Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 865)

Showing posts 17,281 - 17,300 of24,661
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

KiMare wrote:
I did answer it. Matthew 19.
What did Jesus mean by a eunuch born that way?
If you think this is an answer, then you are even slower than I have given you credit for.

The passage in question does not address homosexuality. In fact, no where does Jesus Christ, God incarnate,address that issue. If you weren't a disingenuous liar, you would be able to admit that simple fact.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think this is an answer, then you are even slower than I have given you credit for.
The passage in question does not address homosexuality. In fact, no where does Jesus Christ, God incarnate,address that issue. If you weren't a disingenuous liar, you would be able to admit that simple fact.
Then explain what Jesus means by the three types if eunuchs.

Why are you afraid?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

KiMare wrote:
Then explain what Jesus means by the three types if eunuchs.
Why are you afraid?
Sorry Charlie, I am not engaging in your attempted obfuscation. The passage in question does not address homosexuality, and my question was where does Jesus Christ directly address homosexuality.

If you feel the passage aptly does that, then make an argument to that effect. It is a fool's tactic to put forth a passage and claim that someone else needs to prove anything based upon it.

Your tactics are as childlike as your assertions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Charlie, I am not engaging in your attempted obfuscation. The passage in question does not address homosexuality, and my question was where does Jesus Christ directly address homosexuality.
If you feel the passage aptly does that, then make an argument to that effect. It is a fool's tactic to put forth a passage and claim that someone else needs to prove anything based upon it.
Your tactics are as childlike as your assertions.
I have been specific Wolfy is trying to defend YOUR claim. Now you throw him under the bus!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

KiMare wrote:
I have been specific Wolfy is trying to defend YOUR claim. Now you throw him under the bus!
It's not my fault you cannot answer simple questions or advance a logical argument.

Each time you fail to do so, you tacitly admit that you have none to offer.

Are you ready to admit that Matthew 19 has nothing to do with homosexuality?
Are you ready to admit that Jesus, God incarnate never said a word about homosexuality?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my fault you cannot answer simple questions or advance a logical argument.
Each time you fail to do so, you tacitly admit that you have none to offer.
Are you ready to admit that Matthew 19 has nothing to do with homosexuality?
Are you ready to admit that Jesus, God incarnate never said a word about homosexuality?
It is clear you have no defense for your claim of marriage or that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality. But neither have you had any defense of the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning nature of anal sex.

I'll bet you voted for Obsmanation too!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

KiMare wrote:
It is clear you have no defense for your claim of marriage or that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality. But neither have you had any defense of the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning nature of anal sex.
I'll bet you voted for Obsmanation too!
Still waiting for you to advance that argument that Matthew 19 says what you think it does. Coincidentally, you haven't even mentioned what you THINK it says.

You were asked to cite where Jesus addressed homosexuality, and thus far you have failed.

Cn you back your opinion with facts, or are you tacitly admitting that you have no valid argument.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not angry at you, silly boy. I'm angry at Regnerus and his ilk for the damage they caused to LGBT people, especially in other countries, like Russia.
The people you should be worring about causing harm to the lgbt community are like sel with her in your face crude language and comments.
She has done more to cause discontent with the gender confused than anything else.
Fine example of why the lgbt community will never be accepted in a civil society.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The people you should be worring about causing harm to the lgbt community are like sel with her in your face crude language and comments.
She has done more to cause discontent with the gender confused than anything else.
Fine example of why the lgbt community will never be accepted in a civil society.
OUT AND PROUD! Thanks Shadow....

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

KiMare wrote:
No he didn't, and I'm not trying to "defend" anyone's claim, only the truth. He happens to be right though; nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say anything about men or women who "lie with" (to use the Biblical terminology) or "know" members of the same sex. Nor does he say anything about people wearing clothes "pertaining to the opposite sex." Obviously, gender confirmation surgeries and HRT weren't available back then, but some eunuchs by choice may have been transwomen.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<But neither have you had any defense of the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning nature of anal sex.
If it's so harmful, why is it so popular among straight couples? I invite you to do a simple experiment: Go to Google Images, make sure your Safe Search function is turned off, and do a search on the term "anal sex." Count the number of heterosexual images that appear vs. the number of gay ones. Heck, even if you just type in "sex," you get a high percentage of hetero anal sex depictions.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>OUT AND PROUD! Thanks Shadow....
You know of course I was not posting to you right?
But....... since you just have to butt in
Now you are saying you are hanging out and proud of it? Hanging out where---just above the lap band or just below the lap band.
Got you hooked again and you don't even know it.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't, and I'm not trying to "defend" anyone's claim, only the truth. He happens to be right though; nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say anything about men or women who "lie with" (to use the Biblical terminology) or "know" members of the same sex. Nor does he say anything about people wearing clothes "pertaining to the opposite sex." Obviously, gender confirmation surgeries and HRT weren't available back then, but some eunuchs by choice may have been transwomen.
No friend Jesus had no intention of you or anyone else changinf the sex yiou were given. Why would He afterall he made a creation and now you and your kind want to change His creation.
You people are sickooo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Your denial is insufficient, just like lides.

If you don't agree with my assertion of Matthew 19, simply explain what Christ was saying regarding the three types of eunuchs. I've already destroyed your original claim.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's so harmful, why is it so popular among straight couples? I invite you to do a simple experiment: Go to Google Images, make sure your Safe Search function is turned off, and do a search on the term "anal sex." Count the number of heterosexual images that appear vs. the number of gay ones. Heck, even if you just type in "sex," you get a high percentage of hetero anal sex depictions.
I noted no distinction about orientation. It is a simple medical fact that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning, no matter who is doing it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No friend Jesus had no intention of you or anyone else changinf the sex yiou were given. Why would He afterall he made a creation and now you and your kind want to change His creation.
You people are sickooo
How do you know that?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I noted no distinction about orientation. It is a simple medical fact that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning, no matter who is doing it.
Anal sex again? LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex again? LMAO
We are on a thread about homosexual morality. You want to censor the main behavior of discussion?

Really.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

KiMare wrote:
Your denial is insufficient, just like lides.
If you don't agree with my assertion of Matthew 19, simply explain what Christ was saying regarding the three types of eunuchs. I've already destroyed your original claim.
What "original claim?" Once again, we can only guess at the intention of the author(s) of Matthew. We do know that by the time it was written, humans were well aware of the effects of removing the testicles, which is what the word "eunuch" refers to.

Testosterone (produced by the testes, and in a lesser amount the ovaries), is responsible for producing the sex drive in both men an women. People knew little about female anatomy back then, but it's entirely probable that plenty of men were mistaken for eunuchs because they had little or no interest in sex, and/or had other characteristics suggestive of low or lack of testosterone (high-pitched voice, lack of body hair, low muscle mass, etc.)

Your attempts to conflate certain types of eunuchs with gay men is absurd. While we can't say that no gay man was ever mistaken for a eunuch, there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the term was ever used specifically for men who were attracted to or had sex with men.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
What "original claim?" Once again, we can only guess at the intention of the author(s) of Matthew. We do know that by the time it was written, humans were well aware of the effects of removing the testicles, which is what the word "eunuch" refers to.
Testosterone (produced by the testes, and in a lesser amount the ovaries), is responsible for producing the sex drive in both men an women. People knew little about female anatomy back then, but it's entirely probable that plenty of men were mistaken for eunuchs because they had little or no interest in sex, and/or had other characteristics suggestive of low or lack of testosterone (high-pitched voice, lack of body hair, low muscle mass, etc.)
Your attempts to conflate certain types of eunuchs with gay men is absurd. While we can't say that no gay man was ever mistaken for a eunuch, there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the term was ever used specifically for men who were attracted to or had sex with men.
The original claim is the one you are repeating here.

In the pure sense of the word, a eunuch is castrated. However, Jesus speaks of three types, only one of which is castration, which you blissfully ignore. Jesus accurately and completely depicts all the different types of diverted and defective mating behavior, including homosexuality.

Moreover, you are afraid to even speculate on what Jesus meant, because it exposes your denial.

The fact is simple. Jesus stated that marriage between a man and woman was the only context for sexual activity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,281 - 17,300 of24,661
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••