Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
16,061 - 16,080 of 24,893 Comments Last updated 35 min ago
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17937 May 18, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Your posts are childish drivel. There is no such thing as a lifestyle choice? When did you choose not to be gay?
What a Jackass!!!!
You have got this all wrong Jackass.
No one chooses to be normal we just are but you and yours most certainly choose to be queers in a normal straight world.
Just like you choose to be an ass.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#17938 May 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
1. You are not your own. You will answer to your Maker.2. Before anything or anyone, you are obligated to your Maker.That is the condition of your existence. If you don't like it, you cease to exist.Now you avoid my answer.
Blah blah blah, you just made all of that up, there is no reason to believe a word out of your mouth, it is all hearsay, lies your mamma and pappa told you.

You are nothing but a con-artist selling lies, indeed, the biggest hoax every sold.

Apologists attempted to gloss over the situation by alleging these verses came from the God of the Old Testament and his laws, while the New Testament's God is supposedly one of love, liberty and compassion. If so, somebody forgot to tell Peter and Paul. The latter said: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men....(Eph. 6:5-7, NIV)." "All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered (1 Tim. 6:1, NIV)." "Slaves, obey your earthy masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col. 3:22, NIV)." "Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,....(Titus 2:9, NIV)." Paul not only sanctions slavery but equates serving one's master with serving God. To serve one faithfully is to serve the other faithfully. Peter agrees with Paul: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."

Clearly, according to the Bible, the spirit of the Lord has little to do with liberty. If they were inseparable, God wouldn't be supporting the slavemasters. Confederate leaders during the Civil War were quite correct when they contended the Bible supported slavery. "...Let the gentleman go to Revalation to learn the decree of God--let him go to the Bible,.... I said that slavery was sanctioned in the Bible, authorized, regulated, and recognized from Genesis to Revelation.... Slavery existed then in the earliest ages, and among the chosen people of God; and in Revelation we are told that it shall exist till the end of time shall come. You find it in the Old and New Testament--in the prophecies, psalms, and the epistles of Paul; you find it recognized, sanctioned everywhere (Jefferson Davis by Rowland, Vol. I, p. 316-17)." The well-known reverend Alexander Campbell contended: "there is not one verse in the Bible inhibiting slavery, but many regulating it. It is not then, we conclude, immoral." However, biblical support justifies nothing. Slavery was no more right in 2,000 B.C. than in 2,000 A.D. Morality has not changed that much, regardless of cultural difference and time differentials.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17939 May 18, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No one chooses to be normal we just are but you and yours most certainly choose to be queers in a normal straight world.
Clearly you are divorced from reality. In your delusional mind you believe everything that Con-artist at the front of your church tells you. All you pew warmers are the same, pathetically lacking all common decency.

JesusGod: Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."

If JesusGod can accept what two men agree to do with one anothers bodies why can't you?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17940 May 18, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Pew warming is NOT normal Shadow. Believing every word the Con-artist at the front of your church says is pathalogical and means you need medical attention; you are a defective being and a liar, you came here for one reason only and God hates you:

Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17941 May 18, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, women not as favored as much as men. My neighbor is of Jehovahs witness. She and the other women praise their faith while it speaks poorly of them. Most women in my family aggressive. My mother made all our lives painful. Mostly why they did'nt help her in senior years. " Ye reap what ye sow", and she got just that. Abandonment. I was the only one helping her. Why? Not to harbor hate like her. Do what I believe is right. To rise above in humanity. In the end she realized my morals better than my hetero brothers and thanked me.
Good for you!:)
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17942 May 18, 2013
Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you are divorced from reality. In your delusional mind you believe everything that Con-artist at the front of your church tells you. All you pew warmers are the same, pathetically lacking all common decency.
JesusGod: Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."
If JesusGod can accept what two men agree to do with one anothers bodies why can't you?
The verse doesn't refer to sinning.
So you think is two men agree to rape every woman they see it is just fine with Jesus?
Come on allen you are better than that surely.
Apples meet oranges you lost sinning fool.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17943 May 18, 2013
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a pathetic excuse of a homosexual person. You're worthless.
Not as worthless as your stupid contradictory bible is.

That is the clear import of Psalm 14:2 ("The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God"). Why would he look down to see if he already knew? Ezek. 20:3 says, "Thus saith the Lord God; Are ye come to inquire of me? As I live, saith the Lord God, I will not be inquired of by you." Again we see God seeking information. In Num. 22:9 ("And God came unto Balaam, and said, What men are these with thee?") we again find God seeking information. In Hosea 8:4 ("They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not... ") and Gen. 18:21 ("I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know") God directly states he lacks some information and, unless he is lying, the conclusion is clear. When he says He does not know something, that should settle the matter and would have done so long ago had anyone else been involved. But because his followers can not conceive of him being deficient in any respect, they don't believe him. I, on the other hand, take him at his word. It's only reasonable that if he said it, he meant it. Biblicists are actually saying to God: You don't really mean that God, now do you Oh, yes he does. Don't they believe Scripture! They sure do when it fits their needs and complies with their predilections. One could also consult Gen. 3:9, Gen. 4:5-6, 4:9, 2 Chron. 32:31, and Amos 9:3 for additional confirmation of God's lack of omniscience. As is so often true, once biblicists have a concept embedded in their psyche, God himself can't change their minds.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17944 May 18, 2013
if

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17945 May 18, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The verse doesn't refer to sinning.
So you think is two men agree to rape every woman they see it is just fine with Jesus?
Come on allen you are better than that surely.
Apples meet oranges you lost sinning fool.
I did not write the Bible, I would have done a much better job. I read it just like you pew warming apologists insist, like a newspaper. You don't realize it but you are argeeing that the Bible is flawed cover to cover.

I have no idea what Jesus would accept and neither do you. Neither of us even know if he was an actual historical figure since there are no accounts other than the Bible.

You have the same Bible I do and instead of accepting what you read you pretend it means other than it says.

I should do what you do to those 6 anti-gay verses and claim they are nothing more than an expression of God's love of homosexuals. After all God's favorite person had gay sex with his boy lover Jonathan.

2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been
unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"

It does no good to attack me, the Bible is your problem not me.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17946 May 18, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
you...fool.
JESUS: "But I say unto you... whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire," MATT. 5:22.

See, you do not believe the Bible any more than I do.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17947 May 18, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of Baloney!
Vick Torre

Brooklyn, NY

#17948 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pew warming is NOT normal Shadow. Believing every word the Con-artist at the front of your church says is pathalogical and means you need medical attention; you are a defective being and a liar, you came here for one reason only and God hates you:
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
Well said. I know who I am isn't a choice. The decades of struggling to survive among hetero family- friends- neighbors just to please jerks like shadow who litteraly has no idea what we go through to live while tbose like him have no such struggles. Tried very hard to change. If a choice it would'nt be difficult to just say " Ok, not many liking mu choice, being shunned by family& friends, so I'll go back to being a hetero". I wish it was a choice. So easy to have loving relationships and have all in our lives instead of rejecting us for being gay.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17949 May 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Please be specific about how Christianity has harmed our society.

<quoted text>
2. If you knew history, you would know that political forces used religion, in fact distorted it. Guess what history calls the period when the Bible was made available to the common man???

<quoted text>
3. But you again avoid my question. How has Christianity harmed OUR society. What 'harm' are the multiple Churches in every community of our society doing this week?
Smile.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
HITLER:...
1. Failure by you to respond because on a daily basis, across this country and literally around the world, Christians are engaged in sacrificial acts of love. The practical application of their faith.

2. It was called 'The Enlightenment'. The result of the Bible being printed in the language of the day. It literally brought liberty from tyrants.

3. Your response? A queer continuation of gay twirl talking points you most likely copy and paste.

Clearly you have no ability to postulate your own thoughts and provide a direct answer.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17950 May 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
If you knew history, you would know that political forces used religion, in fact distorted it..
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, anytime someone does something in the name of Christianity or God that you consider bad, they are not a real Christian. How apologetic of you.
The Indianapolis Star, one of the most conservative newspapers in the nation, has always quoted 2 cor. 3:17, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty," on the front of each and every issue. Yet, if the Bible were, indeed, the Word of God, as apologists allege, it would be difficult to find a comment more at variance with the facts. All of the following verses show the God of the Bible sanctioned, indeed, instituted slavery--the absence of liberty. "Then thou shalt take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise (Deut. 15:17, KJV)." (In order to minimize the Bible's support for slavery, the King James translators used "servant" instead of "slave" in this verse and others. The RSV translators used "bondman." Any knowledgeable authority knows slaves are being discussed, and several versions, e.g. the NWT and Living Bible, are honest enough to admit as much.)
But to continue: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly ( Lev. 25:44-46, NIV)." "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)." "I (the Lord) will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away (Joel 3:8, NIV)"
Again, you post an ignorant assertion about history, and when proven wrong, lack the character to admit it, but instead engage in a childish shift that only continues to expose your ignorance.

~God is clear that the abuse of liberty results in slavery. History bears that out over and over.

~Christians have been at the forefront of pursuing liberty for slaves. That was true in England and the US when slavery existed in the past, and it is still true today. And like then, Christians are the only ones with any significant effort being pursued.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17951 May 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:

1. You are not your own. You will answer to your Maker.

2. Before anything or anyone, you are obligated to your Maker.That is the condition of your existence. If you don't like it, you cease to exist.

Now you avoid my answer.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah,...
Wow, that's the deepest response I've seen from you yet.

Snicker.
Pat

Pekin, IL

#17952 May 19, 2013
Here we are 17952 posts later, with over 1800 posts deleted because they were so devastating to the untruths radical homosexuals want to believe.

No one has been able to cite even one ancient text, Bible translation, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many explicit condemnations of all homosexual behavior, found in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms.

Here's the bottom line:

Joshua 24:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17953 May 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of Baloney!
Shadow is a pew warming fundie, biblically illiterate KKKristian and I know you are not, however it is still important to quote the Bible to these defective beings to show them they do not believe what they preach.

Since Shadow only visits this discussion to spread the lies the Con-artist at the front of his church teaches him and to stir up dissension between the decent people here, I suggest letting him know that God hates him for what he does. He doesn't believe or trust the Bible any more than I do, but at least now everyone can see clearly that he is a hypocrite of the highest magnitude.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17954 May 19, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Well said. I know who I am isn't a choice. The decades of struggling to survive among hetero family- friends- neighbors just to please jerks like shadow who litteraly has no idea what we go through to live while tbose like him have no such struggles. Tried very hard to change. If a choice it would'nt be difficult to just say " Ok, not many liking mu choice, being shunned by family& friends, so I'll go back to being a hetero". I wish it was a choice. So easy to have loving relationships and have all in our lives instead of rejecting us for being gay.
If the Bible were true, and it is not, every gay person could ask God in the name of Jesus to wake up and be straight like most everyone else.

These three verses [and there are more!!!] promise unlimited powers to those who pray and ask God for assistance.

(a) "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened"--Matt. 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-10;
(b) "Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;
(c) "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"Matt. 21:22.

If one ever needed proof that the Bible is nothing but a pack of lies this is it. One can only guess at the number of homosexuals who have prayed to God asking to become heterosexual. Not because homosexuality is bad or wrong or anything but because of the hell KKKristains put gay people through because of 6 very stupid, mistranslated, taken out of context versus that our resident bigots love to drag out just to hurt gay people.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17955 May 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>blah blah blah snipped.
You are truely an idiot. It does no good to answer you because you will just ask the same stupid questions over and over and over again. You are a complete waste of time and a defective being.

GOD: 2 Kings 18:27, "...that they may eat their own dung and drink their own pisss with you..."

God was only kidding KiMare, you can stop eating and drinking now.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17957 May 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev Fagg@t, step in front of a moving train, you piece of Queer Sh!t.
Nice. I'm sure Jesus is filed with pride at your behavior.

Hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 9 min Fa-Foxy 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min Dick Topick 49,534
Protester storms Families meeting 14 min Fa-Foxy 4
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr Way To Go Boro 31,199
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 5 hr TomInElPaso 155
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... 23 hr Veronica 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••