Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36039 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18736 Jul 3, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how pathetic you make yourself and your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause look?
If you really so disregarded God and His Bible, you wouldn't obsess on posting hate on this thread.
It's very obvious that you have deep psychological problems over choosing to live in open rebellion against Him.
Wickedness was never happiness. You display that fact very well.
The only way you will ever find peace in this life or in the next is to repent of your homosexual lifestyle choice. Then perhaps you will no longer consider yourself waste water.
Ask me if I care about your worthless advice.

Here read this. It makes more sense than that trite drivel about a fictitious Sky Daddy.

"The study is the first to document the role that both parenting and sexual orientation play in the formation of intense and visceral fear of homosexuals, including self-reported homophobic attitudes, discriminatory bias, implicit hostility towards gays, and endorsement of anti-gay policies. Conducted by a team from the University of Rochester, the University of Essex, England, and the University of California in Santa Barbara, the research will be published the April issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/...
Dirty Mind

Troy, OH

#18737 Jul 3, 2013
I've often heard people say that God created Adam & Eve and NOT Adam & Steve.
So that often makes me wonder just what are Eve & Steve up to when Adam is not around?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18738 Jul 4, 2013
Freedom...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18739 Jul 5, 2013
Brad the Burrito Boy from Pekin Ill wrote:
The Bible clearly and repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior.
No one can rationally dispute this reality.
You are like a broken record. Can't be fixed and can't be thrown away either. No one cares what your stupid Bible says, you don't, I don't and the SCOTUS does not care.

Just look at what has happened to your stupid Bible Burrito Boy, slavery is no longer the law of the land, women can vote, Darwin is taught in the public schools, gays can marry, and I can buy alcohol.

Each of those are nails into your abominable religions coffin. I can't tell you how pleased I am that I helped nail some of those nails into that Christian coffin.

So go ahead and keep repeating your self endlessly no one cared the first time and no one cares now. All you are doing is proving how insane pew warming makes a person.

There is no God, we are on our own and like our Founding Fathers we must continue to improve ways to guarantee the most freedom for the most people and to keep people like you from having any power or influence over normal people.

You are one of the sickest most perverted abominable people I have ever had the misfortune to have met online.

Location hidden

#18740 Jul 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like a broken record. Can't be fixed and can't be thrown away either. No one cares what your stupid Bible says, you don't, I don't and the SCOTUS does not care.
Just look at what has happened to your stupid Bible Burrito Boy, slavery is no longer the law of the land, women can vote, Darwin is taught in the public schools, gays can marry, and I can buy alcohol.
Each of those are nails into your abominable religions coffin. I can't tell you how pleased I am that I helped nail some of those nails into that Christian coffin.
So go ahead and keep repeating your self endlessly no one cared the first time and no one cares now. All you are doing is proving how insane pew warming makes a person.
There is no God, we are on our own and like our Founding Fathers we must continue to improve ways to guarantee the most freedom for the most people and to keep people like you from having any power or influence over normal people.
You are one of the sickest most perverted abominable people I have ever had the misfortune to have met online.
You'll get no argument from me.

Location hidden

#18741 Jul 5, 2013
Old Hoot wrote:
<quoted text>
In spite of what some say, the bible was written by men, not God. If a God wrote the bible, then where is the "original" that was written by him?
We do not know anything about the authors of the various books of the Bible, and we know very little about the first translators, or the translations of the translators. What we do know is that translating between languages and between centuries is almost impossible to get an exact meaning.

If there was such a thing as God who guided the hand of men, inspiring them to write his message to mankind then this God would have not abandoned his work and left it up to translators to distort his meaning. Therefore clearly the Bible is nothing more than a collection of ancient Jewish Puppet Plays.

ISA. 7:14 ("Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son...."--KJ, ML, LB, NI, AS, NAB, NAS, LV) versus ("Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son...."--RS, BBE, NEB, TEV, MT) or (a young maiden--JB, NWT). This clash has been debated for centuries and goes to the heart of a critical biblical teaching because it's the only OT prophecy referring to the Messiah's virgin birth.

DAN. 9:24 ("...and to anoint the most holy"--KJ, AS, NI) versus ("...and to anoint a most holy place"--RS, LB, BBE, NEB, TEV, NAS, MT). The 9th chapter of Daniel has one of the most important of all OT prophecies and it's rather difficult to see how it could be referring to Jesus, i.e. be messianic, when conflict exists as to whether the most holy is a man or a place.

MICAH 5:2 ("...whose goings forth have been from old from everlasting"--KJ, ML, LB, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("...whose origin is from old from ancient days"--RS, JB, NI, NEB, TEV, MT, NAB). Micah 5:2 is supposedly one of the most precise OT prophecies because it supposedly predicts the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. But how could it be referring to Jesus if his goings were "from ancient days" which, unlike "everlasting" denotes a beginning at some time in the distant past? Whether or not the Messiah had an origin is crucial.

MATT. 12:40 ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the whale's belly"--KJ, RS, AS, NAB, LV) versus ("For as Jonas was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the sea-monster"--ML, JB, NEB, NAB) versus ("For as Jonas was in the great fish 3 days and 3 nights"--NI, NWT, TEV, LB, BBE). This conflict bears directly on the accuracy of comments by Jesus since whales are not fish and vice versa.

MARK 1:1 ("The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ"--NI, LB, JB, TEV, NWT) versus ("The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ"--KJ, RS, ML, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, NAS, LV). The former does not say Jesus wrote the Book of Mark while the latter all but says he did.

MARK 15:39 ("...Truly this man was the son of God"--KJ, RS, NI, AS, NAB, TEV, NAS, LV) versus ("...In truth this man was a son of God"--JB, BBE, NEB). "A" son clearly means there could be other sons of God while "the" son does not.

LUKE 1:27 ("To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph...."--KJ, ML, LB, RS, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NAB, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("...with a message for a girl betrothed to a man named Joseph...."--NEB, TEV). The latter translation does not support the idea of a virgin birth.

Location hidden

#18742 Jul 5, 2013
Two major questions need to be addressed in regard to the alleged original writing of Scripture. First, was there an original copy of the Bible from which subsequent manuscripts were copied and, secondly, if there was such an original, and existing manuscripts are copies of that original, can we reconstruct or do we have an accurate copy of that original. In addressing the first question we noted that although there are thousands of manuscripts with similar and nearly identical texts, there were also thousands of variations. Because of the great number of differences, one would not be wise to assume there must have been a common source. Encyclopedias and cookbooks also bear a remarkable resemblance and one might assume they, too, had a common source. Although it is correct to say that the degree of similarity between biblical manuscripts is significantly higher than that between most encyclopedias and cookbooks, the difference is one of degree, not kind. It remains for believers in an original to prove it existed.

The second is even more important. Even if we assume an original existed, could one know what it said based on existing manuscripts? With thousands of variances between thousands of manuscripts, there is no way to definitely know an original's contents, despite apologetic assurances to the contrary. Hundreds of differences between translations bear witness to the fact that scholars can't agree on what various verses say, what they mean, and whether they should even be included in reconstruction of the Bible. The experts are clearly at loggerheads on many points and uncertain as to others. Unanimity is not the dominant theme by any means. Despite the uncertainty that permeates the process of translating and understanding, people are repeatedly told there is no reason to worry about the validity of translations or reconstruction of the "original."

Location hidden

#18743 Jul 5, 2013
the anomoly wrote:
<quoted text>Its available at any bookstore...even wal mart sells it...Holy Bible...King James Version..wont cost you more than 20 bucks...cheers everybody
What a pathetic evil you are pretending you are a Christian when you REFUSE to do what the Bible tells you to do.

The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

Location hidden

#18744 Jul 5, 2013
Carl wrote:
EVERY Bible translation, ancient text, and Judeo-Christian tradition makes it very plain that all homosexual behavior is prohibited and condemned.
Yes it does, it also makes it very clear that the bat is a bird and it is an abomination to eat pork and shrimp. It also says you can beat your slaves and that you are to kill witches.

But my favorite is that the Bible says it is not a sin for a heterosexual father to have thoughts of molesting his virgin daughter and to deal with the situation he should marry her first.

Do you see how sick and perverted you and your Bible are Burrito Boy? Owning slaves and keeping women from voting, and fathers molesting their virgin daughters is just all roses roses but two gay men loving one another is wrong.

You are sick, twisted and perverted as is your ignorant Bible.

1 COR. 7:36 ("But if a man thinketh that he behaveth himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter...and if need so requireth, let him do what he will; he sinneth not; let them marry"--(American Standard Version)

Location hidden

#18745 Jul 5, 2013
the anomoly wrote:
Its no use carl....he knows its wrong just like everyone else....according to Scripture being a faggat is wrong...period
Pot/kettle.

Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

You "anomoly" try to stir up dissension amongst gay brothers. The Lard, according to Scripture, finds you detestable; THE LARD HATES YOU ANOMOLY.

Location hidden

#18746 Jul 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
YAWN
Is this thread over yet?
It should be.
Well, as long as Burrito Boy Pekin Ill has breath left in him he will continue to violate biblical teachings while insisting that gays obey them.

He is living proof that warming pews is detrimental to ones mental health.

Location hidden

#18747 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
SCOTUS ruled that ss couples are equal to marriage. Reality is not listening.
Ss couples are still ever only a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage. Maybe SCOTUS needs a unanimous decision???
Think that will work???
The bottom line is still this; Reality is disobeying SCOTUS!!! What is Obama going to do now??? Someone needs to file suit!
Blah blah blah.

1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

Your presence here KiMare is in direct violation of biblical teachings. Your presence here proves that you hate God and have no intention of obeying the Bible. You are an abomination in the eyes of God.

And the fact that you could care less, is proof that Christianity is a bad thing and turns people into sociopaths, which it has done to you.

Location hidden

#18748 Jul 5, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Male and female...butch and femme...top and bottom! We agree...now let's talk about YOU DIVORCE!!!!
KiMare does not care in the slightest how he sins for he allows himself the right to sin because he believes in Jesus. Like most of those who warm pews in the name of Jesus he thinks his schitt doesn't stink but those who do not believe in Jesus, their schitt does stink.

He is a sick perverted mentally retarded God hating bigot who points the finger at others while refusing to take any responsibility for his own actions. The Bible is VERY CLEAR that he is an abomination in the eyes of The Lard. And that does not slow him down.

All that he accomplishes is showing more normal people how warming pews and claiming to believe the Bible leads to the kind of insanity he posts in here on a daily basis.

Because of Christians like Kimare, Anomoly and Pekin Ill there are more people reading to become anti-theists seeing that being an atheist is just not enough in light of the insanity coming from the pew warming community.

Location hidden

#18749 Jul 5, 2013
Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the end of an era; sugar
Superstition is dead
The first state to join the Union; Delaware; has fabulous news for you today
http://makeitequal.org/
Grab your honey and run your waggling tongue in his ear
He'll be as tickled as we are!
WOW! that is a great idea. Thanks for sharing that, it is deeply appreciated.

Location hidden

#18750 Jul 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah.
1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."
Your presence here KiMare is in direct violation of biblical teachings. Your presence here proves that you hate God and have no intention of obeying the Bible. You are an abomination in the eyes of God.
And the fact that you could care less, is proof that Christianity is a bad thing and turns people into sociopaths, which it has done to you.
KiMarie becomes less and less relevant with each passing day. Just like David "Burrito Boy" Moore.

Location hidden

#18751 Jul 5, 2013
Pekin Ill wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread has nothing to do with ....
What this thread has to do with is YOUR refusal to obey your stupid ignorant Bible.

You are a busybody and an evildoer.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18752 Jul 5, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Denial...
I know.

Location hidden

#18753 Jul 5, 2013
Pekin wrote:
<quoted text>No law could ever make anything homosexual the same thing as a marriage..
No law is needed Pekin, the love two men have for one another, just like King David and his boyfriend Jonathan had for each other is what makes their relationship a marriage, a marriage of which your Biblegod approves and is acceptable to him. Jesus guarantees this.

2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"

Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."

As usually Burrito Boy David Pekin Ill, you are full of lies.

Location hidden

#18754 Jul 5, 2013
the anomoly wrote:
Very well put mr Lee....Ezekial said (the soul that sinneth shall surely die)...hello everybody..
What an idiot you are, this verse contradicts the theory of "original Sin". You are too stupid to see that you are shooting yourself in the foot.

One of the most important concepts in Christianity is original sin or the belief that all mankind has inherited a sinful nature brought about by the acts of Adam and Eve.

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,..."
1Cor. 15:22 "For as in Adam all die,..."

Yet, no amount of theological reasoning can make an inherently unjust idea seem right. Punishing billions of people for the acts of one is not only inherently unfair and unwarranted but also in opposition to other Biblical verses such as:

Deut. 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers.
2 Chron.25:54, "...:every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
2 Kings 14:6, "wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Ezek. 18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bearthe iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

Ezek.33:20 "O ye house of Israel,I will judge you every one after his ways."

Jer. 31:29-30 "In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."

Rom. 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds."

Ezek. 18:4 "... the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Each of these verses shows that every person should only be punished for those sins which he commits, not those of others.

Original sin makes about as much sense as if I were sitting at home one evening and the following occurred. The police came to my door and stated I was under arrest because my father in Europe just shot and killed someone. I responded by asking what that had to do with me and they said, "He's your father isn't he?"

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#18755 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
Queen of De Nile, Kuntmary.

Still married. Your opinions still don't matter. You still don't matter. 253 units at our lake-home condo association and even the republicans here recognize us as married.

You're out of touch, out of the loop and out of control. Probably out of Depends undergarments too. Better check the inventory.
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman breaks up with fiance 3 weeks before wedd... 11 hr wichita-rick 4
News Molly Olson: Change Minnesota law to support 'e... (Feb '11) 14 hr QBY 26
News 4 responses to Tim Kaine's claims about Genesis... 18 hr david traversa 1
News Religious Voters May Lean Republican, But Feel ... 20 hr BabyDoll 4
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 23 hr reza_khafan 183
News Tens of thousands march against same-sex marria... Sat david traversa 1
News PHOTOS: For Indonesiaa s Buginese community, tr... (Aug '15) Sat aditya 2
More from around the web