Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 35945 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19329 Aug 19, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse than that actually. The respondents were the grown children of couples, at least one of which had had a same-sex relationship (or so the kids believed) at some point.
Furthermore, Benedict Carey of the New York Times noted that "About half the study participants with a gay parent, as defined in the study, were born out of wedlock and half into a traditional family that broke up. Many lived with the gay parent sporadically;" "Just three of those who had lesbian mothers lived out their entire childhood with that parent, Dr. Regnerus said; none of those whose fathers had had a same-sex relationship lived full time with their fathers through childhood."
In other words, the study compares the children of stable homes to those of not-so-stable homes, with predictable results. A proper study would compare the children of stable married hetero couples with those of stable married gay and lesbian couples.
See post above.

It is not Regnerus's problem that there are no stable ss couples, or that not a single ss couple can mutually procreate.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19330 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
See post above.
It is not Regnerus's problem that there are no stable ss couples, or that not a single ss couple can mutually procreate.
Nonsense. There are plenty of happily married same-sex couples out there, and many of them have adopted children, used artificial insemination or surrogate motherhood. Good luck convincing them to take surveys from someone with an obvious anti-gay agenda though.

Location hidden

#19331 Aug 19, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. There are plenty of happily married same-sex couples out there, and many of them have adopted children, used artificial insemination or surrogate motherhood. Good luck convincing them to take surveys from someone with an obvious anti-gay agenda though.
Don't be silly stupid, how would anyone know anything about a study that doesn't exist yet?

You only expose your bias with comments like that. As if your previous ignorance and distortion were not evidence enough!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19332 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
marriage and SS couples. You clearly are not married in any true sense of the word.
Opinion. Dismissed.

Location hidden

#19333 Aug 19, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion. Dismissed.
Opinion.

Undismissed.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19334 Aug 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
WORTHLESS PERVERT--------DISMISSED YOURSELF.
Another worthless opinion.

DISMISSED

NEXT

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#19335 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion.
Undismissed.
Ya got nuthin', Blanche. Nuthin' but opinions and a Sandy vagina.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#19336 Aug 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>

Just how many dirty sock puppets do you own at this time fella?
Asked the grey boxer to the registered profile.

One. Only one.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

#19337 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be silly stupid, how would anyone know anything about a study that doesn't exist yet?
You only expose your bias with comments like that. As if your previous ignorance and distortion were not evidence enough!
In other words, you've got nothing. I win.

Location hidden

#19339 Aug 20, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you've got nothing. I win.
1. Blatantly untrue as usual. The APA knowingly uses clearly fraudulent and unscientific studies while ignoring a study that is the largest and most scientific to date. Moreover, they ignored clear medical science to support inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning anal sex. You trumpet putting children in that deceitful and unnatural situation.

2. You compare worst case situations to justify putting children with ss couples. And sadly, especially for the child, that is the best you can offer. If your concern was for the child's best interest, you would fervently be arguing for the best case scenario.

Your motivation is clearly not the best interests of the child.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

#19340 Aug 20, 2013
And KiMare tries to change the subject again.

Anyway, back to Regnerus:

So, I had a hypothesis that red apples are crunchier than orange apples. I decided to do a study to prove this. I couldn't find any orange apples (hey, it's not MY fault that WalMart didn't have any), so I used oranges instead.

Well, my study clearly showed that the red apples were crunchier than the orange apples, just as I believed it would. Apple growers agree with me too, so my findings must be accurate.

Location hidden

#19341 Aug 20, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
And KiMare tries to change the subject again.
Anyway, back to Regnerus:
So, I had a hypothesis that red apples are crunchier than orange apples. I decided to do a study to prove this. I couldn't find any orange apples (hey, it's not MY fault that WalMart didn't have any), so I used oranges instead.
Well, my study clearly showed that the red apples were crunchier than the orange apples, just as I believed it would. Apple growers agree with me too, so my findings must be accurate.
There were no stable SS couples. He used what was available.

You want him to give homosexuals a special exemption from normal default families. Blatantly unfair.
pqnu

Austria

#19342 Aug 20, 2013
So christians love better, educate better and bitch around their gay children better.
Lection learned here.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19343 Aug 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You want him to give homosexuals a special exemption from normal default families. Blatantly unfair.
Nah.

He used the internet-trolling respondents who wanted $20 for their response.

There were Very few responses and no control or verification.

No honest statistical conclusions to be drawn.

Bogus study.

Location hidden

#19344 Aug 20, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
He used the internet-trolling respondents who wanted $20 for their response.
There were Very few responses and no control or verification.
No honest statistical conclusions to be drawn.
Bogus study.
Apparently you know nothing of survey standards. He used the golden standard.

Compare that to the methods used for lesbian studies.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19345 Aug 20, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya got nuthin', Blanche. Nuthin' but opinions and a Sandy vagina.
This post and you are perfect examples of why the normal people of the US will never accept your perversion.
Your kind are crude, dirty and not normal. Look up the definition of queer and there you are.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

#19346 Aug 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he needed to survey children from broken homes where both parents were hetero and children from broken homes where one or both parents were gay or lesbian.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19347 Aug 20, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
This post and you are perfect examples of why the normal people of the US will never accept your perversion.
Your kind are crude, dirty and not normal. Look up the definition of queer and there you are.
It's a pity you don't accept yourself.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#19348 Aug 20, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the definition of aging bigoted asstroll and find yourself.

Location hidden

#19349 Aug 20, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he needed to survey children from broken homes where both parents were hetero and children from broken homes where one or both parents were gay or lesbian.
You clearly don't know what the study was about.

The study randomly sampled almost 3,000 individuals aged 18-39, with the goal of comparing “how the young-adult children of a parent who has had a same-sex romantic relationship fare on 40 different social, emotional, and relational outcome variables when compared with SIX other family-of-origin types.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 12 min lides 997
News More gay people can now get legally married. Th... (Oct '14) 2 hr Three Rounds 53
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 2 hr Fit2Serve 1,873
News Johnny Depp's response to Amber's divorce reque... 17 hr Friend of Amber 1
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... Fri truth 55
News Wedding: Sandra and Tito Gutierrez Fri anon 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Thu WasteWater 4,199
More from around the web