Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 35856 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20265 Sep 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that represents a majority view of people towards their parents?
He does think, you should try it sometime. You might become a half way decent person if you did. But I doubt it will happen, after all you are a Christ-insanity-ist.

Location hidden

#20266 Sep 28, 2013
http://www.gaysocialites.com/2013/09/26/georg...

President George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush ..., the former President and first lady showed their support [of gay marriage] by attending a same-sex wedding ceremony recently.

According to ABC News, George and Barbara headed to Maine, where gay marriage has been legal since December 2012, to see two women tie the knot.

Bonnie Clement and Helen Thorgalsen, who own HB Provisions, a Kennebunk, Maine, general store, got the former president’s official stamp of approval despite the fact that Bush has not officially declared his position on same sex-marriage.

“This has been a wonderful wedding experience for us and we were honored to have President and Mrs. Bush not only in attendance but also happy to sign our license,” Thorgalsen, who is with her wife on their honeymoon in London, told ABC News.

“As Nancy Sosa, our officiant, said,‘God did not make a love that is wrong.’ If we can make a difference in the world with our wedding and marriage, we are thrilled,” she added.

A Bush spokesperson released the following statement about Mr. and Mrs. Bush’s attendance

“They were private citizens attending a private ceremony for two friends,” said Jim McGrath.

Former President Bush, a Republican, signed Clement and Thorgalsen’s marriage license as a witness. They posted the above photo on Facebook over the weekend.

Location hidden

#20267 Sep 28, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Go have another drink fool.
As long as that drink is Drano, I am all for that. As a believer Shadow can drink a quart of Drano and it "shall not hurt" him [or her, or it].

Of course Shadow knows his God can not be trusted to tell the truth so there is little chance Shadow will ever drink any Drano.

Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The Bible tells us how to recognize real and true Christians, I'd have to say that Shadow doesn't qualify, wouldn't you?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20268 Sep 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as that drink is Drano, I am all for that. As a believer Shadow can drink a quart of Drano and it "shall not hurt" him [or her, or it].
Of course Shadow knows his God can not be trusted to tell the truth so there is little chance Shadow will ever drink any Drano.
Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
The Bible tells us how to recognize real and true Christians, I'd have to say that Shadow doesn't qualify, wouldn't you?
I doubt he has that much faith. lol

Location hidden

#20269 Sep 28, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt he has that much faith. lol
I doubt he has any faith at all. He claims that with God all things are possible yet with God he can't deal with a few Bible quotes.

What a silly religion this Christ-insanity is.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20270 Sep 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt he has any faith at all. He claims that with God all things are possible yet with God he can't deal with a few Bible quotes.
What a silly religion this Christ-insanity is.
Sometimes.... lol

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20271 Sep 28, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what the majority view is. I'm just saying that your notion of biological parents always being what's best for children is false. Sometimes adoption is what's best.
There was a time when extended families lived together and children were raised by the whole family. That was much better for them than the nearly-isolated nuclear family of today.
Sure you know that the vast majority of children prefer their birth parents.

I never said that ALL parents are better.

I am saying that statistically, no default parent comes close to natural parents.

I am saying that there is a bond between a birth parent and child that statistically is vastly distinct from any other. Hence the age old adage,'blood is thicker than water'.

However, to justify ss couples, the advantage and bond of natural parents has to be denied to equate ss homes.

Only an depraved idiot would throw children under the bus to justify that.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#20272 Sep 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I am saying that statistically, no default parent comes close to natural parents.
Why don't you back up this assertion with some statistics? The reality is that you can't, and even if you could, it wouldn't be relevant to the topic at hand.

Location hidden

#20273 Sep 28, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you back up this assertion with some statistics? The reality is that you can't, and even if you could, it wouldn't be relevant to the topic at hand.
http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567%2809...

Location hidden

#20274 Sep 28, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you [KiMare] back up this assertion with some statistics? The reality is that you can't, and even if you could, it wouldn't be relevant to the topic at hand.
Good comments.

KiMare will be confused by your comments; statistics, what is that? If his brain farts he believes God is speaking to him in his head and God wouldn't give him these thoughts if they weren't right, correct and unquestionable. But they are questionable as you have demonstrated.

Clearly all normal people must cringe when reading his psycho babble assertions which have no basis in reality. He just makes things up as he goes along pretending his every thought is God inspired. I get so tired of his baseless and wholly unconvincing assertions that I end up stepping over his posts just like I step over dog shit on the sidewalk.

Location hidden

#20275 Sep 28, 2013
That was the first one that came up. There are countless examples.

You are such an idiot.

Location hidden

#20276 Sep 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>nothing worth repeating
Surely you know that the vast majority of children prefer non-Christian parents.
I said that ANY parents are better than Christian parents.
I am saying that statistically, no Christian parent comes close to decent parents.
I am saying that there is a bond between a birth parent and child that Christians will never experience. Hence the age old adage,'blood is thicker than water'.
Same Sex couples are uniquely qualified to bond with both their natural children and those they adopt.
Only an depraved Christ-insanity-ist would throw children under the bus to justify depriving children of a loving same sex couple.

Location hidden

#20277 Sep 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
You are such an idiot.
Says the biggest idiot in all of Topix.

Among those beliefs crucial to Christianity few are of greater importance than that of the Resurrection. Paul went so far as to allege the very foundation of Christianity rests upon its occurrence.

1Cor. 15:14 "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain." ( also: 1 Cor. 15:17)

Yet, why should the Resurrection be of such significance? Elijah raised a child from the dead (1 Kings 17:17, 21-22); Samuel said to Saul, "Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me" (1Sam. 28.7, 11, 15); Elisha raised the dead son of a Shunammite ( 2 Kings 4:32, 34-35); a dead man being lowered into a grave revived when he touched the bones of Elisha (2 Kings 13:21); Moses and Elijah revived at the time of the Transfiguration ( Luke 9:28, 30 );the saints arose at the time of Jesus' death ( matt. 27:52-53 ); Jairus' daughter rose from the dead (Matt. 9:18, 23-25 ); the widow at Nain's son rose from the dead (Luke 7:11-15 ); and Lazarus rose from the dead ( John 11:43-44 ). All of these people ascended from death and all did so before Jesus. So why attribute so much importance to the event. By the time Christ rose from the dead this was a rather common occurrance. Moreover, people not only rose from the dead before Jesus but after as well. Peter raised Tabitha and Paul raised Eutychus.

Location hidden

#20278 Sep 28, 2013
There are 33,820 Christian denominations or similar distinct organizations worldwide, yet we have Jesus words as follows:

John 10:16 And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd.

Location hidden

#20279 Sep 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
http://
What part of "it wouldn't be relevant to the topic at hand" didn't you understand KiMare? What a moron you are.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#20280 Sep 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Are you sure about that?
http://www.iaccenter.com/adoptive_investment....
KiMare wrote:
Hence the age old adage,'blood is thicker than water'.
There are plenty of old sayings that are simply falsehoods. Repeating "age old adages" does not make for a valid aragument.

Location hidden

#20281 Sep 28, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of old sayings that are simply falsehoods. Repeating "age old adages" does not make for a valid argument.
Has anything KiMare ever said made a valid argument?

Location hidden

#20282 Sep 28, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure about that?
http://www.iaccenter.com/adoptive_investment....
<quoted text>
There are plenty of old sayings that are simply falsehoods. Repeating "age old adages" does not make for a valid aragument.
Read it closely.

Yes, adoptive parents invest more.

But they still get less that natural parents in child welfare outcome.

Age old adage; 1

Wolfy; 0

Location hidden

#20283 Sep 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
nonsense snipped
Read it closely.
Yes, Christian parents invest less in children than do gay parents.
Christian parents deserve less that natural non-theist gay parents in child welfare outcome.

Wolfy: 1
KiMare 0

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#20284 Sep 28, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You, alan and the unrev need to go look in a mirror pervert and stop projecting your perverted chosen lifestyle on the rest of the normal world.
The correct expression is invert, even though it's a bit old-fashioned.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/invert
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_inversion... (sexology)

You're the pervert round here, sonny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Transgender people in bathroom: Laugh or cry 10 min Ronald 143
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr tongangodz 4,052
News Battle over N.C. transgender law intensifies as... 5 hr Rose_NoHo 35
News Family fear deportation after Saudi government ... 14 hr The Proclaimer 1
News Miley Cyrus planning summer wedding to Liam Hem... 18 hr Billy Moore 1
News Slovenians vote on whether to uphold same-sex m... Wed dina890 4
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) Wed Mr Johnson 52,073
More from around the web