Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 33033 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#18936 Jul 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
We are made in the image of God.
Sooo, God is male, female, intersexed, gay, bi, straight, fat, thin, flabby, buff, healthy, sick, beautiful, ugly, etc. all at once?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18937 Jul 20, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo, God is male, female, intersexed, gay, bi, straight, fat, thin, flabby, buff, healthy, sick, beautiful, ugly, etc. all at once?
Here, let me help you;

Genesis 1:26-28 (NJB)
26 God said,‘Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild animals and all the creatures that creep along the ground.'
27 God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them, saying to them,‘Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that move on earth.'

Defects,'death', entered that perfect creation as the result of the Fall.

Question for you. Transgendered admit that they defectively have the wrong physical gender attached to their sexuality. Why don't you admit that homosexuality is confused, defective mating behavior?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#18938 Jul 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We are made in the image of God.
Since you have failed to prove this invisible sky thing even exists you really are in no position to tell us about him. And where exactly did you get this bit of information? Someone told you.

Who ever told you that didn't know what they were talking about. And neither do you.

We might just as well listen to someone tell about the little green men who live on the other side of the moon where we can't see them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#18939 Jul 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, let me help you;
Genesis 1:26-28 (NJB)
26 God said,‘Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves,...
"our" image, "ourselves"? Sounds like more than one God to me. Why anyone pays attention to a book that lists the bat in a long list of birds and claims the sun went backwards in the sky is not a book I would trust to tell me anything.

And the fact that 'Gods' lets you KiMare appoint yourself to tell us about 'thems' is reason enough to reject everything we know about you, the Bible and the Gods of the Bible.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18940 Jul 20, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Is GOD a MAN or a WOMAN?
God is a black woman.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#18941 Jul 20, 2013
Is GOD a MAN or a WOMAN? Both, neither?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#18942 Jul 20, 2013
God is a militant African-American Lesbian, and SHE is pissed at the fundies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#18947 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>Do you kiss your MOTHER with that mouth? Who is nasty now?
I can't believe you have the nerve to say something like that.
I used to ask you if you ate with the same mouth you post with and now I am wondering too---do you kiss your mother with that same mouth? No one knows where that mouth has been ya know.
Give mom a break until you clean that mouth up.
Oh to answer your question you are still the nasty one.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#18948 Jul 22, 2013
Is GOD a MAN or a WOMAN? Both, neither?
I guess we could ask the same question of you too.
But then again most everyone here knows that answer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#18949 Jul 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Kimare is both. Go ahead, ask Zher.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#18950 Jul 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I am created in God's image...So God is a WOMAN.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Draino Man

Santa Cruz, CA

#18951 Jul 22, 2013
nificant aspect of this matter is that there is no reference to Jesus of Nazareth in any non-Christian writings of antiquity. One can peruse all the great literature of that era and find nothing proving the man even existed. "There is no history written at the time Jesus Christ is said to have lived that speaks of the existence of such a person, even as a man" (The Life and Works of Paine,Vol 9, p. 271). "We know nothing certainly of Jesus Christ. We know nothing of his infancy, nothing of his youth, and we are not sure that such a person even existed" (Interviews, Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 273. Anyone wishing to believe in the reality of Jesus will have to rely upon the New Testament and the NT alone. There is no other sote a Bible verse when you choose to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior?
Yo
Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”
Northern California
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18920Friday Jul 19
Judged:Spam18Nuts18Disagree18
Rayne wrote:
<quoted text>
According to God's Word, the course you are on and encourage others to take leads to 'eternal fire.'
According to God's word the Bat is a bird:
Leviticus 11:13-19,"And these you shall detest among the birds; they shall not be eaten; they are detestable: the eagle, the bearded vushort-eared owl, the barn owl, the tawny owl, the carrion v
Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”
Northern California
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18924Friday Jul 19
Judged:Spam18Nuts18Disagree17
Rayne Burrito Boy Pekin Ill wrote:
<quoted text>You choose your perversion over the Biblical God, so your opinions really aren't relevant.
The Bible repeatedly and emphatically condemns all homosexual behavior in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms.
In recent months several people have asked me if the Bible supports cannabalism in any form and the answer, succinctly stated, is yes. The following enumeration covers virtually every relevant biblical comment and shows the key verses fall into two broad categories: those in which God or Jesus commands or condones cannabalistic activity and those which merely relate activities of this nature. One can justifiably accuse the Bible of advocating cannabalism in light of the former but not the latter. Merely relating instances of cannabalism, rape, incest, or other atrocious behavior doesn't mean such activities are being fostered or proposed. Among the former are such verses as:
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29) and
"I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9) and
"I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine" (Isa. 49:26 RSV) and
"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you, and sons shall eat their fathers...." (Ezek. 5:10).
So Burrito Boy David Pekin Ill, cannibalism is completely acceptable to your BibleGod, cannibalism is not a perversion, according to BibleGod and you want us to believe two men loving one another is perversion just because of 6 mis-translated and stupid verses in the same book.
You are a defective being David, you are in need of extreme psychological help. Your obsession for cannibalism and rejection of homosexuality proves you are one sick puppy. Either than or you are 3 fries short of a Happy Meal.
DickTatter

Santa Cruz, CA

#18952 Jul 22, 2013
Friday Jul 19
rse, and quote many well-known Greek, Roman, and Jewish writers to try to prove their case. Since the question of whether or not the pivotal figure in Christianity really lived is of first magnitude in importance....

dly deny this, of course, and quote many well-known Greek, Roman, and Jewish writers to try to prove their case. Since the question of whether or not the pivotal figure in Christianity really lived is of first magnitude in importance....
Indeed!

Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18919Friday Jul 19

Judged:Spam18Nuts18Disagree18
Rayne Pekin Ill wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you quote a Bible verse when you choose to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior?
You live in open rebellion against BibleGods many commands against all you do here.

What do you hope to gain here Burrito Boy? No one pays any attention to anything you post. You do not pay attention and I do not pay attention.

Your hypocrisy shows people how divorced from reality you and your fellow pew warmers are. Each of your posts proves you hate biblical teachings and how you have no control over yourself. You are out of control and psychologically sick, broken and defective. I suspect that that makes you a pretty damn good Sunday School teacher.

Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”

te:
All Bibles should contain a disclaimer on the inside front cover: "This product is intended for entertainment purposes only."
LOL! And we also need a warning label: Literal belief in this book can be hazardous to your health.

A few years ago friends of mine at the Biblical Errancy Panel had labels printed up that said that and every time they traveled, if there was a Bible in their hotel room they put that label on it.

Good idea!

Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

<quoted text>You choose your perversion over the Biblical God, so your opinions really aren't relevant.
The Bible repeatedly and emphatically condemns all homosexual behavior in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms.
In recent months several people have asked me if the Bible supports cannabalism in any form and the answer, succinctly stated, is yes. The following enumeration covers virtually every relevant biblical comment and shows the key verses fall into two broad categories: those in which God or Jesus commands or condones cannabalistic activity and those which merely relate activities of this nature. One can justifiably accuse the Bible of advocating cannabalism in light of the former but not the latter. Merely relating instances of cannabalism, rape, incest, or other atrocious behavior doesn't mean such activities are being fostered or proposed. Among the former are such verses as:

"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29) and
"I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9) and
"I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine" (Isa. 49:26 RSV) and
"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you, and sons shall eat their fathers...." (Ezek. 5:10).

So Burrito Boy David Pekin Ill, cannibalism is completely acceptable to your BibleGod, cannibalism is not a perversion, according to BibleGod and you want us to believe two men loving one another is perversion just because of 6 mis-translated and stupid verses in the same book.

You are a defective being David, you are in need of extreme psychological help. Your obsession for cannibalism and rejection of homosexuality proves you are one sick puppy. Either than or you are 3 fries short of a Happy Meal.
SHADOW KILLER

Santa Cruz, CA

#18953 Jul 22, 2013
Friday Jul 19

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree that Jesus afield marriage between a man and woman. And when the disciples questioned the limitation of that union, Jesus offered celibacy as the only alternative.
Whether or not Jesus of Nazareth was a real, live, flesh and blood individual who walked the earth approximately 2,000 years ago remains a question. If he didn't Christianity would be dealt a blow from which it could never recover. The most significant aspect of this matter is that there is no reference to Jesus of Nazareth in any non-Christian writings of antiquity. One can peruse all the great literature of that era and find nothing proving the man even existed. "There is no history written at the time Jesus Christ is said to have lived that speaks of the existence of such a person, even as a man" (The Life and Works of Paine,Vol 9, p. 271). "We know nothing certainly of Jesus Christ. We know nothing of his infancy, nothing of his youth, and we are not sure that such a person even existed" (Interviews, Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 273. Anyone wishing to believe in the reality of Jesus will have to rely upon the New Testament and the NT alone. There is no other source. Biblicists heatedly deny this, of course, and quote many well-known Greek, Roman, and Jewish writers to try to prove their case. Since the question of whether or not the pivotal figure in Christianity really lived is of first magnitude in importance....

WasteWater

Since: Aug 11
Santa Cruz, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18918Friday Jul 19

Judged:Spam18Nuts18Clueless17
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not Jesus of Nazareth was a real, live, flesh and blood individual who walked the earth approximately 2,000 years ago remains a question. If he didn't Christianity would be dealt a blow from which it could never recover. The most significant aspect of this matter is that there is no reference to Jesus of Nazareth in any non-Christian writings of antiquity. One can peruse all the great literature of that era and find nothing proving the man even existed. "There is no history written at the time Jesus Christ is said to have lived that speaks of the existence of such a person, even as a man" (The Life and Works of Paine,Vol 9, p. 271). "We know nothing certainly of Jesus Christ. We know nothing of his infancy, nothing of his youth, and we are not sure that such a person even existed" (Interviews, Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 273. Anyone wishing to believe in the reality of Jesus will have to rely upon the New Testament and the NT alone. There is no other source. Biblicists heatedly deny this, of course, and quote many well-known Greek, Roman, and Jewish writers to try to prove their case. Since the question of whether or not the pivotal figure in Christianity really lived is of first magnitude in importance....
Indeed!

Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18919Friday Jul 19

Judged:Spa

LOL! And we also need a warning label: Literal belief in this book can be hazardous to your health.

A few years ago friends of mine at the Biblical Errancy Panel had labels printed up that said that and every time they traveled, if there was a Bible in their hotel room they put that label on it.

Good idea!

Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

<quoted text>You choose your perversion over the Biblical God, so your opinions really aren't ically condemns all homosexual behavior in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms.
I
SHADOW KILLER

Santa Cruz, CA

#18954 Jul 22, 2013
You are a defective being David, you are in need of extreme psycholo
New Page You Lose

Santa Cruz, CA

#18955 Jul 22, 2013
...." (Ezek. 5:10).
You are a defective being David, you are in need of extreme psycholo
Acid Trip

Santa Cruz, CA

#18956 Jul 22, 2013
ccording to God's word the Bat is a bird:

Leviticus 11:13-19,"And these you shall detest among the birds; they shall not be eaten; they are detestable: the eagle, the bearded vulture, the black vulture, the kite, the falcon of any kind, every raven of any kind, the ostrich, the nighthawk, the sea gull, the hawk of any kind, the little owl, the cormorant, the short-eared owl, the barn owl, the tawny owl, the carrion vulture, the stork, the heron of any kind, the hoopoe, and the bat."

You have to be a complete moron [which you have demonstrated you are] to quote from a book like it was an authority when it clearly says the bat is a bird.

Who believes the bat is a bird? Pew warming bigots and other retards are the only ones. Intelligent normal people, like homosexuals know that the bat is a mammal and they do not look to such a stupid book as you quote from to tell them about the love they express towards other men.

2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"
Rasta Man

Santa Cruz, CA

#18957 Jul 22, 2013
All Bibles should contain a disclaimer on the inside front cover: "This product is intended for entertainment purposes only."
Hell Is a Fairy Tale

Santa Cruz, CA

#18958 Jul 22, 2013

Yes it is.

Love is ALL you need.
DR WHO

Santa Cruz, CA

#18959 Jul 22, 2013
“THERE IS NO GOD”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay ... 3 min Pope Out To Pasture 3
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 8 min pearl 3,705
News Ireland same-sex marriage 10 min Le Jimbo 21
News Bristol Palin's wedding called off - replaced w... 35 min Tazo 3
News No wedding for Bristol Palin 37 min Tazo 9
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 3 hr Respect71 4,380
News 'Bold' Ireland votes to legalize gay marriage i... 3 hr Gremlin 4
More from around the web