Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36050 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#21839 Nov 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Moreover, the Bible was created for all people. It in fact asserts that the Holy Spirit is required to properly understand what it says, NOT theologians. Does that mean they are a worthless?
That explains why your seminary closed, taking your degree down the toilet with it.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#21840 Nov 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that sermon on anal sex going for you Pastor Greg?
LMAO!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#21841 Nov 1, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains why your seminary closed, taking your degree down the toilet with it.
Cool! He had a major in Snake Oil Sales anyway.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21842 Nov 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Moreover, the Bible was created for all people. It in fact asserts that the Holy Spirit is required to properly understand what it says, NOT theologians. Does that mean they are a worthless?
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting what the Bible says explains why the seminary I attended closed?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#21843 Nov 1, 2013
Book Of Mormon tomorrow in Orlando!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#21844 Nov 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Quoting what the Bible says explains why the seminary I attended closed?
Context, Greg, context.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21845 Nov 2, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Context, Greg, context.
I included the context.

Please explain.

Smile.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#21846 Nov 2, 2013
Heading to see Book of Mormon today!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21847 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for long.
I am going to live forever while you are going to die like a dog.

If you understood Christianity at a level higher than the lowest most literal level you would know that this is true.

Location hidden

#21848 Nov 2, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
Long enough to get your attention and make you feel compelled to answer.
Apparently, it's working.
Sociopaths never see when they are the cause of a problem instead seeing the reaction to their abominable behaviour as the first cause.

Perhaps when KiMare had first waltzed in here he would have tried to use reason to get his point across instead of insults and condemnation he might not be subject to so many 'digs'.

However since he wanted to fight and condemn he deserves rude, condescending remarks. Let the petty bickering continue!

Location hidden

#21849 Nov 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. I guess monster mutations are a little bit deranged.
Just a little bit? I would suggest a whole hell of a lot deranged!

Location hidden

#21850 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Caught it scrolling by. Haven't bothered months to read the bulk. What is the point?
For you KiMare there really isn't much point at all. You are too old to change and the time given you to prefect your being has passed until now there is really nothing you can do except die like a dog. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.

You blew the opportunity the Universe gave you to become an Eternal Being and now all that is left is to die like a dog.

Honestly a part of me feels sorry for you because of that, but another part is glad that you get what you deserve. And a third part, damn all these parts!!!, knows that the Universe needs what we human beings are capable of producing and that you didn't produce it. And so you die. You do not get eternal life for believing nonsense.

The Universe is doing something and you are refusing to participate.

Location hidden

#21851 Nov 2, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
What KiMare says above is literalism. If you cannot read a passage and understand what the Word of God says then you are putting words in the mouth of God. Foolish, and unnecessary is all attempts to view God's message by understanding the culture, the philosopy the language, Church history. KiMare has admitted here that he only goes by what his personal opinion says the passage says. He refuses to understand the grammar or even the words written for him to, with the God given grace, understand the true meaning of any passage.
In defense of my exegesis on any Biblical passage let me say that I've found what I consider the best commentary on the Bible, I use the Greek and Hebrew Interlinear Bibles, and I use translators to get a better understanding of any given word.
Example, my study on perversion listed many passages translated to say perversion and yet only two of the passages quoted actually used the translation, perversion, for the same Greek word. All the other passages, demonstrating that, there then must be many different words in the Greek language that means perversion or, OR--the word perversion either represents many words or ideas or, just means that the original language was mistranslated.
A scientist uses terminology only understood because of an education in science and math. A biblical scholar speaks in terminology used to understand all the things above mentioned to learn the true meaning of a passage.
Ever read a passage and wonder what it was saying. Well, one wonders because they do not have the education to understand what they are reading. Ex., Hebrew is a concrete language and the thought process is very foreign to English speaking readers. English is an abstract language. If speaking in German one would say, "Throw the cow over the fence some hay." Well, even if I got that wrong it demonstrates how another language must be understood. Hebrew, for example, looks at a time line differently than English. The future is the past to a Hebrew. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/27_eternity.htm...
My word study of perversion demonstrates that the many different translations lend to a more perfect picture of what the perversion in each passage represents. Study references and the use of words to put together a better understanding of any passage in the Bible.
Because there exist on the earth beings who exist at 7 different levels there are seven different levels of understanding, of everything not just the Bible.

This is why we can never understand each other and even when we believe we understand each other we really don't. Can't would be a better word.

Human beings need to be better educated about our triune brains and how they are not in harmony with one another and that there is just as much internal conflict inside each of us as there is between each of us.

Someone who's lizard brain is where most of their manifestations arise can be called a number one man, someone who's manifestations arise mostly from the mammalian brain can be called a number two man, and someone who manifests mostly from the neo-cortex can be called a number three man.

These are the only kind of people you could ever hope to meet.

However someone who goes to school and learns how to balance the three brains and bring them into a harmonious state can be called a number 4 man. And etc.

It is likely that on the earth today there are less than 200 number 4 men. This alleged being you call Jesus was a number 7 man, a man who has reached the highest possible evolution possible for a human being. He is an Eternal Being and if you can balance your flesh and blood machine you can participate in the influence of the higher parts of the brain ....

I have said too much.

Location hidden

#21852 Nov 2, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
If not for you then be asurred that many others do read the bulk.
Thank you, I would hate to think no one was reading my posts. Although we do have lots of lurkers reading all of our posts.

Location hidden

#21853 Nov 2, 2013
akopen: I'm working on bulk KiMare. Soon. Soon. Soon your eyes will be opened.

ALAN: I doubt it. KiMare is too set in his ways and too old to change much. Good change bad change, does it matter?

akopen: Constantines eyes were opened on the last moments of his life. He was too scared to commit to Christianity, the Church and fail his new, changed ways. So he waited until the very last moment.

ALAN: The very last moment is too late. Like billions and billions of human beings Constantine died like a dog.

akopen: Change is good.

ALAN: What is there in us that can change? Change for the better or change for the worse? Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic is how most people live their lives but if one wants to participate in what the Universe is doing one must come to terms with the conflicts between the different centers of his brain, the triune brain. Real change is only possible when the three lower centers, the lizard brain, the mammalian brain and the neocortex are brough into a state of balance and harmony. And since few human beings ever accomplish this it is unlikely real change is possible.

Science has proven they can change the behaviour of lab rats.

Location hidden

#21854 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Moreover, the Bible was created for all people.
Wrong again KiMare. The Bible was not "created". It is a collection of stories from many ancient schools and it is not for all people but for students of these schools. Students who can understand them because they know the language they were written in.

Certain students of these schools who were too lazy to do the work required of them took these ancient teachings, invented a God and started a religion for the purpose of being the head Con-artist in charge.

You do not even see how much damage you do to humanity with your low level of literal formatory "understanding" of these ancient teachings.

Location hidden

#21855 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to understand is that the history of man is degeneration.
What you are incapable of understanding KiMare is that humanity does not live up to its full potential. Each human being has the possibility of awakening, of becoming more conscious.

You are not qualified to tell us about the real history of man because you are cut off from the higher parts of the brain that make knowledge of and understanding of the real history of humanity impossible for you.

You are a defective flesh and blood machine, and if it were not too late for you I would suggest you find a school and get repaired.

The fall of man, is when humanity was put into a deep sleep for certain cosmic purposes. It is time for you to wake up and begin to exist in the present moment instead of your immoral imagination.

It is like our ancestors were put to sleep by a hypnotist an when he said, wake up, no one did.

Location hidden

#21856 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, you falsely claim God and truth change. Direct conflict with what the Bible says. It is that very stability that we are to base our faith on. A house built on the Rock.
GOD CHANGES HIS MIND: "The Lord said: I have forgiven them at your request...." (Num. 14:20). "God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not" (Jonah 3:10). "God said to Balaam,'Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.'.... That night God came to Balaam and said,'Since these men have come to summon you, go with them, but do only what I tell you.' Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the princes of Moab. But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him...." (Num. 22:20-22). God told Balaam not to go, then changed his mind and told him to go and punished him when he did. Talk about indecision!

Finally, in 2 Kings 20:1 Isaiah came to the sick Hezekiah and told him he would die and not recover according to God's word. But according to the 4th and 5th verses God told Isaiah to go back and tell Hezekiah that because God had heard his prayer and seen his tears he would be healed and live 15 more years. Again, God changed his mind.

Anchorage, AK

#21857 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to understand is that the history of man is degeneration. That includes their faith. It was God's warning to the Israelites when they entered the Promise Land. It was Jesus' message to the Jews of during His ministry of 'old wine skins' It is the history of denominations, that they begin as revivals and begin a slow deterioration, and are replaced instead of revived. We are seeing the same thing with our Republic, as historians warned we would. It has even been my argument about marriage in our time.
Moreover, you falsely claim God and truth change. Direct conflict with what the Bible says. It is that very stability that we are to base our faith on. A house built on the Rock.
KiMare, you played this degeneration of the history of man before with a documented abstract. I read that abstract and what you have done is no different than what you do with interpreting the Bible. You put into what you read your own personal conclusion. You read into the abstract more than it said.

What you've done is to establish that marriage is a relationship established by God to which you have no proof of except to say that marriage is a doctrine of your Christian faith.

At least my conclusions have documentation. I know that the Christian community clings to this idea of man's, marriage as if it was God's law but your problem is that you cannot show proof of God's law, marriage. What can be shown is a singular idea of love throughout the Bible. That, KiMare, is the context of the Bible, not homosexuality, not sin (plural).

Anchorage, AK

#21858 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I included the context.
Please explain.
Smile.
Know you don't. You provide no context, no documentation. You take the concept of the Holy Spirit and you claim that the Spirit is in you and it is not. You are moralistic and miss the context. You'd rather cling to sin. Sin/Moralistic/judgemental/per verted/profaned.

The Holy Spirit, if you were affected by the Spirit, would follow the context of the Bible. Since you don't follow the context of the Bible you do not have the Spirit in you. You are not led by the Spirit.

Oh, you think you are?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prominent chefs oppose baker in major gay right... 1 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Travis Turbil 13,071
News Tanzania suspends NGO for 'promotion' of gay ma... 6 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 3
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 9 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 343
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 14 hr paully 32,030
News From Jamaica to Knees 16 hr Team Kelly 1
News Former gay activist backs 'no' campaign Fri Christsharia sLaw 2
More from around the web