Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36052 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18810 Jul 6, 2013
the anomoly wrote:
King Solomon said....there is away which seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death....
King Solomon killed a shit load of priests when he came to power. Read the Bible. How does this wash with the Ten Commandments. Was King Solomon as wise as the Bible says he is?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#18811 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many people have 'prophesied' the demise of Christianity?
America is clearly on the decline by every scientific measure.
Spoken like an aging conservative. "You kids get off my lawn."

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#18812 Jul 6, 2013
Once again Job said.....Therefore they say unto God depart from us for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways..

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18813 Jul 6, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Your lifestyle choice fills you with such hate, even against yourself.
The only way you will ever find peace is to abandon the practice of homosexuality and follow Jesus.
You aren't able to just walk away from His many Commands against all homosexual behavior.
Lifestyle? WHAT DOES JESUS SAY ABOUT DIVORCE? He says nothing about MY LIFESTYLE but he sure says something about your abominations!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18814 Jul 6, 2013
Lee Pekin Ill wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way you will ever find peace is to abandon the practice of homosexuality and follow Jesus.
But Burrito Boy Pekin Ill you do not follow Jesus. You ask others to do something which you refuse to do. What a despicable and defective person you are. Let us take a look at what you refuse to do:

(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),

Jesus is asking you to follow him Pekin Ill and you refuse, you are an abomination asking gay people to follow Jesus when you flat out refuse to do so yourself. Words do not exist to describe how insane you are. Clearly you hate the God you ask others to obey.

Location hidden

#18815 Jul 6, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Lifestyle? WHAT DOES JESUS SAY ABOUT DIVORCE? He says nothing about MY LIFESTYLE but he sure says something about your abominations!
He certainly does! Pekin Ill is an affront to Jesus, an abomination to God. His BibleGod has instructed him to leave people alone and he gives the finger to his God and does as he pleases with out a concern in the world.

2 TIM. 2:23-25 RSV ("Have nothing to do with stupid, senseless controversies, you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing, correcting his opponents with gentleness").

ROM. 16:17-18 RSV ("I appeal to you, brethren, to take note of those who created dissensions and difficulties, in opposition to the doctrine which you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by fair and flattering words they deceive the hearts of the simple-minded"),

Clearly Pekin Ill believes that gays serve their own appetites and that they can deceive "the simple minded" which is all the fundies who visit here to cause dissensions and difficulties. Pekin sees reality backwards and insists that it is gays who create dissensions and difficulties in opposition to the biblical doctrine that he knows about, the only one he knows about and that is his arch fantasy, homosexuality.

What does BibleGod say to Pekin? AVOID THEM [homosexuals] but does Pekin obey these instructions? Of course not, he hates God and refuses to obey everything God has for him. He ignores God and visits here to stir dissension between normal homosexuals and sick perverted pew warming fundies.

Pekin has never taken the Bible seriously and until he does his words are just nonsense and no one will ever listen to them.

Location hidden

#18816 Jul 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
King Solomon killed a shit load of priests when he came to power. Read the Bible. How does this wash with the Ten Commandments. Was King Solomon as wise as the Bible says he is?
I just love biblical contradictions as they make normal people stop and think; which proves that Pekin, KiMare and anomoly are not normal in any way.

Location hidden

#18817 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many people have 'prophesied' the demise of Christianity?
America is clearly on the decline by every scientific measure.
You see reality backwards. Christianity is in decline and our American Republic continues to evolve.

You have lost already and you are too stupid to even see it.

You've lost KiMare, big time! Is there anything left in Christianity that it can lose?

Location hidden

#18818 Jul 6, 2013
TITUS 3:9-10 ("But avoid stupid controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels over the law, for they are unprofitable and futile. As for a man who is factious, after admonishing him once or twice, have nothing more to do with him...."),

Read that Pekin, have nothing more to do with gays.

Location hidden

#18819 Jul 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
SOLOMON--ordered murders (1 Kings 2:25 RSV, 2:34, 46), tried to kill Jeroboam (1 Kings 11:40), enslaved people (1 Kings 9:21 RSV), did not keep God's statutes or covenant (1 Kings 11:11 RSV), did evil (1 Kings 11:6), and lied to his mother (1 Kings 2:20-21 RSV, 2:25).

Location hidden

#18820 Jul 6, 2013
King David, God's favorite person, despised the word of the Lord (2 Sam. 12: 9-11),

Hey Pekin, just like you.

Location hidden

#18821 Jul 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love biblical contradictions as they make normal people stop and think; which proves that Pekin, KiMare and anomoly are not normal in any way.
I would like to see the command from the Bible about lifestyle choice. I did a Bible search and nothing came up under lifestyle. Go figure!!!

Location hidden

#18822 Jul 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
King David, God's favorite person, despised the word of the Lord (2 Sam. 12: 9-11),
Hey Pekin, just like you.
That's about the size of it for sure.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#18823 Jul 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why God hates divorce.
And why children of divorce are affected for their entire lives.
And if you've ever been through a divorce, no one comes out whole. Or even half and half.
Oh Baloney! What a pompous jerk you are to write such things.

Divorce is rarely, if ever, a good thing. But, there are many times and situations when divorce is a much better solution to the problems of an abusive relationship than the alternative of remaining married and at war with the spouse.

Furthermore, there are plenty of parents and children who are products of disbanded abusive relationships who have turned their scars into stars.

Getting people out of difficulties and onto the right track toward living well-adjusted, productive lives, conducted in dignity and integrity, is what true Christianity is all about.

Rev. Ken

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18824 Jul 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why God hates divorce.
And why children of divorce are affected for their entire lives.
And if you've ever been through a divorce, no one comes out whole. Or even half and half.
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Baloney! What a pompous jerk you are to write such things.
Divorce is rarely, if ever, a good thing. But, there are many times and situations when divorce is a much better solution to the problems of an abusive relationship than the alternative of remaining married and at war with the spouse.
Furthermore, there are plenty of parents and children who are products of disbanded abusive relationships who have turned their scars into stars.
Getting people out of difficulties and onto the right track toward living well-adjusted, productive lives, conducted in dignity and integrity, is what true Christianity is all about.
Rev. Ken
You are once again an idiot.

I never indicated divorce isn't sometimes necessary. The Law and Jesus gave cause. But God still hates divorce.

Moreover, you 'reason' that those rare exceptions eradicate all the devastating effects on those around in the vast majority of divorce situations.

Delivering people from sin is what Christianity is all about. Most divorce today is not for just cause.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#18825 Jul 7, 2013
Jeremiah said....The Lord is good unto them that wait for him to the soul that seeketh him...

Location hidden

#18826 Jul 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about the size of it for sure.
Exactly, I have posted irrefutable proof from the one source Miss Thang from Pekin Ill claims is the highest law of the Universe, the Bible, and I posted this irrefutable proof with chapter and verse, and still Miss Thang refuses to acknowledge it, which is his complaint about the entire gay community. He wants gay people to read the 6 verses he has cherry picked from the 33,000 in the Bible and then to stop having gay sex because of them and all the while he still flat our refuses to do what the Bible tells him to do is clear and certain terms.

He is the most despicable and lowest of the low of human beings. But most amazingly of all he believes his flaunting of his abominations makes him pleasing to BibleGod.

Location hidden

#18827 Jul 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
.... is what true Christianity is all about.
Rev. Ken
Where can I learn about this alleged "true" Christianity.

Location hidden

#18828 Jul 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why God hates divorce. But God still hates divorce.
You are a liar, you know nothing about what this alleged being, you insist exists, hates. All you or anyone has is the Bible and hearsay and a few deeply held beliefs. This Bible of yours is quite clear that this God you allege deceives and it lies. One can not trust anything that comes from a deceiver and a liar.

GOD DECEIVES:
"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).
"if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel" (Ezek. 14:9).
"Ah, Lord God! Surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reaches unto the soul" (Jer. 4:10).
"...God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness" (2 Thess. 2:9-12).

GOD LIES:
Joshua 7:1 says, "The people of Israel broke faith in regard to the devoted things; for Achan...took some of the devoted things; and the anger of the Lord burned against the people of Israel" and God responds by saying in the 11th verse, "Israel has sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant...." Yet, God did not tell the truth. Only Achan sinned, not all Israel, and Achan admits as much in the 20th verse by saying, "Indeed I have sinned against the Lord God of Israel...."

"He (David) shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever" (2 Sam. 7:13) and to David God says, "thine house and thy kingdom shall be established forever: thy throne shall be established for ever" (2 Sam. 7:16). God's prophecy failed. He didn't tell the truth. The Davidic line ended with Zedekiah and there was no Davidic king for 450 years when the Maccabeans established a dynasty, the first king being Aristobulus. Since the end of the Maccabean dynasty there has never been a king of the Jews. Second Kings 24:14 proves as much by saying, "He carried away all Jerusalem, and all the princes, and all the mighty men of valour, even ten thousand captives, and all the craftsmen and smiths. None remained, save the poorest sort of the people of the land."

If viewed together the following verses also show God engaged in prevarication. "...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17), "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die" (Gen. 3:3), "the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4), and "all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died" (Gen. 5:5). God said Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate of the tree and the devil said they would not. They ate of it and Adam lived to be 930 years old. In other words, God lied and the devil told the truth. Yet, according to Titus 1:2 "God never lies."

And finally, in Gen. 3:14 God said to the serpent, "...upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life...." Serpents do not now and never have eaten dust. If the serpent represents the Devil, he does not eat dust either; so, in either case God did not tell the truth.

Location hidden

#18829 Jul 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Delivering people from sin is what Christianity is all about.
Really? You sure as hell would not know it based on the dog and pony show you present.

GOD: "I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live. And I polluted them in their own gifts...." (Ezek. 20:25-26).

Do you really think I will stop sinning for that BibleGod monster? If so, you are even more divorced from reality than is Miss Thang from Pekin Ill.

You are an abomination KiMare and I have provided irrefutable proof all with chapter and verse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 1 hr Wondering 53
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 hr cpeter1313 9,968
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 7 hr Bernice 69
News Worker fired for same sex 'No' vote hits out 20 hr Wondering 24
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... 20 hr WB and hell bound 36
News Former Australian prime minister says he was he... Thu Pat Robertson s F... 1
News Roger Hines: Clarity and controversy from the B... Thu Pat Robertson s F... 98
More from around the web