Generosity. And Pride is the negative of Humility.

You always want to comment on negatives. If you were a real person instead of a mad flesh and blood machine and if you knew something real, and you were a decent moral person, you would encourage people to learn how to evolve or convert their negatives into their possibilities. That is something a humanitarian would do, if he knew how of course.

Clearly you and your kind exist to make the world a worse place instead of a better one. If you had any decency at all you would be ashamed of yourself. The fact that in your twisted mind you justify your crime against the evolution of humanity is further proof of your mental decline and moral bankruptcy.

Location hidden

#22162 Nov 10, 2013
akopen wrote:
Mark 4: 25;
25To the one who has, more will be given; from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
What is being talked about here is evolution. He who has evolved from their mechanical conflicts within the triune brain, someone who has developed a body of attention over and beyond the triune brain, has more and more will be given him, but for those who have not evolved their psychology and remain as broken and defective as they became what from growing up around broken and defective people, even that shall be taken away from them, when they die, because when they die they shall die like dogs.

On the earth we are given opportunities and we have possibilities, not guarantees.

Location hidden

#22163 Nov 10, 2013
akopen wrote:
The greater man's nous is the greater man will understand.
To the extent man has brought harmony to his three centered brain and developed a body of attention the greater will be his understanding.

A man who does not even know how his lizard brain informs his neocortex when it has to go to the bathroom can hardly understand anything because he does not understand himself. What he is, what he can become. The kingdom of heaven is within. And people only look out. Out side themselves when all the answers are within.

Location hidden

#22164 Nov 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That was an excellent read wasn't it. I agree, thanks.

Location hidden

#22165 Nov 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem here KiMare is educating people who vote that living beyond our means is unsustainable. I am all for people taking personal responsibility for their lives. I do not want my government robbing me and throwing the money at people who are too lazy to work and have grown dependent on Government handouts.

I just found out that I can get paid for doing something I have been doing for the last year or so; taking care of my parents. Yes the Government has a program where they will pay me to take care of my parents. It is not the Republicans nor the Democrats but Government that is the problem.

When you claim the insane Democrats are worse than the insane Republicans you keep the Government powerful enough to keep destroying our rights and forcing us to do things we do not want to do.

Ya know, personally I do not like anal sex. However if other people like it it is their business, not mine or yours. I do not care if you feel it is degrading it is simply none of your business the peaceful activities of other consenting adults. It is insanity to demand the Government do something about the things you do not like nor approve of. You make the Government strong enough to do ObamaCare. Each time you ask the Government to do something it becomes stronger and will do something more.

The only sane solution is to reduce the size of government.

Compare that little Constitution and Bill of Rights booklet from the Cato Institute to the pallet of boxes that are the 2.5 million laws we are all responsible to obey. Why do we need a federal department of education? Because the Democrats and the Republicans are terrified that some school in California won't teach the same thing as one in say New York. People in Government want to control us from cradle to grave and you can't blame the liberals when the conservatives are just as guilty.

Government is bad not Democrats or Republicans.

Location hidden

#22166 Nov 10, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad flesh and blood machines do not have free will. Only balanced harmonious beings have freedom from their mechanicality and can make choices free of this mechanicalness. You live in a bubble of illusion, divorced from reality. If you had any clue about how many parts of you have the ability to choose it would terrify you. There is no single individual "I" in modern man.

One "i" chooses one thing and then another "i" chooses something else. You do not see your internal contradictions, if you did you would probably go insane. For most people prison or the lunatic asylum are their only choices.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#22168 Nov 10, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have free will ...
Yet I deliberately chose to refute your bogus claim that I didn't have it, and now you have chosen to make an ass out of yourself.

Or are you going to blame Jesus for that too?

Anchorage, AK

#22169 Nov 10, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that God did not speak of "free will." Free will is a doctrine. Doctrine is man's perception. Man's fantasy.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#22170 Nov 10, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text> My point was that God did not speak of "free will." Free will is a doctrine. Doctrine is man's perception. Man's fantasy.
Is homosexuality a doctrine?

Anchorage, AK

#22171 Nov 10, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting question. Not sure where you are going with the question.

No, homosexuality is not a doctrine.

Doctrine as it defines and teaches is as is established by the Church or denomination. As in the, Doctrine of Sin; the source of, the problem of, the permitting of, sin.

There is no doctrine of sin. What one believes about sin then must be applied to the issue of condemning homosexuality as a sin. I do not believe that the Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Those that do, I feel, needs to re-examine the Doctrine of Sin.

I often state that, sex is not defined as sin nor is sin defined as sex.

More to the point, Christianity is not moralistic. Morals and being moralistic have opposite meanings. There is no definition of morals, of ethics in the Bible but, there is plenty of teaching that would justify a doctrine of morals, ethics. But, a doctrine of homosexuality, nothing lends to a teaching or purpose to teach; whether for or against. As with all doctrines, man's ability to reason contributes to all doctrines.

"AS THERE IS NO REASON, BIBLICAL, ETHICAL NOR MORAL, TO CONTINUE TO DENY ANY CIVIL RIGHTS TO GAYS AND LESBIANS, ESPECIALLY IN TODAY'S WORLD. ALL HONORABLE PEOPLE SHOULD STAND IN SUPPORT OF GRANTING EQUALITY OF ALL LEGAL AND CIVIL RIGHTS TO GAYS AND LESBIANS."
http://home.earthlink.net/~ecorebbe/id18.html

Anchorage, AK

#22172 Nov 10, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
As I just replied, I'm not so sure that I understand why you questioned. One thing is for sure, every aspect of Christianity goes to defining issues that are controversial in modernity, even homosexuality. Such issues must be defined, addressed by basic Christian symbolism. The understanding of basic Christian symbolism has been lost by all that are Biblicists.

Such issues as our society face as a divided nation, divided community of Christian believers is because of losing site of Jesus' teaching. More so today than 250 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Orchard seeks withdrawal from UMC 4 hr Same Old Sex 22
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 11 hr jody70 276
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 21 hr Wondering 5,416
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) 23 hr Monsantos Mexico 78
News Hawaii Republican resigns from party after crit... 23 hr American_Infidel 8
News Lacusong: What is your religion's ultimate goal? Sun True Christian wi... 3
News Canada protestor tears Quran to protest prefere... Sun just Jay _ for fr... 1
More from around the web