Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
17,941 - 17,960 of 24,873 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#20082 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say that?
When did you start caring what the Bible says?

ACTS 2:18-20 ("And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come") versus JOEL 2:29-31 ("And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come"). Peter misquoted Joel in several respects.
(a) Joel says "the" servants and "the" handmaids rather than "my" servants and "my" handmaids and says nothing about them prophesying.
(b) Joel says "the heavens," which is plural, rather than "heaven above."
(c) Joel does not have "beneath" or "signs," and he has "pillars" instead of "vapour."
(d) And Joel has "terrible day" rather than "notable day" which could hardly be a reference to the wonderful arrival of Jesus.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20084 Sep 10, 2013
Hey! Rev. Alan!

For the most part, you do good work.
Keep it up.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#20085 Sep 10, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to convince me, I've known all along that you're one sick piece of queer shit. You're beyond help. There's only one way to end your pain, and you know what that is.
The above is Not the response of a disciple of Christ Jesus.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#20086 Sep 10, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Any book claiming a woman turned into a pillar of salt (Gen. 19:26), the sun went backward 10 degrees on the sundial (2 Kings 20:11), and quails came from the sea (Num. 11:31) is going to have great difficulty demonstrating its scientific precision to any reasonably scientific mind.
I have found the most fantastic FREE online courses from Yale. I am listening to the Old Testament now. It is a 25 one hour lecture series. Brilliant information. Just Google free online courses Yale and listen. I am looking forward to the New Testament as well.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20087 Sep 10, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
How do people get to be so stupid?
You'll have to ask KiMerde that question.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20088 Sep 10, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>[blah blah blah snipped]
There is no such thing as God and your Bible has as many errors as a large screen door has holes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20089 Sep 10, 2013
RevKen wrote:
Hey! Rev. Alan!
For the most part, you do good work.
Keep it up.
Rev. Ken
Thanks. May I suggest that with KiMerde you are casting pearls before swine. It is a waste of time to reason with him because he can not learn that the six verses in his Bible can not be trusted to tell him about homosexuality.

All I can do is quote the Bible back to him, not to help him because he can not be helped, but to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a loony tune who can not learn to be a decent human being.

There will always be defective people who try to make normal people's lives miserable but they have already lost only they are too stupid to accept it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20090 Sep 10, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a good man RevKen, not because of Christianity but in spite of it. Shadow might be as real as Christianity gets.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20091 Sep 10, 2013
The Bible has many heroes who play a crucial role in the formulation of Biblical concepts and ideology. Jesus, Paul, Abraham, David and Peter are among the more prominent figures. Unfortunately, each of these individuals has serious deficiencies in his character and should not be depicted as models for our children to emulate. Peter is as good an example as any of one lacking in courage and integrity. All of the following acts, statements, and events in the New Testament show poor judgement associated with naming churches, cathedrals, basilicas, and so forth after him, and the absurdity of granting him sainthood:

•He denied Jesus three times and lied under oath in the process (Matt. 26:70, 72.74-75);
•he will be denied by Jesus in Heaven because he denied Jesus before men (Matt. 10:33);
•he falsely and deceptively stated he would never desert Jesus, although all others may (Matt. 26:33);
•he lied when he said he would stand behind Jesus to the end (Luke 22:33);
•he was called Satan by Jesus(Matt. 16:23);
•he admitted he was sinful (Luke 5:8); he drew a sword and violently cut off a man's ear (John 18:10);
•he was rebuked by Jesus for having little faith (Matt. 14:31) and intruding into Jesus' affairs (John 21:21-22);
•he rebuked Jesus and accused him of making a false statement (Matt.16:22);
•he repeatedly failed to stay awake at the Garden of Gethsemane when asked to so by Jesus (Matt. 26:40-45);
•he wanted to know what was in it for him if he followed Christ (Matt. 19:27);
•he acted afraid and cowardly by refusing to eat with converted Christian gentiles because Jewish legalists were approaching and would object (Gal. 2:11-12);
•he, along with other apostles, felt the report of the Resurrection by the women was an idle tale (Luke 24:10-12);
•he entered Samaritan villages (Acts 8:25) in direct defiance of Jesus' commands (Matt. 10:5);
•he alleged Lot was righteous (2 Peter 2:7-8) despite the fact that Lot offered his virgin daughters to a crowd (Gen. 19:8), was wicked like the others, and did not deserve to be saved from Sodom and Gomorrah's destruction;
•after publicly accusing Ananias before the entire community and frightening him to death, he repeated the act with Ananias' wife (Acts 5:1-10) in contradiction of Jesus' admonitions to show concern for the sensibilities of others (Matt. 5:7. 39);
•he deceptively asked Jesus who was going to betray him (John 21:20), yet was present when Jesus exposed his future betrayer at the Last Supper (Matt. 26:25) and was present when Judas led the soldiers to arrest Jesus (John 18:3-5, 10);
•he asked for signs to be given to his generation (Acts 4:29-30) in opposition to what Jesus said would be done (Mark 8:12);
•he unjustly accused Pontius Pilate of being responsible for Jesus' fate (Acts 4:26-27) when Pilate clearly said he was innocent and did not want to be associated with the taking of "this just person" (Matt. 27:24);
•he said Jesus was killed and then hanged on a tree (Acts 5:30); whereas, he was crucified on a cross before he died (Matt. 27:40, 46);
•and he said God made Jesus both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36) which would mean he was neither at one time.
Later issues of BE will discuss the accuracy of additional statements by Peter.

Despite this deplorable record, Peter is considered to be a "saint" by many, and one branch of Christendom has even gone so far as to use Matt. 16:18-19 to designate him as first Pope. Of all the Apostles, Peter was the most important; yet he often demonstrated a sorrowful lack of honor, truthfulness and integrity. One can only pity any institution having him as a founding father.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#20092 Sep 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as God and your Bible has as many errors as a large screen door has holes.
Rev. Alan,

I think your reply is in response to Selecia's references to the free online courses on scripture provided by Yale.

If so, you can allow her to enjoy the studies.

As to whether or not there is "God," well,....
the experience of the Holy Spirit is a very personal and subjective moment. I assure you, it cannot be rationalized or denied.

Rev. Ken

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#20093 Sep 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMerde is way to sick to care about any medicine Rev. Ken. He gets his jollies by trying to make gay people feel bad about their lives just like poor white trailer trash used to try to put black people down, the only thing they had going for them was that they were white. KiMerde believes his alleged heterosexuality is what he has going for him; if it wasn't for the existence of gay people KiMerde would have nothing to feel good about himself.
He should drink a quart of Draino and prove to us the Bible is truthful and that we should accept it to tell us about homosexuality. Until he drinks the Draino there is no reason to accept anything the Bible says, clearly or otherwise.
From this verse, hey?

Mark 16:
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

You provide the Drano, I'll provide a deadly tiger snake. Then we'll see...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#20094 Sep 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMerde has 6 anti-gay verses which is the whole entire Bible for him, but that is because he is a deceitful, dishonest, deceptive lying hypocrite.
I have 33,000 verses which are not anti-gay.
KiMerde needs to drink a quart of Draino.
Yes most of the condemnations of fornication and adultery in the Bible, do refer to straight sex.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20095 Sep 11, 2013
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Ss marriage is an oxymoron.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#20096 Sep 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare is a defective failure of human behavior.
Kimare is a moron, whose brain was apparently deprived of oxy at a key developmental phase.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20097 Sep 11, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare is a defective failure of human behavior.
Kimare is a moron, whose brain was apparently deprived of oxy at a key developmental phase.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20098 Sep 11, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. Alan,
I think your reply is in response to Selecia's references to the free online courses on scripture provided by Yale.
If so, you can allow her to enjoy the studies.
As to whether or not there is "God," well,....
the experience of the Holy Spirit is a very personal and subjective moment. I assure you, it cannot be rationalized or denied.
Rev. Ken
Not my job to deny it, your job to prove it. What with all the other errors how you can trust your Bible on any subject is beyond me.

Tell me what you do with those 6 anti-gay verses our resident homophobes love to keep posting as if they were the only theme in the whole entire Bible.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20099 Sep 11, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
From this verse, hey?
Mark 16:
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
You provide the Drano, I'll provide a deadly tiger snake. Then we'll see...
I'll be happy to provide a quart of Drano and watch you deliver a box with the deadly tiger snake inside to him. The problem is he only SAYS he believes when he clearly doesn't believe at all. He would never play with that tiger snake nor drink the Drano because that would prove he is a phoney and a fake, nothing more than another run of the mill homophobic pew warming bigot and KiMerde does not want that truth out.

I love it that you quoted the text, it is the proof needed to disqualify the Bible as a reliable source. KiMerde speaks from ignorance and has nothing but this ignorance and his stupidity to back him up.

He exists to stir up dissension and spread ignorance, hate and lies.

His authority is a book that says he can drink Drano and it shall not hurt him, and he trusts this book of ignorance to tell him about homosexuality. There are not words enough to describe what an abomination KiMerde is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20100 Sep 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Your Bible is not a reliable source for you to reach that conclusion.

That fact that you are here trying to harm gay people only proves that you hate Jesus.

Jesus:[Matthew 25:40 MARY]“Truly I tell you, whatever you do to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you do to me."

What KiMerde does to gay people in this group he does to Jesus. Now if that isn't hating Jesus I do not know what would be.

Maybe KiMerde will tell us why he uses gay people to hate Jesus?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20101 Sep 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And you expect us to believe that because your brain fart produced that statement it is true? Since you have done nothing but lie and hate Jesus since you got your first computer it is illogical and unreasonable to accept anything you say.

Please drink some Drano. PLEASE!!!

Jesus doesn't like it that you use gay people to show how much you hate him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20102 Sep 11, 2013
Our resident Jesus hating KiMerde believes slavery is right, just and proper and that homosexuality is wrong. Owning people and abusing them is right, but loving someone is wrong.

KiMerde is one sick Jesus hating pew warming bastard.

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly ( Lev. 25:44-46, NIV)."

"If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)."

"I (the Lord) will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away (Joel 3:8, NIV)"

That is some monster God you have there KiMerde.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 38 min TomInElPaso 151
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Duane Mills 49,476
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 2 hr WeTheSheeple 3
Together 48 years, couple fights NC marriage ban 3 hr may 5
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr Wondering Why 31,195
Younger members split with GOP on social issues 5 hr swedenforever 32
Church firing stirs up controversy over same-se... 9 hr RalphB 52
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••