Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36052 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19309 Aug 18, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
You're desperately trying to make the word "eunuch" mean something it doesn't.It does not refer to men who are same-sex attracted. It refers to men who have little or no desire for sex at all, with anybody.
In the strict sense of the word, it means castration.

Christ clearly used it to describe a much broader spectrum. Your claim is nullified in the third example Christ gives; sexual desire is present, but set aside for a higher cause.

Profoundly, Jesus accurately used the language of the time to explain sexuality.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19310 Aug 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In the strict sense of the word, it means castration.
Christ clearly used it to describe a much broader spectrum. Your claim is nullified in the third example Christ gives; sexual desire is present, but set aside for a higher cause.
Profoundly, Jesus accurately used the language of the time to explain sexuality.
Name one reputable Bible scholar or historian who agrees with your assertion.

Location hidden

#19311 Aug 18, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one reputable Bible scholar or historian who agrees with your assertion.
I'll do one better.

Here is a gay making the argument for me;

http://sweettp.tripod.com/

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#19312 Aug 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More potshots from the old bag. I bet you're a real joy to be around. PMS personified.
We don't want to hear about your wife on here. I'm sure your holy matrimony is an unholy mess.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

#19313 Aug 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do one better.
Here is a gay making the argument for me;
http://sweettp.tripod.com/
I said, "Reputable." The author of that web page doesn't even give his/her name, let alone credentials.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19314 Aug 18, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XVSRm80WzZkXX
Yep.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19315 Aug 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than sitting on the side taking pot shots with your traditional heresy, why not engage? Moreover, you clearly understand exactly what I'm saying. You just don't like your illusion disillusioned, whether it be marriage or the Bible.
You've never been here to engage. You line is clearly drawn in the sand, and your head is clearly up your toucas. I made hundreds of attempts to engage with you under a previous moniker. Again, engagement and/or enlightenment are no concerns of yours.

You are here to denigrate LGBT people because you're tired of being the only freak (monster mutation) in the side show.

LGTB are not genetic defects.
LGTB people are marrying in record numbers and we are fully and legally married in every sense of the word.
SHADOW

Piscataway, NJ

#19317 Aug 18, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex again? LMAO
How else do your kind make love fella?
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19318 Aug 19, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never been here to engage. You line is clearly drawn in the sand, and your head is clearly up your toucas. I made hundreds of attempts to engage with you under a previous moniker. Again, engagement and/or enlightenment are no concerns of yours.
You are here to denigrate LGBT people because you're tired of being the only freak (monster mutation) in the side show.
LGTB people are marrying in record numbers and we are fully and legally married in every sense of the word.
Marriage is between one man and one woman. So no these same sex "things" are not marriage.
Your kind divorce in record numbers as well huh little guy.
Just how many dirty sock puppets do you own at this time fella?

Location hidden

#19319 Aug 19, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I denigrate no one. You are the hateful troll.

I simply point out numerous significant differences between marriage and SS couples. You clearly are not married in any true sense of the word.

Location hidden

#19320 Aug 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
How else do your kind make love fella?
What is my kind? Do you have an imagination? LMAO
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19321 Aug 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
After seeing your posts I don't need an imagination at all.
Your kind is well, look at you pervert.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19322 Aug 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ever gonna answer the question?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19323 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm shocked!
Regnerus couldn't find stable ss couples with children. That wasn't his problem, it is yours.
You ignore being angry at deliberately deceptive and known unscientific lesbian studies.
Moreover, you make the silly claim that Regnerus's study is the cause of another cultural rejection of accepting homosexuality as normal.
What would happen if you acknowledged homosexuality as a sexual defect instead of demanding that people deny the obvious?
The study was made by results received from an internet questionnaire, in which the respondents were offered a small sum of money for their response.

Only about a hundred responses were collected from same-sex couples with children. Woefully short on information rfom which conclusive statements about behaviors are to be made. Plus, the survey PAID for the unqualified respondents to present the questionable data. Not a statistical proof.

Your responses indicate that you have a problem with physical issues surrounding sexuality.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#19325 Aug 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
After seeing your posts I don't need an imagination at all.
Your kind is well, look at you pervert.
Worthless opinion.

DISMISSED
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19326 Aug 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Worthless opinion.
DISMISSED
WORTHLESS PERVERT--------DISMISSED YOURSELF.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

#19327 Aug 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
The study was made by results received from an internet questionnaire, in which the respondents were offered a small sum of money for their response.
Only about a hundred responses were collected from same-sex couples with children
It's worse than that actually. The respondents were the grown children of couples, at least one of which had had a same-sex relationship (or so the kids believed) at some point.

Furthermore, Benedict Carey of the New York Times noted that "About half the study participants with a gay parent, as defined in the study, were born out of wedlock and half into a traditional family that broke up. Many lived with the gay parent sporadically;" "Just three of those who had lesbian mothers lived out their entire childhood with that parent, Dr. Regnerus said; none of those whose fathers had had a same-sex relationship lived full time with their fathers through childhood."

In other words, the study compares the children of stable homes to those of not-so-stable homes, with predictable results. A proper study would compare the children of stable married hetero couples with those of stable married gay and lesbian couples.

Location hidden

#19328 Aug 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Only about a hundred responses were collected from same-sex couples with children. Woefully short on information rfom which conclusive statements about behaviors are to be made. Plus, the survey PAID for the unqualified respondents to present the questionable data. Not a statistical proof.
Your responses indicate that you have a problem with physical issues surrounding sexuality.
Rev. Ken
You are an idiot.

It's a random national sample, considered "the gold standard" of social science surveys.

He worked to include as many ss couples with children as possible. There just were hardly any stable couples found.

Location hidden

#19329 Aug 19, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse than that actually. The respondents were the grown children of couples, at least one of which had had a same-sex relationship (or so the kids believed) at some point.
Furthermore, Benedict Carey of the New York Times noted that "About half the study participants with a gay parent, as defined in the study, were born out of wedlock and half into a traditional family that broke up. Many lived with the gay parent sporadically;" "Just three of those who had lesbian mothers lived out their entire childhood with that parent, Dr. Regnerus said; none of those whose fathers had had a same-sex relationship lived full time with their fathers through childhood."
In other words, the study compares the children of stable homes to those of not-so-stable homes, with predictable results. A proper study would compare the children of stable married hetero couples with those of stable married gay and lesbian couples.
See post above.

It is not Regnerus's problem that there are no stable ss couples, or that not a single ss couple can mutually procreate.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

#19330 Aug 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
See post above.
It is not Regnerus's problem that there are no stable ss couples, or that not a single ss couple can mutually procreate.
Nonsense. There are plenty of happily married same-sex couples out there, and many of them have adopted children, used artificial insemination or surrogate motherhood. Good luck convincing them to take surveys from someone with an obvious anti-gay agenda though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... 14 min T-bag 49
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 9,775
News Worker fired for same sex 'No' vote hits out 1 hr Prosperity Fundie... 11
News Roger Hines: Clarity and controversy from the B... 8 hr facts 92
News Trump Adds to Rollback of Obama Legacy With Ant... 23 hr TomInElPaso 106
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sep 18 Boro parent 32,019
News Australia's Turnbull Defends 'Religious Freedom... Sep 18 Gremlin 2
More from around the web