Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,296

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19138 Aug 4, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent! It's a bit cold down there @ the moment, but otherwise not too bad.
As a mid-westerner (in the US), I loved being on the Corio bay, and so close to the Great Ocean Road. Truly a magical experience.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19139 Aug 5, 2013
I live with Sandy as husband and wife. We have been married for 36 years and have two sons.

Unless the two of you became husband and wife, you are not married, nor can you procreate.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19140 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I live with Sandy as husband and wife. We have been married for 36 years and have two sons.
Unless the two of you became husband and wife, you are not married, nor can you procreate.
I hate to break this to you (well, no, not really), but same-sex couples can get married in several states. We can procreate as well, but, of course, that's not a requirement for marriage.

Location hidden

#19141 Aug 5, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break this to you (well, no, not really), but same-sex couples can get married in several states. We can procreate as well, but, of course, that's not a requirement for marriage.
The only thing you break is the truth.

SS marriage is an oxymoron.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#19142 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Congratulations, you have a legal contract.
KiMare wrote:
Sorry charlie, depending upon the jurisdiction, same sex couples also may enter into the very same legal contract that you have, and it is recognized by the federal government.

That you don't recognize such a marriage doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#19143 Aug 5, 2013
I prayed for you this weekend....

Location hidden

#19144 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations, you have a legal contract.
<quoted text>
Sorry charlie, depending upon the jurisdiction, same sex couples also may enter into the very same legal contract that you have, and it is recognized by the federal government.
That you don't recognize such a marriage doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
Gosh, I've never thought of my marriage as a legal contract. That's so cold and, well, ugly.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#19145 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Gosh, I've never thought of my marriage as a legal contract. That's so cold and, well, ugly.
That's what legal rights and protections are. Surly enough a marriage is much more than a piece of paper, however at issue is the civil matter of equal protection of the laws. Which is a cold hard piece of paper.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19146 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what legal rights and protections are. Surly enough a marriage is much more than a piece of paper, however at issue is the civil matter of equal protection of the laws. Which is a cold hard piece of paper.
Not if it's Charmin.

Location hidden

#19147 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I know marriage, and you clearly don't.

You can dumb down whatever you want, but its your delusion, nothing more.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19148 Aug 5, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
I prayed for you this weekend....
You need to worry about yourself there jonesy.
Pray hard and hope the devil doesn't catch your butt.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19149 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
A shallow comment from a common bigot. Alas, you have successfully lost every last bit of respect I might have had for you. I thought you were a little more intelligent than this. I was wrong.

Location hidden

#19150 Aug 5, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
A shallow comment from a common bigot. Alas, you have successfully lost every last bit of respect I might have had for you. I thought you were a little more intelligent than this. I was wrong.
I feel horrible about disappointing you.

Are you sure there is not one more shred of respect left???

Smirk.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19151 Aug 5, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
And we normal people are supposed to care what you think---Why?
Calling you out on marriage is more intelligent than your posts.
Pot meet kettle---------

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#19152 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The depth of what you don't know is astounding. As it prisons to the state and legal rights marriage is a contract .

If you believe otherwise, your a fool.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19153 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel horrible about disappointing you.
Are you sure there is not one more shred of respect left???
Smirk.
I know how you feel but trust me there are more gender confused trolls out there, who needs this one right. LOL

Location hidden

#19154 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The depth of what you don't know is astounding. As it prisons to the state and legal rights marriage is a contract .
If you believe otherwise, your a fool.
You are lying if you think ss couples equate legally to marriage. Especially to the exclusion of any number or relation of other people.

I believe ss couples do not equate to marriage at any level.

Location hidden

#19155 Aug 5, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how you feel but trust me there are more gender confused trolls out there, who needs this one right. LOL
Thanks for the support, I was curled up in the corner sobbing.
I'll make it through somehow, it just hurts soooo bad!

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#19156 Aug 5, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You have mis-understood the Australian vernacular for "root". You should really attempt to be more worldly.
Root is a Australian colloquial derivative of rut.
Now, go look up "rut".
Actually, that one couldn't organize a root in a brothel. Or even in a sauna. LOLOL

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19157 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying if you think ss couples equate legally to marriage. Especially to the exclusion of any number or relation of other people.
I believe ss couples do not equate to marriage at any level.
Let's see: we have siblings, cousins, in-laws, children, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. You we're saying something about relations?

Looks like you have nothing but OPINIONS, and your belief about equality is irrelevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 56 min Belle Sexton 145
Methodist panel to hear appeal over gay wedding 1 hr Belle Sexton 1
Islanders protest gay-marriage ban - Hawaii News (Feb '09) 2 hr Joe Balls 165
Judge Strikes Down NC Gay Marriage Ban 6 hr James LawrenceBUN... 62
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr KiMerde 50,607
Scam Alert: Crooks target area wedding vendors (Apr '08) 7 hr ELEP 313
GOP Congressional Candidate: Gay Couples Are 'G... 8 hr Currywurst 11

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE