Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34848 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20303 Sep 29, 2013
asd wrote:
<quoted text> ...the Word of God. That Word says ...
The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1 Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).

You are a moron asd, an imbecile, a retard, but then most of your pew warmers are for believing the Bible can be trusted, it can't.

Location hidden

#20304 Sep 29, 2013
asd wrote:
<quoted text> Free will, dude.
One of the most prominent figures in modern church history, John Calvin, is strongly associated with a belief that is repugnant to most of Christendom, i.e., predestination. Most biblicists believe that God knows what will occur prior to the event but leaves man free to make the choice. In other words, men are free to choose what God already knows will happen. Calvin, on the other hand, stressed biblical pronouncements to the contrary. God doesn't just know ahead of time; he determines it; he fixes it; he plans it; it's his idea. In reality, Calvin viewed free will as myth. In so doing he highlighted one of the most serious, most prominent contradictions in biblical theology--free will versus determinism. His opponents rightly observed that the abolishment of free will destroys moral responsibility. But unfortunately for them literally scores of verses substantiate his position. An exhaustive list in descending order of strength would include the following:

(1) "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,.... Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ himself, according to the good pleasure of his will" (Eph. 1:4-5),
(2) "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son,.... Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called...." (Rom. 8:28-30),
(3) "And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord; and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:48),
(4) "But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth" (2 Thess. 2:13),
(5) "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his (not our) own will" (Eph. 1:11),
(6) "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10),
(7) "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you" (John 15:16),
(8) "For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess. 5:9 RSV),
(9) "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps" (Prov. 16:9),
(10) "He will carry out what he has planned for me, and of many such matters He is mindful" (Job 23:14 Mod. Lang),
(11) "Only, let every one lead the life which the Lord has assigned to him, and in which God has called him" (1 Cor. 7:17 RSV),
(12) "...your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:16 NIV),
(13) "Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Prov. 20:24),
(14) "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other" (Matt. 24:3l),(15) "...whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world,...." (Rev. 17:8),
(16) "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Rev. 20:15),
(17) "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him" (John 6:44),
(18) "...no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father" (John 6:65),
(19) "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call" (Acts 2:39),

To be continued:

Location hidden

#20305 Sep 29, 2013
Continued:

(20) "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" (Prov. 19:21 NIV),
(21) "The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord" (Prov. 16:33),
(22) "Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed" (Job 14:5 NIV),
(23) "From one man God made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live" (Acts 17:26 NIV),
(24) "...for that that is determined shall be done" (Dan. 11:36),
(25) "Therefore I endure all things for the elects' sakes that they may obtain the salvation which is in Christ...." (2 Tim. 2:10),(26) "And a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed" (1 Peter 2:8),
(27) "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men,...." (Jude 4),
(28) "Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts" (Psalm 65:4),
(29) "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,...chosen and destined by God the Father...." (1 Peter 1:1-2 RSV),
(30) "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (2 Tim. 1:9),
(31) "And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved" (Acts 2:47),
(32) "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord...." (Psalm 37:23),
(33) "Then the King will say to those at his right hand,'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matt. 25:34 RSV),
(34) "...but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you" (John 15:19),
(35) "All that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (the Devil.) whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev. 13:8),
(36) "Jesus said to them,'You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father'" (Matt. 20:23 NIV),
(37) "They (Herod, Pilate, the Gentiles and the people of Israel) did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen" (Acts 4:28 NIV),
(38) "He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen...." (Acts 10:41 NIV),
(39) "Who (Jesus) verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you" ((1 Peter 1:20), and
(40) "Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou comest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations" (Jer. 1:4-5).

Location hidden

#20306 Sep 29, 2013
xxCJ_HOTxx wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was anti hate.
Jesus: 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

Location hidden

#20307 Sep 29, 2013
xxCJ_HOTxx wrote:
<quoted text>The more you spew out hate, you stab Jesus in the back with a knife each time.
JESUS Matthew 25:40 MARY “Truly I tell you, whatever you do to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you do to me.’

Location hidden

#20308 Sep 29, 2013
asd wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that ...
No one believes that you do, but if you did, no one cares.

You must be the world's most stupid pew warmer if you believe other people give a rat's ass about what you "think" [read believe].

Location hidden

#20309 Sep 29, 2013
asd wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right [xxCJ_HOTxx]. Not a scholar. But scholarly enough to know obfuscation and simple dodging.
pot/kettle

Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."

Jesus guarantees that if two men agree to have gay sex with one another his father accepts it.

Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"

There is a time for homosexuality and a season for sodomy.

Location hidden

#20310 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your distinction of Leviticus is false.
Your dilution of Paul's words is false.
Both are rejected by the vast majority of Biblical scholars throughout history, not to mention the Judeo/Christian practices of faith. Oh, and your own Catholic faith.
Jesus referred to homosexuals in Matthew 19, in addressing the Disciple's question. The first category of eunuchs is clearly homosexual celibacy.
His distinction of Leviticus is true.
His clarification of Paul's words is true.
Both are accepted by the vast majority of Biblical scholars throughout history, not to mention the Judeo/Christian practices of faith. And yes the Catholic faith.
Jesus did not refer to homosexuals in Matthew 19, in addressing the Disciple's question. The first category of eunuchs is absolutely not homosexual celibacy.

----------

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
(also Psalm 63:2 Isa.6:1 & 6:5, Amos 7:7-8, Ezek. 20:35, Ex 24:9-10

Location hidden

#20311 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus is anti-hate. He is however pro truth. In fact, He inseparably connects truth and love.
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."

Can you feel the anti-hate?

Jesus: 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

More love!

Smile.

Location hidden

#20312 Sep 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it that Jesus said deliberately, distinctly, and intentionally about homosexuals.
Still waiting....
Troll on, KiMerde.
You do not need to tell KiMerde to troll on as it is the only thing he is good at and the only thing he enjoys doing. Having no life out side of obsessing about gay people.

And you will have to wait forever because KiMerde has no answers only his assertions which are worth as much as what comes out of his ass. Which is to say, so the "simple minded" pew warmers can understand, nothing.

Location hidden

#20313 Sep 29, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the "deviancy" is in your own mind. YOU are the one thinking about sex acts and the like, right? Unless you believe that living, working, loving, marrying, and everything that normal folks do is "deviant".
Because that's exactly way gay folks DO - the same things that everyone else does.
The only different is that God created gay folks with only the attraction to the same gender, for His own purposes. Yes, we do have a choice as to how we deal with that, and the majority of us choose to deal with it in the same way that YOU deal with your orientation. There is not a separate standard ONLY for gay folks.
We live, work, play, make friends, form families, raise kids, support charities, buy things, and eventually, we die.
If you want to choose a tiny difference to focus on, and imagine deviancy there, then that's your choice and your problem, but don't project it on folks you have never met.
You are not under any obligation to defend yourself to the likes of 'asd'. He is a "simple minded' biblically ignorant pew warming hate monger who can not get the thoughts of gay sex out of his mind and it drives him crazy because he believes the worlds most contradictory book says gay sex is wrong, which is crazy of course, since gay sex is a gift from God to humanity, and if it were not for Christ-insanity most everyone would be doing it. Christ-insanity-ists like our resident loon 'asd' hate it that any two people might enjoy each others bodies so while ignoring his own bad behaviour, he condemns what he secretly desires more than anything else in the world, the touch of another man.

I speak the truth.
Dickerman

Brooklyn, NY

#20314 Sep 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1 Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).

You are a moron asd, an imbecile, a retard, but then most of your pew warmers are for believing the Bible can be trusted, it can't.
Quit spamming the boards with your nonsense Rev. Fagg@t. For someone who enjoys molesting little boys, you sure spew a lot of bible verses to cover. You pathetic piece of sh!t.

Location hidden

#20315 Sep 29, 2013
This is what the Christ-insanity-ists read to children on Sunday mornings in Sunday School Bible Study.

"So we boiled my son, and ate him. And on the next day I said to her,`Give your son, that we may eat him.' but she has hidden her son" (2 Kings 6:28-29 RSV) and
"The hands of compassionate women have boiled their own children; they became their food...." (Lam. 4:10 RSV) and
"What is to die, let it die; what is to be destroyed, let it be destroyed; and those that are left devour the flesh of one another" (Zech. 11:9 RSV) and
"They snatch of the right, but are still hungry, and they devour on the left, but are not satisfied; each devours his neighbor's flesh" (Isa. 9:20 RSV) and
"you shall eat the offspring of your own body, the flesh of your sons and daughters.... The man who is the most tender and delicately bred among you will grudge food to his brother, to the wife of his bosom,...so that he will not give to any of them any of the flesh of his children whom he is eating.... The most tender and delicately bred woman among you...will grudge to the husband of her bosom...her children whom she bears, because she will eat them secretly,..." (Deut. 28:53-57 RSV).

Location hidden

#20316 Sep 29, 2013
In Matthew 27:46 Jesus cried with a loud voice say: " Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

How could Jesus be Savior of all mankind when he couldn't even save himself. These aren't the words of a man who went to the Cross willingly to die for our sins. These are the words of a man who could think of a hundred places he would rather be. They certainly the words of someone who has the situation under control.

Location hidden

#20317 Sep 29, 2013
How would you judge this comment?

Choose up to 3
Dickerman

Brooklyn, NY

#20320 Sep 29, 2013
Again, It's amazing how many stupid uneducated filthy Queer PedophiIes we have loafing on these threads. It's appalling that these uncouth perverts be allowed out in society, let alone on these threads. Take Rev. Fagg@t AKA
Rev. Alan for example, it's one of the most disgusting pieces of sh!t there is on here. It's really hard to imagine, just how many little boys he's molested in his time. It's just sickening, just sickening.

Location hidden

#20321 Sep 29, 2013
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29) and

"I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9) and

"I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine" (Isa. 49:26 RSV) and

"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you, and sons shall eat their fathers...." (Ezek. 5:10)

Location hidden

#20322 Sep 29, 2013
GOD: "And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29)

Isn't it amazing how the Christ-insanity-ists use Leviticus to harass gays when Leviticus tells them to eat the flesh of their sons and daughters. Why do they promote one verse while ignoring this one?

Because of course, they are all retarded pew warming reprobates who haven't an honest decent bone in their body.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#20323 Sep 29, 2013
What do the GREEK and HEBREW say?

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#20325 Sep 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it closely.
Apparently, you didn't.

"Our research indicates that alternative family structures do not necessarily result in a disadvantage for children, and, in certain cases, alternative family structures may contribute to greater parental allocation of resources to children. This finding is part of a growing recognition of the strengths demonstrated by alternative family structures. In addition, adopted adults—like adults from two-biological-parent families—show advantages in terms of educational achievement, employment success, and asset accumulation over adults raised in all other alternative family configurations."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As gay marriage fight continues in Kentucky, LG... 3 min lalala 1
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 50 min Prep-for-Dep 1,298
News Kentucky clerka s defiance on same-sex marriage... 1 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 24
News Judge, clerk in marriage case dealt with nepoti... 1 hr Belle Sexton 8
News Dick and Liz Cheney school conservative host on... 2 hr Erasmus1 1
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 3 hr TomInElPaso 384
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... 6 hr Mikey 33
More from around the web