Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36052 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#18238 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like there is no such thing as calling ss couples married, there is no such thing as calling women Christian 'Reverends'.
LOL!!!....

Maybe not in your Church.

But, there sure as heck is in mine. And they do every bit as good a job in the Ministry and Sacraments as the men do.

As for marrying same-sex couples, we will get there pretty soon and it will be a righteous accommodation.

Rev. Ken

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18239 May 29, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
Maybe not in your Church.
But, there sure as heck is in mine. And they do every bit as good a job in the Ministry and Sacraments as the men do.
As for marrying same-sex couples, we will get there pretty soon and it will be a righteous accommodation.
Rev. Ken
Hence the slippery slide of apostasy.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#18240 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like there is no such thing as calling ss couples married, there is no such thing as calling women Christian 'Reverends'.
My SS marriage license says "marriage". It doesn't get any more real than that. Remember, hon, "words define reality".

Sucks to be you.

Location hidden

#18241 May 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
My SS marriage license says "marriage". It doesn't get any more real than that. Remember, hon, "words define reality".
Sucks to be you.
Doesn't get any more real than a piece of paper?

That sucks honey!

A pointless duplication will never equate to the union of diverse genders.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#18242 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't get any more real than a piece of paper?
That sucks honey!
A pointless duplication will never equate to the union of diverse genders.
That piece of paper, and my relationship, prove that my union is no different than yours. At any rate, when you and the missus are bumping uglies, there are two vaginas present. That doesn't sound nearly as diverse a you'd have is believe.

Location hidden

#18243 May 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
That piece of paper, and my relationship, prove that my union is no different than yours. At any rate, when you and the missus are bumping uglies, there are two vaginas present. That doesn't sound nearly as diverse a you'd have is believe.
Getting to know the same gender is 'no different' than getting to know the opposite gender and becoming one?

The union of Mars and Venus is the same as the collision of Uranus and Uranus?

Here is the disappointing reality of all this gay twirl.

A ss couple will only ever be only a duplicated HALF of marriage.

Nothing can change that.

You can't force people to deny that reality.

A law or a piece of paper cannot change it.

The result can ONLY be another fruitless gay encounter.

Location hidden

#18244 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence the slippery slide of apostasy.
Hence the maintenance of the poisonous reservoir of institutionalized bigotry and hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#18245 May 30, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence the maintenance of the poisonous reservoir of institutionalized bigotry and hypocrisy.
Or to the faithful, the foundation of truth.

The institution is all yours.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#18246 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting to know the same gender is 'no different' than getting to know the opposite gender and becoming one?
The union of Mars and Venus is the same as the collision of Uranus and Uranus?
Here is the disappointing reality of all this gay twirl.
A ss couple will only ever be only a duplicated HALF of marriage.
Nothing can change that.
You can't force people to deny that reality.
A law or a piece of paper cannot change it.
The result can ONLY be another fruitless gay encounter.
Your marriage can only be a poly marriage, then, because you insist that marriage must be one penis, one vagina.

No matter, you're the only person on Topix trolling your schtick and your also the only person buying your schtick. oh wait, "Adam" backs you up! yeah, I'd be thrilled about that.

This just in, we're still married. Two of the same gender, but we're married.

Location hidden

#18247 May 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss 'marriage' only on paper. In other words, a mutually sterile duplicated half of marriage.

Location hidden

#18248 May 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Your marriage can only be a poly marriage, then, because you insist that marriage must be one penis, one vagina.
No matter, you're the only person on Topix trolling your schtick and your also the only person buying your schtick. oh wait, "Adam" backs you up! yeah, I'd be thrilled about that.
Congratulations, DM!

Many couples like yourselves have waited a long time for the opportunity to live in the open as a married couple. It is TRULY a blessing for you both.

May God Bless you and keep you.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#18249 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss 'marriage' only on paper. In other words, a mutually sterile duplicated half of marriage.
Nah.

These people don't belong to you and you presently have nothing of any value or consequence to say to them or about them to anyone else.

Your bitterness and bigotry is a worthless, practiced mentality.

These couples cause you no problem of any sort. In fact, their joining and the legitimization of their unions is an improvement within the integrity of our culture and an affirmation of the rights of the individual within our Constitutional Republic.

KiMare, as old as you are and as experienced as you ought to be, you have yet a lot to learn about yourself and your fellow Humans.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#18250 May 30, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
These people don't belong to you and you presently have nothing of any value or consequence to say to them or about them to anyone else.
Your bitterness and bigotry is a worthless, practiced mentality.
These couples cause you no problem of any sort. In fact, their joining and the legitimization of their unions is an improvement within the integrity of our culture and an affirmation of the rights of the individual within our Constitutional Republic.
KiMare, as old as you are and as experienced as you ought to be, you have yet a lot to learn about yourself and your fellow Humans.
Rev. Ken
Belong to me? I have nothing to say to anyone?

That starts your arrogant denial. A pointless comment and an untruth followed by false judgment.

A perfect picture of the blind leading the blind combined with a Pharisee perverting followers to evil.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18251 May 30, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post succinctly restates the matter of the thread topic. It is not at all as others have said: A statement of how the Bible irrefutably condemns all homosexuality.
Very few people ever get taught the true purpose of the Bible. That includes most priests, pastors, ministers and preachers. And then, having been insufficiently informed, those who incorrectly teach it, encourage their followers to become rabid dogs in search of percieved Hell-bent cause and effect. The fundamentalist/literalist way of seeing is a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Rabbis, on the other hand, because they are steeped in Tradition, are more likely to get it. Still, because of an orthodoxy that goes hand in hand with Tradition, they are also vulnerable to acceptance into a very bigoted, self-righteous fraternity. Even so, they still have their Jewish mothers to keep them from getting to high on the rocking horse. Just ask Jesus about where the authority really rests.
Few want to see the evidence because most want something concrete and established that they can point to; something that they can see that others also respect as authority; Something that one can hang their hat on. They see the "incontrovertible authority and truth" vested in the "Holy Spirit inspired" Bible as a pillar of established stability in a world of political and social and financial constructs that seemingly have no foundation.
When the Bible, and other "inspired" scripture, is afforded such status, it is easy for the fearful to use it as an axe against the person who engages in any perceived misbehavior.
When you take that source of authority away from them, Alan, by revealing its inconsistencies,...
you take away their most precious safe harbor and set them adrift in an often violent sea with no land in sight.
Rev. Ken
Thank you for your very kind reply. You really hit the nail on its head saying that I take away their most precious safe harbor etc. It is what has to be done because as long as they look to the Bible to tell them about homosexuality the bigotry will continue.

Do we look to the Bible to tell us about slavery? Do we look to the Bible to tell us about the rights of women? Do we look to the Bible for dietary advice? No of course not.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18252 May 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing for sure, it won't get bigger.... ROTFLMAO
Right, and he never kisses guys who have penis' bigger than his own which means he never kisses.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#18254 May 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sucks to be you.
congratulations on the marriage!

my partner and i hope to legally marry sometime in the near future as well.

depends on what the supreme court says, anyway.

Location hidden

#18255 May 30, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
congratulations on the marriage!
my partner and i hope to legally marry sometime in the near future as well.
depends on what the supreme court says, anyway.
You mean a mutually sterile duplicated gender half of a real marriage?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#18256 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean a mutually sterile duplicated gender half of a real marriage?
Neither of us is sterile. And, unlike you, we are of single genders.

We have a law. We have a certificate. we have a relationship. we have a marriage.

you on the other hand, have Jack Schitt.

Location hidden

#18257 May 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of us is sterile. And, unlike you, we are of single genders.
We have a law. We have a certificate. we have a relationship. we have a marriage.
you on the other hand, have Jack Schitt.
That is not what I said.

Got a problem dealing with reality, don't you.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#18258 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what I said.
Got a problem dealing with reality, don't you.
No dear, the reality problem is ALL yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min Freedomofexpression 10,394
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 45 min FRIENDSofWADE 32,020
News Groom Heroically Saves Drowning Boy During Wedd... 3 hr Nice 1
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 3 hr Wondering 227
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 5 hr Wondering 63
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 5 hr Wondering 67
News Disgraced ex-congressman Anthony Weiner jailed ... 9 hr C Kersey 11
More from around the web