Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34550 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#21931 Nov 4, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of bigoted losers what happened to R-1Shadow?
We must have run him off. Too bad huh?

Location hidden

#21932 Nov 4, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said, again. But it is nice that KiMare posts his idiocy so that we can correct him with facts and evidence and show all the lurkers he is perverse.
Eccles 1:15, DRB, The perverse are hard to be corrected, and the number of fools is infinite.
Full Definition of PERVERSE
a : turned away from what is right or good : corrupt
b : improper, incorrect
c : contrary to the evidence or the direction of the judge on a point of law <perverse verdict>
a : obstinate in opposing what is right, reasonable, or accepted : wrongheaded
b : arising from or indicative of stubbornness or obstinacy
: marked by peevishness or petulance : cranky
: marked by perversion
— per·verse·ly adverb
— per·verse·ness noun
— per·ver·si·ty noun
See perverse defined for English-language learners »
See perverse defined for kids »
Examples of PERVERSE
their perverse cruelty to animals
She has a perverse fascination with death.
He seems to take perverse pleasure in making things as difficult as possible.
His friends all enjoy his perverse sense of humor.
Is this some kind of perverse joke?
Like they say, there is no fool like an old fool. Even the Bible states it clearly.

Proverbs 26:11
As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#21933 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason his view is published
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
The reason Angelo's "view" is published is because he is a member of a Christ-insanity church that is quite good at suckering the pew warmers into wasting their money on such nonsense, lies and distortions.

No intelligent, self respecting person would have anything to do with a church that would do something like that to a fellow human being. And yet your insanity continues in the name of God.

You are living proof that there is no such thing as God because if there was such a thing as God you would have been smote long ago.

Christ-insanity is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Here is one example of many available to chose from that shows how demeaning your Christ-insanity is to women:

"For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)."

Women were not allowed to vote because of your Christ-insanity KiMare.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#21934 Nov 4, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It isn't that hard to get published.
2. Even if it resonates with others, that does not make it universally "so".
3. Assuming I did engage in anal, how does that affect you at all?
May I suggest that you do not have to defend yourself against the likes of KiMare, instead I suggest you attack him back. Like this:

KiMare wrote: Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

ALAN:KiMare would have us believe that the following verses are inherently helpful, healthy and uplifting: Any reasonable person knows these verses demean and degrade children by looking upon them as little more than beings to be punished for the misdeeds of others:

Ex. 20:5 ("I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"),

Lev. 26:22 ("I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children...."),

Hosea 13:16 ("Samaria shall become desolate: for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword; their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up"), and

Isa. 13:16-18 ("Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes; their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished.... Their bows will slaughter the young men; they will have no mercy on the first of the womb; their eyes will not pity children").

The following verses advocating child abuse are not very helpful, healthy and uplifting either:

Prov. 23:13-14 ("Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"),

Prov. 22:15 RSV ("Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him"),

Prov. 20:30 RSV ("Blows that wound cleanse away evil; strokes make clean the innermost parts"),

Prov. 13:24 RSV ("He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him"),

Prov. 19:19 ("Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying"),

Prov. 29:15 ("Thy rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother"),

Prov. 26:3 ("A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back <children are often foolish>"), and

Deut. 21:18-21 ("If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city...and they shall say to the elders of his city,'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from the midst").

Does anyone consider KiMare believable? Or acceptable? Or consistent?

KiMare has no problem with child abuse but has a problem with the peaceful consensual activities of adults. Amazing.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#21935 Nov 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense but keep preaching Pastor Greg. I guess you need some material for your weekly anal sex sermon. Keep it coming. You need to work your way through this.
Glad I could help.
I believe what KiMare is really looking for are a couple of volunteers to do anal sex in his church so all his pew warmers can watch.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#21936 Nov 4, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
For a person that finds anal sex icky, you sure seem to think about it, talk about it, and search for info on it quite a bit.
Most sane folks tend to stay away from things they don't like. And very few sane folks obsess about the sex that other people might possibly be having.
You must be fun at parties, demanding to know which of the party goers are engaging in sex acts you don't like, and then arguing with them into the wee hours of the night about their demeaning practices.
KiMare is unhealthy, harmful and demeaning. Just read one of his posts. That is why I usually only answer him with pot/kettle.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#21937 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a depraved reprobate.
Oh look, KiMare has learned a new word, you are welcome. But let me ask, is there another kind? You aren't trying to suggest to us that you are a reprobate that is not depraved are you? No one believes a word out of your mouth anyway, since we all know there is no difference between what comes out of it and what comes out of your anally obsessed ass hole.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#21938 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We come to God on HIS conditions.
ALAN: The following are the conditions; Please explain why you refuse to sell your computer and follow Jesus!

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

KIMARE: You are dragging people not just thru rebellion of God's way, but through denial of reality.

ALAN: Sell your possessions and give the money to the poor.

KiMare: When you stand before God, you will have no excuse because you have been warned.

ALAN: pot/kettle

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#21939 Nov 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Like they say, there is no fool like an old fool. Even the Bible states it clearly.
Proverbs 26:11
As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly.
And KiMare repeats his folly over and over and over.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21940 Nov 4, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't answer the question.
However, verse 18, which you quote above, makes the very point that you are trying to avoid!
First of all, the words the Apostle James spoke and wrote make reference to his own perceived observations - BEFORE any of his words and writings were ever determined to be worthy of being called "scripture!"
So, that which he refers to as "The Father of Lights" and the bringing forth by "the word of truth" are statements made about things OTHER THAN scripture.
Hence, the scripture that you are reading today, is only a translated reference to a reported quotation or idea. It is not the thing that it refers to.
But, YOU would have those reading what YOU have written to believe that SCRIPTURE is the "word" that James is talking about or referring to!
THAT is Your attempt to promote IDOLATRY!
YOU have become one among the very deceivers that James speaks about.
The "exercise of his will" and the bringing forth to be a "kind of first fruits" is precisely the Teaching that Jesus gave to Nicodemous when He said,
"You must be reborn in the Spirit."
Jesus doesn't say, "YOU MUST BE REBORN in the scripture!" The scripture that we have is only a reference to something that is the Reality. Not only that, it is FULL of errors and inconsistencies and incongruities and opposing and conflicting dictums, including mythical, allegorical and moralistic accounts.
Do the bible and the words within it have value?
Oh, YES! Of course.
But, are we to actually worship either it or the words, however printed or presented?
If we do, we make the very mistake that James so clearly warns against.
If you don't believe what I am saying here, ask yourself a simple question: What is the sin in taking your bible out into the back yard, ripping out its pages and setting fire to all of it on top of the campfire and roasting weiners and marshmallows over it and then taking delight in consuming them?
AND, for the adults in the crowd who may see fit, following the tasty toasted marshmallows with a nip of Jack Daniels to help warm the innards against the Witch of November?
Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of the Living Truth.
I avoided nothing.

You claimed God changes. I simply quoted just one passage that contradicts what you said. Moreover, it asserts that His promises can be trusted.

I am not worshiping the Bible, and you are not worshiping God.

Since: Jun 13

Anchorage, AK

#21941 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I avoided nothing.
You claimed God changes. I simply quoted just one passage that contradicts what you said. Moreover, it asserts that His promises can be trusted.
God does not change. God is perfect. God's creation is perfect and, to me that means that God does not interfere with Creation.

What changes is man's perception of God. Yours, for instance, is fraught with bad interpretation of God's Word.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#21943 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I avoided nothing.
Again, you attempt to judge, saying that I am not worshiping YOUR God!

How right you ARE!

Furthermore, you expect me to worship and idolize YOUR comprehension! Because it is YOUR comprehension of what God is that YOU call "God!" Then you again attempt to vest authority for what YOU believe into something outside of yourself, a book, in order to take authority FOR and within yourself!

YES. You have avoided answering the question. With your denial above, you have tried to avoid it again. In fact, you have avoided it so many times and in so many ways that it is difficult for you to even remember what it is that Jesus asks of you, in the first place!

That is why the Fundamentalists, that you and many others are so intent upon proving to everyone else that you are, have yourselves become so reliant upon the idolatry of the bible. You have no other foundation upon which to stand.

You are intent on proving people WRONG to themselves with it, instead of proving people right to yourself.

Was not the Samaritan, a reject of the Hebrews, commended and to have been ultimately rewarded because he came to the aid of another without regard for the Law and the edicts of scripture?

He didn't qualify his assistance by first asking the victim if he was a queer or a Republican, not that one is any better or worse than the other or less worthy than anyone else.

He didn't cross to the other side of the road claiming the right to avoid based upon scripture.

Yes, God changes. In the changing that IS Life, Light and Love and in its activity that is forever changing, The Father of Lights IS changeless; the bed of motionless, timeless Being in which we live and move and have our being, and yet, which IS the very essence of nothingness and at the same time ALL.

It focused itself and spoke to Moses, saying, "I am that I am." And in so speaking, changed everything simply because it acted.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#21944 Nov 4, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not change. God is perfect. God's creation is perfect and, to me that means that God does not interfere with Creation.
What changes is man's perception of God. Yours, for instance, is fraught with bad interpretation of God's Word.
Is that why you dropped your challenge of Ecc.?

Location hidden

#21945 Nov 4, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you attempt to judge, saying that I am not worshiping YOUR God!
How right you ARE!
Furthermore, you expect me to worship and idolize YOUR comprehension! Because it is YOUR comprehension of what God is that YOU call "God!" Then you again attempt to vest authority for what YOU believe into something outside of yourself, a book, in order to take authority FOR and within yourself!
YES. You have avoided answering the question. With your denial above, you have tried to avoid it again. In fact, you have avoided it so many times and in so many ways that it is difficult for you to even remember what it is that Jesus asks of you, in the first place!
That is why the Fundamentalists, that you and many others are so intent upon proving to everyone else that you are, have yourselves become so reliant upon the idolatry of the bible. You have no other foundation upon which to stand.
You are intent on proving people WRONG to themselves with it, instead of proving people right to yourself.
Was not the Samaritan, a reject of the Hebrews, commended and to have been ultimately rewarded because he came to the aid of another without regard for the Law and the edicts of scripture?
He didn't qualify his assistance by first asking the victim if he was a queer or a Republican, not that one is any better or worse than the other or less worthy than anyone else.
He didn't cross to the other side of the road claiming the right to avoid based upon scripture.
Yes, God changes. In the changing that IS Life, Light and Love and in its activity that is forever changing, The Father of Lights IS changeless; the bed of motionless, timeless Being in which we live and move and have our being, and yet, which IS the very essence of nothingness and at the same time ALL.
It focused itself and spoke to Moses, saying, "I am that I am." And in so speaking, changed everything simply because it acted.
Rev. Ken
I judged nothing.

God's Word judged your words. I simply imitated Jesus dealing with Satan.

Now you are attempting to shift the issue. Just like Satan did with Jesus.

Moreover, the good Samaritan rejected nothing. he fulfilled the Law in spirit and in truth.

I see far more fundamentalists engaged in
well

Round Lake, IL

#21946 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I judged nothing.
Moreover, the good Samaritan rejected nothing. he fulfilled the Law in spirit and in truth.
hatred...

Is your dementia getting the best of you?
I finished it for you, you're welcome...

Anchorage, AK

#21947 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you dropped your challenge of Ecc.?
I did not drop the challenge, as you call it, but was mearely waiting for your next response. One of us either missed the other's response or as you state, dropped it.

Anchorage, AK

#21948 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I judged nothing.
Do you and your congregation welcome gays in your worship services?

Anchorage, AK

#21950 Nov 4, 2013
carmen_flick wrote:
There is no god. Studding history you see that gods just built off of older gods that started out as natural things like the sun and moon. People worshiped the sun which became a god which became one of many gods which became the king of gods which became the only god.
Carmen, It would take a book to tell you how right you are and then it would take another book to tell you how wrong you are but then how write you are has to do with man's perception. Many gods according to man's perception and only one God that created the cosmos.

Man does not know God.

The Cosmic Plenum: Tillich: Urgrund and Urbild
http://www.bizcharts.com/stoa_del_sol/plenum/...

Location hidden

#21952 Nov 4, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God change? Doesn't make sense.

Location hidden

#21955 Nov 4, 2013
carmen_flick wrote:
Because man created the idea of god so as man changed god changed
<quoted text>
Very wise indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 9 min Thomas 57
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 30 min WasteWater 725
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr LATER than WOODEN... 6,517
News The Year's Craziest Right-Wing Conspiracy Theor... 1 hr Freebird USA 7
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 4 hr Joe 134
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 6 hr Jaimie 445
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr Mark 52,057
More from around the web