Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36053 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19598 Aug 27, 2013
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19602 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Anal sex again?

Who the hell cares?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19603 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATIONS: I don't have any proof at all to support my deeply held beliefs but I know expressing them in a gay forum upsets gay people and that is what I like to do. I know I am wrong about it and it is not a nice thing to do to harass people but I am harassing gay people for my God. My God believes exactly as I do. So there, my shit doesn't stink but yours does.
Translation provided by His Holiness Reverend Alan.
Go screw yourself "No Suprise" you are a pathetic evil and you have no authority to speak from.
Another clear contradiction concerns whether or not God repents.
Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."
Versus
Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."
Another fine post of your's out of left field.
You're a fricking sad sack case. This specific forum is about homosexuality and the Bible. I realize you failed as usually to note that fact and, you think no one should be stating factual things that don't exist in the Bible concerning homosexuality because it might hurt someone's feelings.
The Bible doesn't and never has (as it reads at present) supported homosexuality. That's a Bible fact. The Bible has never ever given a law for a man to marry a woman and a man at the same time and to state it happened is an opinion and nothing more. The Bible has supported two forms of opposite sex marriage and that's it.
If you want to justify homosexuality and same sex marriage don't use the Bible, just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19604 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
ar·ro·gant
[ar-uh-guhnt] Show IPA
adjective
making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
characterized by or proceeding from arrogance, or a sense of superiority, self-importance, or entitlement: arrogant claims.
Hearing facts concerning homosexuality and or same sex marriage is a real itch that you just can't itch isn't it. Maybe you should grow up a bit before you engage yourself in conversations that have answers/replies you're not going to enjoying hearing.:)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19605 Aug 27, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's not a bird. Never has been. Funny how your excuse is "at one time....". At one time we didn't know much about homosexuality. Now we do. Funny how your "at one time....." only extends at your convenience and coincides with your pre-existing prejudices.
At one time the atom was the smallest particle that existed to science. Shall we approach that topic the way you have approached people calling a bat a bird 2500 years ago? Are you that pathetically ignorant?
I explained why they called it a bird. It had wings and flew like a bird. To them 2500 years ago that made it a bird. There is no excuse in what I stated. But what is down right pathetically ignorant and stupid, is your insinuating that 2500 years ago people should have known that the bat wasn't a bird. That equates to you thinking people shouldn't have thought the earth was flat, or that they shouldn't have thought they were the center of the universe.
Hindsight is great but don't allow it to make an *ss of yourself as you have let it be done to yourself, just saying :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19606 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew your true colors would surface eventually. You are another Christian pretending to be a non-believer to make it appear that homophobic has an origin outside the Bible. How pathetic!
Of course you are wrong about that Miss Arrogance, ALL homophobia comes from the Bible. Many Atheists do not realize how much Christian baggage they still carry around with them, but carry it they do.
So put this in your arrogant pipe and smoke it:
Anyone who speaks from the "authority" of the Bible is a con-artist trained to deceive the pew warmers and separate them from their money!
True colors???...lolol...to fricking funny dude. By the way I have never stated I'm a believer or a non-believer. And homophobia does have an obvious origin outside of the Bible. Before the Bible was ever written ancient writers spoke of the 'ills' so to speak of same sex individuals and how it was an 'unnatural' thing. Let's test your arrogant attitude. Can you guess which of these ancient writers made such statements?
The church of Rome in it's later childhood years called the 'Catholic church' is seen as the catapult for homophobia for our ages, that is true.
By the way, you do realize you have included yourself in the following you wrote of others minus the $ aspect? ;)
"Anyone who speaks from the "authority" of the Bible is a con-artist trained to deceive the pew warmers(readers in the forums)..."

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19607 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good quote! "No Suprise" really believes other people need his/her permission to live their lives. What an idiot he/she/it is. After KiMerde he/she/it is about the most arrogant person posting in here;
Definition of ARROGANT
: see "Reverend Allen" in the Topix forums
lol...you're the one in here demanding people stop thinking what you think are incorrect/wrong thoughts and to begin to think/believe your opinions. I have said no such thing.
I have stated the Bible doesn't and never has supported homosexuality/same sex marriages and that's a fact of the Bible and you absolutely hate that fact. So you call me arrogant for having stated that fact.
If you want to justify homosexuality/same sex marriage it is wise not to use the Bible, just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19608 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
You are an apologist of the worst kind you arrogant pew warmer.
It is IRRELEVANT what was "viewed" at one time. All that is IMPORTANT is that the Bible is wrong Wrong WRONG! The Bible is wrong and that disqualifies the authority you speak from.
There is no reason to accept a single word you write because the Bible contains more errors than a screen door has holes. You have no authority to speak from, all you have is the stupid, scientific invalid, contradictory mess that is the Bible.
In other words there is no difference between what comes out of your behind and what comes out of your mouth.
You're such a child at times...lol. And to an idiot of science and knowledge like you, I agree you will judge how people understood things 2000 plus years ago as wrong, wrong, wrong.
But using that warped logic, science was wrong claiming the atom was the smallest particle. Science was wrong that life couldn't exist in superheated water/environments, science was wrong that life couldn't exist without sunlight, science was wrong where we see black space nothing existed in it. According to your warped bent logic science was wrong over and over and over and that disqualifies it from being trusted.
By the way, the shite you speak from your lips stinks as bad as the shite that comes out of your other end at times like this post, just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19609 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen you dishonest, deceitful, deceptive pew warmer, what we are discussing here is your complete and total lack of authority to speak down to gay people from the arrogant pedestal you have placed yourself on.
lol...you're such a fricking child at times and a funny one at that.
The Bible doesn't support homosexuality. One can insinuate it does but that doesn't make it any truer than stating God loves polygamy. It doesn't state God loves polygamy. One can insinuate God loves polygamy but that doesn't make it a true statement. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19610 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are as stupid as is KiMerde. I made that arrogant statement up to counter something you wrote that was ten times more stupid. It is called 'fighting fire with fire'.
The reason I do not believe in God [not "a god" as you change it to] is because no such thing exists; therefore, no such thing as this God you allege inspired the writing of Scripture. And this means quite plainly that you have no authority to speak from and no one is interested in you telling us about your brain farts.
You are a complete evil and only exist to stir up dissension between gay and straight brothers:
lol...way to fricking funny! And you don't see your posts as not causing dissention between gay and straight brothers? Why am I not surprised!
I know what you meant and it was a lie anyway.
You're the out cast here. You're a non-believer involving yourself in a discussion that's mainly between believers in a book who take two sides to the issue. You want people that believe in the Bible to take issue with it that you think is trash and garbage, have I missed your lunacy? That's like a believer in God discussing atheism with atheists and trying to prove atheism incorrect. You're a fricking fruit case dude!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19611 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nosurprise has 6 verses in the Bible and to use them the other 33,000 have to be totally ignored.
1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."
This tells "No Surprise" to mind its own business. But does "No Surprise" mind its own business? Hell not. NS wants us to obey the Bible while NS has no intention of obeying the Bible and that makes NS an arrogant hypocrite just like KiMerde.
NS would like to pretend that this verse didn't exist:
Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
There is a time for homosexuality and a season for sodomy.
Are you taking meds? You have me saying and thinking things I haven't said or thought. That's called delusional thinking and you do it an awful lot of lately. Maybe you should take a break and regroup, just saying :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19612 Aug 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
There is a time for homosexuality and a season for sodomy.
That's a true apologist speaking for sure. It amazes me how you'll lie to no ends to make things mean from a book what you want them to mean that you have no belief in. Such a true blue color flying liar.
But I'll play your warped game of reasoning. Let's continue your warped distorted thinking of this book you have no belief in you repeatedly state lies about shall we?
There is a time for homosexuality and a season for sodomy. And for raping anyone of any age in any way desired. And for murdering and killing and mayhem. And for incest and bestiality. And for the old to have sex with the young. And the young to have sex with the old. And for lying and making up stories to deceive others for gain or humor. And for torturing mentally and physically others etc, etc, etc. There is a time and season for one and all things according to the warped and demented logic of rev Allen and why am I not surprised.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19613 Aug 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Hearing facts concerning homosexuality and or same sex marriage is a real itch that you just can't itch isn't it. Maybe you should grow up a bit before you engage yourself in conversations that have answers/replies you're not going to enjoying hearing.:)
Take your own advice.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

#19616 Aug 27, 2013
The existence of God or a similar entity is a moot issue. We humans are naturally "wired" to believe in such a being, though we certainly have the ability to choose not to. Either way, it doesn't matter.

No, the REAL issue is that some people have chosen a form of idol worship that is dangerously delusional; the Bible is the idol. They believe, erroneously, that it was written under divine influence, or that it contains some divine spark.

The truth is much more mundane. The Bible was written by human beings, men specifically, men with prejudices and superstitions and delusions, loves and hates, understandings and confusions, wisdom and folly. It reflects what they believed about God, nothing more. It is no more authoritative on matters pertaining to God than any other book.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#19618 Aug 27, 2013
fr The AssTroll Stopper:

>Rev. F*****, you POS, Quit spamming the boards with your BS.<

Actually, YOU are the one who is spamming the boards with your anti-gay filth. Please stop.

Location hidden

#19619 Aug 27, 2013
Leviticus 11:13 (NASB)
13 'These, moreover, you shall detest among the birds; they are abhorrent, not to be eaten: the eagle and the vulture and the buzzard,

The word 'birds'

Transliterated Word: oph (733d)
Root: from 5774a;

Definition: flying creatures:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible.

Leviticus 11:20 (NASB)
20 'All the winged insects that walk on all fours are detestable to you.

Guess what word is used for 'winged insects'?

Definition: flying creatures:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible.

The same one translated both as birds and insects.

This why it is pointless to argue faith with reprobates.

Location hidden

#19620 Aug 27, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of Hooey!
You know what else was around?
People in authority who believed that the Earth was flat and that the "dome of the Sky" had "lights" hung in it. That's what.
Genesis 1:7
Here, in this conversation, we are watching and reading an exchange of posts about the validity and pertinence of scripture and its overall relevance to our modern, daily lives.
Some here are claiming to be acting on the inviolable supposition that ALL personal behavior and comprehension can be conducted within and through the screen of scripture. The screen sets a boundary for "Righteous" behavior. Certain of the posts above pres...ible acts and behaviors outside of the scriptural screen.
Others here are asserting a right to a personal choice of behavior in ways that the writers of such scripture did NOT either adequately describe and condone, or, these here are acting on the obvious premise that something has occurred since such scripture was first written that sufficiently changes the definition of "Righteous" behavior, which change is sufficient to allow certain scripture to be ignored.
Here is the truth in the matter:
First of all, those who would set up the scriptural screen do not themselves live by the screen, as written. They are being entirely selective in their interpretation of the boundaries of "Righteousness."
Furthermore, these same strict behavioral judges are making the assumption that those who went before fully understood the actual boundaries of the screen of Righteousness, and that now, these new judges also fully understand what was understood to be right. Also, they assert that such screen, as first created, must remain unchanged, inviolable and totally complied with or the consequence of any refusal to yield to this manner of compliance will lead into an endless dying.
Their assumption is that there is nothing further to learn and that the Ancients already knew everything. So, if we could just learn what they already knew and do what they always did, we will be assured of being included in the set of infinitely living beings who are not subject to the endless dying.
'There is nothing further to learn. We must do everything the way it used to be done.
There is no "Righteousness" to maintain a "track" of behavior and there is no possible release from agglomerated karma, unless compliance with the screen is complete or, when an infraction occurs that causes the train to jump the track, the proper motions and pronouncements are undertaken to set it back on track. This is the only remedy and it is prescribed by those Ancients who knew what to do.'
Frankly, this way is full of folly.
Although the Ancients knew many things, they did not have the benefit of what we have learned since they wrote their rules and set their boundaries of acceptable behavior, both in terms of morality and spirituality. What was good for the family and the tribe, and eventually, the individual, was written through a limited scope of comprehension.
That scope has been found to be insufficient. We continue to learn in Light and Love and, in learning, we are freed from the karma.
Rev. Ken
You misrepresent me again rev.

I simply and accurately relayed what the Bible consistently notes about homosexual sex.

But I base my argument (Which happens to be aligned with the Bible's statement also), that homosexual sex is 'against nature'. That is based on science.

This has been universally acknowledge throughout human history by every culture and religion. Even medical personal who excuse it acknowledge it's serious danger.

I strongly encourage you to establish your own religion. With your lack of trust in the record of Judeo/Christian faith, and constant submitting of God to your intellect, you clearly don't represent Christianity.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19621 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
You're still doing it wrong.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#19622 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Leviticus 11:13 (NASB)
13 'These, moreover, you shall detest among the birds; they are abhorrent, not to be eaten: the eagle and the vulture and the buzzard,
The word 'birds'
Leviticus 11:20 (NASB)
20 'All the winged insects that walk on all fours are detestable to you.
Guess what word is used for 'winged insects'?
The same one translated both as birds and insects.
This why it is pointless to argue faith with reprobates.
Who cares? Any intelligent person will dismiss the bible as the word of god before they finish the first chapter of Genesis. It has night and day before there is a sun, and plants growing before there is a sun.
It also indicates the earth is flat, and the sky is solid.
And god can't exist. Because god is supposed to be all powerful, all knowing, he's also supposed to have a set of rules for us to follow.
Simple fact: we don't all know those rules.
So, either god doesn't have the ability to tell us, thus he's not all knowing or not all powerful, and thus not god. Or he doesn't care if we know the rules or not. And thus not god. LOL @ you.:)

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#19623 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You misrepresent me again rev.
I simply and accurately relayed what the Bible consistently notes about homosexual sex.
But I base my argument (Which happens to be aligned with the Bible's statement also), that homosexual sex is 'against nature'. That is based on science.
No, stupid, it's not. There is same sex sex in nature. How can it be against nature?
KiMare wrote:
Stupid, anal sex and homosexual sex are not the same thing. Most men who have anal sex are straight.
KiMare wrote:
This has been universally acknowledge throughout human history by every culture and religion. Even medical personal who excuse it acknowledge it's serious danger.
Speaking of the anus, how far up yours did you have to reach to pull that out?
Find me a single quote from a religious text that says that anal sex is "inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning". Poor monster, looks like you are going to have to STFU, huh?:)
KiMare wrote:
I strongly encourage you to establish your own religion. With your lack of trust in the record of Judeo/Christian faith, and constant submitting of God to your intellect, you clearly don't represent Christianity.
God doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News When is it really time for couples therapy? 3 hr Crazy Jae 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr No Surprise 7,036
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 15 hr john parise 32,000
News Documentary explores drag scene in city of the ... Tue snowpale 2
News Alabama chief justice tells judges: Refuse gay ... (Feb '15) Mon ThomasA 40
News Anti-Gay Church Protests Brookfield 'Mega Church' (Jul '12) Jul 24 fuuny 21
News Space ship found in ice, Hillary's boozing, and... Jul 23 Tex- 18
More from around the web