Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36058 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#18213 May 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this supposed to be an intelligent post?
For that poster, it's as high as its' IQ goes.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18214 May 27, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is, haven't you realized by now, everything I post is intelligent.
Are you two years old?

Location hidden

#18215 May 27, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> For that poster, it's as high as its' IQ goes.
I see.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18217 May 27, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Queers don't you, not gays?? Fagg@t, I don't care what you spew.
The Con-Artist at the front of your church lied to you Pepper, your peepeee does not get bigger when you tell lies about gay people.

Location hidden

#18218 May 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this supposed to be an intelligent post?
It is proof that Pepper has seen errors and contradictions and other things he was told did not exist in his precious Bible for the first time; this is how he deals with that evidence. He is like most Christians when he discovers the Bible is not what he thought it was and when he discovers that the con-artist at the front of his church has been lying to him all these years.

I do not know where he got the idea that if he harasses homosexuals that his peepee will get bigger.

Location hidden

#18219 May 27, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is, haven't you realized by now, everything I post is intelligent.
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

Location hidden

#18220 May 27, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you 95 yrs old?
What does that have to do with homosexuality and the Bible?

I just love it that you no longer even try to defend your silly stupid contradictory Bible but instead demonstrate to us all how low you have sunk into insults and bullying.

Location hidden

#18221 May 27, 2013
Why is it that gay Christian hate the reality of biblical errors just as much as do pew warming fundie Christians?

This isn't gay Christians vs. homophobic Christians it is about can the Bible be trusted to tell us about homosexuality. Or anything for that matter, and the anwer is no. The Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted.

Why do so few want to see the evidence?

Location hidden

#18225 May 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is proof that Pepper has seen errors and contradictions and other things he was told did not exist in his precious Bible for the first time; this is how he deals with that evidence. He is like most Christians when he discovers the Bible is not what he thought it was and when he discovers that the con-artist at the front of his church has been lying to him all these years.
I do not know where he got the idea that if he harasses homosexuals that his peepee will get bigger.
One thing for sure, it won't get bigger.... ROTFLMAO

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#18227 May 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Why is it that gay Christian hate the reality of biblical errors just as much as do pew warming fundie Christians?
This isn't gay Christians vs. homophobic Christians it is about can the Bible be trusted to tell us about homosexuality. Or anything for that matter, and the anwer is no. The Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted.
Why do so few want to see the evidence?
Your post succinctly restates the matter of the thread topic. It is not at all as others have said: A statement of how the Bible irrefutably condemns all homosexuality.

Very few people ever get taught the true purpose of the Bible. That includes most priests, pastors, ministers and preachers. And then, having been insufficiently informed, those who incorrectly teach it, encourage their followers to become rabid dogs in search of percieved Hell-bent cause and effect. The fundamentalist/literalist way of seeing is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Rabbis, on the other hand, because they are steeped in Tradition, are more likely to get it. Still, because of an orthodoxy that goes hand in hand with Tradition, they are also vulnerable to acceptance into a very bigoted, self-righteous fraternity. Even so, they still have their Jewish mothers to keep them from getting to high on the rocking horse. Just ask Jesus about where the authority really rests.

Few want to see the evidence because most want something concrete and established that they can point to; something that they can see that others also respect as authority; Something that one can hang their hat on. They see the "incontrovertible authority and truth" vested in the "Holy Spirit inspired" Bible as a pillar of established stability in a world of political and social and financial constructs that seemingly have no foundation.

When the Bible, and other "inspired" scripture, is afforded such status, it is easy for the fearful to use it as an axe against the person who engages in any perceived misbehavior.

When you take that source of authority away from them, Alan, by revealing its inconsistencies,...

you take away their most precious safe harbor and set them adrift in an often violent sea with no land in sight.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#18229 May 28, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Waste!!!
Relieved huh? You are a big enough prick already.
Cal

Pekin, IL

#18230 May 28, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Relieved huh? You are a big enough prick already.
Why do you keep posting unrelated nonsense and hate on this thread.

We get it: you hate the Bible, you are an anti-Christian bigot, you hate yourself and the perversion that has ruined your life, you have no real comprehension of the Bible, a book you've never read.

The only way you'll ever find peace in this life or the next is to repent and follow Jesus. You seem to have quite a struggle inside on that one.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18231 May 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Historic Christianity is abominable and you would know that if you were able to read or someone told you the truth about history. But since you neither read or listen you will have to remain among the uninformed and the misinformed.
"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:10-11)
Because you ignor verses like this one while pretending that those six anti-gay verses are the only verses that are important is what cause biblically literate people like me to condemn Christ-insanity.
Any complaint you have about how Christians are treated is because of your mindless, prejudice, mean, nasty and hate filled behaviour. You are resposible for casting Christinsanity into a bad light. It is all the fault of you and your fellow pew warming hate flled bigots. You are killing Christinsaity and I am glad to see it dead and happy to keep hammering in the nails you provide for its coffin.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the rev, you want to condemn historic Christianity to justify a sexual defect.

How can I be ignoring something I rarely note?

Moreover adultery is rejected by most religions and cultures. Sociologically it is rooted in protecting offspring.

Additionally, Christianity has been and still is the greatest force for good in human history.

Clearly you expose yourself once again as an ignorant bigot.

Location hidden

#18232 May 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the rev, you want to condemn historic Christianity to justify a sexual defect.
How can I be ignoring something I rarely note?
Moreover adultery is rejected by most religions and cultures. Sociologically it is rooted in protecting offspring.
Additionally, Christianity has been and still is the greatest force for good in human history.
Clearly you expose yourself once again as an ignorant bigot.
I don't condemn historic Christianity to justify a sexual defect. Where do you get THAT idea?

Location hidden

#18233 May 28, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't condemn historic Christianity to justify a sexual defect. Where do you get THAT idea?
You don't represent historical Christianity.

You don't even represent the roots of your denomination.
Cal

Pekin, IL

#18234 May 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't represent historical Christianity.
You don't even represent the roots of your denomination.
He's a complete fraud. He used to not hide his address and he claimed to be an Episcopal priest. There was no priest named Ken in the Springfield, Illinois, Diocese.

Location hidden

#18235 May 28, 2013
Cal wrote:
<quoted text>He's a complete fraud. He used to not hide his address and he claimed to be an Episcopal priest. There was no priest named Ken in the Springfield, Illinois, Diocese.
LOL!!!....

Mr. Manito Manurehead is still fishing for clues.

No bait-takers here 3M.

Lots of things you don't know, 3M.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of Our Lord, Christ Jesus. The Rt. Rev. Katherine Jefferts-Schori knows where I can be found. But, if you ask her, I doubt she'll spill the beans.

Location hidden

#18236 May 28, 2013
Cal wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you keep posting unrelated nonsense and hate on this thread.
We get it: you hate the Bible, you are an anti-Christian bigot, you hate yourself and the perversion that has ruined your life, you have no real comprehension of the Bible, a book you've never read.
The only way you'll ever find peace in this life or the next is to repent and follow Jesus. You seem to have quite a struggle inside on that one.
Everything you post has nothing to do with the Bible clueless Bible Bully.

You think I would follow your worthless advice?

You MUST be kidding me.

Location hidden

#18237 May 29, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
Mr. Manito Manurehead is still fishing for clues.
No bait-takers here 3M.
Lots of things you don't know, 3M.
Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of Our Lord, Christ Jesus. The Rt. Rev. Katherine Jefferts-Schori knows where I can be found. But, if you ask her, I doubt she'll spill the beans.
Just like there is no such thing as calling ss couples married, there is no such thing as calling women Christian 'Reverends'.

Location hidden

#18238 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like there is no such thing as calling ss couples married, there is no such thing as calling women Christian 'Reverends'.
LOL!!!....

Maybe not in your Church.

But, there sure as heck is in mine. And they do every bit as good a job in the Ministry and Sacraments as the men do.

As for marrying same-sex couples, we will get there pretty soon and it will be a righteous accommodation.

Rev. Ken

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio businessman, deported after 38 years in US... 12 min spocko 28
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 18 min Hudson 18,830
News Court rules California bakeries may REFUSE to d... 28 min Hudson 43
News Salt Lake church shields Utah mom from deportation 15 hr Bloodonhishands 2
News Eastland Mall, at 50, remains popular among nei... Tue REALITY 5
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Mon Abandoned Trailer 44
News What will Meghan wear? Royal wedding dress a to... Mon Church Ladies Wil... 1
More from around the web