Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 27,155

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#17959 May 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
If you knew history, you would know that political forces used religion, in fact distorted it..
<quoted text>
Again, you post an ignorant assertion about history, and when proven wrong, lack the character to admit it, but instead engage in a childish shift that only continues to expose your ignorance.
~God is clear that the abuse of liberty results in slavery. History bears that out over and over.
~Christians have been at the forefront of pursuing liberty for slaves. That was true in England and the US when slavery existed in the past, and it is still true today. And like then, Christians are the only ones with any significant effort being pursued.
Smile.
How it is that I can post a lot of Bible verses, and with these very same verses right in front of us all you continue to claim they mean other than what they say.

You prove to us that you do not believe a single word of the Bible when you subject us all to your apologetics. Only a dispicable being would do such deceitful, deceptive and dishonest things.

If you were telling us the truth which you are not, God wouldn't be supporting the slavemasters. Confederate leaders during the Civil War were quite correct when they contended the Bible supported slavery. "...Let the gentleman go to Revalation to learn the decree of God--let him go to the Bible,.... I said that slavery was sanctioned in the Bible, authorized, regulated, and recognized from Genesis to Revelation.... Slavery existed then in the earliest ages, and among the chosen people of God; and in Revelation we are told that it shall exist till the end of time shall come. You find it in the Old and New Testament--in the prophecies, psalms, and the epistles of Paul; you find it recognized, sanctioned everywhere (Jefferson Davis by Rowland, Vol. I, p. 316-17)." The well-known reverend Alexander Campbell contended: "there is not one verse in the Bible inhibiting slavery, but many regulating it. It is not then, we conclude, immoral." However, biblical support justifies nothing. Slavery was no more right in 2,000 B.C. than in 2,000 A.D. Morality has not changed that much, regardless of cultural difference and time differentials.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17960 May 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev Fagg@t, step in front of a moving train, you piece of Queer Sh!t.
Thank you for letting me know that you can not refute the truth I post. And that you are such a Christian that all you can do is attack the messenger. You must be the nicest pew warmer in your whole entire church.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17961 May 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
Here we are 17952 posts later, with over 1800 posts deleted because they were so devastating to the untruths radical homosexuals want to believe.
No one has been able to cite even one ancient text, Bible translation, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many explicit condemnations of all homosexual behavior, found in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms.
Here's the bottom line:
Well, well, well, its Pekin Il again. I guess I rattled your cage again didn't I. All those 1800 posts that were deleted were your posts where you quoted 6 stupid, mistranslated and out of context verses from the worlds most stupid and contradictory book.

Only the verses that I post devastate people. Your verses just make people yawn. You are so stupid and thick headed and filled with self loathing that you can't see that no one cares what the Bible says; you don't care, I don't care, no one cares. There is not one person in the whole world who cares what the Bible says, no, not one. Yet because your IQ is a lower number than your shoe size you keep posting the same six stupid verses over and over.

You keep doing what didn't work, only with more huffing and puffing and foaming at the mouth, and you expect different results, which proves you are insane.

So keep posting your lies because the more people who read them see how pew warming causes insanity. You are the living proof.

You and people like you are the reason that Christianity is dying. Through out this long discussion I have posted numerous verses which refute those 6 verses of yours and yet you pretend they do not exist just like you pretend your Jesus and God do exist.

Pretned, pretend pretend.

Didn't you ever believe in Santa Claus? Well Santa has a message for you Pekin Ill.

Santa says: Dear Children, some day you will learn everything there is to know about Santa, and on that day I want you to remember what the adults told you about Jesus.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17962 May 19, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. I'm sure Jesus is filed with pride at your behavior.
Hypocrite.
We all know what Shadow is filled with.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17963 May 19, 2013
Hey Pekin Ill, if God lies to us here, why can't you accept that those 6 verses you hold dear to your heart are also lies?

(a) "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened"--Matt. 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-10;
(b) "Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;
(c) "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"Matt. 21:22.

Does anyone really believe the above is true?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17964 May 19, 2013
Something for you to put in your pipe and smoke Pekin Ill.

JESUS: Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it.

GOD: Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17965 May 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Bible were true, and it is not, every gay person could ask God in the name of Jesus to wake up and be straight like most everyone else.
These three verses [and there are more!!!] promise unlimited powers to those who pray and ask God for assistance.
(a) "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened"--Matt. 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-10;
(b) "Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;
(c) "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"Matt. 21:22.
If one ever needed proof that the Bible is nothing but a pack of lies this is it. One can only guess at the number of homosexuals who have prayed to God asking to become heterosexual. Not because homosexuality is bad or wrong or anything but because of the hell KKKristains put gay people through because of 6 very stupid, mistranslated, taken out of context versus that our resident bigots love to drag out just to hurt gay people.
That is the conclusion I arrived at. Prayed 50 years for gods help to be hetero. Lived many years in emotional pain to protect me and family. Scacrifices of staying lonly,denying myself a happier life. Then to read and hear people ssy its a choice is "salt on a deep wound". So many lost years because of religion to having a relationship heteros have. Can't get those years back. 58 and still alone because of religion. Seeing family-friends- neighbors-people publicly enjoying companiinship, hurts very much. Then to be preached to by non clergy on how I should be living. Then dare feign they know better than gays on it being a choice! None of my prayers ever answered. So I vome on here to give my testimonies on the farce called religion. Still I have respect to those that want to be religious. As long as its not forced on me to live by.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17968 May 19, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> That is the conclusion I arrived at. Prayed 50 years for gods help to be hetero. Lived many years in emotional pain to protect me and family. Scacrifices of staying lonly,denying myself a happier life. Then to read and hear people ssy its a choice is "salt on a deep wound". So many lost years because of religion to having a relationship heteros have. Can't get those years back. 58 and still alone because of religion. Seeing family-friends- neighbors-people publicly enjoying companiinship, hurts very much. Then to be preached to by non clergy on how I should be living. Then dare feign they know better than gays on it being a choice! None of my prayers ever answered. So I vome on here to give my testimonies on the farce called religion. Still I have respect to those that want to be religious. As long as its not forced on me to live by.
Many gay people share the same story. I too blame religion in general and Christianity in particular. Idiots like KiMare ask for examples of how Christ-insanity has harmed people and when KiMare reads stories like yours he just ignores them as askes for examples. Round and round he wants to take it, never getting anywhere and never wanting to get anywhere.

But telling your story of the harm you have suffered because of morons for Christ like our resident simple-minded KaMare can and does help others struggling with their sexuality.

Thank you for sharing your pain.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17969 May 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev Fagg@t, have you had a d!ck up your a.ss this morning? Bet you can't wait to su:ck it clean.
ROFLMFAO
Like I said, you are most likely the nicest pew warmer in your entire church. Your Con-artist is probably very proud of you.

GOD: 2 Kings 18:27, "...that they may eat their own dung and drink their own pisss with you..."

God was kidding Pat, you can stop eating and drinking now.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17970 May 19, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Satan's disciple? Are you a Queer Pedophile? Heard you were both
We all know what it means when you attack the messenger, it means you can not deal with the message.

Christianty is an abomination it is a crime against humanity and you have been deceived by the biggest hoax ever sold; Christ-insanity.

Why aren't you warming pews this morning?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17971 May 19, 2013
JESUS: Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it.

Clearly if to men agree, key word here agree, to have sex with one another Jesus' father in heaven accepts it, so why can't the pew warmers?

GOD: Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"

Since there is a time for homosexuality and a season for sodomy, then clearly we all should be engaging in it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17972 May 19, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Satan's disciple? Are you a Queer Pedophile? Heard you were both
That is the problem with pew warmiing bigots, you believe every thing you hear. And nothing you read in the Bible except for the 6 most stupid and contradicted verses that exist.

What is humanity to do with such defective beings?

Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

God hates you.
john

Boerne, TX

#17976 May 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for letting me know that you can not refute the truth I post. And that you are such a Christian that all you can do is attack the messenger. You must be the nicest pew warmer in your whole entire church.
Maybe you should look back at the last oh say hundred or so of your own posts and then preach to others about attacking the "messenger" hypocrite.
Come on allan anyone who dares disagree with you is instantly flamed.
You are a joke and stop with the reverend thing we know it isn't true just by how you act--just like ken.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17977 May 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Many gay people share the same story. I too blame religion in general and Christianity in particular. Idiots like KiMare ask for examples of how Christ-insanity has harmed people and when KiMare reads stories like yours he just ignores them as askes for examples. Round and round he wants to take it, never getting anywhere and never wanting to get anywhere.
But telling your story of the harm you have. because of morons for Christ like our resident simple-minded KaMare can and does help others struggling with their sexuality.
Thank you for sharing your pain.
Thank you for shedding the light of reality here. I'm showing how my life is to make doubters aware that what they claim knowledge on is only guesswork. They hide behind religion to justify their hate. And see religion as giving them the right to hate. Then ignore scripture themselves to satisfy their needs. Hippocrites.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17978 May 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question.
Rev Fagg@t, have you had a d!ck up your a.ss this morning? Bet you can't wait to su:ck it clean.
ROFLMFAO
You are living proof that ChristInsanity has really screwed you up. Bettered stop pew warming or you'll go even more insane.

"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?" (Amos 3:6).

See, you are living proof that the lard causes evil in all our lives. You are that evil.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17979 May 19, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is an abomination, it is a crime against humanity and you have been deceived by the biggest hoax ever sold; sad Sh!t.
Are you satan's disciple and a Queer Pedophile? I understand why you won't answer. Hard to admit out loud.
Your simple minded attempts to distract me from exposing the Bible for the fraud that it is will not succeed. You can call me all the names you want, you can insult me as much as you please and you can suggest that I am not a very nice person, but none of that will change the fact that I quote the verses from the Bible exactly as they exist. Nor will you distract me from posting them.

What you find impossible to admit is that the Bible is not the book you thought it was. And you are living proof that Christianity is a bad Bad Bad thing;

JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17980 May 19, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should look back at the last oh say hundred or so of your own posts and then preach to others about attacking the "messenger" hypocrite.
Come on allan anyone who dares disagree with you is instantly flamed.
You are a joke and stop with the reverend thing we know it isn't true just by how you act--just like ken.
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17981 May 19, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for shedding the light of reality here. I'm showing how my life is to make doubters aware that what they claim knowledge on is only guesswork. They hide behind religion to justify their hate. And see religion as giving them the right to hate. Then ignore scripture themselves to satisfy their needs. Hippocrites.
Yes, they [or should I say he, since there is only one posting under multiple names] really is a hypocrite, is there another kind of Christian? LOL! No, not really.

I just love to witness all their hopes and dreams going right down the toilet with each and everything I post here. I wish others would save the bible quotes I post and re-post them as needed.

It is called fighting fire with fire. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.:)

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17982 May 19, 2013
"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17983 May 19, 2013
"Thus saith the Lord, Behold I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbor, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. For thou did it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun" (2 Sam. 12:11- 12).

Let's see, if translated properly this is a receipe for strawberry jam. God doesn't really raise up evil and make neighbors lie with other men's wives. No, not God!

No wonder Pew Warmers are so insane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 10 min DRUDAEGCNTIENDEBD... 52
The Islamist war on Muslim women (Dec '07) 57 min Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1,499
Happily ever after? Charges reduced to one year... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 4
Taco Bell Responds To 'Leaked' Gay Commercial 2 hr Rainbow Kid 4
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 82
Religious freedom bill coming to Indiana 4 hr Fa-Foxy 19
Gay Marriage Ban on Precarious Legal Ground 5 hr Sneaky Pete 7
More from around the web