Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36052 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20015 Sep 5, 2013
(22) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live" (John 5:25). The hour is coming and now is. "And now is" shows the dead were to hear Jesus' voice and become alive at that time.

(23) "The stranger that is within thee (Jews) shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low. He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail" (Deut. 28:43-44). According to this prophecy Jews would be borrowers and not lenders. If Jews had always been in debt instead of being great money-lenders, Christians would hale this as a great prophecy instead of the failure it is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#20016 Sep 5, 2013
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" (Matt. 24:34). Jesus made this statement after listing a wide assortment of events that were to occur. Yet, the Son of man has not come like lightning shining from the east to the west, and all the tribes of the earth have not seen him coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Nor has he sent his angels with sounds of a trumpet gathering the elect from all parts of the world. The sun has not become darkened; the moon has not failed to give its light, and the stars have not fallen from heaven. Nearly 2,000 years have passed and this prophecy has never occurred, although Jesus strongly stated it would materialize in the lifetime of his generation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SHADOW

Piscataway, NJ

#20018 Sep 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have a thing for my "Bible G-d". You quote the Bible every chance you get to try to prove a point but you don't believe?
Pot meet Kettle.
Go look in a mirror alan and for all our sakes stop with the Reverend it doesn't suit you at all hypocrite.
Can you read pervert?
Do you believe or not----------deflect another of Sauls rules.
The serpent has how many tongues

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
hal

Sydney, Australia

#20019 Sep 5, 2013
Just a ranting, and a quoting, and a listening for the echo!
Ho hum!!!!
hal

Sydney, Australia

#20020 Sep 5, 2013
And always more biblical infantilism.
hal

Sydney, Australia

#20021 Sep 5, 2013
And 'perverts' now!
Takes one to know one, I always say!!!!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20022 Sep 5, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew your kind was headed this way..........
So when I bring in my dog and the dog down the street, no matter their sex, you will marry them just because they have "chosen to mate to each other".
Your standards have really gone in the toilet ken.
Your dog? And the dog down the street?

Is this how you refer to Human Beings? Is this how you regard Children of God?

Son, you've got a problem.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20023 Sep 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go stereotyping you sexist!

What kind of man of god are you???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The AssTroll Stopper

Chicago, IL

#20026 Sep 5, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. [email protected] Come clean, tell everyone how many little boys you molested last weekend. You worthless Queer Pedophile.
Oops, nevermind Rev., that was me. I forgot that I'm the one who diddles little boys.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#20027 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Oops, nevermind Rev., that was me. I forgot that I'm the one who diddles little boys.
LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#20030 Sep 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go stereotyping you sexist!
What kind of man of god are you???
You are a pathetic evil KiMare. You have already lost and you are too stupid to even see it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#20031 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! This is great. I was in a rotten mood before I read this one. Who ever did it you have my congratulations. If anyone deserves it this guy does. I hope you continue with this, Good job! Thumbs up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#20032 Sep 6, 2013
Have a great weekend. Lots of fun things to do. Gay Happy Hour...Church functions. LIFE IS GREAT!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#20035 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't surprise me none.
FAIL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The AssTroll Stopper

Taylor, MI

#20036 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Rev. [email protected], how many little boys you have lined up for this weekend? You Queer Pedophile, you'll get caught sooner or later. You POS
Oh crap, I was projecting again! Sorry, gotta run because the boys are getting goofy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The AssTroll Stopper

United States

#20037 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Rev. [email protected], how many little boys you have lined up for this weekend? You Queer Pedophile, you'll get caught sooner or later. You POS
Oh wait. Sorry, that was me again. I'm so confused. I know I like to boink little boys, but I also know it's wrong, so I keep projecting on everyone else. I'm so sorry for the hurt I've caused. Can you ever forgive me?

I'm going to go turn myself in to the police now.

Since: Aug 13

Birkdale, Australia

#20039 Sep 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts are so boringly repetitive. Did you know that? I keep waiting for something new from you but it's the same ol' stuff over and over and over...just saying :)
As has all the God Botherers stuff for hundreds of years, why would we expect to find logical, reasonable dialogue from the bible thumping minority.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#20040 Sep 8, 2013
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Are you really this dense!?!
Yours is the "opinion" of a bigoted kook.
You mean like kooky klown from calif? I noticed alans post saying kkk
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#20041 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is as boringly repetitive as is the Bible and those KKKristians who appoint themselves to tell us about it.
Look everyone it's a kooky kweer klown=KKK
I should have known by your anti everything religious posts.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#20042 Sep 8, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You said they should be joined as long as they have chosen to mate remember pervert?
No son you refered to gays as dogs mating together which is pretty much the truth wouldn't you say pervert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 2 min cowboy chris 5
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min Ronald 9,781
News Worker fired for same sex 'No' vote hits out 23 min Wondering 12
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 33 min Clark 4
News No 'Armageddon' if euthanasia, same-sex marriag... 1 hr The Bible Student 1
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... 2 hr T-bag 26
News Roger Hines: Clarity and controversy from the B... 20 hr facts 92
More from around the web